HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

It wasn't pretty but... Habs win 4-1

Old
03-29-2014, 08:53 PM
Beige Van

vCash: 1600
Gotta say, I am more pumped for the playoffs then even the 1st place conference finish a few years back. Vanek has been an absolute boss!

Beige Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2014, 08:53 PM
MarkovsKnee

vCash: 500
Not a great game but a win is a win. Price was solid and we haven't had a line like Patches - DD - Vanek in a long time. They are playing so well together. It would be nice if Patches could get to 40, Vanek 30 and DD 20 goals.

MarkovsKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2014, 08:56 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 50
Nonis is heading to the locker room!

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2014, 08:56 PM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrham15 View Post
I've been first all year. Vanek and patch have just put me up 200 points on my opponent.
I dropped Vanek for underperforming

Bring_Bak_Damphousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2014, 08:57 PM
kassian
Emelin's face plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post

I am still trying to figure out how Carlyle could've found this celebration offensive.

Well, you won't have to suffer through anymore celebrations, Randy! Unless it's on the golf course, obviously.

kassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2014, 08:57 PM
King Niinimaa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrham15 View Post
I've been first all year. Vanek and patch have just put me up 200 points on my opponent.
I ****ed up big time with my goaltenders and lost Tavares. Hope he keeps it up to the end. Shouldn't be too concerned based on what I've seen this far.

King Niinimaa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2014, 08:58 PM
Habsawce

Damien CoxVerified account
‏@DamoSpin
Corsi crowd now thoroughly deflated. Predictions of impending doom not even close. Abacus needs sharpening.

Feb 8

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2014, 08:59 PM
dutchy29

I know this is beating a dead horse, but its Hockey night in Canada, post game was all about how resilient the Detroit Red Wings have been, Don does a little sub-plot about Helm, from Detroit. For some reason Don feels like criticizing Babcock with a little jab about not covering the points. They don't even the mention the Leafs because they are embarrassing. And probably the only Canadian team who will make the playoffs and is currently on a huge 5 game winning streak and what is mentioned....nothing, except an interview with Carey. WOW you guys are f$#@ed.

dutchy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkovsKnee View Post
Not a great game but a win is a win. Price was solid and we haven't had a line like Patches - DD - Vanek in a long time. They are playing so well together. It would be nice if Patches could get to 40, Vanek 30 and DD 20 goals.
We had Patches, DD, Cole.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NinetyThree24

Habs win, Leafs lose, what else is new
Max-DD-Vanek are on fire, team is rolling. Nice change from last year when we limped in to the playoffs

NinetyThree24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2014, 09:01 PM
Harpo
Lyle forever

So the only way that we don't meet Tampa is if the Red Wings catches one of us before the end of the season. They're 9 points behind TB and 11 behind us, with 8 games to play. Can we start a thread on this series yet, or would it be a jinx?

Harpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2014, 09:02 PM
Lemons

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchy29 View Post
I know this is beating a dead horse, but its Hockey night in Canada, post game was all about how resilient the Detroit Red Wings have been, Don does a little sub-plot about Helm, from Detroit. For some reason Don feels like criticizing Babcock with a little jab about not covering the points. They don't even the mention the Leafs because they are embarrassing. And probably the only Canadian team who will make the playoffs and is currently on a huge 5 game winning streak and what is mentioned....nothing, except an interview with Carey. WOW you guys are f$#@ed.
I moved to toronto a year ago from montreal. Simply put, the media here blatantly ignores the anything revolving around the montreal canadiens. It's obvious and i'm speaking as objectively as possible.

Lemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2014, 09:03 PM
Bardown warrior

Quote:
Leafs losing streak 8 in a row in regulation. I think the longest they have had in a decade.
1985 to be exact

Bardown warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2014, 09:04 PM
CH25
Fire JJD

Quote:
Who cares? Let them do their thing... Stick to RDS.

CH25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
groovejuice

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinetyThree24 View Post
Habs win, Leafs lose, what else is new
Max-DD-Vanek are on fire, team is rolling. Nice change from last year when we limped in to the playoffs
Winning is great, and obviously important, but this team is not playing playoff hockey. Far from it actually. I'm more than a bit concerned.

groovejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sandysan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kassian View Post
This is DD:
Too tall, can you photoshop?

sandysan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2014, 09:05 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Man, how's it feel to have not one but TWO legit first line forwards for a change? Vanek and Patch... just sweet. Hopefully we can re-sign Vanek. And I'd really like to see Galchenyuk centering one or both of these guys next year to bring him along.
Nice avatar.

They have the look of champs.

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2014, 09:05 PM
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejuice View Post
Winning is great, and obviously important, but this team is not playing playoff hockey. Far from it actually. I'm more than a bit concerned.
Tampa isn't playing great hockey either, I'm not worried.

PricerStopDaPuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2014, 09:06 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

I was expecting a loss today. That didn't happen but it was pretty sloppy nonetheless.

Now if I got this right, habs magic number is down to 3!

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2014, 09:06 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Habs win, Leaf lose. Solid night. Great.

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2014, 09:07 PM
En7ropy

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejuice View Post
Not easy to play a team that's eliminated for multiple reasons. They don't have dominant players so it's kinda hard to make a game plan against certain critical guys on the other team. Lack of emotions, everyone just wants to get it done with. Teams often might go easy on their stars and roll the lines. Look at the amount of injured montreal players right now.

Hell the Hawks got steam rolled against the lowly sens, it happens

En7ropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Dekar

I like how our game finished before the Tampa Buffalo game, but NHL.com updated Tampa's total before ours, just so they can put Tampa ahead of us by virtue of games played for a few minutes until they add our 2 points.

NHL.com is run out of Toronto! I'm sure of it!

Dekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
googlymoogly

Quote:
Yea Cherry in coaches corner could only talk about how teams are scared of bruins because they hit. So he shows a bunch of boarding hits But he didn't mention Emelin smoking Lucic and then Lucic crying in the media for two days after. So much toughness that they cry when they get hit.
He also was attacking Detroit saying they are to wimpy and don't hit. After the game Detroit responded that they feel hits put them out of position and it is not their style of play. I would love to see Detroit face Boston first round. Hopefully they get their stars back and smoke the whiners out first round.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2014, 09:08 PM
Johnny Budwick

Quote:
The HNIC on CBC crew will have 2 months of Habs hockey to show so they will have all the time to talk about us

We'll be their meal ticket, without us there's no 3-4 millions ratings per playoff game.

CBC wont have the choice.

Johnny Budwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2014, 09:08 PM
Raider917

Raider917 is offline   Reply With Quote