HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bouwmeester to Vancouver?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-18-2005, 01:16 AM
  #26
Peter Griffin
Registered User
 
Peter Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent_TheGreat
Canucks won't move Jovo, period! Bouwmeester woud have a rough time with Crawford, he really needs to step up physically!
Don't be so sure. He's set to become an UFA next off-season and the Canucks will have a hard time keeping him at his salary. Bouwmeester would likely come for quite a bit cheaper and allow the Canucks to go out and acquire a tough, gritty d-man to make up for the loss of Jovo's toughness and physical style. I wouldn't mind this defense for the Canucks:

Ohlund-Bouwmeester
Allen-Salo
Witt-Bieksa/UFA

Peter Griffin is offline  
Old
08-18-2005, 08:36 AM
  #27
ratmanfu
Registered User
 
ratmanfu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Hendersonville, NC
Country: Spain
Posts: 8,403
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to ratmanfu
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Vanbiesbrouck
1st line D pairing of Jovanovski/Redden would be the s h i t.

Yeah, it would be, but how could we afford both of them an Luongo?

Don't see it happening.

ratmanfu is online now  
Old
08-18-2005, 11:32 AM
  #28
Coolburn
Registered User
 
Coolburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: South Florida
Country: Hungary
Posts: 7,781
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by patastrophe
ok, stupid question, and im not trying to be a smart ass. is it for panthers fans, or for hockey's future readers to talk about the panthers?
I've always been a smart ass so I'll take care of that
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heimy
Thanks for your post Madhatter73. You're not the only one that's heard enough of the chronic whining and negativity.

And that makes this a good time to remind some of the regular posters that you do not have a right to post here. What you have is a privilege...and you're abusing it. Take the hatred and any other nonsense elsewhere or you will lose your privilege.

This board is FOR PANTHERS FANS!
Sieg Heil Heimy! Sieg Heil!
Rule with an iron fist! The gestapo will seek out you lying dogs and hunt you down!


Okay all kidding aside, Pat is right...this board is for all HF readers to discuss the Panthers. If it was just for Panthers fans, then you wouldn't get Canucks fans on here weighing on this trade rumor or LA Kings fans weighing in on the Stumpel signing. I know I signed up with HF for the prospect information primarily...not the Panthers information. The only reason I still check here is because of the few people whose opinions I respect enough to read (like yourself Heimy)...I do the same thing with several teams/posters. I doubt think we agree that often but because I'm not a Panthers fan, should I not post here?

I just wonder where would the world be without dissenting opinions. The world is flat...the center of the universe is earth...and so on. So long as the dissenting opinions aren't breaking any rules of HF, what's the real harm? Use the ignore feature and you don't have to read the dissenting opinions (or as termed "whining and negativity"). I think most of us are mature enough around here that an intelligent conversation can happen even with the "whining and negativity". And I think I'm climb down off my and depart.

Coolburn is offline  
Old
08-18-2005, 01:19 PM
  #29
cyrisweb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Calgary ab
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,149
vCash: 500
I really don't think the Panthers would trade for Jovo unless they were 100% sure they could resign him, or better yet had a pre-arranged conract extention agreed on.

cyrisweb is offline  
Old
08-18-2005, 01:30 PM
  #30
jumptheshark
the burn out
 
jumptheshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: hf retirement home
Country: United Nations
Posts: 53,025
vCash: 1000
Until he comes back or retires--the Jovo back to Florida rumours will never go away because of the fact that he lives in the Ft Lauderdale area and owns land around the area and some business'

jumptheshark is offline  
Old
08-18-2005, 02:57 PM
  #31
Madhatter73
Registered User
 
Madhatter73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 661
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn
I've always been a smart ass so I'll take care of that
Sieg Heil Heimy! Sieg Heil!
Rule with an iron fist! The gestapo will seek out you lying dogs and hunt you down!


