HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs beat Laughs 4-3

Old
03-23-2014, 02:52 PM
ThaDevilGirl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinetyThree24 View Post
I think it was actually "How do you let Rene Bourque get a breakaway!?" which is even more insulting. Can Bourque skate and receive a pass? Then he's capable of getting a breakaway.
Reminds me of Healy taking dumps on 4th liners who are fighting just to be in the NHL. Totally unprofessional and uncalled for.
It might have been this, can't remember. But the way he said he you'd think Bourque was the worst player in the NHL.

ThaDevilGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 02:53 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
It might have been this, can't remember. But the way he said he you'd think Bourque was the worst player in the NHL.
He really does have trouble accepting a pass, though. He needs to re-watch the egg scene from Mighty Ducks a few times.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 03:09 PM
sventington

Is Emilio Estevez even active any longer? Mighty Ducks is literally the last thing I can remember him being in.

sventington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 03:14 PM
BigDaddyLurch
Deleted Posts Leader

...anyone tooling on Murray for last night is just looking for a reason to bash him; he did his job last night and did it well...Weaver was meh, but wasn't terrible; he shouldn't be paired with Murray, though, that's just a terrible pairing and moronic decision by the coaching staff...Bouillon was absolutely ****ing terrible and got more ES icetime than anyone in the game on either team...and Tinodi sat...and Beaulieu stayed in Hamilton...WTF is wrong with our coaching staff??...

BigDaddyLurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 03:15 PM
dutchy29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Joker View Post
How is Tinordi significantly better at this point in his career? With Gorges out, we're forced to dress 3 bottom pairing/7th D. It's unfortunate, yes, but I don't see the point in blaming the coach.
dinosaur

dutchy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 03:17 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by sventington View Post
Is Emilio Estevez even active any longer? Mighty Ducks is literally the last thing I can remember him being in.
He directed and briefly appeared in his movie "The Way" in 2010. Decent movie I enjoyed it. His body of work is not large that's for sure.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 03:17 PM
dutchy29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
CBC needs to get rid of Stock and Healy if they want any cred. but they won't so Rogers will it do it for them. another reason the take over is a +

dutchy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 03:25 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVO16 View Post
Yeah, even as a Bourque detractor, I find that this was a bit insulting. Bourque did score 141 goals in the NHL before that. It's not like they let John Scott score or something.
Quote:
I think it was actually "How do you let Rene Bourque get a breakaway!?" which is even more insulting. Can Bourque skate and receive a pass? Then he's capable of getting a breakaway.
Reminds me of Healy taking dumps on 4th liners who are fighting just to be in the NHL. Totally unprofessional and uncalled for.
This is exactly what Stock said, which is an odd choice of words. I can see him saying "How do you let Steven Stamkos get a breakaway" when you're talking about defensive coverage. Stocks words just seemed to muddle an idea in which he was just throwing words out there to insult both the Leafs and Bourque.

Let's face it the guy was dropped on his head as a child.

Old
03-23-2014, 03:32 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
It wasn't backhanded at all. It was very straightforward. It's pretty much a fact that if you equate point totals with quality of play, then you're not evaluating what's going on on the ice in real time. Your post came across that way, but I probably misunderstood.

Of course it would be nice if pleks could get crazy offensive numbers in the role he plays, but he's not crosby and he pretty much would have to be with the role he's given. Given he's had a stretch of low offensive numbers despite still having impressive season-to-date totals, I think it's pretty obvious that we're just seeing everything balance out. Expecting him to produce as much the entire year would be ignorant of the reality of the position he plays on the squad. Not saying you are, but people pointing at his recent stats without noting that his stats from before the current stretch were unrealistic to begin with aren't being intellectually honest.
I never once said Plekanec is a bad offensive player. I think Desharnais is a better play maker (ie: better hockey sense in the offensive zone), but I think Plekanec has more offensive skills overall. Pleks can do it all, where-as Desharnais is more of a one-dimensional offensive player (although when I saw him rush and shoot yesterday, I got mad because if he did that most often, he'd open up Patch and Vanek even more).

If Pleks was in Desharnais position, he'd succeed (maybe not at the same pace, maybe at a better pace - who knows) - although I think it'd be dumb because he's a premier shutdown center and he shoots too much to place with Max and Vanek (play with one of them is alright though).

However, if Plekanec could start posting points in THIS ROLE that would be beneficial to the team, right?

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 03:36 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 670
Imagine being a Leafs fan. You would literally need to change your under garments multiple times a day from the nervous sweats you'd be going through.

Keep it up Leafies, keep driving that 18 wheeler that sharp turn at the edge of the cliff is just ahead.

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 03:38 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Imagine being a Leafs fan. You would literally need to change your under garments multiple times a day from the nervous sweats you'd be going through.

Keep it up Leafies, keep driving that 18 wheeler that sharp turn at the edge of the cliff is just ahead.
Honestly I'd like to see a Boston/Leafs rematch.

Old
03-23-2014, 03:40 PM
habfaninvictoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Tinordi can actually skate.

My problem is not playing Beaulieu. The team needs to be able to move the puck out of the zone quicker. It's pathetic to see Murray and Weaver handle the puck like me.
This!

Beaulieu was playing great before the olympics and developing. I don't mind Weaver or Murray. I mind seeing Boullion play 24 minutes a game.

There has been some speculation about Beaulieu's attitude since being sent down. Why is hockey so much a popularity contest. If we want him and Tinordi to develop, they need ice time and to be allowed to learn from mistakes. Tinordi being punished for his turnover doesn't accomplish much. Does anyone here actually believe he doesn't feel like an idiot and will likely not make that mistake again. Benching him only creates fear and takes away instinct.

Moving forward our d is going to rely on these 2 guys and between them and Subban will really be a force.... I'd like them to get the experience now, not later. Boullion is a depth d. Beaulieu and Tinordi are not.

habfaninvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 03:47 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfaninvictoria View Post
This!

Beaulieu was playing great before the olympics and developing. I don't mind Weaver or Murray. I mind seeing Boullion play 24 minutes a game.

There has been some speculation about Beaulieu's attitude since being sent down. Why is hockey so much a popularity contest. If we want him and Tinordi to develop, they need ice time and to be allowed to learn from mistakes. Tinordi being punished for his turnover doesn't accomplish much. Does anyone here actually believe he doesn't feel like an idiot and will likely not make that mistake again. Benching him only creates fear and takes away instinct.

Moving forward our d is going to rely on these 2 guys and between them and Subban will really be a force.... I'd like them to get the experience now, not later. Boullion is a depth d. Beaulieu and Tinordi are not.
Sorry, but now is not the time of the season to make experiments, and certainly not the time to have two rookie d-men in the line up.

Habs want to make the Playoffs and Therrien wants to keep his job.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 03:49 PM
NinetyThree24

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchy29 View Post
CBC needs to get rid of Stock and Healy if they want any cred. but they won't so Rogers will it do it for them. another reason the take over is a +
I'm hopeful that Rogers is actually a professional organization that performs focus groups and market research, because I can't see anyone giving Stock or Healy positive feedback.

NinetyThree24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 03:55 PM
BigDaddyLurch
Deleted Posts Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habstraction View Post
Sorry, but now is not the time of the season to make experiments, and certainly not the time to have two rookie d-men in the line up.

...playing Frankie Boo Boo 25 minutes a night isn't a good way to do either...

Old
03-23-2014, 03:57 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyLurch View Post
How many games have they lost since he's back in the line up ?

No, Bouillon should not play 25 minutes, nor 20 minutes, possibly 15 minutes at best, but, right now, I would not give much more minutes to Murray or Weaver, and Gorges will be back for the Playoffs. Tinordi can certainly play, but no more than 15-18 minutes too.

If you notice, Bouillon is paired with Subban. At some point, some other players have to take some minutes because Subban, Markov or Emelin cannot play 30-40 minutes each. We are not in the 70's anymore whre Robinson, Savard and Lapointe could play big, big minutes.

Last edited by habitue*: 03-23-2014 at 04:07 PM.
Old
03-23-2014, 04:00 PM
Koivu777

Amazing win! Hope the Leafs keep up the slump and miss the playoffs!

Koivu777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 04:05 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
2 goals in 15 games doesn't scream "fine"
But I'm sure 2 in the last 13 does, right?

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 04:07 PM
BigDaddyLurch
Deleted Posts Leader

Quote:
How many games have they lost since he's back in the line up ?

