HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bouwmeester to Vancouver?

Closed Thread

Old
08-17-2005, 12:21 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
Bouwmeester to Vancouver?

I don't have a credited source, but someone on the Trade Rumors board from Vancouver posted this:Link

Take it for what it's worth. I'd much rather wait for Jovo to become a free agent than for us to lose Bouw.

Old
08-17-2005, 12:33 PM
Acadmus
retired mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by KovalevPantherFan
I don't have a credited source, but someone on the Trade Rumors board from Vancouver posted this:Link

Take it for what it's worth. I'd much rather wait for Jovo to become a free agent than for us to lose Bouw.
Well, the rumor seems to have a lot of life...
But all it is is a rumor until it happens. Seems most rumors since the CBA was signed have been more smoke than substance.

Can you imagine the pressure on Jovo coming back to Florida at the expense of Bouw? A guy who was at the very least hyped to be the next Brian Leetch more or less for someone that the boo-birds chased out of town years ago? He'll become a free agent after one season and buy a quick ticket out of town again. Don't know much about Kessler, but Cooke isn't impressing me and the draft pick is bound to be fairly late round. That isn't an impressive return for us in the rumored package. Seems like a Rangers-style "win now, worry about the future when it gets here" kind of trade. But then again, look at who's making the deals...

Old
08-17-2005, 12:41 PM
Fictional Realism
Moustache Power

vCash: 894
The cited source everyone seems to be using is a Florida radio station: Florida Sports Radio 560 WQAM. Has anyone from the area actually heard this rumour or is it just being blown out of purportion?

All the radio stations in Vancouver have been citing this one radio station in Florida, so I'm not sure how much credibility the rumour even has.

Old
08-17-2005, 01:06 PM
ratmanfu

Send a message via MSN to ratmanfu
Maybe if we talk about it enough, it won't happen.

Seems to have been a pretty consistent plan with all the other rumors that have circulated concerning the Panthers.

Old
08-17-2005, 01:16 PM
Mogo
#GameOver

vCash: 814
Why? Jovanovski will be an UFA next season. We could get him then free although I dont see us signing any player over 3.5M$ as long as Cohen is the owner.

Keenan's grand plan? Bring in veterans to help the kids, Piss off the kids they were bought in to help, trade away all the kids that are pissed off..

Old
08-17-2005, 01:23 PM
ratmanfu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo
Why? Jovanovski will be an UFA next season. We could get him then free although I dont see us signing any player over 3.5M$ as long as Cohen is the owner.

Keenan's grand plan? Bring in veterans to help the kids, Piss off the kids they were bought in to help, trade away all the kids that are pissed off..

...and don't forget...

P!ss off Mogo for not landing Mogilny.

Old
08-17-2005, 01:28 PM
Mogo
#GameOver

vCash: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by RatmanReturns
...and don't forget...

P!ss off Mogo for not landing Mogilny.

Yes, it's not just we didnt land Mogilny but we didnt land any real 1rst line material. They'll try to sell it to us fans again as there will be a better ufa crop next year bla bla ... and not sign anyone then.. If we dont lock up Luongo long term I'm really starting to lose all faith in this teams managment. If we dont deal away an player who blossoms elsewhere, we dont sign an player who excels for us. Point being will this team ever go seriously after the cup or even an playoff spot?

Old
08-17-2005, 03:05 PM
Crossbar

Just my opinion, but I only see Keenan trading Bouwmeester (argueably our 2nd best trading chip behind Luongo) to Vancouver if Todd Bertuzzi was coming back the other way. Like others have said, I too see Jovo being interested in coming back here on his own, if Vancouver allows him to become unrestricted next season. So it'd be a big waste IMO.

Old
08-17-2005, 03:24 PM
Clash*

:: tick tick tick:: Hear that? That's the sound of the time bomb known as the Florida Panthers and their GM Mike Keenan. Nah, all these rumors of Bouw and Luongo bein shopped have absolutely no chance of bein true. Florida would never do that. Not with Keenan at the helm.

BTW, doesn't anyone remember how Keenan told Cohen how bad a majority of the Panthers team sucked (and Cohen later said he was right) and then he did it again with the AHL team before their last season? Well, name the common players or denominators in both scenarios. Just a word for thought.

Old
08-17-2005, 03:36 PM
ratmanfu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClashCitiRockr
:: tick tick tick:: Hear that? That's the sound of the time bomb known as the Florida Panthers and their GM Mike Keenan. Nah, all these rumors of Bouw and Luongo bein shopped have absolutely no chance of bein true. Florida would never do that. Not with Keenan at the helm.

