HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

NHL 15 GM MODE-ONLY Wishlist

Closed Thread

Old
04-15-2014, 04:56 PM
ShootIt

vCash: 500
Bring back stuff that was in NHL 07 like:

Players asking to be moved, if they weren't starting(goalies for ex)
Suspensions. Remember getting an one game suspension for 3 fights in one game.

And stuff like specific training for players.

Old
04-16-2014, 04:24 AM
StreetSharks
#19 Joe Trollton

Proper stat tracking and history.

One thing that irks me about NHL 07-14 was the crappy menus where you could only see the last 3 years on your players stat page, and their career numbers does not show assists, you have to manually do the math... like what the hell is this?

Goalies had the same issues before and didn't display wins, EA fixed this after like 6 years in 13 I believe.

Having a "history" section would be cool, kinda like 2k had.. where it shows all the cup winners throughout history, stats, team stats, ect. and it should update everytime you finish your year.

Old
04-16-2014, 12:26 PM
Tak7

Player and pick transition histories would be really.

Trade a veteran for a 2nd round pick, that turns out to be your top 4 Dman who scores the cup winning goal in 8 or 9 years time?

Would be nice to go back and track the trade and remember where that player came from - when you get DEEP into a GM mode, you often forget where/how you acquired some players.

Old
04-22-2014, 02:40 PM
DeYarmond Edison
bit nipply out

Line Chemistry, definitely. One of the older games had it.

Old
04-24-2014, 10:14 PM
JohanFranzenstein
Stubborn as a Mule

Players should either start developing faster, or make 30 the age where development stops. I'm tired of getting 22 year old players who are 68 OVR, and they end up age 26 at 84 OVR.

Old
04-24-2014, 10:22 PM
Cor
Me Troll? Never

vCash: 72
I think coaches is near te top of my list. No excuse for them not being in the game. Madden, MLB, NBA games all have coaches

Old
04-28-2014, 10:50 PM
moorebf235

What I would like to see for progression is for all players to have a red, yellow, and green star potential.

A high draft pick may have the ratings:

4.5 green
3.5 yellow
2 red

This would mean the player is most likely be a 4.5 player but could be a 2.

A later round pick:

1.5 green
3 yellow
4 red

This would be opposite that he will probably be poor but could be an excellent player.

Old
05-31-2014, 12:00 AM
TanksPavs
Pavs Actually Good?

Changes I want in '15 GM Mode

These are some changes I'd hope to see in NHL 15.
-Good teams like Boston not missing the playoffs in the first couple years (more consistent sim)
-100 point players again (especially Crosby, Stamkos etc.)
-Player progression in the CHL before and after the draft (McDavid still same overall as two years before drafted)
-Created players actually getting better
-Late round gems
-More consistent top end players in later drafts (more 4 1/2 star)
-Bug fixes (I'm sure everyone deals with the same ones, so no need to mention them)
-Actually reviewing coming drafts and updating orders (and overalls) to reflect real life (ie. Ekblad going 8th or something and Nylander going in 2nd round)
-NHL ready real life and future prospects at the top end of the draft.
-50 goal players
-Better player progression.
-Dream: American draft eligible players like Eichel, Hanifin etc but it is likely to not happen EVER.
-General: goalie masks that look like real life at least. possible, but EA is too lazy
-CHL speed: why are all CHL players 80 ovr speed? McDavid is definitely the same speed as Kaleta or John Scott amirite?
-Faster sim (ala NBA where it is instant)

I will add more if I think of more. I did this off the top of my head. Please EA, we need this.

Comments and more things to add are greatly accepted. Thanks for reading!

Old
05-31-2014, 01:05 AM
ToppsSmith

No Auto signing a free agent for just my AHL team. As someone who goes through his lines with a fine tooth comb to help develop players to their max, I hate having to sign guy who has a better overall than my first round pick, but is a Enforcer so they think if I call a guy up to the NHL team he should be top on the top line and hogging all Power play minutes. This adds hours of negative game play to me. If they make us sign a guy just for the AHL, can we at least choose who?

Old
05-31-2014, 09:45 AM
NYIsles55

I have a couple complaintd about the draft:
Change scripted player progression. If you don't what im talking about, here is an example. You draft Ekblad and S. Reinheart. After 2 years, Ekblad usually is in the mid 80s and Reinhart is still in the high 60s. Other examples of this would be Adam Erne on Tampa and William Nylander in the 2014 draft. Show that it's there. Maybe make a progression rating in the CAP/edit player menu that cannot be scouted. The higher the rating, the faster the progression. They would still have the potential rating to determine how good they get, the progression just determines how fast they get better. This also solves the problem of CAPs not getting better by telling them how fast they go and the potential of how good they get.

Draft steals: It would be a cool feature. Basically what happens is you scout a guy who is a projected 6th or 7th rounder, and he is anywhere between 3.5-5 stars, with the 4.5 and 5 star being the rarest. Obviously it's rare in the NHL so it would be rare in the game but it does happen. For example, both Benn and Datsyuk were late picks. It would be a cool feature to have.

Old
05-31-2014, 09:52 AM
RaginStajan
Pineapple Express

vCash: 50
100 point players are a thing of the past. This season there was only one 100 point scorer, and that was Crosby with 104. There was also only one 50 goal scorer, Ovechkin. Safe to say that part is realistic in GM mode.

