HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How will Radivojevic perform?

Closed Thread

Old
08-08-2005, 08:46 PM
Buumbaclat22

vCash: 500
How will Radivojevic perform?

Do u think radivojevic will be able to grab this opportunity and finally break-out, or will he bust and be played on the 4th line?

Does he have the talent to become a very good top2 line player?

And who will u compare him to? Ive heard Jere Lehtinen, but that sounds like a stretch...

Old
08-08-2005, 09:06 PM
phlacheesesteak

i dont think this year will be a bust or breakout for radio. i see him maybe scoring areound 40 pts this year. But mainly i think he'll either be used as a checker or second liner, i dont see branko playing 1st line right now, but then again he has more experience than Carter and he seems like that type of forward Hitch likes so i could be wrong...For some reason i just feel Branko will be most effective using his defensive/checking skills rather than working with pure playmakers and scorers on the 1st line. Dont quite understand why i feel this way, its just my first instinct/reaction as to how he will be utilized this year.

Old
08-08-2005, 09:46 PM
Brad*

At this point, he'll likely get a chance on the 2nd line with Handzus. That's a perfect situation to show what you've got.

Old
08-08-2005, 10:28 PM
Lord ZipLock

I think 20-25 goals and around 30 assists are not out of the question, and the 55ish points would be a good year for him.

Old
08-08-2005, 10:40 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Radivojevic definetaly has the talent and potential the question is will he get the ice time. He is a very talented player who can play both ways and he doesn't quit, he'll do a lot of dirty work, I really beleive with Hitchcock as his coach within the next year or two he can become an impact player much like he made Jere Lehtinen. The question will be is if the team has enough faith in him.

Old
08-08-2005, 10:41 PM
Brad*

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
Radivojevic definetaly has the talent and potential the question is will he get the ice time. He is a very talented player who can play both ways and he doesn't quit, he'll do a lot of dirty work, I really beleive with Hitchcock as his coach within the next year or two he can become an impact player much like he made Jere Lehtinen. The question will be is if the team has enough faith in him.
I've heard people say this about him before.

Was he drafted as that type of player, and why didn't he get that chance in Phoenix?

Old
08-08-2005, 11:28 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad

Was he drafted as that type of player, and why didn't he get that chance in Phoenix?
He was drafted in the third round and was expected to have good offensive potential, but if you look at his stats he is more of an assist man than finsiher. He has only played two full seasons in the NHL, mostly on the 3rd line in Phoenix cause he was behind Shane Doan and Mike Johnson. I dont think he would ever be a star but he could be a good 20goal 40assit guy if he is with the right players. He goes to the net, is agressive in the corners, good in his own end. I think he could be a solid 2nd line RW which is what we need.

Lets wait and see.

Old
08-09-2005, 12:02 PM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr
He was drafted in the third round and was expected to have good offensive potential, but if you look at his stats he is more of an assist man than finsiher. He has only played two full seasons in the NHL, mostly on the 3rd line in Phoenix cause he was behind Shane Doan and Mike Johnson. I dont think he would ever be a star but he could be a good 20goal 40assit guy if he is with the right players. He goes to the net, is agressive in the corners, good in his own end. I think he could be a solid 2nd line RW which is what we need.

Lets wait and see.
Branko has some skill, but he's more of a hard working grinder than a finesse, scoring winger. I'm not sure he has the touch to be a 2nd line scoring winger. I hope he does, because we need one.

Old
08-09-2005, 12:58 PM
MojoJojo

Radio might well be due for a breakout. He is a nice player with a great skill set, but has never gotten the ice time or team mates to really shine. Not that he will be playing with Forsberg, but I can certainly see him playing next to Handzus and maybe Sharp or Richards converted to wing. He has the skills to be a decent 1/2 ppg guy who's good in his own end. I still dont see him getting PP or PK time though, which will hurt his numbers.

Old
08-09-2005, 07:46 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:

Because Phoenix is being run by idiots.

Old
08-09-2005, 07:55 PM
Brad*

Quote:
Yeah that Wayne Gretzky is a real tard.

Old
08-09-2005, 08:20 PM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
Ben Eager, Blake Wheeler.....

Old
08-09-2005, 08:24 PM
Dr Love

Quote:
What have they done since he took over to make one think that Phoenix is not run by idiots? Just because Wayne was the greatest ever on the ice doesn't mean he'll be even compitent in the front office. Countless great players were piss-poor in managerial roles.

Old
08-09-2005, 08:27 PM
Brad*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Love
What have they done since he took over to make one think that Phoenix is not run by idiots? Just because Wayne was the greatest ever on the ice doesn't mean he'll be even compitent in the front office. Countless great players were piss-poor in managerial roles.
Hey, look over there!

*runs away*

Old
08-09-2005, 10:46 PM
Cuiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord ZipLock
I think 20-25 goals and around 30 assists are not out of the question, and the 55ish points would be a good year for him.

For who? Branko?

Old
08-09-2005, 11:08 PM
King Fish

It will be interesting to see where he gets the ice time from. Our guess is that Carter will be on Forsberg's right side so that leaves three spots on the right for Knuble, Sharp, and Stevenson. He could fit on the left with Handzus as we have Gagne, Kapanen, and Brashear at LW. I would rather see Sharp on the right side and move Radio to the LW.

NO ORDER...
Gagne - Forsberg - Carter
Radio - Handzus - Sharp
Brashear - Richards - Stevenson
Kapanen - Primeau - Knuble

Again I can't stand seeing Richards with those two but he needs to stay at center.

Old
08-09-2005, 11:11 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
If Branko pops in 20 this season I'll be more than happy.

Old
08-09-2005, 11:12 PM
Brad*

Knuble is better utilized as a scorer. I don't think it would be a good decision to put him with Primeau and Kapanen, who are more defensively oriented.

Old
08-09-2005, 11:15 PM
Lionheart

Quote:
I'd say Colorado letting him walk as an UFA a couple years ago is worse

Old
08-09-2005, 11:17 PM
Gert B Frobe

I think he'll get more time this year. He's a high energy guy and he's young - he'll play a lot better with a little more time. I'd love to see him play consistently with Primeau but I'm sure Hitch will move everybody around quite a bit.

The only certainties IMO are Primeau with Kapanen, Forsberg with Gagne. After that who the heck knows? I just hope Brashear is gone..

Old
08-10-2005, 08:11 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Knuble is better utilized as a scorer. I don't think it would be a good decision to put him with Primeau and Kapanen, who are more defensively oriented.
Yes and he plays better at LW which he has played the last few years in Boston. Although, depending on Carter's performance, I can see Knuble getting some time on the RW with Gagne Forsberg to go into the corners and do the dirty work.

Old
08-10-2005, 11:32 PM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

I'd be happy if Branko Radioactivus got 15 goals and 20 assists.

Old
08-10-2005, 11:35 PM
mercury

I think Radio can get 20-20-40 on a line with Knuble and Handzus.

Old
08-11-2005, 09:06 AM
Cuiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panasonic Youth
If Branko pops in 20 this season I'll be more than happy.

Happy, I'll look for the sky to fall. Ok, I am over doing it. 20 is possible for Radio but very............very.............. unlikely!

Old
08-11-2005, 11:43 AM
PRB

All teams need players like Branko. I think he'll play a third line wing role and do it well. Maybe 15+30=45pts for a season will be what he'll get and if that is what his numbers turn out to be then I'll be happy with that. Think he'll play with Richards and Handzus, maybe Primeau.

Closed Thread