HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-14 Sabres Prospect Repository - Part II

Closed Thread

Old
04-04-2014, 08:15 AM
LaxSabre

vCash: 213
FAST FIVE - Five things that have to happen for the London Knights to knock off the Guelph Storm in their OHL Western Conference semifinal series, which starts Friday night, 7:30 pm ET at the Sleeman Centre.

5. MVP Zadorov - London D Nikita Zadorov has to be the best player in the series. It’s as simple as that. If he’s not on his game, the Knights are in big trouble with Zach Bell and Brady Austin sidelined. There won’t be as much heat on Brett Welychka to fill in on the back end if Zadorov and the rest of the natural defencemen do their job.

Preview - Game One - London at Guelph - London Free Press - http://www.lfpress.com/2014/04/03/lo...-ranked-guelph

LaxSabre - reminder if your in Canada, you can watch the game LIVE on Sportsnet ONE. If your in the United States, you can watch the game (edited) on Saturday afternoon - 4:00 pm ET-6:00 pm ET - on NHL Network. Go London!

If you want to listen to the game online - London Knights audio - http://www.cjbk.com/

Last edited by LaxSabre: 04-04-2014 at 08:21 AM.
Old
04-04-2014, 09:08 AM
Ethan Edwards

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 26CornerBlitz View Post
ROCHESTER — After experiencing the NHL twice and getting a taste of the American Hockey League, Mikhail Grigorenko had no doubt he was above junior hockey. But when the Sabres sent him back to Quebec in January, the prospect had a decision to make.

“I could go out there and play really hard and try to score as many goals as I can – or just go out there and chill,” Grigorenko said Thursday as a smile spread across his face. “I chose to go out there and do my best.”
Well, at least he says all the right things. There may be some exceptions out there, but overall I give him credit for that.

Old
04-04-2014, 07:54 PM
LaxSabre

vCash: 213
Not a good final eight minutes of the first period and first two minutes of the second period for the London Knights. They trail the Guelph Storm 4-0 in Game #1 of their OHL Western Conference Semifinal Series. Storm with two shorthanded goals (on the same Knights power-play), one power-play goal in the first period and another power-play goal in the second period which happened after Zadorov was called for a delay of game penalty just ten seconds in.

In much better news for me at least (as they are my OHL team) - the Erie Otters lead 4-0 over the Sault. St. Marie Greyhounds in the second period. Connor McDavid - two goals and two assists - Dane Fox - four points. Otters on their way to a two game to zero lead in the other OHL Western Conference Semifinal Series.

London trails Guelph 4-2 - 5 minutes into the third period. Knights got two goals in the second period from R.Rupert and Domi - both via the power-play.
Now Domi scores again and its 4-3 with 12 minutes remaining.
We have a game! TIE GAME!! 4-4!! McCarron with the goal - great three-way passing.
Crud - Storm score with just over 2 mins remaining - off a turnover - 5-4 Storm.
Knights pull Patterson - a couple of chances but Storm clinch it with an empty-netter - 9 seconds left.
Final - Guelph Storm 6 London Knights 4 - Storm lead series 1-0. Game #2 - Sunday, April 6 - 7:00 pm ET.
If anyone wants to watch the game - NHL Network here in the United States will be showing it on Saturday - 4:00 pm ET-6:00 pm ET.

Final Score - Otters 4 Greyhounds 0 - Erie leads series 2-0 - McDavid 2 goals, 2 assists - Fox - 1 goal, 3 assists -
Williams 33 saves. Game #3 - in Erie - Monday, April 7 - 7:00 pm ET.

Last edited by LaxSabre: 04-06-2014 at 08:55 AM.
Old
04-05-2014, 12:12 PM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

vCash: 666
~35:00 TOI for Zadorov?!
Quote:
London had some scrambly moments behind its own blueline, even with Buffalo Sabres first-rounder Nikita Zadorov playing in the range of 35 minutes.
https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/jr...034903454.html

Old
04-05-2014, 01:51 PM
ttcminaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodhouse View Post
It was too much TOI for him, he was faltering in the later stages of the game. With Bell and Austin both out, it might very well be London's undoing.

Old
04-05-2014, 04:58 PM
26CornerBlitz

Sure seems like the light is on:

@BuffaloSabres

Mikhail Grigorenko with 2 assists in @AmerksHockey's 4-3 comeback win today. He has 4 assists in 3 games since joining Rochester.

