HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Would you make this trade?

Closed Thread

Old
08-16-2005, 12:48 AM
Heimy

vCash: 500
Would you make this trade?

It seems Ottawa is (rightly) concerned they're a bit small up the middle. I'm pretty sure they're also close to the cap and with Hossa in line for some very serious flow, hows about a swap of Olli for that pricey scoring machine?

You've gotta give to get right?

Old
08-16-2005, 02:04 AM
Jakethesnake

Yea ill do that any day of the week. Only issue is the crazy scratch Hossa is in line for - we couldnt make a run at UFAs next year and Luongo one day will make the max. But I would do this trade in a second.

Old
08-16-2005, 03:09 AM
mikefavata
A.I.M.

Yes.

Old
08-16-2005, 03:34 AM
Release The Lehner

LOL ... of course you'd all do that trade! Hossa is BETTER than Jokinen.

If Ottawa and Florida were gonna trade marquee names I'd like to see Chara for Bouwmeester.

Old
08-16-2005, 05:53 AM
Remax

I would wait to see what Hossa gets and Luongo gets before doing the trade, aslo I'm pretty sure it would cost more than just Olli for Hossa, probably have to throw in a 2nd round pick or some prospect. However if you did a package deal like Hossa and Chara for Jokinen and Bouwmeester then I think the the Sens might be more interested because of the possability of loosing Chara next season.

Old
08-16-2005, 06:18 AM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Senator

If Ottawa and Florida were gonna trade marquee names I'd like to see Chara for Bouwmeester.
Of course that's why we'd do that trade...but that's also why we wouldn't do Chara for Bouwmeester...Chara's better right now, but considerably older

Old
08-16-2005, 08:33 AM
mikefavata
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus
Of course that's why we'd do that trade...but that's also why we wouldn't do Chara for Bouwmeester...Chara's better right now, but considerably older
I would!

Old
08-16-2005, 08:46 AM
brucegarrioch

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Senator

I'd be more inclined to trade Wade Redden. I'd love to somehow land a package of Nathan Horton and Jay Bouwmeester.

Old
08-16-2005, 08:52 AM
Mogo
#CatsAreComing

vCash: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by BG
I'd be more inclined to trade Wade Redden. I'd love to somehow land a package of Nathan Horton and Jay Bouwmeester.
Aint gonna happen..

Old
08-16-2005, 09:08 AM
Dropkick Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG
I'm pretty sure Keenan loves Horton, to get both you would have to overpay greatly.

Old
08-16-2005, 09:36 AM
ratmanfu

Send a message via MSN to ratmanfu
Jokinen for Hossa?

I'd do it.

Question is, can we get Muckler drunk enough to okay that deal?

Old
08-16-2005, 09:59 AM
NYC Aim 4588

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heimy
It seems Ottawa is (rightly) concerned they're a bit small up the middle. I'm pretty sure they're also close to the cap and with Hossa in line for some very serious flow, hows about a swap of Olli for that pricey scoring machine?

You've gotta give to get right?
So I am guessing you are saying Jokinen is worth the same or as equal as Hossa.

Hossa is one of the top 5 or 6 offensive players in the game, even the world, and Jokinen is just a good center.

Ottawa would do this if you included maybe Horton and Jokinen and a 1st for M.Hossa and a 3rd. Im not great at these proposals but that seems like what would have to go down, and stil dont know if either side would do it.

Old
08-16-2005, 10:17 AM
Heimy

My rationale for a straight up trade is that yes, of course Hossa is the superior player, but a big gritty centerman like Jokinen fills a tremendous hole for the Sens AND they save a few million dollars.

In days gone by this would be too lopsided, but in today's salary capped NHL it's not that far from possible.

Old
08-16-2005, 11:41 AM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heimy
My rationale for a straight up trade is that yes, of course Hossa is the superior player, but a big gritty centerman like Jokinen fills a tremendous hole for the Sens AND they save a few million dollars.

In days gone by this would be too lopsided, but in today's salary capped NHL it's not that far from possible.
Heimy, you forgot to tell him there's no way Hossa's worth Jokinen, Horton, AND a first with only a 3rd tossed in from OTT. In terms of point production, Ottawa would certainly win that deal hands down, not to mention the fact Olli's our team captain and Horton's team spirit is incomparable.

Frankly, I think Nathan Horton's name will be synonymous with Florida Panthers someday. He shouldn't be traded. I'm very high on this kid just for his GO TEAM! Attitude It's like having eticket as a hockey player

Closed Thread