HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2014-15 Lake Erie Monsters (AHL) & Fort Wayne Komets (ECHL) l Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
04-01-2014, 12:31 AM
cgf

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihiliste View Post
Bourke is our only current forward prospect that I think has a chance to become anything
I still liked what I saw out of Sgar last year and think he'll bounce back next year, especially with his contract being up the summer after that.

Also get the feeling Schumacher may just become a useful secondary scorer who can play on the third line eventually.

Old
04-01-2014, 10:14 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

vCash: 447
Monsters played tonight and actually held on to a lead for a 5-3 win over San Antonio, whois actually worse than them. Goals from Schumacher and Elliott (again) plus Sgarbossa, Stollery and Hishon. 3 assists for Smith. Aittokallio played well, made 28 saves. A lot of penalties in this one 5 on 3s and such. None of the new kids played other than Bourke. Our old friend Zanon was back, actually kneed Hishon at one point (he was fine). Don't know why Zanon had such a long absence, must have been injured.

Old
04-02-2014, 06:20 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

Highlights

Old
04-02-2014, 06:40 PM
Nihiliste

Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
Yikes... I would have hated to play with an inflamed bursa sac in my ankle. It would be incredibly uncomfortable, and blocking shots would be scary cause every shot is a chance to have a bursa sac burst.
A cyst isn't the same thing as bursitis. I imagine skating was uncomfortable but provided it was well protected I doubt there was an overly significant risk of it rupturing. The procedure is pretty safe too, he should be fine and good to go next year.

Old
04-03-2014, 08:47 AM
henchman24
If and if...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihiliste View Post
A cyst isn't the same thing as bursitis. I imagine skating was uncomfortable but provided it was well protected I doubt there was an overly significant risk of it rupturing. The procedure is pretty safe too, he should be fine and good to go next year.
On one side of the story they say he is having a bursectomy (removal of bursa sac) and the other side they say a cyst. I lean towards saying it is a bursa sac issue since that is the surgery being done. Either way he should be totally fine.

Old
04-03-2014, 06:03 PM
Nihiliste

Quote:
On one side of the story they say he is having a bursectomy (removal of bursa sac) and the other side they say a cyst. I lean towards saying it is a bursa sac issue since that is the surgery being done. Either way he should be totally fine.
I agree that it's a vague and somewhat conflicting description but the most common explanation for what they describe would be a ganglion cyst. That doesn't mean that it doesn't involve the bursa, it just means its not the same thing as bursitis (inflammation of the bursa as you describe).

Old
04-04-2014, 11:38 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Oh no. Is the Stock Show messing up the Cutthroats playoff schedule?

Old
04-05-2014, 01:21 AM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

Not ours, maybe Tulsa's.

Monsters got their ass handed to them by Texas last night. One of the best teams in the league but still 5-1 was not good even though there were some bad bounces. Agozzino with the lone goal. Dean also isn't playing the new kids yet either (besides Bourke obv). Two more games this weekend to finish out the road trip.

Old
04-06-2014, 01:26 AM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

Didn't get to listen to the Monsters game vs. lowly San Antonio tonight but just as well as they lost 3-0 to them. Dean still isn't playing any of the new kids (other than Bourke) and I'm beginning to doubt if he's going to bother at all or if he's waiting until they are officially out of playoff contention or what. Pickard probably goes back in the doghouse after this one even though from what I gather it really wasn't his fault. Just not a good effort all around.

Old
04-06-2014, 02:25 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

There is not a chance we will see Martin (Geertsen will only play if there are injuries), that is all dreaming.

It's a lot like Siemens a couple seasons ago. He was invited to an ATO just to see how the pros function and how to compete.

Old
04-06-2014, 02:27 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

Supposedly Siemens got in 3 games that season. I agree though, no way Dean plays Martin. Would be nice to see a bit of Geertsen though.

Old
04-06-2014, 05:45 PM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

How has Michael Schumacher been playing this season?

Old
04-06-2014, 06:07 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatOne View Post
How has Michael Schumacher been playing this season?
Started a little slow but pretty darn good lately. He's scored 6 goals in the last month. Using his size well, nice hands. I'm pretty happy with him as a prospect, hope he gets an ELC for next season.

Old
04-06-2014, 10:40 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

Does anyone even care to hear about the Monsters games anymore? I'm not going to bother with highlights unless anyone wants to see any from the last 3 games, there are not many anyway.

Monsters lose 4-1 against Texas tonight. DVDG with the lone goal. This team has felt like they wanted the road trip to end since Friday. A lot of dumb penalties, no offense, nothing going on the PP. They went 0/8 on the PP tonight. Kyle Hope got in on the 4th line tonight, played a physical role well. No sign of Martin or Geertsen though. Agozzino and Sgarbossa were scratched, not on the injury report so one can arrive at the conclusion they are in the doghouse from stupid penalties in the last game. As predicted Aittokallio was back in net, made 23 saves.