BTW, doesn't anyone remember how Keenan told Cohen how bad a majority of the Panthers team sucked (and Cohen later said he was right) and then he did it again with the AHL team before their last season? Well, name the common players or denominators in both scenarios. Just a word for thought.

The Luongo/Bouw AP report has already been circulated as bogus on several message boards.

Chances are the Bouw-Jovo rumors are a lark, as well.

Old
08-17-2005, 03:53 PM
Clash*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatmanReturns
The Luongo/Bouw AP report has already been circulated as bogus on several message boards.

Chances are the Bouw-Jovo rumors are a lark, as well.
The Bouw Jovo rumors I wouldn't doubt. The Luongo, Bouw for Jovo Cloutier was kinda obvious.

Reports of Van Ryn and Stewart for Redden. Reports of Bouw and Huselius for Kesler, Jovo, and Cooke. Sounds quite plausible, and then the addition of Stumpel. Sounds like the tradin gates are about to burst for Keenan. Just a matter of time. A matter of time. Its only been a lil more than two weeks for deals to go down and with the shopping frenzy, why start trading until everything free is gone?

Old
08-17-2005, 03:57 PM
Madhatter73

Quote:

Why are you still here? Your animosity towards the team leads to statements like this that are obviously slanted to you trying to make a point that's you've driven home so many times the tires are bald...

I'm not here to talk about how my favorite team sucks and neither is anyone else. Make yourself useful, go buy NHL2K5 and beat up on the virtualized Panthers to get our your aggression, personally, I am sick of hearing you whine.

This forum is for contributions to/from the community. You are not contributing, you are trying to whittle away at it...

The horse is dead.......

The horse has been driven into the ground...

The horse waves the white flag...

Let the damn dead horse go...

Old
08-17-2005, 04:03 PM
Clash*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatter73
Why are you still here? Your animosity towards the team leads to statements like this that are obviously slanted to you trying to make a point that's you've driven home so many times the tires are bald...

I'm not here to talk about how my favorite team sucks and neither is anyone else. Make yourself useful, go buy NHL2K5 and beat up on the virtualized Panthers to get our your aggression, personally, I am sick of hearing you whine.

This forum is for contributions to/from the community. You are not contributing, you are trying to whittle away at it...

The horse is dead.......

Waahhhhh

Click the ignore feature if you don't want to read it. Its quite simple. Sorry if you don't want your little world crushed, but you got to face the facts sometime. And the fact is, Keenan said it.

Old
08-17-2005, 05:44 PM
Clint

Send a message via AIM to Clint
Quote:

The horse is dead.......

Oh my God. Another optimism-only type. Great.

Old
08-17-2005, 06:10 PM
Heimy

I named three players Keenan would sell his soul (if he had one) to land...Bertuzzi, Thornton and Pronger. So far Pronger was a miss and while Keenan denies offering Bouwmeester I wouldn't be shocked if he did and I'd appland the trade if it had happened. But so far, to their credit, Cohen has keep his word and Keenan has not traded even one of our lesser valued "yoots." Of course eventually they'll deal someone and when that happens, I'll evaluate the trade.

Old
08-17-2005, 06:36 PM
Maggle Cole
VINTAGE WWE APP

Quote:
The Bouw Jovo rumors I wouldn't doubt. The Luongo, Bouw for Jovo Cloutier was kinda obvious.

Reports of Van Ryn and Stewart for Redden. Reports of Bouw and Huselius for Kesler, Jovo, and Cooke. Sounds quite plausible, and then the addition of Stumpel. Sounds like the tradin gates are about to burst for Keenan. Just a matter of time. A matter of time. Its only been a lil more than two weeks for deals to go down and with the shopping frenzy, why start trading until everything free is gone?
I'd do Van Ryn & Stewart for Redden, no problem (as long as we can get Redden signed).

The supposed Vancouver deal (Bouw/Huselius for Kesler/Jovo/Cooke) also has a 1st rounder coming to Florida.

1st line D pairing of Jovanovski/Redden would be the s h i t.

And hey, if we trade Bouwmeester, we can always get him back in another 6 years.

Old
08-17-2005, 07:28 PM
Vincent_TheGreat

Send a message via ICQ to Vincent_TheGreat
Canucks won't move Jovo, period! Bouwmeester woud have a rough time with Crawford, he really needs to step up physically!

Old
08-17-2005, 08:48 PM
Madhatter73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint
Oh my God. Another optimism-only type. Great.
I'm not an "optimism-only type" as an FYI, but I AM a fan of the team.

People dissatisfied with a particular move have every right to speak up about it. I've done it myself. But there's a difference between that and CONSTANTLY bashing the administration that obviously doesn't care what you think. Especially bashing them in a forum they're not involved with and probably dont read.

