HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sunshine's 7 BOLD Guarantees for the 05-06 season...

Closed Thread

Old
08-17-2005, 01:16 PM
Sunshine

vCash: 500
Sunshine's 7 BOLD Guarantees for the 05-06 season...

7. Jamie Lundmark avoids drowning and ears quality minutes, scoring 14 goals with 3rd line minutes.

6. Jarkko Immonen is better than advertised and fights for Nylander's minutes.

5. Jozef Balej becomes an NHL offensive threat, scoring 22 goals

4. Jagr & Straka enjoy a rebirth, combining for 130 points.

3. A platoon of Weekes & Lundqvist is among the league's best tandems.

2. The coaching is good...WOW.

1. With minimal pre-season expectations, the team gels and becomes a cohesive unit by Christmas-sneaking into the playoffs as the 8th seed.

Old
08-17-2005, 01:22 PM
Larry Melnyk

Sunshine, Go away today, don't feel much like laughing....

OK, an old song....sorry...

But seriously, although I disagree with every one but #7, from your keyboard to God's ears...

Here's my pie in the sky guarantee..Ryan Hollweg with 14 goals and 228 PM and leads the Rangers in hits....

Old
08-17-2005, 01:22 PM
bubba5

Yeah right, and Sather becomes the best GM in the NHL!

Old
08-17-2005, 01:25 PM
ChrisKreider20
But y u mad?

My guarantee is Jagr has 100+ points.

Old
08-17-2005, 01:34 PM
dedalus

Didn't you guarantee that Crosby would be coming to the Rangers in this year's draft?

Old
08-17-2005, 01:43 PM
Fletch

You did say bold...

and they sure are bold...my prediction is that the Rangers will resemble a circus and they'll spend the entire season shuffling the decks and not getting it right. There will be little patience for youth that actually initially makes the team and Jagr, Straka, Rucinsky and Nylander each will receive greater than 20 minutes of ice time. Tyutin struggles a bit, but recovers somewhere in the season.

Additionally, by the quarter mark of the season, people will begin to like Poti, much like many did in the first quarter a couple seasons ago when he was actually hitting and was leading the league in points.

Of course this will be one of a thousand threads that contain the word prediction before the pucks are officially dropped in October.

Old
08-17-2005, 01:46 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
my prediction is that ... There will be little patience for youth that actually initially makes the team and Jagr, Straka, Rucinsky and Nylander each will receive greater than 20 minutes of ice time.
That's not a prediction; it's a forecast of doom.

Honestly you've just described my nightmare season. (Unless your prediction ends with them getting a top-3 pick in the draft and a couple good pickups at the trade deadline.)

Old
08-17-2005, 01:49 PM
shoothepuck

Sunshine I like your #7 guarantee.

Old
08-17-2005, 01:57 PM
Fletch

Top ten...

yes, top 3...With decent fire power from Jagr, Nylander, Straka and Rucinsky, and OK goaltending, it may actually be tough for this team to get a top 5 (lottery) pick, in my opinion. Next season may be the fun year.

Old
08-17-2005, 06:30 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus
Honestly you've just described my nightmare season.
Mine too. But I have to agree with Fletch. I cannot envision a season of the NYR "getting it right". Even during a season where we start off saying that it is not to be judged by wins and losses, but rather by the quality time given to youth, the progress that said youth makes and the nightly effort that the team puts forth. Even judging a season by those standards, I fear that Jackass & Co. will muck it up.

Here's a cheery thought. With 20 teams making the playoffs (a joke in and of itself), let by the 25 minute men (Jagr, Straka, Nylander & Rosie), the Rangers find themselvs 21st. Sather decides to pull off a deal by trading Liffiton & Taylor for some overage vet that pulls the Rangers to the glorified position of 20th.
Oh, and best of all. None of the veterans are traded by the deadline to acquire more assets.

Last edited by True Blue: 08-17-2005 at 06:51 PM.
Old
08-17-2005, 11:20 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Rangers make the playoffs

Jagr leads the league in goals

Lundmark isn't a Ranger by December

We all respect Renney

Old
08-17-2005, 11:59 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
Rangers make the playoffs

Jagr leads the league in goals

Lundmark isn't a Ranger by December

We all respect Renney
Ah, it's pigs I saw jumping over the full moon tonight!

Old
08-18-2005, 09:38 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
Ah, it's pigs I saw jumping over the full moon tonight!
They must have beaten the cows to the punch.

