HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rumor has it Messier might go to Edmonton

Closed Thread

Old
08-15-2005, 09:42 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Rumor has it Messier might go to Edmonton

Don't know if anyone else has heard about this, i did a little detective work it might be a bit sketchy so don't rely on it, but "Messier's career may go full circle" seems to me that he might try for a season in Edmonton before retiring, if that is the case, i thought he was more dedicated to the blue shirts... just throwin this out for conversation

Old
08-15-2005, 09:48 PM
Sicilian

vCash: 500
i'd love to see that. i honestly don't care if messier wants to play more, and in a different situation i think he would actually help us and would love him on the rangers, but for what we're doing right now i definitely don't think he fits. playing in the west would make me happy, i could root for him a lot easier that way

Old
08-15-2005, 09:53 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
It's like last year when Leetch went to the Leafs, my hope was that he would have the chance to get a cup. My favorite Ranger of all time is now wearing a Bruins jersey and it makes me sick, but Messier having the chance to finish his career where it started wouldn't be so horrible, and true he wont do much in NY but his leadership is needed, without him the Rangers dont have a great leader and Jagr is too busy counting his stacks of money to lead a team of young guys. Maybe Straka will step up, I liked Holik for his telling it as it is mentality. Oh well we all know this season is gonna be rough to get through but we're looking for a future, not instant gratification, NY tried that for 7 Years and with a new superstar every season and never made the playoffs.

Old
08-15-2005, 10:00 PM
in the hall

i hope he retires as a ranger.. really don't see how he hurts us now that we're rebuilding

i dont consider taking minutes away from betts hurting either

Old
08-15-2005, 10:30 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
rebuild rebuild i want to see kids then you post crap like i want him as a ranger to retire don't hurt anyone??????????? God this board jumps all over the place

Old
08-15-2005, 10:46 PM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44
rebuild rebuild i want to see kids then you post crap like i want him as a ranger to retire don't hurt anyone??????????? God this board jumps all over the place
There is rarely unanimity of opinion on this board (maybe that Ron Low was a god-awful coach).

That's what makes it so interesting.

I don't want Messer back, but respect the opinion of those posters who do.

Old
08-15-2005, 11:30 PM
NYR fan 2

Send a message via AIM to NYR fan 2
i think Messier should retire

I was lucky enough to be able to go to his last game and the way he went out was the best, with a goal and then saluting the fans as it was his last. The feeling in the Garden was amazing, very close to the feeling i got on Mike Richter night.

Old
08-16-2005, 06:40 AM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44
There are plenty of boards in cyberspace with a more united, stable opinion. I mean, you would be missed...but you have to do what you have to do.

Old
08-16-2005, 07:54 AM
shoothepuck

Messier should retire.

Closed Thread