HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

The Out of Town Thread LXXVIII - All News & Talk from Around the League

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-29-2014, 09:17 PM
  #351
Lafleurs Guy
Global Moderator
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 44,183
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
The abused tends to stick by the abuser. Losing is all they know.

I'll always be a Habs fan. Even if it gets as bad as it has with the Leafs.
It never will.

We might lose and go through hard times again. But there won't be another team who will break their fans hearts the way the Leafs have ever again. A script writer couldn't pen this because nobody would ever believe it could happen.

Just shocking that they are missing the playoffs this way - again.

Lafleurs Guy is online now  
Old
03-29-2014, 09:17 PM
  #352
sheed36
Registered User
 
sheed36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,715
vCash: 500
Things looking grim for the mighty Maple Leafs right now. The Wings, Columbus, and the Caps all have 2 games in hand on them. Even though things are looking really bad for the Leafs I think they'll still somehow find a way to hang around until the last weekend.

sheed36 is offline  
Old
03-29-2014, 09:18 PM
  #353
Gazou
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 583
vCash: 500
We've been bad but the epic meltdown of last's year playoff and now this for the Leafs would be too much to take as a fan....

Gazou is offline  
Old
03-29-2014, 09:19 PM
  #354
Lafleurs Guy
Global Moderator
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 44,183
vCash: 500
Btw, I take it back...

The Leafs have been okay. Just okay...

Lafleurs Guy is online now  
Old
03-29-2014, 09:20 PM
  #355
Frankenheimer
Registered User
 
Frankenheimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: MTL
Posts: 2,508
vCash: 500
It's not hard to understand that if you love your city, you're going to support the local team thick or thin. What are the alternatives exactly? I think we can enjoy the Leafs collapse and at the same time be respectful of the fan base.

Frankenheimer is offline  
Old
03-29-2014, 09:21 PM
  #356
hockeyfan2k11
Registered User
 
hockeyfan2k11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 12,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
It never will.

We might lose and go through hard times again. But there won't be another team who will break their fans hearts the way the Leafs have ever again. A script writer couldn't pen this because nobody would ever believe it could happen.

Just shocking that they are missing the playoffs this way - again.
You have no idea. In 93 I never thought the next 20 years would be this bad. Anything can happen.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline  
Old
03-29-2014, 09:22 PM
  #357
hockeyfan2k11
Registered User
 
hockeyfan2k11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 12,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazou View Post
We've been bad but the epic meltdown of last's year playoff and now this for the Leafs would be too much to take as a fan....
We got our ***** handed to us by Ottawa. What's the difference? Both losses were pathetic.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline  
Old
03-29-2014, 09:24 PM
  #358
Gomez91
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Where I want
Country: Canada
Posts: 506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
We lost Koivu during those playoffs. And they added a real goalie instead of a sick one. Has nothing to do with a choke.
Really I thought you would of mentioned MT meltdowns and bench penalties as a reason as well?

Gomez91 is offline  
Old
03-29-2014, 09:27 PM
  #359
Lafleurs Guy
Global Moderator
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 44,183
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
We got our ***** handed to us by Ottawa. What's the difference? Both losses were pathetic.
The difference is that we haven't missed the playoffs for a decade. The difference is that we haven't had spectacular choke jobs for three years straight.

One thing to lose but man... to lose that way - seemingly all the time? Nobody should have to endure that.

Lafleurs Guy is online now  
Old
03-29-2014, 09:27 PM
  #360
thewall
Registered User
 
thewall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,422
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomez91 View Post
Really I thought you would of mentioned MT meltdowns and bench penalties as a reason as well?
Not the same series.. that mt meltdown was in 2002... he s talking about the 2006 season

thewall is offline  
Old
03-29-2014, 09:29 PM
  #361
hockeyfan2k11
Registered User
 
hockeyfan2k11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 12,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
The difference is that we haven't missed the playoffs for a decade. The difference is that we haven't had spectacular choke jobs for three years straight.

One thing to lose but man... to lose that way - seemingly all the time? Nobody should have to endure that.
There is no difference. Both teams have been crap for the last couple decades. Now, if we're going to talk about both franchises in their totality then the Habs come out on top, but I don't get Habs fans laguhing at the Leafs when we have been crap and just as inept... just like the leafs for the last couple decades.

Losing to Ottawa like we did last year was terrible. I'd say almost worse than the Leafs meltdown. Boston went to the cup finals last year. We knew the Leafs were playing like crap that series. The meltdown is bad, but understandable. Habs got dominated by a team they were supposed to be head and shoulders above. Dominated in every way too.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline  
Old
03-29-2014, 09:29 PM
  #362
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate
 
Chris Cutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sherbrooke
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,108
vCash: 500
We had our share of breakdowns... Remember the 2006-07 and the 2008-09 seasons? Yeah I don't want to either...

Chris Cutter is online now  
Old
03-29-2014, 09:30 PM
  #363
BlackStar
Registered User
 
BlackStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,665
vCash: 500
Anyone who compares the misery that is a Leafs fan to being a Habs fan may want to check themselves into a mental asylum. Look, it's so bad Habs fans are actually starting to feel bad for them.

I'm not one of those guys though, I am enjoying this, immensely. This is just a fantastic time to be a Habs fan, especially one who lives in the Greater Toronto Area.