Okay all kidding aside, Pat is right...this board is for all HF readers to discuss the Panthers. If it was just for Panthers fans, then you wouldn't get Canucks fans on here weighing on this trade rumor or LA Kings fans weighing in on the Stumpel signing. I know I signed up with HF for the prospect information primarily...not the Panthers information. The only reason I still check here is because of the few people whose opinions I respect enough to read (like yourself Heimy)...I do the same thing with several teams/posters. I doubt think we agree that often but because I'm not a Panthers fan, should I not post here?

I just wonder where would the world be without dissenting opinions. The world is flat...the center of the universe is earth...and so on. So long as the dissenting opinions aren't breaking any rules of HF, what's the real harm? Use the ignore feature and you don't have to read the dissenting opinions (or as termed "whining and negativity"). I think most of us are mature enough around here that an intelligent conversation can happen even with the "whining and negativity". And I think I'm climb down off my and depart.
My issue was not with people that like/dislike the Panthers. I believe this forum is a perfect place to hear ALL opinions. As I said before, it's the large quantity of negative comments that slip into non-related threads just to poke another jab at the ownership/players/etc that gets on my nerves. After you say the same thing 3 times on a forum, your point is made. People don't need to hear it any more.

I'm sure we'd all like to get back to hockey talk and not listen to people complaining about the same things over and over again. So before I get to the point of being a hypocrit, I'm not posting any more on the subject.

To get this back on topic.

If Bouw is truely asking for over $3mil/yr he's dreaming. If he holds out, he'll get traded. Keenan doesn't like playing hardball with agents as is evident with playing the arbitration ace with Luongo. He's sending a message of my way or the highway. In some cases this is good, but in others it's not, we'll see how it all pans out.

If we get Jovo back it'll be for Bouw straight up or with a 3-4th rounder IMO. If this happens, I can't say I would be all that upset.

Jovo would bring back many of the fans that bolted when he left. Unlike when we brought in Pavel he's a utility player that fills a gap we need, not a firecracker added to a bucket of mud. Bouw may end up being better than Jovo, but at this point, he's not worth more than $1.5/yr and Jovo would fill Bouw's roster spot very nicely.

Madhatter73 is offline  
Old
08-18-2005, 02:59 PM
  #32
Dropkick Alex
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Amherst, New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,231
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatter73
My issue was not with people that like/dislike the Panthers. I believe this forum is a perfect place to hear ALL opinions. As I said before, it's the large quantity of negative comments that slip into non-related threads just to poke another jab at the ownership/players/etc that gets on my nerves. After you say the same thing 3 times on a forum, your point is made. People don't need to hear it any more.

I'm sure we'd all like to get back to hockey talk and not listen to people complaining about the same things over and over again. So before I get to the point of being a hypocrit, I'm not posting any more on the subject.
Agree, it does indeed get annoying, but if the trade does happen and we get Jovo Cop back, I say we quickly offer a contract extension.

Dropkick Alex is offline  
Old
08-18-2005, 03:14 PM
  #33
Clint
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 6,340
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Clint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn
I just wonder where would the world be without dissenting opinions. The world is flat...the center of the universe is earth...and so on. So long as the dissenting opinions aren't breaking any rules of HF, what's the real harm?
Thank you Rich. 2 cool points for you.

Clint is offline  
Old
08-18-2005, 03:26 PM
  #34
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat
 
PantherboyHTR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Blue Jay Nation...
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,431
vCash: 500
I definitley like both players a lot, but this would really make no sense for the Panthers. Why trade an up-and-coming Bouwmeester for a UFA to be in Jovo? Bouwmeester has so much potential, I'm not even sure you all realize it yet. His offense will come around, that you can count on,, as well as his physical side of the game, once he gets more comfortable with it.

PantherboyHTR is offline  
Old
08-18-2005, 03:54 PM
  #35
Coolburn
Registered User
 
Coolburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: South Florida
Country: Hungary
Posts: 7,781
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatter73
My issue was not with people that like/dislike the Panthers. I believe this forum is a perfect place to hear ALL opinions. As I said before, it's the large quantity of negative comments that slip into non-related threads just to poke another jab at the ownership/players/etc that gets on my nerves. After you say the same thing 3 times on a forum, your point is made. People don't need to hear it any more.

I'm sure we'd all like to get back to hockey talk and not listen to people complaining about the same things over and over again. So before I get to the point of being a hypocrit, I'm not posting any more on the subject.

To get this back on topic.
Thing is you were the one that took it off topic. But the stuff that gets on your nerves was one poster's opinion on why all these trade rumors about Bouwmeester & Luongo have started up. Instead of whining about the negativity and posting 3 or 4 horses being whipped...just click on the ignore feature. Its much quicker and less stressful I'm sure.

Think about it as if you were a Chicago Blackhawks fan...or Isles fan. Those 2 groups have been complaining about their ownership or management for years at how inept they are. Yet it never seems to get old.

Coolburn is offline  
Old
08-18-2005, 03:56 PM
  #36
Coolburn
Registered User
 
Coolburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: South Florida
Country: Hungary
Posts: 7,781
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint
Thank you Rich. 2 cool points for you.
How many cool points until I can tell Heimy he has to lose a piece of clothing??

Coolburn is offline  
Old
08-18-2005, 04:06 PM
  #37
ratmanfu
Registered User
 
ratmanfu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Hendersonville, NC
Country: Spain
Posts: 8,403
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to ratmanfu
Rich-

I think it's pretty logical to assume that if someone makes disparaging remarks about the team/management on this forum that some Panther fans will take exception to it and react.

I fully accept that if I were to walk into the Leafs forum and make similar comments about their management/team, the wolves would descend upon me. It's just part and parcel with posting those types of opinions in a fan forum.

Nobody is necessarily wrong in their personal opinions, it's just that you have to consider the reactions those opinions will attract.

ratmanfu is online now  
Old
08-18-2005, 04:29 PM
  #38
Rattrick
Registered User
 
Rattrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 12,894
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heimy
Thanks for your post Madhatter73. You're not the only one that's heard enough of the chronic whining and negativity.

And that makes this a good time to remind some of the regular posters that you do not have a right to post here. What you have is a privilege...and you're abusing it. Take the hatred and any other nonsense elsewhere or you will lose your privilege.

This board is FOR PANTHERS FANS!
Heimy, I am glad you said something. I myself have come around a whole lot less lately because the constant negativity that is injected into EVERY thread is just annoying. The world needs two sides to balance out and that's all fine and dandy, but like Madhatter said, it was old the 30th time, let alone the 500th.

I refuse to use the Ignore feature Rich because everyone has something to offer. I don't agree with you and Clash on a lot of the trash talking that goes on around here, but you two have a lot to contribute to this board aside from the constant bashing. Should I lose out on that just so I don't have to hear the constant cry? I personally don't think so as both of you can be two fo the best posters on this board when were talking stricly hockey.

For god sakes, i'll take a "management sucks" thread that gets stickied right about now just to keep all of that stuff together as opposed to hearing it in every thread.

Rattrick is offline  
Old
08-18-2005, 07:23 PM
  #39
Heimy
Registered User
 
Heimy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: I was just here
Posts: 4,736
vCash: 500
Just to be perfectly clear, any and all hockey fans, with or without dissenting opinions are always welcomed here. We certainly don't have to agree. We're not cheer leaders for gawd sakes. In fact, I think we all appreciate differing opinions as long as they're backed by logic and facts and presented respectfully. Any humor that's included is a bonus.

But I (and MANY others) have heard enough of the redundant crap. It adds nothing to the discussion. Rather, it casts a negative pall over the board. So knock off the chronic complaining and just talk hockey.