Old
05-31-2014, 09:58 AM
landy92mack29
Wakey Wakey Backes

vCash: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backhand Shelf View Post
-Good teams like Boston not missing the playoffs in the first couple years (more consistent sim)
-Player progression in the CHL before and after the draft (McDavid still same overall as two years before drafted)
-Late round gems
-Bug fixes (I'm sure everyone deals with the same ones, so no need to mention them)
-Actually reviewing coming drafts and updating orders (and overalls) to reflect real life (ie. Ekblad going 8th or something and Nylander going in 2nd round)
-50 goal players
-Dream: American draft eligible players like Eichel, Hanifin etc but it is likely to not happen EVER.
-General: goalie masks that look like real life at least. possible, but EA is too lazy
-CHL speed: why are all CHL players 80 ovr speed? McDavid is definitely the same speed as Kaleta or John Scott amirite?

I will add more if I think of more. I did this off the top of my head. Please EA, we need this.

you pretty much covered it but the one thing that drives me insane is certain players have to fight if they hit someone hard. ex landeskog. he is a power forward but doesn't fight much yet when I hit someone most of the time he is forced into a fight I don't want. I like that players come to the aid but no matter what player you should have the option to decide if you want to fight or not.

also the impossible tie ups along the boards. if I'm skating at a fairly good speed how the heck is it physically possible to pin me against the boards?

Old
05-31-2014, 10:01 AM
landy92mack29
Wakey Wakey Backes

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaginStajan View Post
100 point players are a thing of the past. This season there was only one 100 point scorer, and that was Crosby with 104. There was also only one 50 goal scorer, Ovechkin. Safe to say that part is realistic in GM mode.
stamkos would have been 50+ 100+ and will be next year

Old
05-31-2014, 10:27 AM
RaginStajan
Pineapple Express

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by landy92mack29 View Post
stamkos would have been 50+ 100+ and will be next year
I didn't say he wont be. Just don't be surprised that there will be barely any 100 point players and 50 goal scorers. Just the reality.

Old
05-31-2014, 11:05 AM
ToppsSmith

Quote:
I didn't say he wont be. Just don't be surprised that there will be barely any 100 point players and 50 goal scorers. Just the reality.
I agree, if you look at the d-men now, compared to when Selane was tossing up 70 goals a season, its night and day. A few may still do it, but it's not like the past when 10 players could do it.

Old
05-31-2014, 11:19 AM
Art of Sedinery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backhand Shelf View Post
-Late round gems
-50 goal players

I like your list.

HIRE AND FIRE COACHES!!!!

Coaches with certain attributes, both good and bad, that affect your team. They have it in Madden, they have it in the Show. Not sure why EA can't put it in NHL games.

Old
05-31-2014, 12:02 PM
landy92mack29
Wakey Wakey Backes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art of Sedinery View Post
I like your list.

HIRE AND FIRE COACHES!!!!

Coaches with certain attributes, both good and bad, that affect your team. They have it in Madden, they have it in the Show. Not sure why EA can't put it in NHL games.
same for hiring scouts and determine how much you want to spend in that area

Old
05-31-2014, 02:05 PM
The Nose
#thefuture

Make the goalies more realistic. Idk about you guys but in mine there are always like 10 goalies over .930 save percentage and some even push .940.

Also and most importantly a more consistent simulation. I hate when I build amazing teams that took a ton of work just to see them miss the playoffs. Meanwhile the Panthers are winning the cup in the first year. Same with points too. I'm tired of seeing Crosby with 50 point seasons and then 95 points the next. Have some better consistency with the teams and players.

Old
05-31-2014, 02:34 PM
TanksPavs
Pavs Actually Good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nose View Post
Make the goalies more realistic. Idk about you guys but in mine there are always like 10 goalies over .930 save percentage and some even push .940.

Also and most importantly a more consistent simulation. I hate when I build amazing teams that took a ton of work just to see them miss the playoffs. Meanwhile the Panthers are winning the cup in the first year. Same with points too. I'm tired of seeing Crosby with 50 point seasons and then 95 points the next. Have some better consistency with the teams and players.
Preach my good sir

Old
05-31-2014, 02:38 PM
TanksPavs
Pavs Actually Good?

Quote:
yes, but when the leading point scorer during the season has 85 points, crosby has 60 and the leading goal scorer has 35 its unrealistic.

Old
06-01-2014, 09:56 AM
Number 17

I think overall should be removed. Then who good is you pro scout would determine who much information would you get about players you are trading for. And in the pre-season you could test if your prospects are NHL ready or not.

Old
06-01-2014, 10:01 AM
landy92mack29
Wakey Wakey Backes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 17 View Post
I think overall should be removed. Then who good is you pro scout would determine who much information would you get about players you are trading for. And in the pre-season you could test if your prospects are NHL ready or not.
for the draft yes, not all together

Old
06-01-2014, 10:04 AM
landy92mack29
Wakey Wakey Backes

another thing they need to fix is ratings.
Crosby+stamkos should be 99 with malkin/ovi/price/rask/lundqvist mid 90's
1st liners 89+
2nd liners 84-88
3rd liners 75-83
4th liners 68-74

the ratings of players are way to close together for the difference in talent there actually is

Old
06-01-2014, 05:24 PM
Tibetzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by landy92mack29 View Post
another thing they need to fix is ratings.
Crosby+stamkos should be 99 with malkin/ovi/price/rask/lundqvist mid 90's
1st liners 89+
2nd liners 84-88
3rd liners 75-83
4th liners 68-74

the ratings of players are way to close together for the difference in talent there actually is
Yes, because making the best players in the game today the maximum ranking is totally realistic. Wouldn't want to leave room for future players to potentially be better than they ever were or anything.

Old
06-01-2014, 05:29 PM
landy92mack29
Wakey Wakey Backes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibetzz View Post
Yes, because making the best players in the game today the maximum ranking is totally realistic. Wouldn't want to leave room for future players to potentially be better than they ever were or anything.
nfl+mlb have 99's. plus there is a difference between a superstar and a star.
every rating wouldn't be 99 just the total one. there isn't enough separation between talent in the ratings

Closed Thread