HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anson Carter

Closed Thread

Old
08-17-2005, 02:41 PM
Aucoin3

vCash: 500
Anson Carter

Anson Carter is currently rumored to be signing a 1 year deal with Vancouver for $1 million. Why cant Milbury pull off a one year move such as this. Yes if Carter comes out and proves himself he is sure to demand a lot more that 1 million next offseason but lets take it one season at a time. Carter would be a great addition to the Yashin Satan line. I know a lot of you will say there isnt room on the roster for him but I believe there is plenty of room.

Satan Yashin Carter
Blake York Parrish
Weinhandl Kvasha Hunter
Asham Mapletoft Bergenheim

Old
08-17-2005, 02:50 PM
NYIsles1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aucoin3
Anson Carter is currently rumored to be signing a 1 year deal with Vancouver for $1 million. Why cant Milbury pull off a one year move such as this. Yes if Carter comes out and proves himself he is sure to demand a lot more that 1 million next offseason but lets take it one season at a time. Carter would be a great addition to the Yashin Satan line. I know a lot of you will say there isnt room on the roster for him but I believe there is plenty of room.

Satan Yashin Carter
Blake York Parrish
Weinhandl Kvasha Hunter
I have seen some rumors he's going to be signed by Toronto.

This is a player who has been moving around a lot and for his size he just is not very physical. The Rangers, Caps and Kings did not seem to be interested in his return.

He's not a great addition to the Islanders because his primary position is right wing, even though he can play some center.

Satan is not a left winger, neither is Mark Parrish or Trent Hunter. Weinhandl may just have to play left wing even though his best position is right wing.

After that Asham, Godard, Webb and many of the prospects are all right wingers, even Blake seems to play the right side best.

Old
08-17-2005, 02:52 PM
Aucoin3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYIsles1
I have seen some rumors he's going to be signed by Toronto.

This is a player who has been moving around a lot and for his size he just is not very physical. The Rangers, Caps and Kings did not seem to be interested in his return.

He's not a great addition to the Islanders because his primary position is right wing, even though he can play some center.

Satan is not a left winger, neither is Mark Parrish or Trent Hunter. Weinhandl may just have to play left wing even though his best position is right wing.

After that Asham, Godard, Webb and many of the prospects are all right wingers, even Blake seems to play the right side best.
The Isles arent getting him this we know, but for a $1 million price tag he would have been a great signing and they would have found somewhere to stick him. Maybe find a way to revive his career on Long Island.

Old
08-17-2005, 02:54 PM
Seph

Send a message via AIM to Seph
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aucoin3

Satan Yashin Carter
Blake York Parrish
Weinhandl Kvasha Hunter
I'd rather have Lukowich for 1m, honestly.

Old
08-17-2005, 02:57 PM
B.D. Gallof
HFB Partner

Carter got very lazy when getting traded to The Rangers. This was a man once traded for Billy Guerin. But he is very capable.

Truth is, he'd like to play for a contender..thus the Toronto/Vancouver rumors. Isles have no real shot, unless they pay higher.

Old
08-17-2005, 03:18 PM
NYIsles1*

http://www.geocities.com/floridapant.../free2005.html

According to this Carter has already signed with Vancouver.

Old
08-17-2005, 03:20 PM
Dartmouth 02

we do not want anson carter.

he is one of the laziest players in the league right now.

the isles do not need reclamation projects, not at any price.

not to mention that he would be a terrible fit here. even thinking he would score, we do not need a 20 goal, lazy definsively RW.

tleaf fans are throwing a party that he didnt go to TO.

IMO, vancouver is a pretty bad fit for him, as well.

Old
08-17-2005, 04:13 PM
Le Golie

It's easy to ask why Mad Mike can't sign people like other teams do but it's hard to face reality. I hate to say it, but the Islanders are probably one of the least attractive teams to play for in the entire league.

I know we aren't supposed to post 'unsubstantiated' rumours on this board, but I've talked to two NHL players about this and was left with the impression that the Isles don't have a good reputation as an organization around the league. One was a former player who was traded away to a small market team a few years ago, but he said the way he is treated by the organization and the city in general were like night and day.

Old
08-17-2005, 04:24 PM
NYIsles1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Golie
It's easy to ask why Mad Mike can't sign people like other teams do but it's hard to face reality. I hate to say it, but the Islanders are probably one of the least attractive teams to play for in the entire league.

I know we aren't supposed to post 'unsubstantiated' rumours on this board, but I've talked to two NHL players about this and was left with the impression that the Isles don't have a good reputation as an organization around the league. One was a former player who was traded away to a small market team a few years ago, but he said the way he is treated by the organization and the city in general were like night and day.
It seems to work both ways. Peca wanted to come here, Lukowich left the team that won the cup to come here and seemed thrilled to talk up the great Islander teams. Gary Galley wanted to be here and talked of the great cup teams also.

Bottom line money talks. Outside of Yzerman no one has stayed anywhere for a discount with any team.

Old
08-17-2005, 04:37 PM
Capt Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYIsles1
It seems to work both ways. Peca wanted to come here, Lukowich left the team that won the cup to come here and seemed thrilled to talk up the great Islander teams. Gary Galley wanted to be here and talked of the great cup teams also.

Bottom line money talks. Outside of Yzerman no one has stayed anywhere for a discount with any team.
Toronto also seems to be getting discounts with guys, but not resignings, FA signings. But they also are buying damaged goods with a lot of these discounts in Allison, Lindros, etc. so who knows? O'Neill is the one signing that was definitely a home-team discount.

I always question when a guy is traded away and proceeds to badmouth the organization. Why believe him? Some people want to believe he's speaking the truth, but it just as soon could be sour grapes. E.g., Peca's comments in the Edmonton papers sound eerily reminiscent of the pablum he put forth when he arrived here (so excited, want to win a Cup, think I can provide more O, can't wait to play a wide open game, blah blah blah). His comments badmouthing our direction, etc. to me are a bit of sour grapes that the organization "sided" with Yashin over him. AA's comments about our direction also sound to me like a guy who was disappointed we didn't give him the $$$ he thought the "deserved."

It's like Messier's rants on going to Vancouver. He's another guy like Peca who are supposed to be these great leaders, then signed for more money elsewhere and tried to portray it as his old team didn't show him enough respect. It was b.s., they just didn't meet his ludicrous salary demands like Vancouver did. But to Messier, that was a lack of respect.

Closed Thread