HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

The Out of Town Thread LXXVIII - All News & Talk from Around the League

Closed Thread

Old
03-29-2014, 09:17 PM
Lafleurs Guy
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
The abused tends to stick by the abuser. Losing is all they know.

I'll always be a Habs fan. Even if it gets as bad as it has with the Leafs.
It never will.

We might lose and go through hard times again. But there won't be another team who will break their fans hearts the way the Leafs have ever again. A script writer couldn't pen this because nobody would ever believe it could happen.

Just shocking that they are missing the playoffs this way - again.

Old
03-29-2014, 09:17 PM
sheed36

Things looking grim for the mighty Maple Leafs right now. The Wings, Columbus, and the Caps all have 2 games in hand on them. Even though things are looking really bad for the Leafs I think they'll still somehow find a way to hang around until the last weekend.

Old
03-29-2014, 09:18 PM
Gazou

We've been bad but the epic meltdown of last's year playoff and now this for the Leafs would be too much to take as a fan....

Old
03-29-2014, 09:19 PM
Lafleurs Guy
Global Moderator

Btw, I take it back...

The Leafs have been okay. Just okay...

Old
03-29-2014, 09:20 PM
Frankenheimer

It's not hard to understand that if you love your city, you're going to support the local team thick or thin. What are the alternatives exactly? I think we can enjoy the Leafs collapse and at the same time be respectful of the fan base.

Old
03-29-2014, 09:21 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
It never will.

We might lose and go through hard times again. But there won't be another team who will break their fans hearts the way the Leafs have ever again. A script writer couldn't pen this because nobody would ever believe it could happen.

Just shocking that they are missing the playoffs this way - again.
You have no idea. In 93 I never thought the next 20 years would be this bad. Anything can happen.

Old
03-29-2014, 09:22 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazou View Post
We've been bad but the epic meltdown of last's year playoff and now this for the Leafs would be too much to take as a fan....
We got our ***** handed to us by Ottawa. What's the difference? Both losses were pathetic.

Old
03-29-2014, 09:24 PM
Gomez91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
We lost Koivu during those playoffs. And they added a real goalie instead of a sick one. Has nothing to do with a choke.
Really I thought you would of mentioned MT meltdowns and bench penalties as a reason as well?

Old
03-29-2014, 09:27 PM
Lafleurs Guy
Global Moderator

Quote:
We got our ***** handed to us by Ottawa. What's the difference? Both losses were pathetic.
The difference is that we haven't missed the playoffs for a decade. The difference is that we haven't had spectacular choke jobs for three years straight.

One thing to lose but man... to lose that way - seemingly all the time? Nobody should have to endure that.

Old
03-29-2014, 09:27 PM
thewall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomez91 View Post
Really I thought you would of mentioned MT meltdowns and bench penalties as a reason as well?
Not the same series.. that mt meltdown was in 2002... he s talking about the 2006 season

Old
03-29-2014, 09:29 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
The difference is that we haven't missed the playoffs for a decade. The difference is that we haven't had spectacular choke jobs for three years straight.

One thing to lose but man... to lose that way - seemingly all the time? Nobody should have to endure that.
There is no difference. Both teams have been crap for the last couple decades. Now, if we're going to talk about both franchises in their totality then the Habs come out on top, but I don't get Habs fans laguhing at the Leafs when we have been crap and just as inept... just like the leafs for the last couple decades.

Losing to Ottawa like we did last year was terrible. I'd say almost worse than the Leafs meltdown. Boston went to the cup finals last year. We knew the Leafs were playing like crap that series. The meltdown is bad, but understandable. Habs got dominated by a team they were supposed to be head and shoulders above. Dominated in every way too.

Old
03-29-2014, 09:29 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

We had our share of breakdowns... Remember the 2006-07 and the 2008-09 seasons? Yeah I don't want to either...

Old
03-29-2014, 09:30 PM
BlackStar

Anyone who compares the misery that is a Leafs fan to being a Habs fan may want to check themselves into a mental asylum. Look, it's so bad Habs fans are actually starting to feel bad for them.

I'm not one of those guys though, I am enjoying this, immensely. This is just a fantastic time to be a Habs fan, especially one who lives in the Greater Toronto Area.

Old
03-29-2014, 09:31 PM
Gomez91

Quote:
No team has ever led 4-1 with ten minutes left and been eliminated. It is the biggest choke job of all time.

Now you could try to argue that there were some teams who gave up a 3-1 series lead or whatever... but NO team has ever done what the Leafs did last year. At the very least it is arguably the biggest choke job ever and it is officially the biggest choke job for an elimination game.

Every team has dark times.

It's not just that they've lost. It's how they've lost. A sadist couldn't do any more to hurt their fans.
I agree but Boston is and was at that time favored and a very strong determined team. Toronto was holding on as a underdog to last that long anyway not to argue with you no one pegged Toronto as the favorite in that series over Boston last year so I have to say good they lasted that long.

Old
03-29-2014, 09:31 PM
Lafleurs Guy
Global Moderator

Quote:
There is no difference. Both teams have been crap for the last couple decades. Now, if we're going to talk about both franchises in their totality then the Habs come out on top, but I don't get Habs fans laguhing at the Leafs when we have been crap and just as inept... just like the leafs for the last couple decades.
There's a huge difference.

I've seen cups, watched great teams. Yeah, my team has been mostly mediocre to bad for the past 20 years but I've never had to sit through a decade without playoff hockey and then watch my team choke like that to get eliminated. And have that season sandwiched by two other huge choke jobs.

Anyways, folks can think whatever they want. I just look at that team and I've never seen a trainwreck like it. Just horrible.

Old
03-29-2014, 09:33 PM
BlackStar

Quote:
Seriously? I know longer find you annoying, just hilarious. Not even Leafs fans would agree with you. My goodness, you are something special.

Old
03-29-2014, 09:33 PM
Patccmoi

They went from 89% to 6.5% chances to make the playoffs on sportsclubstats in 2 weeks. This is absolutely crazy.

Old
03-29-2014, 09:34 PM
Lafleurs Guy
Global Moderator

Quote:
I agree but Boston is and was at that time favored and a very strong determined team. Toronto was holding on as a underdog to last that long anyway not to argue with you no one pegged Toronto as the favorite in that series over Boston last year so I have to say good they lasted that long.
That's fair.

I doubt it dulls the pain for them though... I'm just sayin' man, I almost feel sorry for them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patccmoi View Post
They went from 89% to 6.5% chances to make the playoffs on sportsclubstats in 2 weeks. This is absolutely crazy.
And they did the same thing two years ago.

Old
03-29-2014, 09:36 PM
BlackStar

Quote:
There's a huge difference.

I've seen cups, watched great teams. Yeah, my team has been mostly mediocre to bad for the past 20 years but I've never had to sit through a decade without playoff hockey and then watch my team choke like that to get eliminated. And have that season sandwiched by two other huge choke jobs.

Anyways, folks can think whatever they want. I just look at that team and I've never seen a trainwreck like it. Just horrible.
This is how bad the Leafs are, folks. Lafleurs Guy seems to be glowing about the last 20 years of the Habs when he compares it to the Leafs failures over the past 5 decades.

Old
03-29-2014, 09:38 PM
Gomez91

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackStar View Post
Anyone who compares the misery that is a Leafs fan to being a Habs fan may want to check themselves into a mental asylum. Look, it's so bad Habs fans are actually starting to feel bad for them.

I'm not one of those guys though, I am enjoying this, immensely. This is just a fantastic time to be a Habs fan, especially one who lives in the Greater Toronto Area.
I would enjoy immensely that Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver all made the playoffs more so then anything

Old
03-29-2014, 09:39 PM
shutehinside

If not for the shortened season last year, the Leafs likely wouldn't have made the playoffs either as they were sliding and made it in by the skin of their teeth.

Everything about this team is bad from the top on down. All that makes me very, very happy.

Old
03-29-2014, 09:40 PM
BlackStar

Quote:
I would enjoy immensely that Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver all made the playoffs more so then anything
Hey, you forgot to add Boston.

Old
03-29-2014, 09:43 PM
JuJu Mobb

#FireCarlyle

Old
03-29-2014, 09:47 PM
Gomez91

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackStar View Post
Hey, you forgot to add Boston.
Why is that your favorite team lol

Old
03-29-2014, 09:50 PM
JuJu Mobb

Pete LaViolette would be a good fit for the Leafs, imo...

Closed Thread