HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#73|New York Islanders @ Tampa Bay Lightning | March 27th 7:30 PM | F/SOL 3-2

Old
03-28-2014, 11:11 AM
islandermaniac

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptDenisPotvin View Post
Bailey s shootout "attempt" sums up his whole career...a flub
My goodness that was a poor attempt...he hasn't earned the right to be so cheeky in a shootout...Frans Nielsen? Sure. Josh bailey? Not on your life. That kid still hasn't figured out how to just bare down and get things done the old fashioned way... Grit it out. Gut out it. Grind it out. Tough it out. How does that translate for a shootout? Shoot the damn puck like you mean it!!!!! When will someone in this organization grab him by the scruff of the neck and tell him to straighten up? Yuck...what an awful play...

islandermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2014, 12:14 PM
iLandHer

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandermaniac View Post
My goodness that was a poor attempt...he hasn't earned the right to be so cheeky in a shootout...Frans Nielsen? Sure. Josh bailey? Not on your life. That kid still hasn't figured out how to just bare down and get things done the old fashioned way... Grit it out. Gut out it. Grind it out. Tough it out. How does that translate for a shootout? Shoot the damn puck like you mean it!!!!! When will someone in this organization grab him by the scruff of the neck and tell him to straighten up? Yuck...what an awful play...
He should've just went down there and plowed into the goalie to show everyone he's a tough S.O.B. and then growled at the crowd and referees!

Seriously. His move was premeditated and he lost. You don't have to rifle the puck through the 5-hole guys, plenty of players slide it nice and light on through. I don't think he should've done that move, because it doesn't give him options, but the shot wasn't horrible by any stretch. I'm annoyed he was selected that early and that was the move he chose.

iLandHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2014, 02:06 PM
redbull
BeLIeve in miracles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptDenisPotvin View Post
Bailey s shootout "attempt" sums up his whole career...a flub
Capuano had him with the wrong linemates.

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2014, 03:54 PM
islandermaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLandHer View Post
He should've just went down there and plowed into the goalie to show everyone he's a tough S.O.B. and then growled at the crowd and referees!

Seriously. His move was premeditated and he lost. You don't have to rifle the puck through the 5-hole guys, plenty of players slide it nice and light on through. I don't think he should've done that move, because it doesn't give him options, but the shot wasn't horrible by any stretch. I'm annoyed he was selected that early and that was the move he chose.
exaggerate much?

i'll disagree with regards to his move. that move WAS horrible. if he had ever proven himself, EVER, one could let him slide...but he hasn't. he has seemingly refused to simplify his game which could likely make him a successful nhl player rather than a sub-standard one. that shootout "move" was symptomatic of his overall game approach...too complicated. his mantra should be, "keep it simple, stupid."

islandermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2014, 04:22 PM
KasparsHipCheck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeland Security View Post
https://twitter.com/ehornick/status/449406475547717632

See that tweet. It explains it. According to Eric, it is legal.
Thanks for the explaination. I watched replays of the move a few more times, and according to the rule it is a legit goal. I just really don't care for the Spin-o-rama, since the inception of the SO. If it happens in a game a la the "Savardian Spinorama", then I think its awesome throwback highlight, akin to the Forsberg move that a lot of guys pull in the SO.

KasparsHipCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2014, 06:25 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

Quote:
Originally Posted by KasparsHipCheck View Post
Thanks for the explaination. I watched replays of the move a few more times, and according to the rule it is a legit goal. I just really don't care for the Spin-o-rama, since the inception of the SO. If it happens in a game a la the "Savardian Spinorama", then I think its awesome throwback highlight, akin to the Forsberg move that a lot of guys pull in the SO.
No problem.

03-29-2014, 02:34 PM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

How did Persson play?

TheFatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2014, 02:36 PM
iLandHer

Quote: