HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

NHL 15 GM MODE-ONLY Wishlist

Closed Thread

Old
06-04-2014, 08:47 PM
Monabae
hey fam

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurdt Kobain View Post
- Be able to make trades during the rounds and not just before them. You shouldn't have to guess where the player is going before the round begins, that way if someone projected #1 falls to 4/5, you can trade up and get him.. Also have Bettman announce trades, and if possible have GM's announce the first round of picks.

- Fix the abundance of 1st rounders from the same region. It seems like every year the top-5 is made up of WHL players, yet they've only had 8 #1 picks since 1963 (the lowest of all CHL leagues). Also what's with all the grinders/enforcers being taken in the 1st round?

- Scouting alerts for future studs in the draft. If I send my scout to look at forwards in the WHL for Matthew Barzal, have him say something like "Keep your eye out for Tyler Benson in the 2016 draft."

- I yearn for a proper All Star weekend. NBA games have it, why can't NHL? Take the top 20 or so players in scoring from each conference and have a fantasy draft to make the teams.

- Suspensions for dirty hits. Players get game misconducts for boarding penalties in the game, why not have them suspended as well?

- Communication between staff and players. If a player feels he deserves more ice time, have him mention something to me. Allow players to request trades as well if they aren't happy. Be able to sign players to extensions during the season, that way if they reject your offers you can trade them before the deadline.

- Trade interest from other teams for players. Doesn't have to be all 29 others, but maybe the top-3/5 teams interested in the player that way you can find a deal that works for both sides. Also trading for player rights... these trades happen literally every year.
I love the idea but with the suspension thing, I bet they screw it up and players on your team will get suspended constantly.

Old
06-04-2014, 09:42 PM
Deku Scrub

vCash: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVShark View Post
-Still be offered trades even if you sim all the way until the trade deadline/draft. It seems like if I sim to these points I'm lucky to get 1 offer. If I play 20-30 games before the deadline I have offers on all of my phones.

-Make it to where CPU teams don't offer you the same deal over and over. I don't know how many times I'll get an offer like Joe Pavelski for Chris Stewart + 2014 2nd, i'll reject it, and then a couple days/weeks later get the same exact offer.

-Make it so your starting goalie can't play all 82 games. It eliminates the need to even have a backup who should be in the NHL. If I can just have Niemi play all 82 I might as well sign the cheapest guy possible to back him up.

-I know this will never happen, but add NCAA and USHL to the game. Maybe even the BCHL and NAHL as well. This would be a really cool addition in my own opinion.

-Something I can't stand is when big name Free Agents sit there all season long. One year I had lecavalier, L. Schenn, and Brad Richards sit in free agency the entire season. This needs to be fixed!

If I think of more I'll share
I think this usually happens. Once I saw Carey Price sitting in free agency all year because he was asking for $9 million. I checked and no one in the league had the cap space to sign him. $9 million is a somewhat ridiculous asking price but I find it hard to believe that no one would try to make room for him and pick him up. Seen this happen with Jonathan Toews before too.
I have no idea how the CPU teams always get so close to the cap, I always have 6-12 million dollars available even when I am a cup contending/winning team.

I guess in general the CPU GM AI needs to be improved.

Old
06-04-2014, 10:45 PM
Cor
BEST IN THE WORLD

vCash: 72
I would like scouting to be revamped.

I want to be able to hire N/A scouts, and European scouts, college scouts etc and have them just scout and me not have to worry about it every month. Allow me to have an option to send scouts to different places or focus on certain players if I choose.

Old
06-09-2014, 01:34 PM
WesNichols14

vCash: 500
Like most of us I want the scouting system overhauled. For example give me not just the basic info after scouting but it would be cool to see their CHL statistics. Let me know if he has any character issues. it could lead to a few steals if an Anthony Mantha type player falls into the 20's it would be awesome.

I also think that contracts should be half based off of potential and skill level, and half based on stats over the previous 2 years, and or consistency.
So lets say player A is an 87 overall at age 27 but has only had 1 year around 70 points and that was 4 years ago while playing next to a star. lets say over the last 3 years he had a 60 point year a 46 point year while missing 15 games, and a 54 point year while missing 8 games. He shouldn't get 6 million, he should ask for around 4.5-5 million even though he has a high skill.
Conversely lets say you have a player on your team who is an 82 overall with a 4 star potential who is 26 but he has put up 65 points last year and in the mid 50s for the for 2 years before that. he wouldn't ask for 2-3 mil he would ask for 5 million over several years.

Old
06-09-2014, 10:39 PM
EON 93
\_(ツ)_/

vCash: 400
There's a lot that needs to be done. I'm just going to list a few off the top of my head. (still a great game mode though).

-Coaches: seriously how is this not in the game yet. the ability to control your coaching staff.

-Scouting: a lot of people on here have touched on this, scouting really needs to be improved. it's so lame the way it is now. perhaps base it off the way Fifa does it.

-Prospects: there needs to be more "diamond in the rough" potential. Hardly ever see anything lower than a 2nd round pick become a useful player. Also the computer randomized draft classes are so weak and need to be improved. For example in NHL 14, once you get past the 2015 class, the drafts are just awful. Maybe two-three good players with high potential and the rest is weak.

-Better contract negotiations:I'd like to see this much improved, with actual interactions with the agents. More realistic salary expectations and the ability to offer no-trade clauses.

-Better draft day experience: cutscenes and just an overall more interesting experience for the draft. make you actually feel like a GM

-Trade negotiations: the ability to offer conditional picks, better overall negotiations, GM AI that isn't stupid, or continuously badgers you with the same offer

-ECHL teams: I'd like to see the ECHL put in the game, with the ability to swap players (with 2 way contracts) between all 3 leagues

-USHL teams: this league needs to be in there. It's the biggest source of prospects behind the OHL, WHL, and QMJHL.

I'm sure there are many more things they can do. Be a GM Mode is a great mode as is now, but it has a lot of room for improvement.

Old
06-09-2014, 11:11 PM
DyerMaker66

vCash: 425
Add the chance for a 2 team Expansion Draft

Give me Owner Mode:
Start out with any team in the NHL (or a created/ expansion team) in a terrible arena, with no farm system and build them up while controlling every aspect of your team: Arena look and amenities, jerseys, GM moves, lines, scouting, development etc

Old
06-10-2014, 08:39 AM
camwise

I would like to see the ability to offer an existing player a contract without having to go to the resign phase in order to do it. Sometimes guys go out of town etc, it would be nice for them to have their offers in place before their teams gets devoured. And if you do kick them and the comp resigns their players, half the time they resign the plumbers for exactly what they are looking for, and the GM ends up losing the majority of their top tiered players due to cap restrictions.

Old
06-10-2014, 12:03 PM
Marc9

a real fantasy draft for gm connected

Old
06-10-2014, 12:36 PM
Ferkland
Was RaginStajan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc9 View Post
a real fantasy draft for gm connected
To time consuming. You are not going to get 30 people on at the same selecting a player every 30+ seconds.

Old
06-10-2014, 02:23 PM
Marc9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaginStajan View Post
To time consuming. You are not going to get 30 people on at the same selecting a player every 30+ seconds.
Well not all 30 people.

Let's say me and 2 friends make a league, Us 3 draft players we want while AI picks their own team.

Old
06-11-2014, 07:48 PM
Puck possession wins

Make it so where a team like Chicago, after Toews or Kane signs their ridiculous 9 mil contract doesn't have like 9 defensemen. I swear, that bothers me

Old
06-11-2014, 10:42 PM
Kyosama

Tear it to the ground, hire the people who made EHM.

Old
06-12-2014, 01:55 AM
LeighDx13

Would also be nice to see CPU teams actually address their needs instead of just trying to sign the best player available.

Old
06-12-2014, 08:03 AM
genomalkin71

I would really like them to add coaches

Old
06-12-2014, 10:43 AM
Krilnik*

Be able to track european leagues and sign players who had good seasons there. Like Bellemare signed for Flyers for example. That would be so cool feature.

Last edited by Krilnik*: 06-12-2014 at 10:50 AM.
Old
06-12-2014, 11:52 AM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
Would like coaches that can affect player development and team chemistry.
Would like to be able to negotiate contracts for upcoming RFAs and UFAs at any point during the season, and negotiations are based on more than just 85% of the contract. Players should want to stay on a team if they like the team, have chemistry with teammates, if you are competitive, etc.

Old
06-12-2014, 12:15 PM
themethod7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundwaveIsCharisma View Post
Would like coaches that can affect player development and team chemistry.
Would like to be able to negotiate contracts for upcoming RFAs and UFAs at any point during the season, and negotiations are based on more than just 85% of the contract. Players should want to stay on a team if they like the team, have chemistry with teammates, if you are competitive, etc.
This is at or near the top of my wishlist. If nothing else, at least give me an idea of what they're going to be asking for come July 1.

Old
06-12-2014, 05:34 PM
NateEagle17
Rookie User

Contract Signings

I'd love to be able to sign players before their contract expires. For example, if I'm using the Bruins, and David Krejci and Dougie Hamilton have contracts that expire in the same year, I want to get one of those contracts done during that season so I know how much money I need to open up to sign the other.