I don't think its a lack of effort per se, I hate that criticism too because its as lazy as the critique. They play hard, always physical and skate hard but the focus just has not been there. They've had trouble generating offense all season but when they get in these funks its almost impossible to get out. It feel like a lot of the old Avs teams, efforts that always seem to fall short. Blown late leads, missed opportunities, nobody really stepping up. I understand the best offensive talent being 20 years old doesn't help either. That and the culture feels a lot like the old Avs too. Beyond vague injury reports (Lerg is still out day to day with a LBI, thats an insult to our intelligence at this point), Plagens directed to keep harping how they are scoreboard watching to get into the playoffs, no communication, no coverage, nobody cares. Maybe people just are not expected to care about the AHL team, I get that. But they get 10,000 people in Cleveland to show up to that team on a regular basis, its a shame that nobody really cares.

Old
04-06-2014, 10:57 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigervixxen View Post
Does anyone even care to hear about the Monsters games anymore? I'm not going to bother with highlights unless anyone wants to see any from the last 3 games, there are not many anyway.
I check this thread regularly and appreciate the updates, so it's up to you.

I kinda miss that Frank Booth character. That dude practically jumped down my throat after Granato was fired and I said "Anyone but Joe Sacco please."

Old
04-06-2014, 11:36 PM
Gigantor The Goalie

I feel like the Lake Erie Monsters are the last of the old era. Roy and Sakic will have had a full season to evaluate the organization from top to bottom. Roy and Sakic have talked about how great the Tampa Bay development system is. They will want to build a winning Franchise from the AHL team to the NHL team.

Old
04-07-2014, 12:51 AM
chet1926

Quote:
It's up to you, I check this thread all the time to see highlights, but I can go find them elsewhere if you're sick of posting them.

I think I'm with you I think lots of fans, are kind of meh about the Monsters as they are kind "old regime" still and are having a really poor year. So reading about them or checking highlights is probably a second priority.

Plus all of our "top end" prospects except Siemens and Elliott are with the Avs or not on the Monsters.

Old
04-07-2014, 12:59 AM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

It's not so much that I'm sick of it, just that there were no highlights from the weekend. It's easy for me to post, no biggie.

I've followed them way more than I should have. But it's kinda nice to enjoy a game and learn more about the game and our prospects without the stress and anxiety of the Avs. It's just frustrating to think about why the team is in such a dismal spot. And it does effect the Avs in some ways.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback. Didn't really mean to fish. Just didn't know what y'all were interested in.

Old
04-07-2014, 08:55 AM
henchman24
If and if...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigantor The Goalie View Post
I feel like the Lake Erie Monsters are the last of the old era. Roy and Sakic will have had a full season to evaluate the organization from top to bottom. Roy and Sakic have talked about how great the Tampa Bay development system is. They will want to build a winning Franchise from the AHL team to the NHL team.
I agree with this. I think there is a good chance that Duhamel is the head coach in Lake Erie next year. A complete culture change is needed down there.

Old
04-07-2014, 09:00 AM
Avs71

Quote:
Count me in as one who always enjoys the read.

I notice Elliott has more goals than assists. Is this due to the lack of skill of the forwards? I always feel like defencemen who have more goals than assists would be the type whose point totals would jump once they're with good players.

Old
04-07-2014, 09:05 AM
henchman24
If and if...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs71 View Post
I notice Elliott has more goals than assists. Is this due to the lack of skill of the forwards? I always feel like defencemen who have more goals than assists would be the type whose point totals would jump once they're with good players.
I would say that... From the games down the stretch that I have seen, Elliott has looked like the best or one of the best players for Lake Erie. Maybe it is just me, but he looks bigger as well.

Old
04-07-2014, 09:48 AM
Avs71

Quote:
I would say that... From the games down the stretch that I have seen, Elliott has looked like the best or one of the best players for Lake Erie. Maybe it is just me, but he looks bigger as well.
That's good to hear. Hopefully he is a little mentally tougher too. I feel like his size was never an issue, but rather being scared to get hit.

Old
04-07-2014, 11:42 AM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 50
I can't wait to see Elliott arrive next season. I really enjoy watching him shoot, such an amazing shot. Working with Roy is just what he needs.

Unfortunately we're in a rough spot for next year. Barrie/Holden/Elliott/Benoit can't all play. Benoit may need to be let go and one of Holden/Elliott will likely always sit. Which puts Guenin in the lineup constantly (another mistake) and who knows who will replace Sarich as a DFD...

Old
04-07-2014, 11:45 AM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

As far as Elliott, he's second on the team in SOG. The more goals is a function of shooting the puck a ton but why he doesn't have assists yeah I can agree there are not many finishers on the team. Smith should have more points too but he's a playmaker and only Schumacher can ever bury his passes. Elliott has scored a lot of big goals, I can definitely see the improvement. He doesn't hit much still but since that whole team likes to goon it up a bit he has to hold his own at times.

Old
04-07-2014, 12:33 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

I take it Chynoweth doesn't encourage his d-men to jump into the play like Roy does, or like Sacco originally did but then changed his tune to "chip it out". Can't wait to see how Roy can utilize him...if he chooses to keep him that is (I'm assuming at this point he will).

No doubt there's gonna be an overhaul in Cleveland.

Closed Thread