HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Eric Boulton Signs Extension

Old
03-23-2014, 06:32 PM
JTforPres2012

vCash: 500
I have a program from a Stars/ Thrashers game I went to, while on vacation in Dallas.

The small print is highlighting Bolton's hat-trick the game before. It is a prized possession of mine.

JTforPres2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 06:37 PM
iLandHer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceAgain View Post
Oh god, you're using a clip from ESPN...that's enough right there, it's from 9 (NINE) years ago. Then you quote Torts, who is known for his complaining and whining about everything in the media.

iLandHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 07:05 PM
Nova Scotia Islander

Quote:
he has a reputation of being a dirty player
how does he have a rep of being dirty please prove your points

Nova Scotia Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 07:10 PM
Nova Scotia Islander

Quote:
Yes this did happen but did you read the entire story. Ranger came out and said that Boulton called him and said sorry. Torts came out and retracted his comments which he said were in the heat of the moment. Anderchuck played with Boulton and Torts quote was he talked to guys that knew Boulton and he admitted that he wasnt a dirty player. Ranger also admitted that he tried to duck the hit and was partly to blame. Also didnt Ranger just get hammered from behind for turning his back to a hit the other night. Before you just post things do your research and dont just post videos you find on you tube with out reporting the enitire story. Dam just like CNN report on stuff just to stir things up get everyone talking.

Old
03-23-2014, 07:31 PM
bigd

I have no problem with this signing. He's a tough guy that at least has some skill and can play. So why do we need Carkner?

bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 07:35 PM
BTrotts19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd View Post
I have no problem with this signing. He's a tough guy that at least has some skill and can play. So why do we need Carkner?
he's on the undercard against teams like Flyers and Leafs that have multi-goons?

BTrotts19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 07:37 PM
OnceAgain*

Regardless if he is a dirty player or not, what is the point in signing a 38 year old "Goon" when the Islanders have younger players who have more skill and can drop the gloves if needed

I would be willing to bet Boulton has a little friendship with Snow and this is more of Snow looking out for his friends

OnceAgain* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 07:47 PM
Nova Scotia Islander

Quote:
Regardless if he is a dirty player or not, what is the point in signing a 38 year old "Goon" when the Islanders have younger players who have more skill and can drop the gloves if needed

I would be willing to bet Boulton has a little friendship with Snow and this is more of Snow looking out for his friends
The reason they signed him is that a young guy that fights is not the same as a vet that fights and looks after his team. A young up and coming player is going out trying to prove himself and stay on the team. Boulton has proved himself and he gets respect in the league. Knows when to fight and when not to. A 38 year old good that had a plus rating for most of the year and chipped in a few points not bad for playing 20 some games. So you are the only one here that is trolling or not happy with this. Also a one year deal is great for what he brings to the team.

Old
03-23-2014, 08:11 PM
islesfan186
YES! YES! YES!

Quote:
I take what Quinn says with a grain of salt. I mean he did have Darcy Tucker in his roster for years, and he was a ginormous ******* even if he did have some offensive skill

islesfan186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 08:59 PM
stranger34

good signing. He's a respected top 10 fighter in the league and can play 4th line minutes without hurting the team. He's also very comfortable with his role.

stranger34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 09:01 PM
macleod50

I'm glad they signed him for another season. Nothing wrong with keeping him as the 13 forward.

macleod50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 09:32 PM
crashthenet

Quote:

This isn't the case. Marches to his own beat.

crashthenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2014, 01:56 AM
MattMartin
KillerInstinct™

Send a message via MSN to MattMartin
Quote:

Are you really a Ranger fan in disguise or something? Your posts are... combined into one.

03-24-2014, 02:57 AM
iLandHer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMartin View Post
Are you really a Ranger fan in disguise or something? Your posts are... combined into one.
He's either the ultimate troll or

iLandHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2014, 06:37 AM
steveat

Who cares? Gordie Howe was a dirty player too. Signing Boulton is the least of my worries. Lets move on.

steveat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2014, 07:14 AM
Hip Of Rick

Boulton is an ideal 13th forward. No problem at all with Boulton coming back.

Hip Of Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2014, 03:16 PM
redbull
game on

I like the Boulton signing. I'm not a big believer in one-dimensional limited "goons" in today's game and most of these guys should be out of the game - but Boulton's played pretty well this year, given the expectations.

If he plays a simple, hard hitting, consistent game and drives the net, he can be a useful player on the 4th line, in a limited role.

It's the top nine forwards that need help, need to be better.

There's room for Boulton on this Isles team.

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2014, 03:28 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
I like the Boulton signing. I'm not a big believer in one-dimensional limited "goons" in today's game and most of these guys should be out of the game - but Boulton's played pretty well this year, given the expectations.

If he plays a simple, hard hitting, consistent game and drives the net, he can be a useful player on the 4th line, in a limited role.

It's the top nine forwards that need help, need to be better.

There's room for Boulton on this Isles team.
I'm not saying Boulton should get a lot more ice time or anything, but he's been underrated when he does get to play. He's been consistently good all season for what he's expected to do. It's actually surprising how much offense he has helped to generate for the 4th line, he'd have better stats if he could finish because the opportunities have been there. We can probably count on him for 20-25 games next season and I'm sure he'll show up for all of them.

We're a very young team that is going to get even younger. His big brother routine will be needed on and mostly off the ice. I think he's very popular and considered one of the funniest guys on the team (from NHL Revealed scenes). If he can keep doing what he's doing, I still think we'll need him as the 13th guy when we're in Brooklyn too for last one hurrah. Would be a nice reward for him to get another season and the 1st in Brooklyn. Considering the organization was so quick to re-sign him right now shows how much they appreciate what he brings.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2014, 03:54 PM
edmontonislesfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillD View Post
I'm good with this. He was always a favorite for what he does since his Thrasher days.
I've liked him too since the Thrasher days, especially during the John Anderson era.

edmontonislesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2014, 03:58 PM
Tpkc2

Great signing! He's a solid 4th liner and has always played well for the Isles! Play him 70 games and dump Clutterbuck or Martin!

Tpkc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2014, 04:14 PM
islandermaniac

Quote:
You are quoting john ****ing tortorella? Come on, man...

islandermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2014, 02:26 AM
OnceAgain*

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveat View Post
Who cares? Gordie Howe was a dirty player too. Signing Boulton is the least of my worries. Lets move on.
did you compare Gordie Howe to Eric Boulton?

OnceAgain* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2014, 05:26 AM
steveat

Quote:
did you compare Gordie Howe to Eric Boulton?

Well, yeah, but I think Boulton has better hands. Not sure about who would win in a fight if both were in their prime. 8-)

steveat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2014, 10:33 AM
mygameworn

Send a message via AIM to mygameworn
I can't wait to see how Snow pulls off getting to the cap floor.

mygameworn is offline   Reply With Quote