Old
04-05-2014, 06:52 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Sure seems like the light is on:

@BuffaloSabres

Mikhail Grigorenko with 2 assists in @AmerksHockey's 4-3 comeback win today. He has 4 assists in 3 games since joining Rochester.
0 goals, ergo bust.

(amidoingthisrite?)

Old
04-05-2014, 09:01 PM
Imlach a cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Sabres Captain View Post
0 goals, ergo bust.

(amidoingthisrite?)
No one calling bust would use 'ergo', think whiner line.

Grigorenko with 0 goals in 3 games? Thanks Darcy you suck! And if Murray doesn't trade this loser by the draft he's as worthless as Pegula and Black. More losers for this loser team.

Something like that.

Old
04-05-2014, 10:49 PM
Rodrigo
AKA Jose

People really need to relax

Old
04-05-2014, 11:10 PM
buffalorules

Does anyone think logan nelson will get a contract or a tryout??

Old
04-06-2014, 12:56 AM
Buffalo Warlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodhouse View Post
I've been saying this for a couple months Zadorov is our best prospect with highest upside. I really do think he will eventually be our #1 or 2 defenseman and playing both the PP and PK

Good to hear Grigorenko producing in Rochester too

Old
04-06-2014, 01:33 AM
Layne Staley
The Future

Even though in juniors he was a goal scorer, I always envisioned Grigs being more of a set up guy then a trigger man. I see him being a 20-40-60 type guy and not Someone with more goals then assists. A 19 year old with 4 points in his first 3 games of the year in the A is a bit impressive. Lets see if he can keep it up. Would love nothing more then Grigs to go on a tear the last 4-5 games and then hopefully in a decent run in the playoffs too. He is getting crucified for this season in his development due to the lack of success in Buffalo, yet he had a very good WJC, a great shortened reg season with Quebec and then in the playoffs he had a near 2 ppg even though they got ousted.

If anything Grigs status and rankings should not deviate from last season. I don't look at this as a step backwards but more of a lateral move in terms of development this season. This guy is still only 19 for another month yet he is ending his QMJHL career with 115 games played and a 85-93-178. He also went 9-24-33 in 27 career playoff games. A 1.54 in the regular season and 1.2 in the playoffs is encouraging. He may not become the #1 ppg center with Spezza comparisons that we though he could be, but I can see him as a 60 point #2 C. With Reinhart and McDavid/Eichel hopefully added in the next 2 drafts, having 2 or more legit offensive talents will ease the pressure off Grigs and allow him matchups with 2nd and 3rd pairing assignments a la Vanek on the 3rd line in 06-07. I saw he was recently ranked 31st in the most recent rankings list but I think he deserved to be a handful of spots higher in the 20-25 range.

Old
04-06-2014, 03:26 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Warlord View Post
I've been saying this for a couple months Zadorov is our best prospect with highest upside. I really do think he will eventually be our #1 or 2 defenseman and playing both the PP and PK

Good to hear Grigorenko producing in Rochester too
I'm with you.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...1&postcount=85

1. Zadorov
2. Risto
3. McCabe
4. Grigo
5. Larsson

Old
04-06-2014, 10:59 PM
Rodrigo
AKA Jose

Zadorov with 1 goal and 2 assists tonight in a 7-2 Knights blowout win, im going Tuesday to watch Zadorov, kid very well could be here next year, he really doesn't have anything left to prove in the OHL

Old
04-06-2014, 11:08 PM
Jacob582

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalorules View Post
Does anyone think logan nelson will get a contract or a tryout??
No to the contract for me.

Old
04-06-2014, 11:12 PM
Buffalo Warlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose View Post
Zadorov with 1 goal and 2 assists tonight in a 7-2 Knights blowout win, im going Tuesday to watch Zadorov, kid very well could be here next year, he really doesn't have anything left to prove in the OHL
London automatically has a Memorial Cup birth so everyone nationwide will see how much of a impact Zadorov has with the Knights, and I think Zadorov will be with us next year. He is further ahead of Aaron Ekblad at this point and scouts are all saying he is NHL ready

Old
04-07-2014, 02:21 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttcminaker View Post
Bailey has the raw skill package but is a long term project type of player. His strengths are his size, character and tremendous shot. He won most valuable player for a very poor Kitchener Rangers team this year. He'll need another year of junior and probably a couple in Rochester to put everything together. He does have the size and skill though to play that L.A. west coast type of game that Murray wants to build the Sabres into.
I wouldn't call size a strength of his just yet. That's an area that can improve drastically in several aspects.

