HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Should Marc Bergevin pull a Lou Lamoriello?

View Poll Results: Should Marc Bergevin pull a Lou Lamoriello?
Yes 117 70.91%
No 37 22.42%
Undecided 11 6.67%
Voters: 165. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-13-2014, 12:05 PM
Avengers*

vCash: 500
Should Marc Bergevin pull a Lou Lamoriello?

Lou Lamoriello fired Claude Julien 3 games before the playoffs back in 2007.

I think Marc Bergevin should do the same thing.

Michel Therrien has clearly lost the room and he is ruining subban.

JJ Daigneault should get the boot too.

What do you think?

Avengers* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2014, 12:14 PM
Jrham15

vCash: 303

#hireboucher!

Jrham15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2014, 12:15 PM
Avengers*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrham15 View Post

#hireboucher!
I agree

Old
03-13-2014, 12:16 PM
Avengers*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengers View Post
I agree
He is going to be the next vancouver canuck coack if we don't snatch him up right away.

Old
03-13-2014, 12:17 PM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

Yep, Right now he is running Eller, Galchenyuk, Subban, Beaulieu ( Not even with the team anymore... Urgh) and Vanek.

If your D isnt any good and your star goalie is injured you have to find a way to win games. What is that way ? Scorning goals and with MT`s system we do everything but that.

Richiebottles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2014, 12:22 PM
FF de Mars

You could also say Should Marc Bergevin pull a Bylsma ! But which coach do you have in mind ? I wouldn't mind, but I'm not sure Boucher is that kind of coach, he's a strategist, and strategies take time to implement. Again, I don't mind, but which coach to replace good ole dummy MT ?

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
That Habs Fan
True Contenders.

vCash: 400

#teamBoucher

That Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
donghabs98
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrham15 View Post

#hireboucher!
If the fear of having to see that angry face doesn't motivate the players then I don't know what will.

donghabs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2014, 12:24 PM
shutehinside

It's worked for Philly and for Winnipeg so far. I really truly don't see how it could hurt at this point.

MT, in his knowing more than you, still doesn't seem to get it and the players sure as hell don't get him.

Bergy, you got us Vanek, now ditch MT! DO IT!!

shutehinside is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2014, 12:25 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Not a big fan of last minute moves like this but YES it absolutely should be done in this case. This guy needs the boot but good.

Late is better than never.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2014, 12:26 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

pull the ****ing trigger MB

uiCk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2014, 12:27 PM
BLNY

Send a message via MSN to BLNY Send a message via Yahoo to BLNY
While I agree that Therrien is a problem, I'm not convinced Boucher is the solution.

I am in the camp that feels the team wins in spite of Therrien instead of because of him.

What am I most in favor of? A coaching staff that includes Larry Robinson (in ANY capacity).

BLNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2014, 12:28 PM
Avengers*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
You could also say Should Marc Bergevin pull a Bylsma ! But which coach do you have in mind ? I wouldn't mind, but I'm not sure Boucher is that kind of coach, he's a strategist, and strategies take time to implement. Again, I don't mind, but which coach to replace good ole dummy MT ?
Guy Boucher is the way to go. he is available and he speaks french. he coached pacioretty, desharnais and subban in hamilton back in 2009-2010. he is good on the mental and treats players like humans.

Old
03-13-2014, 12:35 PM
missthenet

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLNY View Post
While I agree that Therrien is a problem, I'm not convinced Boucher is the solution.

I am in the camp that feels the team wins in spite of Therrien instead of because of him.

What am I most in favor of? A coaching staff that includes Larry Robinson (in ANY capacity).
we need to make the change not only to try and salvage this year but for next year as well. After watching the last 5 games reinforces that we need a change. seeing Subban look like Bouillion out there is scary, Gallagher looks like he is out sync, Eller looks lost and Galchenyuk does not get any quality ice time . If there is no change made now I am not sure what it will take. Over the years this franchise has wasted a lot of players and if according to Molson his goal is to win the cup then he better act fast before we waste what we have now.

missthenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2014, 12:39 PM
MTL-rules

Hell ****ing yeah...

I wasn't sure at first, but yeah fire his ass, bring in Boucher. That way MB says to his players "I believe in you, not that incompetant who "coached" you"...

