HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia Flyers vs New York Rangers

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-25-2014, 07:45 PM
  #51
Thirty One
portnor, pls
 
Thirty One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,121
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLNYR View Post
What's with you and all this cutting stuff lately kinda scary lol.

Thirty One is offline  
Old
03-25-2014, 07:50 PM
  #52
Fire Sather
4 MORE YEARS!
 
Fire Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 22,184
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTheSide View Post
I clearly said he's PHYSICALLY useless and then literally the next words are "but will be kept for Faceoffs/PK etc"

The power of reading....
Hes one of the best 4th liners in the league, I don't know what else you want.

Fire Sather is online now  
Old
03-25-2014, 08:29 PM
  #53
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bialystok, Poland
Country: Iceland
Posts: 6,045
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Its Miller time?
Would callup Big Mac to make some noise too

Nash - Stepan - MSL
Pouliot - Brassard - MZA
Hagelin - Richards - Miller
Carcillo - Boyle - Dorsett

McD - Girardi
Staal - Stralman
Klein - McIllrath

BBKers is offline  
Old
03-25-2014, 08:31 PM
  #54
mti79
Registered User
 
mti79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust Heisenberg View Post
I had the stomach flu on Wed. It was horrific. Woke up early in the morning, meaning I barely got sleep to begin with, couldn't sleep for longer than 10-15 minute intervals for the first 8 hours, and was consistently throwing up every 25-30 minutes for the first 6 hours.

The thought of food was unbearable, drinking gatorade helped for a while... until it didn't.

The fever, nausea, vomiting, etc... didn't go away for about a day and a half. I couldn't eat anything until that Friday, so 2.5 days after it began. I averaged about a meal a day until today.

It's not only that the symptoms weakened Step and MSL, but that they won't be able to have food in their system so that they can have energy. I was also tired for the majority of the day until yesterday too. It's a 5 day bug, that may or may not be reduced with a less intense strand of the stomach flu than I got and also better treatment from their doctors.

I wouldn't necessarily think they'll be back and ready to be effective tomorrow night. They won't be zombies but that doesn't mean that they'll be peppy AF.
Not trying to be a "know it all" but if they realized they had the flu and started them on Tamiflu, they will be feeling better. They won't be 100% but the drug really does help. Then, if they aren't able to consume any food and/or water, there is always the option of IV fluids to keep them hydrated. It'll be interesting to see what 12 forwards we roll with since MSL, Steps and Dorsett are coming back from the flu and Kreider is out for a month. Does Haggerty get put on the 4th with Carcillo and Moore? Move Boyle to the 3rd? Call up JT Fast, Kristo?

Can't wait for this one.

mti79 is offline  
Old
03-25-2014, 08:32 PM
  #55
FromTheSide
Registered User
 
FromTheSide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 26,595
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
Hes one of the best 4th liners in the league, I don't know what else you want.
Hitting? Thats typically what 4th liners are good at.

FromTheSide is online now  
Old
03-25-2014, 08:36 PM
  #56
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bialystok, Poland
Country: Iceland
Posts: 6,045
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Give them Philly boys some Clubber Lang...


PAIN!

BBKers is offline  
Old
03-25-2014, 08:38 PM
  #57
Aufheben
Global Moderator
#planttheparade2015
 
Aufheben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Angola
Posts: 15,817
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTheSide View Post
I clearly said he's PHYSICALLY useless and then literally the next words are "but will be kept for Faceoffs/PK etc"

The power of reading....
Who are you guys talking about? It can't be Boyle because he has like 150 hits.

__________________
X X X X - _ _ _ _ - _ _ _ _ - _ _ _ _
Aufheben is offline  
Old
03-25-2014, 08:44 PM
  #58
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Its Miller time?
Would callup Big Mac to make some noise too

Nash - Stepan - MSL
Pouliot - Brassard - MZA
Hagelin - Richards - Miller
Carcillo - Boyle - Dorsett

McD - Girardi
Staal - Stralman
Klein - McIllrath

id call up McIlrath or Allen on defense if i was Rangers management. Allen would be better a big help because he can also skate and has some size and a little mean streak...

up front id call up Miller, and id would give Lindberg a look since Rangers can use help at winning faceoffs.. Fast and Kristo also deserve a look. just

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
03-25-2014, 09:22 PM
  #59
PurpleHayes
Hail the Motherland!
 