No, Bouillon should not play 25 minutes, nor 20 minutes, possibly 15 minutes at best, but, right now, I would not give much more minutes to Murray or Weaver, and Gorges will be back for the Playoffs. Tinordi can certainly play, but no more than 15-18 minutes too.

If you notice, Bouillon is pairing with Subban.
...everyone notices, and it's idiotic to hamstring our best Dman with our worst 20+ minutes a night...Murray is a better option than Boo Boo and yet shouldn't play close to 20 minutes a night...same with Weaver...Tinordi could handle most of the ES minutes with Subban and is a better option...plus Beaulieu & Drewiske in Hamilton...no reason Therrien does this when we have better options...

Old
03-23-2014, 04:08 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Every single NHL coach is thinking that way. They gonna put a guy with experience on ice before a raw rookie.

Old
03-23-2014, 04:09 PM
habfaninvictoria

Quote:

Sorry but I don't agree. This is not experimentation. This is player development. I don't think we're going on a cup run this year anyway, but if we do it will be because we play to win games, not play not to lose. Look at what happened the year PK joined us for the playoffs. He was given a real role and exceeded anyone's reasonable expectations.

In general, in life, people are typically only as good as they are allowed to be. By showing confidence in them, they will likely rise to the occasion. Both have shown they are far more capable than Boullion at playing in a top 4 situation. Beaulieu is certainly a major upgrade on the PP. Tinordi is faster, bigger and more skilled offensively than Boullion. Tinordi is argualbly an upgrade on the PK. Playing Cube for 24 minutes is a bad idea, he's going to make mistakes. He gave the puck away on the leafs 2nd goal ... does he get benched tomorrow for that. I'm not saying play both of them, but they could be platooned.

Which looks better

Markov-Emelin
Tinordi/Weaver-Subban
Weaver/Beaulieu-Cube/Murray

or

Markov-Emelin
Cube-PK
Weaver-Murray

Sorry, but the D we used last game just doesn't cut it over 7 games. We'll get worn down and exposed speed wise.

habfaninvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 04:10 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
I'm surprised that you're surprised about how infrequently he puts both elements together at the same time.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 04:15 PM
habitue*

Quote:
...everyone notices, and it's idiotic to hamstring our best Dman with our worst 20+ minutes a night...Murray is a better option than Boo Boo and yet shouldn't play close to 20 minutes a night...same with Weaver...Tinordi could handle most of the ES minutes with Subban and is a better option...plus Beaulieu & Drewiske in Hamilton...no reason Therrien does this when we have better options...
You cannot prove any of that.

Murray is a #6 d-men who is good at what he can do, and that's it. He cannot play 20-25 minutes on any nights.

Weaver is a RH d-man, can't play with Subban.

Tinordi is not experienced enough to be a #4 d-man, right now.

Old
03-23-2014, 04:20 PM
Habnot

Quote:
Every single NHL coach is thinking that way. They gonna put a guy with experience on ice before a raw rookie.
I've said this before but it's worth repeating. The NHL is not a development league. If Bergevin and Therrien thought that Tinordi or Beaulieu gives them a better chance to win, they would be in the lineup.

Standings are really close, every game is a game 7 at this time of the year. You can lose with your vets, but you cannot lose by putting inexperienced players at this time of the year. Tinordi cost them the game on Thursday and he was also responsible for a bad play against Ottawa.

I know there some posters that will use the straw man argument that what's the difference - we are not winning the SC. But you can rest assured, making the playoffs are of capital importance to the management and coaching group. Once you get in - anything can happen.

Habnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 04:24 PM
BigDaddyLurch
Deleted Posts Leader

Quote:
You cannot prove any of that.

Murray is a #6 d-men who is good at what he can do, and that's it. He cannot play 20-25 minutes on any nights.

Weaver is a RH d-man, can't play with Subban.

Tinordi is not experienced enough to be a #4 d-man, right now.
...did you read what I posted or just see a few words and ran with it??...I stated Murray shouldn't be anywhere near 20 minutes a game...and yet he's better at the job than Boo Boo...what does that tell you??...Tinordi has already played with Subban a few games this year and was perfectly fine, better than Boo Boo has been with Subban, actually...and Drewiske & Beaulieu in Hamilton are better Dmen as well at this stage in their careers...there is no rational reason for Therrien to play Boo Boo 20+ minutes a game and with our best Dman...none...