Heimy is offline  
Old
08-18-2005, 08:31 PM
  #40
Clash*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Country: Ireland
Posts: 5,295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heimy
Just to be perfectly clear, any and all hockey fans, with or without dissenting opinions are always welcomed here. We certainly don't have to agree. We're not cheer leaders for gawd sakes. In fact, I think we all appreciate differing opinions as long as they're backed by logic and facts and presented respectfully. Any humor that's included is a bonus.

But I (and MANY others) have heard enough of the redundant crap. It adds nothing to the discussion. Rather, it casts a negative pall over the board. So knock off the chronic complaining and just talk hockey.
Heimy, you really should go back and read what I was criticized for. It wasn't a jab at the ownership or management of the Panthers. It was a jab at people on this board consistently sayin this and that won't happen. Simply said, people are readin what they want to hear, and not what was actually written. In fact, let's go back and give an explanation of what was written...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClashCitiRockr
:: tick tick tick:: Hear that? That's the sound of the time bomb known as the Florida Panthers and their GM Mike Keenan. Nah, all these rumors of Bouw and Luongo bein shopped have absolutely no chance of bein true. Florida would never do that. Not with Keenan at the helm.
A time bomb why? Because Keenan has a propensity of disassemling teams in a quick and explosive way. Its really only been three weeks since moves have been allowed on the NHL rosters. And the old addage "Where there's smoke, there is fire" is quite applicable here with these rumors. Doesn't necessarily mean its goin to happen, but I asked someone to PM you something before I say anything about it, just so you don't start tossin points at me.


Quote:
BTW, doesn't anyone remember how Keenan told Cohen how bad a majority of the Panthers team sucked (and Cohen later said he was right) and then he did it again with the AHL team before their last season? Well, name the common players or denominators in both scenarios. Just a word for thought.
How is this a criticism? Its been printed or videotaped in national media (whether that nation is the USA or Canada). Thus that would make it a fact and a quite plausible reason for certain individuals bein tossed around in trade rumors.

Clash* is offline  
Old
08-18-2005, 08:46 PM
  #41
Heimy
Registered User
 
Heimy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: I was just here
Posts: 4,736
vCash: 500
Trades are a part of the game and are intended to improve a team. I agree Clash, we're due for a few trades and Keenan has a few great ones on his resume. What most people seem to be saying is let's wait 'til one or 2 of our yoots gets swapped. Then we can all size up the deal and decide whether to cheer, puke or some combination of the two.

Heimy is offline  
Old
08-18-2005, 11:35 PM
  #42
Rattrick
Registered User
 
Rattrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 12,894
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heimy
But I (and MANY others) have heard enough of the redundant crap. It adds nothing to the discussion. Rather, it casts a negative pall over the board. So knock off the chronic complaining and just talk hockey.
Kudos!

Rattrick is offline  
Old
08-18-2005, 11:51 PM
  #43
brianp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 21
vCash: 500
And what about Jovo's $3.99 Mil contract???

I want him to stay right here in Vancouver

brianp is offline  
Old
08-19-2005, 10:51 AM
  #44
Coolburn
Registered User
 
Coolburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: South Florida
Country: Hungary
Posts: 7,781
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
I just wanted to show you guys this because I thought it was relevant to discussion:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotnos
I'm so glad you folks think you know how to run Tampa better than our GM does. You should forward all your suggestions to him.
Realistically, we know how to run all the teams better than their respective GMs do. Tampa is scarcely alone on that score. They just happen to be the subject team in this particular thread. So it's not like Feaster is being singled out. He made dumb moves, but not as dumb as Lou Lamoriello. And while I'm smarter than those two guys, I'm also more familiar with the Montreal situation, and much smarter than Bob Gainey too.

But that's all part of the entertainment value of the NHL, isn't it? League Secret Directive 23(b) is that all teams must hire dolts as their GMs, so that they can generate more fan interest through the ensuing criticism of them. If the teams all hired geniuses from HF Boards instead, then every fan would be happy with everything, and there'd be less interest in the league overall.

Coolburn is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:13 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.