HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

David Desharnais Discussions - Part III - Montreal's Masterton nominee

Closed Thread

Old
04-08-2014, 09:44 AM
PKtrollban
PK for Norris

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
scotty bowman just praised him on HC@noon. "good line! this david desjarnais (sic), the guy that was much maligned, but er, in montreal at the beginning of the season. he's a good centerman, he's on the puck, he's strong - he's not very tall, but he's strong physically [...]"

is he a moron?
Can't wait to see what is going to be said to contradict Bowman's quote by the naysayers in this thread.

Credit where it is due folks !

Old
04-08-2014, 09:50 AM
Teufelsdreck

Will someone explain why Desharnais has a chance to win this award.

Old
04-08-2014, 09:53 AM
JAVO16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmurfsFTW View Post
Can't wait to see what is going to be said to contradict Bowman's quote by the naysayers in this thread.

Credit where it is due folks !
I once beat DD at an arm-wrestling contest. Ergo, Bowman is wrong in every aspect of his analysis.

Old
04-08-2014, 11:56 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
He doesn't.

Old
04-08-2014, 12:09 PM
InglewoodJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Better chance than any other hab

Old
04-08-2014, 12:13 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24get View Post
Just was looking at some stats here.
I was looking for defensive pairing but it hit me in the face...

In his slump DD played with:
  • Pacioretty-DD-Brière: 6 games;
  • Bourque-DD-Leblanc: 3 games;
  • Pacioretty-DD-Bourque: 3 games;
  • Moen-DD-Bourque: 4 games;
  • Bournival-DD-Bourque: 3 games;
  • Bourque-DD-Briere: 2 games;
  • Bourque-DD-Prust: 1 game;
  • Prust-DD-Briere: 2 games;
  • Bourque-DD-Gionta: 1 game.

I do understand that he was played with Patches for 9 games (half of those games).
But besides that, the other players on his line were: Bourque, Leblanc, Moen, Bournival, Briere, Gionta and Prust.
I do not see a top-6 among those players: does anyone sees top-6?

So basically, half of the games during his slump he had one top-6 (Pacioretty of course).

If you repeat a lie enough time, it becomes the truth.
Truth is, DD was playing with Patches during his slump (only half of the games - sometimes only part of those 9 games) but he also played with a lot of third line players.

Now, you are a coach and you have DD that can produce 50+ points.
Are you trying to help him go through his slump or are you sending him to Hamilton?

I have highlighted top-6 players...

It feels like I have just kicked those DD haters in the ball so hard...
How much did we pay for him: 3.5M?
And last season: SCap was 875K?
Riddikulus
So DD needs to play with a 40 goal scorer in order to produce. Got ya.

Old
04-08-2014, 12:17 PM
JAVO16

In that span, Bourque was stapled on his wing and Bourque is a boat anchor for any center.

Old
04-08-2014, 12:19 PM
hockeyfan2k11

People keep looking at DD the player and not how he works with the team. We are too small. If we are keeping Gionta and Gallagher, having DD, Briere and Pleks as forwards all playing in the top 9 is very scary. OK. Team is not built to sustain having DD as the top line center and being played the way he has been. It's not whether you like him or not. It's just not sustainable. In a perfect world, DD would be on the 2nd line and our smaller forwards would grow an extra 5 inches and 25 lbs.

Old
04-08-2014, 12:21 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
Hmm prob not because the phrase "clumsy firefighters" returns a grand total of 9 Google hits and one of them is your comment! So it's not an internet thing. Maybe you dreamed of birds with hoses. People do that.
Well, if it had been shopped, then it wouldn't return any hits on google.

Also, the clumsy firefighters thing is way too clever for me. I must have picked that up somewhere..

Old
04-08-2014, 12:21 PM
Forsead

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
Better chance than any other hab
Markov would have been a better choice IMO.

Old
04-08-2014, 12:34 PM
Sorinth

Quote:
Just was looking at some stats here.
I was looking for defensive pairing but it hit me in the face...

In his slump DD played with:
  • Pacioretty-DD-Brière: 6 games;
  • Bourque-DD-Leblanc: 3 games;
  • Pacioretty-DD-Bourque: 3 games;
  • Moen-DD-Bourque: 4 games;
  • Bournival-DD-Bourque: 3 games;
  • Bourque-DD-Briere: 2 games;
  • Bourque-DD-Prust: 1 game;
  • Prust-DD-Briere: 2 games;
  • Bourque-DD-Gionta: 1 game.

I do understand that he was played with Patches for 9 games (half of those games).
But besides that, the other players on his line were: Bourque, Leblanc, Moen, Bournival, Briere, Gionta and Prust.
I do not see a top-6 among those players: does anyone sees top-6?

So basically, half of the games during his slump he had one top-6 (Pacioretty of course).

If you repeat a lie enough time, it becomes the truth.
Truth is, DD was playing with Patches during his slump (only half of the games - sometimes only part of those 9 games) but he also played with a lot of third line players.

Now, you are a coach and you have DD that can produce 50+ points.
Are you trying to help him go through his slump or are you sending him to Hamilton?

I have highlighted top-6 players...

