HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canadiens' plan: A succes so far!

Old
04-15-2014, 03:33 PM
GoHabsGo312711*

vCash: 500
Canadiens' plan: A succes so far!

Montreal have weapon for the upcoming playoffs... PK Subban!

Remember when he could do anything he wanted during regular season? That's a good way to receive way too much attention on yourself. That's why MT never talks positive about him, shelters him, doesn't want him to do all by himself. Therrien simply waits for the important games to happen, when making a spectacular play while using a unique skillset truly matters.

The Canadiens organisation has a plan with Subban, they want him to be their best skater out there during the playoffs. They'll never claim it though, they let him stick to that 'no. 3 offensive d-man' reputation so other teams will treat him like it was the case.

Remember back in the days when Michel Therrien was with L'Antichambre and they talked about how his experience with the medias would help him during his NHL career as a coach. Well that's true, Therrien makes you forget about what it takes to neutralize Subban while we're all wondering what should it take to fix Subban's game.

Therrien doesn't hate offensive talent, he knows how to judge talent and he noticed what were the upsides with Subban. He saw it, like you and me, Subban is a game breaker, a generationnal d-man when he's on.

Thing is, is it a good idea for Subban to be the best player of both teams for 82 games, to play against top lines every games, to receive cheapshots cause he makes too much noise and to show the entire world he can dangle anybody? Will he get tired once playoffs happen? The answer is yes, and denying it would be laughable.

We all would like to see Subban play +25 minutes a game for 82 regualar season, but that is just a waste when we could let d-men like Murray, Bouillon, Weaver play for their careers, giving it all every night, instead of him. And once the first 82 games are over, once the real season starts, we can unleash the beast, the great PK Subban will do his damage when it matter the most. What's wrong with having a franchise d-man 100% for the playoffs? As far as I know, not playing Subban +25 mins during the playoffs would be a stupid coaching decision, not during regular season. For that, kudos to the coachign staff.

Still don't believe me? Ok, you probably think the situation is way worse than it actually is. How about that time when Subban complained to the media because he was unhappy... never happened? hmm, how about that time when he publicly talked about his contract... no? Well he still is arrogant and cocky, always bringing how talented he is, right?

No! The fact is PK Subban is a team player, can't denie it. He is happy in Montreal, always has good things to say about the coaching staff, active in the community, and he never complains because he believes in himself.

This is where people started to bring ******** in Subban's case. He had to adapt to a new type of game, the one where he can't make noise, can't have the spotlights on him, yet.

Of course he struggled at the start, no ****, it's so far from being his role. That's not a reason to think he has attitude problems, relationship problems with the coach and he wants out. What it can show is that his stuggles are due to the fact that he doesn't fully undertsand his role yet, that's it. But guess what, practice makes perfect.

Now don't start worrying that we will never see a dominant Subban again in regular season. My theory is that Subban's statut will evolve at the same time as he signs his next contract, a major one. By accepting a low-balled offer by MB, Subban also accepted that he was not a veteran yet and he still needed help to developp. Not saying I agree with this, that's just a fact.

Subban will play like he can during the playoffs, take his opponements by surprise, sign his big contract and be the no. 1 d-man of this team for years to come while Markov will slowly become a no. 2, no. 3, whatever he becomes after his next contract.

This, ladies and gentlements, was the plan of the Montreal Canadiens during the 2013-14 season. They know how Subban can be dominant, they just take advantage everything they can to bring the best out of this team. In this case, it was Subban's statut coming with a cheap contract, making people believe what they wanted with the help of the media. And that is a sign of a well managed team, kudos to MB.

I will just leave a personnal opinion ITT: We love Subban too much, but really! The guy has the best skills we've seen in a long time, it's normal to want more
Now, let's enjoy the playoffs. Go Habs Go!

Last edited by GoHabsGo312711*: 04-15-2014 at 03:44 PM.
GoHabsGo312711* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2014, 03:45 PM
PricePkPatch*

A cunning plan. They will never see it coming.

Clearly, we are more dangerous than we thought.

PricePkPatch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2014, 03:50 PM
j52

Is that a "t" or an "!" in the header?

j52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2014, 03:59 PM
Saundies

You know this whole "plan" you thought up goes out the window when Subban only plays 17 minutes in game one

Saundies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2014, 04:02 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saundies View Post
You know this whole "plan" you thought up goes out the window when Subban only plays 17 minutes in game one
That's to throw off the Lightning from figuring out that actual plan which will be implemented in game 2 or 3.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2014, 04:21 PM
Rock On

MT > Alexander the Great > Napoleon

Rock On is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2014, 04:46 PM
HABS win CUPS*

HABS win CUPS* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2014, 04:49 PM
Johnny Budwick

Last edited by Johnny Budwick: 04-15-2014 at 05:24 PM.
Johnny Budwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2014, 11:28 PM
leopod

Call me crazy or naive, but I adhere to OP's theory about Subban (with a lot of wishful thinking as well...). The disappearance of Subban has been too drastic yet all media and fans saw was controversy, bad coaching , Subban's liability in defense and sudden loss of offensive power mostly due to declining point firepower in powerplays. I like to believe after a crazy start by Subban and Markov, management did actually put him on a leash but didn't hide the big picture to him. "Keep calm and wait for the playoffs, we are getting there, let the other guys do the plays..." Not easy to say and execute, just like telling a boxer to run around in the ring without throwing any punches, but in the end, the knock-out promises to be oh so surprising and dramatic... I also believe Stefan Waite was the mastermind of this plan...

leopod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2014, 12:39 AM
SquiddFX
#Seanski

What the heck was OP smoking and where can I get some? You know, for science.

SquiddFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2014, 06:12 AM
GeorgeLebay

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopod View Post
I also believe Stefan Waite was the mastermind of this plan...

GeorgeLebay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2014, 06:23 AM
ThaDevilGirl

Is Therrien really this smart? I don't think so.

ThaDevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2014, 07:47 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquiddFX View Post
What the heck was OP smoking and where can I get some? You know, for science.
You've just put into words the giant '?' That's on my face right now... Op: where'd you get that ****, don't be selfish, pass dat **** brah

Last edited by MasterDecoy: 04-16-2014 at 07:55 AM.
MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2014, 11:19 PM
Habs13

Welp! Subban played more than 25 minutes tonight.... OP is on to something!

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2014, 12:40 AM
HabsProspectsExpert
Artturi Lehkonen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13 View Post
Welp! Subban played more than 25 minutes tonight.... OP is on to something!

Subban was already the 17th highest time on the ice per game in the entire NHL during the regular season... Tonight, he played less than Markov and Gorges... Yes he played 25+ minutes, but there was almost a full period of overtime... This theory make no sense. Anyway, it's not like making the playoff was so easy to achieve for us that we had the luxury to let on the bench one of our best player to keep him fresh for the playoff... Anyway, Subban has plenty of energy, why not bench instead the old Andrei Markov...
You play every game to win.

Maybe Therrien had the order from MB to never praise Subban and criticize his mistakes to make his value plummet (but this wouldn't be very honest and loyal, I doubt MB would have this approach), otherwise all the master-plan the OP is talking about make no sense and his exaggerated.

Last edited by HabsProspectsExpert: 04-17-2014 at 02:07 AM.
HabsProspectsExpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2014, 01:44 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Played 30. Guess it was the plan after all

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote