HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Which of the 3 was the best/worst signing?

Closed Thread

Old
08-15-2005, 05:26 PM
boredmale

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by skolgoar
Bure was $1.1M or $1M, depending on the report.
In that Case Lindros is a better pick up at 1.5 million(plus bonsues that could potentially be $500,000 more) then Bure at 1 or 1.1 million. The jury is still out on leclair(i would rate it the best signing if he signs for 1 million, and the worst if he signs for over 2.25 million, anywhere between i rate it #2)

Old
08-15-2005, 05:27 PM
hfgreg
Obviously...

leclair. put him back on a line with recchi and watch him get 55-60 points this year. pitts shaping up well.

Old
08-15-2005, 05:34 PM
skolgoar

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale
In that Case Lindros is a better pick up at 1.5 million(plus bonsues that could potentially be $500,000 more) then Bure at 1 or 1.1 million. The jury is still out on leclair(i would rate it the best signing if he signs for 1 million, and the worst if he signs for over 2.25 million, anywhere between i rate it #2)
This is only true if both Llindros and Leclair play a full season, but the fact that both play a physical game and in physical divisions, so the likelihood of them doing so is pretty low. Complain about Bure's lack of interest in contact, but in doing so, he is less likely to get seriously injured.

It is also interesting to note that while Leclair played a full season in 03-04 and Lindros played a full season in 02-03, their stats are similar to Bure's.

Old
08-15-2005, 05:42 PM
Gags1288

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilo
I'd say the worst signings of the summer were all made by Pittsburgh.
You overreact to everything. People criticize/disagree with you and all of sudden you think people are saying the Pens suck and they haven't done anything right. They made some great signings (Palffy,Gonchar), they made some puzzling signings (Leclair, Gonchar). They have some incredible prospects(Crosby, Malkin and to a lesser extent Whitney/Welch) and some overrated ones (Fleury). People can disagree with you, get over it.

Old
08-15-2005, 05:45 PM
damoose212001

Send a message via AIM to damoose212001
The only bad signing by Pittsburgh so far is Andre Roy for 1 million a year...lol. LeClair still has in him what many do not, just because he's not his old self, doesn't mean he's terrible. And did I hear Steve Mckenna signed in Austraila, that'd be the worst signing.....by far. hehe

Old
08-15-2005, 05:47 PM
Dr Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
I think Leclair will get 60 - 70 points for Pitt.
Want to bet? It's been 5 years and at least 3 surgeries since LeClair put up 60+ points. And at that time he was a 1st liner, which he won't be in Pitt.

Old
08-15-2005, 05:49 PM
DJ Spinoza

Depending on if Leclair got a reasonable salary around 1.5 million, none of them are bad contracts. I know that on HFboards we would like every team to sign the 2010 entry draft prospects in advance and play them since they aren't old, but these Lindros, Bure, and Leclair are all servicable players. They all have their question marks, but that is why they aren't going to get a huge salary.

To comment on my own team's signing, as long as it's a fair salary I think it is a good signing. He's not the force he once was, but he brings a physical element to our offense that we lack. It looks like we will roll 3 scoring lines more or less, which could mean Leclair will play about 15/16 minutes a game like he has played in Philly the past few years.

Leclair is a good locker room guy and a good leader. We now have a good mix of experienced veterans and talented youth. We're definitely not a Cup favorite or anything, but I think this is a playoff team almost for sure now.

Old
08-15-2005, 06:09 PM
boredmale

Quote:
This is only true if both Llindros and Leclair play a full season, but the fact that both play a physical game and in physical divisions, so the likelihood of them doing so is pretty low. Complain about Bure's lack of interest in contact, but in doing so, he is less likely to get seriously injured.
I factor injury into the equation, sure you are taking biggger risks with Lindros and to a lesser extent Leclair injury wise, the the outcome from these 2 guys is much greater then Bure.

Old
08-15-2005, 06:13 PM
Johnny Utah

Any one year signing at a reasonable price cannot be considered bad in my opinion so that excuses Lindros and Bure.

I would agree with an earlier poster, paying Lapointe and Hatcher that kind of money for long term is tough.

I consider any long term deal for a guy over 32-33 a bad deal no matter who he is in this new CBA.

Old
08-15-2005, 11:05 PM
skolgoar

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale
I factor injury into the equation, sure you are taking biggger risks with Lindros and to a lesser extent Leclair injury wise, the the outcome from these 2 guys is much greater then Bure.
The stats don't back you up. Bure played fewer games than LeClair in 03-04 but was right behind him in point totals.(22G, 52 pts. vs 23G and 55 pts.) Although Lindros only played half a season last year, the year before he played a full season and only had 19G, 53 pts.).

You are basing your opinion more on your dislike of the style of game that Val Bure plays and the reputations of Lindros and Leclair than in the real abilities of all the players at this point in their careers.

Old
08-15-2005, 11:24 PM
boredmale

Quote:
You are basing your opinion more on your dislike of the style of game that Val Bure plays and the reputations of Lindros and Leclair than in the real abilities of all the players at this point in their careers.
Personally i hate Lindros, but Toronto got a sweet deal for him, no doubt about it he is the best signing of the 3. As for Bure i really am not a fan of his, you are correct. I do think, even at this stage of his career, Leclair offers more on the table the Bure.

Closed Thread