How much did we pay for him: 3.5M?
And last season: SCap was 875K?
Riddikulus
So basically playing without TWO top-6 wingers is a valid excuse for Desharnais not too produce, but when it comes to Eller/Plekanec it's No Excuses.

At the end of the day Bourque/Briere might not be great top-6 forwards but they still have offensive talent and when Plekanec has those guys he still produces. Eller has in the past produced with those types of players as well.

You may think you have kicked the DD haters in the balls but in reality you've just shot yourself in the foot. You've shown DD needs the an ideal situation to be productive, and outside of the ideal he's useless. That's a reason to get rid of him not to keep him.

Old
04-08-2014, 12:45 PM
Sorinth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
scotty bowman just praised him on HC@noon. "good line! this david desjarnais (sic), the guy that was much maligned, but er, in montreal at the beginning of the season. he's a good centerman, he's on the puck, he's strong - he's not very tall, but he's strong physically [...]"

is he a moron?
First off, I doubt Bowman is going to criticize a guy he barely knows for no reason. Did Bowman even bring it up himself or was he asked about DD and his line? Because if he's asked about the line of course he's going to say some positive things.

There are very few people who think DD is falt-out terrible, most "haters" think we have better options.

Old
04-08-2014, 12:48 PM
PKtrollban
PK for Norris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorinth View Post
So basically playing without TWO top-6 wingers is a valid excuse for Desharnais not too produce, but when it comes to Eller/Plekanec it's No Excuses.

At the end of the day Bourque/Briere might not be great top-6 forwards but they still have offensive talent and when Plekanec has those guys he still produces. Eller has in the past produced with those types of players as well.

You may think you have kicked the DD haters in the balls but in reality you've just shot yourself in the foot. You've shown DD needs the an ideal situation to be productive, and outside of the ideal he's useless. That's a reason to get rid of him not to keep him.
So, get rid of DD because he's having chemistry with our best wingers is your point ? He's so useless that this line is carrying the Habs with home ice advantage in the Playoffs. But wait we'd better be breaking that line up, put DD in the pressbox because of size and hope Eller, Plek and Galchenyuk could end up doing as good or better than DD. That **** makes a lot of sense !

This isn't NHL 14 damnit. You guys seem to know how to run an NHL team, #firetherrien, Subban is being mismanaged (and doesn't actually play worse than when he first came up in the NHL), DD sucks although the organisation and other hockey brains think he's a good player. MT is a good coach that puts accountability high on priority list and then gets critiscized for enforcing it. When you look at stats and standings, you guys come off like complete idiots.

Without DD this team wouldn't be as good as it is right now. Book it.

Last edited by PKtrollban: 04-08-2014 at 12:54 PM.
Old
04-08-2014, 12:51 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
It also feels like you haven't done the same level of "analysis" to figure out that, during DD's slump, Plekanec was at least somewhat productive beside those very same guys (scoring logs from mid-October to late-November include multiple instances of the names Bourque, Bournival, Gionta, even Prust).

Old
04-08-2014, 12:58 PM
PKtrollban
PK for Norris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorinth View Post
First off, I doubt Bowman is going to criticize a guy he barely knows for no reason. Did Bowman even bring it up himself or was he asked about DD and his line? Because if he's asked about the line of course he's going to say some positive things.

There are very few people who think DD is falt-out terrible, most "haters" think we have better options.
Who is the better options ? Galchenyuk ? Plekanec ? So you replace a guy that produces with a BIG QUESTION MARK, one that could be better but also, could be worse. Logic says you're weakening the team if you change what's working. Don't fix when it's not broken.

Bowman is aware of who DD is and how he's been playing this year, who knows, he was maybe on the trading block for a while (no market for him, for sure he had 0 points in 20 games lol). GMs / pro scouts know who's doing well and who's not. And LOL if you think Bowman dosen't follow what's happening in Mtl. The entire NHL knows that the DD line is hot. The entire NHL knows that the DD line has been hot even before Vanek's acquisition. Only you people think we could insert any plug in DD's spot and he'd be getting 60+ points. That's so untrue. Learn how important chemistry is in ice hockey then come back to me. Since Vanek arrived I've almost never seen a line clicking like that for the Habs. It's beautiful, inspired, playmaking by Vanek and DD and Pac finishes. The fact that Vanek can finish too is icing on the cake. This line creates gift wrapped chances that peewees could bury, because they instinctively know where their teammates are going to be.

Ohh well, hater's gonna hate I guess.

Last edited by PKtrollban: 04-08-2014 at 01:10 PM.
Old
04-08-2014, 01:37 PM
SouthernHab
jak się masz

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
So DD needs to play with a 40 goal scorer in order to produce. Got ya.
Just like PK Subban needs a top line DMan paired with him to be successful, right?

Bouillon's fault. Murray's fault. etc and so on.

Old
04-08-2014, 01:43 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Just like PK Subban needs a top line DMan paired with him to be successful, right?

Bouillon's fault. Murray's fault. etc and so on.

Who said PK needs to play with a top line dman to be successful. WHO? NAME NAMES and provide QUOTES! If you're going to just make things up out of thin air and regurgitate hyperbole, then just don't bother replying to my posts.