Old
08-18-2005, 04:35 PM
Theoren Fan

Send a message via AIM to Theoren Fan
The Rangers are among the better teams in the league in the shootout.

Jagr is among the lead leaders in points.

Weeks is decent.

The defense is not.

Rucinsky enjoys a good season and a fine playoff run some other team.

Staka's not too shabby.

Lundmark will piss everybody off.

Rangers resemble the 05' Mets, better then last year but still nothing to brag about.

Sather will point to injuries, on a cellphone, from his boat

Rangers fail to make the playoffs and either A) fail to finish with any shot at the #1 pick or B) finish with a fantastic position to grab the first overall pick, but will get shafted by the lottery as the Rangers go 5th and the 1st is awarded to the Penguins (even though they should be in good shape this season, it's just the way it somehow worked out). Pittsburgh is saved.

Old
08-18-2005, 05:20 PM
GraveyTrain09

Bold predictions:

1-Lundmark scores puts it together and we ranger fans still want to trade him
2-ranger fans realize that putting renney, someone who has scouted adn knows what each player is capable and not trying to force a player to be something hes not, is the best choice for our youth.
3-People stop thinking that montoya is over-rated, a waste of a pick, and useless and realize that he has the ability to be better than lundvist.
4-Speaking of lundvist, Ranger fans understand that it may take longer than half a season for him to start putting up good numbers, because they dont understand how hard it can be from going ot a european style to NA style.
*And finally*
5-Everyone realizes that sather has been an exceptional GM since the "summer cleaning."...WHAT!?!?!
Yes its true, we may hate him, despise him even, he has really done a good job. Does anyone remember his edmonton days, or does his last few years overshadow that? Not to me....He has brought in prospects that can produce now and later, adn has drastically changed our list of prospects from crap to respectable.

My reason for blowing up like this is because everyone forgets that sather has actually done some productive things. I remember everyone wanted meimmenem or whoever, and when we got him, you all seemed surprised that sather did someothing smart, when hes been doing productive things since the end of the last season.

I havnt given up on lundmark, and neither of you, because i know that everyone that thinks hes a bust is going to force managment to trade him and then guess waht..He breaks out.

Please dont create an argument with me, i dont feel like it. just except my opinion.....for whatever its worht

Old
08-18-2005, 05:44 PM
CoolDude*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraveyTrain09
Bold predictions:

1-Lundmark scores puts it together and we ranger fans still want to trade him
2-ranger fans realize that putting renney, someone who has scouted adn knows what each player is capable and not trying to force a player to be something hes not, is the best choice for our youth.
3-People stop thinking that montoya is over-rated, a waste of a pick, and useless and realize that he has the ability to be better than lundvist.
4-Speaking of lundvist, Ranger fans understand that it may take longer than half a season for him to start putting up good numbers, because they dont understand how hard it can be from going ot a european style to NA style.
*And finally*
5-Everyone realizes that sather has been an exceptional GM since the "summer cleaning."...WHAT!?!?!
Yes its true, we may hate him, despise him even, he has really done a good job. Does anyone remember his edmonton days, or does his last few years overshadow that? Not to me....He has brought in prospects that can produce now and later, adn has drastically changed our list of prospects from crap to respectable.

My reason for blowing up like this is because everyone forgets that sather has actually done some productive things. I remember everyone wanted meimmenem or whoever, and when we got him, you all seemed surprised that sather did someothing smart, when hes been doing productive things since the end of the last season.

I havnt given up on lundmark, and neither of you, because i know that everyone that thinks hes a bust is going to force managment to trade him and then guess waht..He breaks out.

Please dont create an argument with me, i dont feel like it. just except my opinion.....for whatever its worht
You can read minds?

Old
08-18-2005, 06:38 PM
GraveyTrain09

no, but i can read the posts that describe the feelings i expressed in my recent post.

please read the last sentence

Old
08-18-2005, 06:47 PM
Theoren Fan

Send a message via AIM to Theoren Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraveyTrain09

Just for the record, once you hit the post button you're open to anything, including criticism. In other words, don't tell me what I think and how I feel and to just deal with it.

From your remarks, you sound like an ass. Please don't create an argument with me, just except it.

Old
08-18-2005, 09:31 PM
GraveyTrain09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theoren Fan

Just for the record, once you hit the post button you're open to anything, including criticism. In other words, don't tell me what I think and how I feel and to just deal with it.

From your remarks, you sound like an ass. Please don't create an argument with me, just except it.
...for whatever its worth

you think its crap? fine. you agree? fine.

Closed Thread