PurpleHayes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Podolsk, Russia
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 4,263
vCash: 925
This game is hands down the biggest game of the season...better bring your marbles boys!

PurpleHayes is online now  
Old
03-25-2014, 09:24 PM
  #60
PurpleHayes
Hail the Motherland!
 
PurpleHayes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Podolsk, Russia
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 4,263
vCash: 925
Just watching the Wednesday night rivalry commercial gets me pumped!

PurpleHayes is online now  
Old
03-25-2014, 09:54 PM
  #61
Glen Sathers Cigar
Sather = Evil Genius
 
Glen Sathers Cigar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrybiv View Post
Then again, so are we. I would think twice about leaving Richards at the point though. In fact, I'd leave him off the PP totally. He's been a liability lately. Sorry, if I hurt anyone's feelings.
Interesting timing as last game was probably Richards' best game of the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTheSide View Post
I clearly said he's PHYSICALLY useless and then literally the next words are "but will be kept for Faceoffs/PK etc"

The power of reading....
I don't agree that he's physically useless. He may not murder people with every hit, but he consistently finishes his checks and occasionally does rock someone. Even if they're not big hits, a 6'7 245 lb man finishing his checks is a good element for the fourth line, even if they're not all bone crushing hits.

Glen Sathers Cigar is online now  
Old
03-25-2014, 09:59 PM
  #62
Glen Sathers Cigar
Sather = Evil Genius
 
Glen Sathers Cigar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
id call up McIlrath or Allen on defense if i was Rangers management. Allen would be better a big help because he can also skate and has some size and a little mean streak...

up front id call up Miller, and id would give Lindberg a look since Rangers can use help at winning faceoffs.. Fast and Kristo also deserve a look. just
With how tight the standings are right now I'm not comfortable with giving anyone a look. If need be, we call up Miller. The points are too important to be giving those guys cups of coffee unless absolutely necessary due to more than just Kreider, MSL and Stepan being out (if the second two even are).

Glen Sathers Cigar is online now  
Old
03-25-2014, 10:03 PM
  #63
Aufheben
Global Moderator
#planttheparade2015
 
Aufheben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Angola
Posts: 15,817
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen Sathers Cigar View Post
Interesting timing as last game was probably Richards' best game of the season.



I don't agree that he's physically useless. He may not murder people with every hit, but he consistently finishes his checks and occasionally does rock someone. Even if they're not big hits, a 6'7 245 lb man finishing his checks is a good element for the fourth line, even if they're not all bone crushing hits.
He's 3rd on the team in Hits.

Aufheben is offline  
Old
03-25-2014, 10:10 PM
  #64
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 19,848
vCash: 500
Weakening our team because of the big bad Flyers cost us at least a point last time. We took out our best 4th liner and inserted Dorsett for his first game in a while. AV is not a rough and tumble coach, he's not Torts. There's no reason to overthink this. Let's skate around them rather than try to intimidate them. We're not intimidating them either with guys like MSL and Zucc on the team. Please don't overthink this AV.

SnowblindNYR is offline  
Old
03-25-2014, 10:16 PM
  #65
Seven C0stanza
Registered User
 
Seven C0stanza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Country: South Africa
Posts: 441
vCash: 500
Would like to see miller and Diaz scratched for Falk, Dorsett, and Carcillo just for tommorow.

Seven C0stanza is offline  
Old
03-25-2014, 10:26 PM
  #66
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 19,848
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joec72894 View Post
Would like to see miller and Diaz scratched for Falk, Dorsett, and Carcillo just for tommorow.
That's a TERRIBLE idea. Last time we tried to match the Flyers physically we scratched D. Moore and put a 4th line together that had no chemistry, they got scored on and Dorsett took a dumb penalty that cost us another goal. You would rather put a slug on D when we have at least 2 better options (Allen too). You want to put Dorsett in the top 9? AV weakening his lineup because he's scared of the boogyman Flyers is the definition of coaching scared. We won't be a big rugged team even with these guys and in the meantime we would just completely decimate the team's talent (ok decimate may be a bit of an exaggeration but it would HURT).

SnowblindNYR is offline  
Old
03-25-2014, 10:26 PM
  #67
JeffMangum
Man Girardi
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 59,235
vCash: 50
Personally, I'd just slot in Miller for Kreider.