I Fantasy drafted a team in 14, on that team, I have Rick Nash and James Neal, ok fine, so since their deals expire in the same year, I really don't want to have to wait till the end of that season to sign them both up to long term deals and try to play with the money to make sure it all works out.

Another thing that I'd like to see, is that if you have to make a trade to free up cap, and you wait until the end of the season and have a star player headed to UFA, the FA period has to come around before you can make that trade and then sign the player. I want to be able to trade guys during the re-sign period and then sign my stars up so they don't have to hit FA

Old
06-12-2014, 07:15 PM
BluesBoy71

vCash: 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by DyerMaker66 View Post
Add the chance for a 2 team Expansion Draft

Give me Owner Mode:
Start out with any team in the NHL (or a created/ expansion team) in a terrible arena, with no farm system and build them up while controlling every aspect of your team: Arena look and amenities, jerseys, GM moves, lines, scouting, development etc
This would be awesome. Kind of like the Madden 25 owner mode right?

Old
06-13-2014, 10:37 PM
bogostick

I wouldn't mind seeing the winter Olympics, the hockey portion, take place every 4 years. And you could control whichever team you'd like and players from your team that make it can go and get good experience.

Old
06-14-2014, 01:10 AM
Captain Nutjob
Nothing to see here

Not sure if this has been said already, but whatever.

I'd like to get notifications about players that are on hot/cold streaks. That way, I'd know whether a player needs to be moved up and down in the lineup without having to look at the stats every month.

Examples:

Sidney Crosby is on a cold streak, only getting 2 points in his last 10 games.

James Neal is on a hot streak, collecting 6 goals in the last 8 games. Try moving him up in the lineup.

Old
06-14-2014, 06:42 PM
The Rage Kage

This is unlikely to happen but I have a lot of ideas.

1- more separation in 1st - 4th liners
2-better potential/prospect system
3- better scouting

1 - I remember playing nhl 97, when most fourth liners were mid 60s so there was more separation between 'tiers' of players, so giroux, Stamkos, Malkin, etc. aren't only around ten overall more than a player like Chris Neil. I wish they'd bring that back.

Then prospects can be 40-50s range, with some in the 60s and 70s being nhl ready.

There could be some overlapping as well, so a player could be a first or second liner and it wouldn't hurt there overall.

90^: Generational Talent
80-85^: Fringe First Liner/First Liner
75^: Second liner/Fringe First Liner
70-75^: Third liner/ Fringe second liner
60-70: Fourth liner/Fringe First liner

60 or less is a prospect/ career AHLer

2 - They can also use Potential sort of a mix how they did it with nhl 12 and now.

So they can use each of the categories and assign them each star potential (with the same colours as now) so a player can have:

5 star shooting potential
4 star puck skills potential
4.5 senses
4 skating
3.5 physical
4 defense

Each of the potential can change colour, so say a player gets injured, his physical may drop to red and not develop fully. Also each category reaches it's full potential at different ages, so stuff like senses takes longer and caps off after a longer period of time (with exceptions)

(It an be the same with goalie potentials as well, and they should also grow lower but stop growing later than players)

Also some players should be late bloomers and not stop developing at the same age every other player does, so if player x is 26 you don't trade them because they haven't grown, there is still a chance for them to break out.

3 - for scouting they should add some new things to scout for, such as nhl readiness, so if you need someone to make an impact right away, you cans find someone nhl ready. Also the ability to scout one player.

Another thing is that I should have a scout in each area, but I can hire new ones and upgrade them, as well as asking them to target certain kinds of players in the league they scout.

You should also have a pro scout, I shouldn't know exactly how good another teams player is, I should have to scout the nhl for a player I need (it comes back instantly) and it may be a bit different than what the scout says (not extremely different)

I would love to see all of this in the game, it would make it a bit more challenging and a bit more fun.

Old
06-15-2014, 05:15 PM
Dim Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak7 View Post
but I'd like to see it go the other way occasionally too - a red or gold star potential player improving or upgrading their color every now and again, rather than it just being a downgrade all the time.
I had Brendan Gaunce go from a 4 yellow star to a 4 green star during my latest Vancouver dynasty. Topped out at an 87 overall

Old
06-16-2014, 07:04 PM
The Rage Kage

I had Cody Ceci get to 4.5 yellow stars and then get to 88 overall

Old
06-16-2014, 07:44 PM
The Dream
User Registered

It is very simple. Just look at NBA 2k14 and go from there. They should be able to see how much work they need to do to get it to 2k14 level.

Closed Thread