Old
04-08-2014, 01:49 PM
SouthernHab
jak się masz

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
Who said PK needs to play with a top line dman to be successful. WHO? NAME NAMES and provide QUOTES! If you're going to just make things up out of thin air and regurgitate hyperbole, then just don't bother replying to my posts.

I am not going to post quotes from other posters here.

Just read some of the Subban threads and the GDTs for your answer.

Old
04-08-2014, 01:50 PM
Sorinth

Quote:
So, get rid of DD because he's having chemistry with our best wingers is your point ? He's so useless that this line is carrying the Habs with home ice advantage in the Playoffs. But wait we'd better be breaking that line up, put DD in the pressbox because of size and hope Eller, Plek and Galchenyuk could end up doing as good or better than DD. That **** makes a lot of sense !

Try actually reading the post before going off the deep end. The post I responded to was about DD's slump, so yes 1pt in 19 games when offence is the only thing you bring to the table is useless.

Quote:
This isn't NHL 14 damnit. You guys seem to know how to run an NHL team, #firetherrien, Subban is being mismanaged (and doesn't actually play worse than when he first came up in the NHL), DD sucks although the organisation and other hockey brains think he's a good player. MT is a good coach that puts accountability high on priority list and then gets critiscized for enforcing it. When you look at stats and standings, you guys come off like complete idiots.

Without DD this team wouldn't be as good as it is right now. Book it.
And I suppose you know how to run an NHL team?

And what's with those examples. That's just terrible.

A Norris trophy winner regressing to his rookie year level of play is a problem.
DD was untradeable according to Lebrun, so who are the hockey brains that want him
MT believes in accountability which is why DD gets the teams best wingers after putting up 1 point in 19 games, it's why the PP has cratered since DD got the majority of the PP minutes yet we keep sending him out there, it's why Briere is able to score alongside Plekanec but centers the 4th line the next game, it's why Subban makes a mistake and is benched yet Bouillon can make tons of mistakes and gets more TOI. Yup it's all accountability.

And the expression Book it, is for predictions, your not making a prediction saying we wouldn't be as good right now without DD.

Old
04-08-2014, 02:13 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
I am not going to post quotes from other posters here.

Just read some of the Subban threads and the GDTs for your answer.
Mostly because they don't exist.

Old
04-08-2014, 02:19 PM
SouthernHab
jak się masz

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Mostly because they don't exist.
You don't see the posts complaining that Subban has to play with Bouillon and that hurts Subban's game?

Like I said earlier, no need for me to quote them here.

Old
04-08-2014, 02:21 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
You don't see the posts complaining that Subban has to play with Bouillon and that hurts Subban's game?

Well, we all have the choice to either make it about Subban, or notice that the complaints really distill down to Bouillon playing with anybody.

Old
04-08-2014, 02:21 PM
Sorinth

Quote:
Who is the better options ? Galchenyuk ? Plekanec ? So you replace a guy that produces with a BIG QUESTION MARK, one that could be better but also, could be worse. Logic says you're weakening the team if you change what's working. Don't fix when it's not broken.
Plekanec is a question mark? He's consistently been one of our most productive players for the past 5 years or so. There's no question Plekanec is better than DD.

As for Galchenyuk, he's averaged 34.4 ES points a season, over the same time frame DD has 38.3. Not much different when you consider one guy with the teams best wingers and best ES producers and the other guy spends half his time with a grinder and not in his natural position.

Quote:
Bowman is aware of who DD is and how he's been playing this year, who knows, he was maybe on the trading block for a while (no market for him, for sure he had 0 points in 20 games lol). GMs / pro scouts know who's doing well and who's not. And LOL if you think Bowman dosen't follow what's happening in Mtl. The entire NHL knows that the DD line is hot. The entire NHL knows that the DD line has been hot even before Vanek's acquisition. Only you people think we could insert any plug in DD's spot and he'd be getting 60+ points. That's so untrue. Learn how important chemistry is in ice hockey then come back to me. Since Vanek arrived I've almost never seen a line clicking like that for the Habs. It's beautiful, inspired, playmaking by Vanek and DD and Pac finishes. The fact that Vanek can finish too is icing on the cake. This line creates gift wrapped chances that peewees could bury, because they instinctively know where their teammates are going to be.

Ohh well, hater's gonna hate I guess.
There's a difference between knowing who someone is and knowing the person. Most people are going to criticize someone they've never met.

Is Galchenyuk any old plug?

Old
04-08-2014, 02:24 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:

You're equating people saying that Bouillon drags subban down to people saying that he needs to play with top end NHler's to look good? Do you honestly not see how those two things aren't even close, or are you doing it on purpose? Bouillon is sub-nhl quality at this point. He'll make anybody look worse. Playing with better players makes anybody look better.

This isn't rocket science.

And holy ****, this is the DD thread. No more subban talk.

Old
04-08-2014, 02:34 PM
djpass

Quote:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...=#post82847101

See Post #158 as an example. No Bouillon & .....drum roll....no Tinordi. I'm sure Murray has to be included in there then....

Closed Thread