BlackStar is offline  
Old
03-29-2014, 09:31 PM
  #364
Gomez91
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Where I want
Country: Canada
Posts: 506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
No team has ever led 4-1 with ten minutes left and been eliminated. It is the biggest choke job of all time.

Now you could try to argue that there were some teams who gave up a 3-1 series lead or whatever... but NO team has ever done what the Leafs did last year. At the very least it is arguably the biggest choke job ever and it is officially the biggest choke job for an elimination game.

Every team has dark times.

It's not just that they've lost. It's how they've lost. A sadist couldn't do any more to hurt their fans.
I agree but Boston is and was at that time favored and a very strong determined team. Toronto was holding on as a underdog to last that long anyway not to argue with you no one pegged Toronto as the favorite in that series over Boston last year so I have to say good they lasted that long.

Gomez91 is offline  
Old
03-29-2014, 09:31 PM
  #365
Lafleurs Guy
Global Moderator
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 44,183
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
There is no difference. Both teams have been crap for the last couple decades. Now, if we're going to talk about both franchises in their totality then the Habs come out on top, but I don't get Habs fans laguhing at the Leafs when we have been crap and just as inept... just like the leafs for the last couple decades.
There's a huge difference.

I've seen cups, watched great teams. Yeah, my team has been mostly mediocre to bad for the past 20 years but I've never had to sit through a decade without playoff hockey and then watch my team choke like that to get eliminated. And have that season sandwiched by two other huge choke jobs.

Anyways, folks can think whatever they want. I just look at that team and I've never seen a trainwreck like it. Just horrible.

Lafleurs Guy is online now  
Old
03-29-2014, 09:33 PM
  #366
BlackStar
Registered User
 
BlackStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,665
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
We got our ***** handed to us by Ottawa. What's the difference? Both losses were pathetic.
Seriously? I know longer find you annoying, just hilarious. Not even Leafs fans would agree with you. My goodness, you are something special.

BlackStar is offline  
Old
03-29-2014, 09:33 PM
  #367
Patccmoi
Registered User
 
Patccmoi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,413
vCash: 500
They went from 89% to 6.5% chances to make the playoffs on sportsclubstats in 2 weeks. This is absolutely crazy.

Patccmoi is offline  
Old
03-29-2014, 09:34 PM
  #368
Lafleurs Guy
Global Moderator
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 44,183
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomez91 View Post
I agree but Boston is and was at that time favored and a very strong determined team. Toronto was holding on as a underdog to last that long anyway not to argue with you no one pegged Toronto as the favorite in that series over Boston last year so I have to say good they lasted that long.
That's fair.

I doubt it dulls the pain for them though... I'm just sayin' man, I almost feel sorry for them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patccmoi View Post
They went from 89% to 6.5% chances to make the playoffs on sportsclubstats in 2 weeks. This is absolutely crazy.
And they did the same thing two years ago.

Lafleurs Guy is online now  
Old
03-29-2014, 09:36 PM
  #369
BlackStar
Registered User
 
BlackStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,665
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
There's a huge difference.

I've seen cups, watched great teams. Yeah, my team has been mostly mediocre to bad for the past 20 years but I've never had to sit through a decade without playoff hockey and then watch my team choke like that to get eliminated. And have that season sandwiched by two other huge choke jobs.

Anyways, folks can think whatever they want. I just look at that team and I've never seen a trainwreck like it. Just horrible.
This is how bad the Leafs are, folks. Lafleurs Guy seems to be glowing about the last 20 years of the Habs when he compares it to the Leafs failures over the past 5 decades.

BlackStar is offline  
Old
03-29-2014, 09:38 PM
  #370
Gomez91
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Where I want
Country: Canada
Posts: 506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackStar View Post
Anyone who compares the misery that is a Leafs fan to being a Habs fan may want to check themselves into a mental asylum. Look, it's so bad Habs fans are actually starting to feel bad for them.

I'm not one of those guys though, I am enjoying this, immensely. This is just a fantastic time to be a Habs fan, especially one who lives in the Greater Toronto Area.
I would enjoy immensely that Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver all made the playoffs more so then anything

Gomez91 is offline  
Old
03-29-2014, 09:39 PM
  #371
shutehinside
Registered User
 
shutehinside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,249
vCash: 500
If not for the shortened season last year, the Leafs likely wouldn't have made the playoffs either as they were sliding and made it in by the skin of their teeth.

Everything about this team is bad from the top on down. All that makes me very, very happy.

shutehinside is online now  
Old
03-29-2014, 09:40 PM
  #372
BlackStar
Registered User
 
BlackStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,665
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomez91 View Post
I would enjoy immensely that Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver all made the playoffs more so then anything
Hey, you forgot to add Boston.

BlackStar is offline  
Old
03-29-2014, 09:43 PM
  #373
JuJu Mobb
Registered User
 
JuJu Mobb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 728
vCash: 500
#FireCarlyle

JuJu Mobb is offline  
Old
03-29-2014, 09:47 PM
  #374
Gomez91
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Where I want
Country: Canada
Posts: 506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackStar View Post
Hey, you forgot to add Boston.
Why is that your favorite team lol

Gomez91 is offline  
Old
03-29-2014, 09:50 PM
  #375
JuJu Mobb
Registered User
 
JuJu Mobb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 728
vCash: 500
Pete LaViolette would be a good fit for the Leafs, imo...

JuJu Mobb is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:53 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.