If someone has a problem with Cohen, Keenan, the Easter Bunny or the Tooth Fairy, I have no problem reading about it on the forum. Just hearing it for the millionth time is tedious, annoying, a waste of hard drive space and comes off as nothing more than whining because the team's not the way YOU want it to be.

Complain about the staff once... twice... three times... even four... that's fine, I welcome it! When I hear the same complaint from the same person for the 10th or 30th time, I get a bit annoyed.

We all KNOW that you hate them. WE can't fix it... All I'm asking is that perhaps spamming Cohen and Keenan's email would get a better result than spewing tedium on a forum.

Before you make judgements on people you don't know, you should **** and think before you type....

I am happy to know about the Ignore feature and I will be certain to use it in the future. Because I know the crying about the ownership isn't stopping anytime soon.

Old
08-17-2005, 09:02 PM
patastrophe

Send a message via Yahoo to patastrophe
Quote:
If someone has a problem with Cohen, Keenan, the Easter Bunny or the Tooth Fairy, .
why ya gotta drag alex into it?

Old
08-17-2005, 09:04 PM
Maggle Cole
VINTAGE WWE APP

Quote:
I'm not an "optimism-only type" as an FYI, but I AM a fan of the team.

People dissatisfied with a particular move have every right to speak up about it. I've done it myself. But there's a difference between that and CONSTANTLY bashing the administration that obviously doesn't care what you think. Especially bashing them in a forum they're not involved with and probably dont read.

If someone has a problem with Cohen, Keenan, the Easter Bunny or the Tooth Fairy, I have no problem reading about it on the forum. Just hearing it for the millionth time is tedious, annoying, a waste of hard drive space and comes off as nothing more than whining because the team's not the way YOU want it to be.

Complain about the staff once... twice... three times... even four... that's fine, I welcome it! When I hear the same complaint from the same person for the 10th or 30th time, I get a bit annoyed.

We all KNOW that you hate them. WE can't fix it... All I'm asking is that perhaps spamming Cohen and Keenan's email would get a better result than spewing tedium on a forum.

Before you make judgements on people you don't know, you should **** and think before you type....

I am happy to know about the Ignore feature and I will be certain to use it in the future. Because I know the crying about the ownership isn't stopping anytime soon.
**** and think?

Old
08-17-2005, 09:15 PM
Acadmus
retired mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Vanbiesbrouck
**** and think?
Maybe he's using some short form of Eek-lund's name

Old
08-17-2005, 09:21 PM
Heimy

Thanks for your post Madhatter73. You're not the only one that's heard enough of the chronic whining and negativity.

And that makes this a good time to remind some of the regular posters that you do not have a right to post here. What you have is a privilege...and you're abusing it. Take the hatred and any other nonsense elsewhere or you will lose your privilege.

This board is FOR PANTHERS FANS!

Old
08-17-2005, 09:59 PM
patastrophe

Send a message via Yahoo to patastrophe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heimy
Thanks for your post Madhatter73. You're not the only one that's heard enough of the chronic whining and negativity.

And that makes this a good time to remind some of the regular posters that you do not have a right to post here. What you have is a privilege...and you're abusing it. Take the hatred and any other nonsense elsewhere or you will lose your privilege.

This board is FOR PANTHERS FANS!
ok, stupid question, and im not trying to be a smart ass. is it for panthers fans, or for hockey's future readers to talk about the panthers?

Old
08-17-2005, 11:10 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

this rumour is bogus.... but I don't think you guys know enough about Kesler and Cooke as they add a lot of value to that pkg. Kesler was a 1st rounder in a deep draft and has done nothing but improve since... he dominated as a 20 YO in the AHL and showed strong 2-way skills, character and leadership... sounds like a Keenan type to me.

I would hate to see Cooke go personally, and that's why I wouldn't do this deal! Of course if Luongo was in it, it'd be a different story.

Cooke is all heart, pure energy on our team... he's competent in any role the team puts him in - 3rd line shadow, agitator, 1st line wing, top line PK, top line PP - on both left or right wing... whereever he's been he's helped the team.

Nonis however, did say in a conference that Jovo wasn't going to be moved. I don't think that they'd move Bertuzzi either, with Naslund signing long term, then Morrison, and the obvious chemistry on that line that the team will be counting on a lot next season.

one thing I do know about Keenan though - and you guys have heard it a million times - expect the unexpected... he loves to deal, and deal some more... he brought in guys in trades, played them for a home stand and then moved them!

Old
08-17-2005, 11:22 PM
Dropkick Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by patastrophe
why ya gotta drag alex into it?
What did I say or do?

Closed Thread