HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Flames sign 5 - Nystrom, Kobasew..

Closed Thread

Old
08-15-2005, 03:46 PM
MrMastodonFarm*

vCash: 500
Flames sign 5 - Nystrom, Kobasew..

Prospects Eric Nystrom, Curtis McEllinney, and Brandon Prust have all signed, while Chuck Kobasew and Matthew Lombardi have accepted their qualifying offers.

Not major news, but people were a little worried about Nystrom for a day or two there.

Old
08-15-2005, 03:55 PM
Phanuthier*

All Flames are signed

I can't get on CP Adam, what's the Flames budget sitting at? $35 mill? If so, no way do I deal Lydman. For the extra $900k, I'd rather play Lydman then Phaneuf, and let Phaneuf develop in Omaha. Unless Selanne is still interested in coming here.

Old
08-15-2005, 03:56 PM
Hockeycanada*

I'm not very high on Nystrom after seeing him play a couple of times but the rest are good prospects.

Old
08-15-2005, 03:58 PM
MrMastodonFarm*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanuthier

I can't get on CP Adam, what's the Flames budget sitting at? $35 mill? .
I'm not too sure man, Sutter is on the Fan960 right now and has just commented on it. I'm actually ignoreing some work to type it up.. he has commented on it and said he isn't forced to move anyone with this bduget and all the current players signed.

Old
08-15-2005, 04:08 PM
Badger Bob

Quote:
I'd rather play Lydman then Phaneuf
Same here. As much of a star as Phaneuf is going to become, he'll be able to get a lot more minutes, in all game situations, than he ever would in Calgary. With Lydman, that's entirely a veteran corps, with Montador the #7, and Phaneuf would be available for call-up for of the top-6.

If it's like what Randy Spartak said, that only prospects or picks came in return, it might be wiser to just hold onto Lydman, for at least another season. Unless, of course, an offer comes in that bowls Sutter over. With the amount of player movement, rosters are starting to stablize more, so there might not be the right trading partner a this juncture.

Quote:
Unless Selanne is still interested in coming here.
Selanne's a great sniper, but Damphousse might be more useful (not to mention a little more affordable).

Old
08-15-2005, 05:15 PM
looooob

Quote:
All Flames are signed

I can't get on CP Adam, what's the Flames budget sitting at? $35 mill? If so, no way do I deal Lydman. For the extra $900k, I'd rather play Lydman then Phaneuf, and let Phaneuf develop in Omaha. Unless Selanne is still interested in coming here.
sutter on 960 radio about an hour ago stopped just short of saying that Phaneuf and Nystrom are essentially both ticketed for Omaha now

basically sure if they force their way on to the team, then someone will have to be traded to make room . otherwise he commented that the team has 23 NHL players now (I'm assuming on one way deals) and that they are under cap/budget...so no desperation deals pending

Old
08-15-2005, 06:07 PM
Habs33

what's lambardi gonna do this year?

Old
08-15-2005, 06:17 PM
MrMastodonFarm*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs33
To quote my buddy Slim Pickins.. What in the wide wide world of sports????

Old
08-15-2005, 06:30 PM
kolanos

Quote:
Lombardi is still a question mark. He missed most of the season last year in the AHL, played the last few weeks and in the playoffs and had a few good games but generally seemed to still be adjusting from all the off-time.

Flames fans have been pushing to grab another center because nobody knows for sure that kind of condition Lombardi is in -- hopefully he'll be back to form and ready to go. But I expect it will be a slow start for him next season, many are expecting Kobasew to breakout after a great campaign in Lowell (Kobasew and Staal together were a combined +70).

Old
08-15-2005, 06:35 PM
Habs33

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolanos
Lombardi is still a question mark. He missed most of the season last year in the AHL, played the last few weeks and in the playoffs and had a few good games but generally seemed to still be adjusting from all the off-time.

Flames fans have been pushing to grab another center because nobody knows for sure that kind of condition Lombardi is in -- hopefully he'll be back to form and ready to go. But I expect it will be a slow start for him next season, many are expecting Kobasew to breakout after a great campaign in Lowell (Kobasew and Staal together were a combined +70).
thx so who is their #1 center? Kobasew?

Old
08-15-2005, 06:41 PM
kolanos

Quote:
The Flames?

Langkow
Reinprecht
Yelle
Wiemer

Something along those lines. Kobasew has shown he can play center in Lowell, but I doubt he'll see many faceoffs as a Flame next season.

Old
08-15-2005, 06:41 PM
HuskyFlames

Quote:
NO, Langkow is the #1 center and possibly Rhino..if he plays center instead of LW.

Old
08-15-2005, 06:42 PM
HuskyFlames

Quote:
The Flames?

Langkow
Reinprecht
Yelle
Wiemer

Something along those lines. Kobasew has shown he can play center in Lowell, but I doubt he'll see many faceoffs as a Flame next season.
You forgot Lombardi.

Old
08-15-2005, 06:46 PM
kolanos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick - Flames Fan
You forgot Lombardi.
Yeah, we're talking about Lombardi. I am suggesting he will start out slowly next season, if his game is up to snuff I can see him moving Reinprecht to LW on the second-line. But who knows, hopefully he'll build on an impressive rookie season.

Old
08-15-2005, 07:04 PM
flambers

Quote:
The Flames?

Langkow
Reinprecht
Yelle
Wiemer

Langkow
Yelle
Nilson
Wiemer
Lombardi fits in there somewhere

Rhino is now a LWer

Old
08-15-2005, 07:42 PM
kolanos

Quote:
Originally Posted by flambers
Langkow
Yelle
Nilson
Wiemer
Lombardi fits in there somewhere

Rhino is now a LWer
Nilson isn't a very good faceoff man. He only played center for the Flames in the playoffs because they were dangerously low on centers.

Old
08-15-2005, 08:05 PM
PeachBellini

Great to see all of the Flames signed. Sutter has done a great job.

Old
08-15-2005, 09:27 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachBellini
Great to see all of the Flames signed. Sutter has done a great job.
Thank god Button was fired!!! Sutter has done a great job here, coaches like Sutter truly should be GM's of their teams...its the only way it works.

Closed Thread