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2014, 12:42 PM
That Habs Fan
True Contenders.

vCash: 400
This is a man who iced Bouillon-Subban as a pair, against the Bruins, after not playing Francis Bouillon for the previous fifteen games, and gave Bouillon 24 minutes of ice time.

That alone should get him fired.

Back to the couch MT, back to the couch.

That Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2014, 12:45 PM
FisherKing

Quote:
Guy Boucher is the way to go. he is available and he speaks french. he coached pacioretty, desharnais and subban in hamilton back in 2009-2010. he is good on the mental and treats players like humans.
I think I read somewhere that Subban said Boucher was the best coach he's ever had. That's good enough for me.

FisherKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2014, 12:47 PM
JAVO16

Yes. It would shock the troops. We might have better chance to go deep in the playoffs or simply reach the playoff and put Vanek to good use since he's not re-signing here anyway (apparently). Therrien hasn't synched with the team it would seem anyway, so we might as well cut our losses now.

JAVO16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2014, 12:50 PM
MTL-rules

How bad is this team since a couple of months well They were 19-9-3 when they face LA on dec. 10 and lost 6-0, since then they play .500 hockey...

16-16-4 GF 82 GA 105 diff -23

That's just ****ing disgusting, MT should have been fired a month ago...

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2014, 01:25 PM
BLNY

Send a message via MSN to BLNY Send a message via Yahoo to BLNY
Quote:
Originally Posted by missthenet View Post
we need to make the change not only to try and salvage this year but for next year as well. After watching the last 5 games reinforces that we need a change. seeing Subban look like Bouillion out there is scary, Gallagher looks like he is out sync, Eller looks lost and Galchenyuk does not get any quality ice time . If there is no change made now I am not sure what it will take. Over the years this franchise has wasted a lot of players and if according to Molson his goal is to win the cup then he better act fast before we waste what we have now.
I'm looking to the future too. I'm not convinced Boucher is the answer. He fell into the 'trap' of using the trap during his time in Tampa.

I mention Larry Robinson because he went to Bergevin and asked to be part of things . He genuinely wanted to work with our young players. Bergevin declined, opting for Daigneault instead. All respect to JJ, but he's no Robinson.

I never liked the Therrien signing. I'm just non-committal about who should be the replacement. I like Dom Ducharme in Halifax a lot, but I don't think he's ready for the NHL. Sylvain Lefebvre would be an obvious choice if they chose to promote from within, but he hasn't exactly done wonders with the team in Hamilton.

IMO, as long as there's a requirement for a French speaking coach the chances of truly getting the best coach available will be undermined and we the fans will always be left wanting.

BLNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2014, 01:30 PM
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon

vCash: 250
Should they? Yes. Will they? No

PricerStopDaPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2014, 01:31 PM
donghabs98
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLNY View Post
I'm looking to the future too. I'm not convinced Boucher is the answer. He fell into the 'trap' of using the trap during his time in Tampa.

I mention Larry Robinson because he went to Bergevin and asked to be part of things . He genuinely wanted to work with our young players. Bergevin declined, opting for Daigneault instead. All respect to JJ, but he's no Robinson.

I never liked the Therrien signing. I'm just non-committal about who should be the replacement. I like Dom Ducharme in Halifax a lot, but I don't think he's ready for the NHL. Sylvain Lefebvre would be an obvious choice if they chose to promote from within, but he hasn't exactly done wonders with the team in Hamilton.

IMO, as long as there's a requirement for a French speaking coach the chances of truly getting the best coach available will be undermined and we the fans will always be left wanting.
I thought it was Therrien who opted to go with JJ instead of Robinson.

donghabs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2014, 01:31 PM
BobBobrovsky*

Quote:
Lou Lamoriello fired Claude Julien 3 games before the playoffs back in 2007.

I think Marc Bergevin should do the same thing.

Michel Therrien has clearly lost the room and he is ruining subban.

JJ Daigneault should get the boot too.

What do you think?
To ask the question is to answer it. Of course he should but I doubt that MB has the stones to do it.

BobBobrovsky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2014, 01:32 PM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

Considering I was pretty pissed off at the time of the hiring, I'd be ecstatic to see him go.

Won't happen though.

03-13-2014, 01:33 PM
Beige Van

If I was MB, I would be on the phone negotiating a contract with Boucher as we speak. Press conference for tomorrow at 2pm

Beige Van is offline   Reply With Quote