He's tall... And will get heavier... But he's not a body banger or a guy who goes nose to the net on first preference, nor is he fantastic at puck protection with his body.

Huge fan of his for sure. I think he pans out, top6 ideally. But size and strength can certainly get better

Old
04-07-2014, 02:23 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Warlord View Post
London automatically has a Memorial Cup birth so everyone nationwide will see how much of a impact Zadorov has with the Knights, and I think Zadorov will be with us next year. He is further ahead of Aaron Ekblad at this point and scouts are all saying he is NHL ready
If he were draft eligible in his second NA season (or better yet, if this was his draft year), he's a top 5 pick with minimal hesitation

Old
04-07-2014, 12:03 PM
ttcminaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuds View Post
I wouldn't call size a strength of his just yet. That's an area that can improve drastically in several aspects.

He's tall... And will get heavier... But he's not a body banger or a guy who goes nose to the net on first preference, nor is he fantastic at puck protection with his body.

Huge fan of his for sure. I think he pans out, top6 ideally. But size and strength can certainly get better
You're right, I meant his frame projects as a strength once he fills out. I think he plays as a pro at around 210-215. Once he puts on the weight I think those aspects of his game will start to develop.

He is in a nice situation because he is a longer term project but with all the prospect depth in the organization there will be no need to rush him along.

Old
04-07-2014, 01:28 PM
buffalorules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob582 View Post
No to the contract for me.
I would also say no to contract but I would love to see him get an AHL contract because I do like his game. And I think he might be able to prove something in the pro's.

Old
04-07-2014, 03:19 PM
26CornerBlitz

SABRES PROSPECTS REPORT - 4/7/14
Quote:
By Kris Baker - SabresProspects.com

Hurley extends his point streak; Fasching prepares for the Frozen Four

NCAA
Big forward Hudson Fasching (2013, fourth round), acquired from Los Angeles on deadline day, will be the only Sabres prospect taking part in this weekend’s NCAA Frozen Four in Philadelphia. Fasching’s No.1-ranked Minnesota Golden Gophers will face North Dakota in Thursday’s second semifinal game at 8:30 p.m. (ESPN2). Union – featuring South Buffalo’s Matt Krug – and Boston College will square off at 5 p.m. (ESPN2) on Thursday, with the national championship game set for Saturday at 7:30 p.m. (ESPN).

OHL
Nikita Zadorov (2013, first round) continued his excellent postseason play Sunday, netting a shorthanded goal and adding two assists to earn the number two star as London skated to a 7-2 victory over Guelph in Game 2 of their OHL Western Conference Semifinal. The hulking Russian has been a workhorse for London, who with the win have evened the best-of-seven series at one game apiece following a 6-4 defeat in Friday’s opener. Zadorov has four goals, including two while on the penalty kill, and four assists in the Knights’ six playoff tilts. The teams head back to London for Game 3 on Tuesday.

Old
04-07-2014, 04:55 PM
26CornerBlitz

@ScoutingService

@BuffaloSabres Prospects with Assistant GM Kevin Devine #NHL #Sabres http://www.hockeyprospect.com/buffal...-kevin-devine/ <31:02>

Quote:
The Buffalo Sabres Assistant Gener Manager, Kevin Devine, was recently a guest on the Hockey Prospects show on Sirius XM NHL Radio. Hosts Shane Malloy and Russ Cohen have a lengthy chat with Devine about prospects in the Sabres system.

Old
04-07-2014, 08:20 PM
wayfaringstranger

Thanks for sharing the link.

Devine compares Compher to Chris Drury.

Old
04-07-2014, 08:26 PM
BUCKSHOT
w00t !!

Send a message via Yahoo to BUCKSHOT
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayfaringstranger View Post
Thanks for sharing the link.

Devine compares Compher to Chris Drury.
let's hope he is correct

Old
04-07-2014, 08:51 PM
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Quote:
@ScoutingService

@BuffaloSabres Prospects with Assistant GM Kevin Devine #NHL #Sabres http://www.hockeyprospect.com/buffal...-kevin-devine/ <31:02>
Direct link: https://s3.amazonaws.com/NHL14/buffao_march14.mp3

Closed Thread