HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2014-15 Lake Erie Monsters (AHL) & Fort Wayne Komets (ECHL) l Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
04-08-2014, 04:23 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
If there is a player who resembles Nick Holden in almost everything Pufahl is that player, terrible defensively and not a great skater as you touched on. Was not a fan of him in the Memorial Cup.
To be fair, he has really improved since then in every aspect. And that was an "average" CHL defenceman being forced to play in a situation that he was destined to fail. The Blades were the worst team there and he was their 4th or 5th best blueliner.

Quote:
RS wasn't he the one crying in the Blades documentary? I swear I thought one of the 20 year old players was crying because he was cut or traded off the team if my memory serves me right.
That would be Connor Cox.

Old
04-08-2014, 04:28 PM
henchman24
If and if...

vCash: 500
Quote:
There might be a packed rookie camp and training camp next year. Picture all these players in the NHL/AHL/CHL, all the players who are going to be drafted in 2014 (excluding NCAA bound picks), and all the potential invites we haven't heard of yet (including perhaps Moffatt as well, like Donnelly last year).
I see this too... seems like there might be A LOT of turnover in Lake Erie next year.... Elliott's likely graduation + Pickard shipped out (Roy alluded to only keeping 1 prospect goalie) + Lerg/DVG/Olver/Stollery/Wyman/Desbiens/Hunwick/Hishon (who knows if he will get a contract) having expiring contracts

Old
04-08-2014, 04:50 PM
Gigantor The Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
I see this too... seems like there might be A LOT of turnover in Lake Erie next year.... Elliott's likely graduation + Pickard shipped out (Roy alluded to only keeping 1 prospect goalie) + Lerg/DVG/Olver/Stollery/Wyman/Desbiens/Hunwick/Hishon (who knows if he will get a contract) having expiring contracts
Great timing considering Roy and Sakic wanted a year to see where the entire organization is at. With all those expiring contracts, Roy will be able to pretty much do what he wants with the line-up down there. It's exciting to think that we could have an AHL team that can contribute to the success of the NHL team like in Tampa and Detroit.

Old
04-08-2014, 05:33 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigantor The Goalie View Post
Great timing considering Roy and Sakic wanted a year to see where the entire organization is at. With all those expiring contracts, Roy will be able to pretty much do what he wants with the line-up down there. It's exciting to think that we could have an AHL team that can contribute to the success of the NHL team like in Tampa and Detroit.
This, this, this.

Old
04-09-2014, 11:25 AM
AvsFan2123

Hopefully this Johnny McInnis can finish out the year with LE then start there next year. Seems like a good prospect. He's exactly what Colorado lacks; wingers with size AND skill, especially right wingers. Matt Pufahl is also a good defenseman who I hope plays there next year. If the rumors are true that I saw in the other thread, then Dennis Everberg would be a nice addition. I would hope that they start him off in the AHL to give him some adjustment time. Could be a good secondary scoring winger on the third line can step up when injuries occur.

Old
04-09-2014, 09:24 PM
hf031

Does anyone here keep up on the ECHL? Just realized that all eight western conference teams automatically qualify for the playoffs, sixteen out of twenty-one total. Hard to take that league seriously when you can be 19-42-8 (Las Vegas Wranglers) and "earn" a spot in the postseason.

Old
04-09-2014, 10:38 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by hf031 View Post
Does anyone here keep up on the ECHL? Just realized that all eight western conference teams automatically qualify for the playoffs, sixteen out of twenty-one total. Hard to take that league seriously when you can be 19-42-8 (Las Vegas Wranglers) and "earn" a spot in the postseason.
Well, I suppose when the NHL first expanded, one of the expansion teams usually made it in by default because of similar rules and usually got pounded. But yeah, losing that many games and still qualifying is pretty crazy.

Old
04-10-2014, 08:28 AM
niwotsblessing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
Well, I suppose when the NHL first expanded, one of the expansion teams usually made it in by default because of similar rules and usually got pounded. But yeah, losing that many games and still qualifying is pretty crazy.
In the first 3 seasons after the original 6 expanded the Blues lost the Cup finals. I believe the original 6 teams were in one division and the new 6 teams were is the other.

Old
04-10-2014, 08:34 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by niwotsblessing View Post
In the first 3 seasons after the original 6 expanded the Blues lost the Cup finals. I believe the original 6 teams were in one division and the new 6 teams were is the other.
Yep, Blues got to play in three straight Finals because they had the most luck in the expansion draft. The iconic Orr picture happened in one of those finals as well.

Old
04-10-2014, 02:52 PM
hf031

Can't say I agree with that one much either, though at the very least the expansion teams didn't automatically qualify. With the ECHL, I can't help but think the league should have just included the X next to each Western team in the standings before the season even began.

Old
04-11-2014, 10:32 AM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

vCash: 165
Monsters played last night vs. Utica, lost 3-2 in OT. Not much excitement in this game other than Schumacher tying it with less than 5 minutes to go in the game. I still think its weird that O'Reilly's brother plays for Utica, he's pretty good too. Anyway, Clark with the other goal. Sami in net and made 29 saves. Its pretty apparent the Monsters have no desire to play any of the ATOs, Bourke is still the only one who is getting any play. Rematch tonight.

Old
04-11-2014, 10:35 AM
henchman24
If and if...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigervixxen View Post
Monsters played last night vs. Utica, lost 3-2 in OT. Not much excitement in this game other than Schumacher tying it with less than 5 minutes to go in the game. I still think its weird that O'Reilly's brother plays for Utica, he's pretty good too. Anyway, Clark with the other goal. Sami in net and made 29 saves. Its pretty apparent the Monsters have no desire to play any of the ATOs, Bourke is still the only one who is getting any play. Rematch tonight.
I'd actually like the Avs to give him a shot at the #4C spot, but I don't ever expect that to happen.

Old
04-11-2014, 10:44 AM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

Yeah, he's only on an AHL contract, I wouldn't mind LE taking a run at him this offseason.

Old
04-12-2014, 01:29 AM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

Monsters decided to run déjà vu of every single game this month it seems. Goal from Schumacher, check. Assists from Smith and Elliott, check. Another goal from Desbiens for good measure, check. Blowing a two goal lead late in the third, check. Giving up the game thing goal with less than two minutes to go, check (to O'Reilly of all people). Lose in a shootout without one goal scored, check. DVDG was injured/benched (that line is becoming less and less distinguishable by the game, the only ATO (other than Bourke) allowed to dress was Pufahl, Pickard made 34 saves, Siemens was named third star for some reason.

Old
04-12-2014, 02:18 AM
AvsFan2123

Kind of scared about the Barrie injury. Took a late, nasty hit to the head. Gotta think that if he is gonna miss time, they would call Stefan Elliott up. At least I would hope. If the plan is to play Sarich and Wilson over him that is plain stupidity. They're gonna need Elliott's offense from the blue line. He is more than deserving of a shot.

Old
04-12-2014, 02:46 AM
hf031

Hard to do anything other than lose in these shootouts when your boys are 2 for their last 23 over the past five (all defeats)! Yikes. Not much room for error if you're Picks or Sami.

Olver 1-8, Elliott 1-9, Sgarbossa 1-6, Agozzino 0-10 in his career... maybe it's time to trot out some of the more unconventional choices. Or why not Bourke, at least?

Old
04-12-2014, 08:52 AM
The Fuhr*

Schumacher has to have like 10G his last 15... Always see his name lately in the score sheet

Old
04-12-2014, 10:10 AM
niwotsblessing

Quote:
Giving up the game thing goal with less than two minutes to go, check (to O'Reilly of all people).
Character must run in the family.

Old
04-12-2014, 11:37 AM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

Quote:
Originally Posted by hf031 View Post
Hard to do anything other than lose in these shootouts when your boys are 2 for their last 23 over the past five (all defeats)! Yikes. Not much room for error if you're Picks or Sami.

Olver 1-8, Elliott 1-9, Sgarbossa 1-6, Agozzino 0-10 in his career... maybe it's time to trot out some of the more unconventional choices. Or why not Bourke, at least?
It's pretty bad when Smith and Hishon can't score in the shootout. Smith was something like 8/12 at one point.

Old
04-12-2014, 11:41 AM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fuhr View Post
Schumacher has to have like 10G his last 15... Always see his name lately in the score sheet
Yeah it's 8 in 15, seriously seems like every game.

Old
04-12-2014, 07:02 PM
cgf

Quote:
Yeah it's 8 in 15, seriously seems like every game.
Every other game isn't too bad. I hope we can upgrade the staff in the A cause if we're patient with him and can develop him well we could have our own Franzen.

btw was reminded that this song exists and should be the only music played in the arena during monsters games.

Old
04-12-2014, 08:07 PM
Nzap
Insert clever phrase

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
Every other game isn't too bad. I hope we can upgrade the staff in the A cause if we're patient with him and can develop him well we could have our own Franzen.

btw was reminded that this song exists and should be the only music played in the arena during monsters games.
To be fair I have no problems with them using this instead

Actually I like this a lot more than the one you posted.

Maybe they use both? I don't know. They at least used Skillet's song in the player introductions last season.

Old
04-12-2014, 08:20 PM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

They play the Skillet song after every goal

Anyway, highlights from yesterday. Pretty sick pass from Smith on the Schumacher goal.

Last edited by tigervixxxen: 04-12-2014 at 08:30 PM.
Old
04-12-2014, 08:23 PM
Nzap
Insert clever phrase

vCash: 50
Quote:
They play the Skillet song after every goal
Yeah, I thought so, but wasn't sure exactly sure.
That is a song that works in a hockey game very well.

Old
04-12-2014, 09:54 PM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nzap View Post
To be fair I have no problems with them using this instead

Actually I like this a lot more than the one you posted.

Maybe they use both? I don't know. They at least used Skillet's song in the player introductions last season.
See that one, like most christian rock, just bores the crap out of my, musically, lyrically, energy-wise, just boring. While the automatics song is catchy is catchy as all balls.

Closed Thread