Miller-Stepan-MSL
Zuccarello-Brassard-Nash
Hagelin-Richards-Pouliot
Carcillo-Moore-Boyle

But I expect one of Hagelin/Poo to move into the top-6 with Miller subbing in on the third line.

__________________
Soon.
JeffMangum is offline  
Old
03-25-2014, 10:28 PM
  #68
JeffMangum
Man Girardi
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 59,235
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
That's a TERRIBLE idea. Last time we tried to match the Flyers physically we scratched D. Moore and put a 4th line together that had no chemistry, they got scored on and Dorsett took a dumb penalty that cost us another goal. You would rather put a slug on D when we have at least 2 better options (Allen too). You want to put Dorsett in the top 9? AV weakening his lineup because he's scared of the boogyman Flyers is the definition of coaching scared. We won't be a big rugged team even with these guys and in the meantime we would just completely decimate the team's talent (ok decimate may be a bit of an exaggeration but it would HURT).
Dom Moore getting scratched is still one of the most mind boggling personnel decisions I've seen in quite some time. AV's done a great job this season imo, but what the **** man????? He's a HUGE spark on the fourth line offensively.

JeffMangum is offline  
Old
03-25-2014, 10:40 PM
  #69
Wolfy*
The Hobbit Rules!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 3,513
vCash: 500
Don't we have a real heavyweight to call up? We need one against Philly.

Falk is useless.

Wolfy* is offline  
Old
03-25-2014, 10:44 PM
  #70
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 19,848
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBoyle View Post
Dom Moore getting scratched is still one of the most mind boggling personnel decisions I've seen in quite some time. AV's done a great job this season imo, but what the **** man????? He's a HUGE spark on the fourth line offensively.
It's the same mentality that the poster I responded to had. I think he outsmarted himself or something. AV doesn't strike me as the type to be terrified of physical teams and coaching scared so it's still a mystery to me. It reeks of a Torts decision. Honestly, I fully believe it cost the team at least a point.

SnowblindNYR is offline  
Old
03-25-2014, 10:44 PM
  #71
Thirty One
portnor, pls
 
Thirty One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,121
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
Don't we have a real heavyweight to call up? We need one against Philly.

Falk is useless.
If they don't call up Miller they can sign an amateur boxer on a 1 day try-out.

My lines:
Hagelin - Stepan - Nash
Zuccarello - Brassard - St. Louis
Pouliot - Richards - Miller
Boyle - Moore - Dorsett

I know, they're out there.

Thirty One is offline  
Old
03-25-2014, 10:45 PM
  #72
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
Don't we have a real heavyweight to call up? We need one against Philly.

Falk is useless.
i wish McIlrath would be called, heck call up Haley as well. Rangers can use a spark.. this will be an emotional game.. i hope this team is ready to get hit.. this team is weak

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
03-25-2014, 10:45 PM
  #73
Aufheben
Global Moderator
#planttheparade2015
 
Aufheben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Angola
Posts: 15,817
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
If they don't call up Miller they can sign an amateur boxer on a 1 day try-out.

My lines:
Hagelin - Stepan - Nash
Zuccarello - Brassard - St. Louis
Pouliot - Richards - Miller
Boyle - Moore - Dorsett

I know, they're out there.


Just put JT in and call it a day.

Aufheben is offline  
Old
03-25-2014, 10:50 PM
  #74
JeffMangum
Man Girardi
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 59,235
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
It's the same mentality that the poster I responded to had. I think he outsmarted himself or something. AV doesn't strike me as the type to be terrified of physical teams and coaching scared so it's still a mystery to me. It reeks of a Torts decision. Honestly, I fully believe it cost the team at least a point.
I think the difference between Moore and one of Carcillo/Dorsett was quite noticeable. Moore is a quality NHL player, he's very effective in all three zones and a very smart player. Extremely versatile with a lot of experience. He's not a scratch worthy player by any stretch of the imagination.

JeffMangum is offline  
Old
03-25-2014, 10:51 PM
  #75
Thirty One
portnor, pls
 
Thirty One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,121
vCash: 420
I've seen calls for Carcillo, Falk, McIlrath and Haley now.

If someone suggests Beach, I WILL CUT A *****.

Thirty One is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:30 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.