HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hossa's arbitration date is Aug. 23

Closed Thread

Old
08-22-2005, 10:26 PM
SensItComing

vCash: 500
Am I the only one who's really bitter about this? Hossa is really p!##ing me off. I wouldn't be at all upset to see Muckler send his greedy carcass to rot in a city that doesn't care about hockey. Yes he makes the Sens a better team BUT playing for the Sens makes him a better player too.

Old
08-22-2005, 10:26 PM
Tap on the Ankle
expert analysis

I don't think he'll get that much. I think $5.5m tops. I believe $7m is the record, and that was under the old CBA, so roll that back 24% and it becomes $5.3m.

The Sens will have a fairly strong case with Hejduk only making $3.8m or so, and he's closer to that than Iginla (2 Richards, 1 Art Ross) or Thornton (franchise centre, 100pt season). But the Lecavalier contract might up his price some. I'm gonna guess $5.0m.

Old
08-22-2005, 11:02 PM
V for Voodoo

Send a message via AIM to V for Voodoo Send a message via MSN to V for Voodoo
How does arbitration work under the new CBA? I remember reading that it would be like MLB (both camps submit a figure, plead their case, and the arbitrator picks one or the other - no in between). Is that how it actually works?

If so, it'll be really interesting to see what $ figure each side puts forward.
Or i could just be way off as usual.

Old
08-23-2005, 05:11 AM
Lexicon Devil

If it's not settled, my prediction is one-year, $4.0 million, for reasons i've outlined in several threads.

Old
08-23-2005, 06:02 AM
Kickabrat
WHAT - ME WORRY?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexicon Devil
If it's not settled, my prediction is one-year, $4.0 million, for reasons i've outlined in several threads.
I predict $4-$4.5M (also outlined in other threads) and he will get traded before the season ends..

Old
08-23-2005, 06:36 AM
miser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensItComing
Am I the only one who's really bitter about this? Hossa is really p!##ing me off. I wouldn't be at all upset to see Muckler send his greedy carcass to rot in a city that doesn't care about hockey. Yes he makes the Sens a better team BUT playing for the Sens makes him a better player too.
I can't be bitter about this stuff anymore. Arbitration and contract negotiations aren't the best side of the game. However, put his name on a contract and everyone will jump back on the Hossa bandwagon.

Old
08-23-2005, 07:37 AM
c_mak

Send a message via MSN to c_mak
If you believe anyting that is written in the Sun it looks like Hossa will be heading for arbitration at 9:00 here's the link
http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Hock...84302-sun.html
Interesting that San Jose and the Rangers have been calling. Wonder what they'd offer?
Kinda frightens me how many of Ottawa's good young players would have their contracts end next year. If Hossa signs a one year deal then he, Havlat, Spezza, Chara and Redden will all need new deals.
I hope Hossa signs a longer deal otherwise we may loose him after this year and that would suck.

Old
08-23-2005, 08:31 AM
Egil

So I guess it went to arbitration then?

Old
08-23-2005, 08:40 AM
brucegarrioch

Quote:
Originally Posted by south end super star
If you believe anyting that is written in the Sun it looks like Hossa will be heading for arbitration at 9:00 here's the link
http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Hock...84302-sun.html
Interesting that San Jose and the Rangers have been calling. Wonder what they'd offer?
Kinda frightens me how many of Ottawa's good young players would have their contracts end next year. If Hossa signs a one year deal then he, Havlat, Spezza, Chara and Redden will all need new deals.
I hope Hossa signs a longer deal otherwise we may loose him after this year and that would suck.
I was under the impression that Hossa, coming out of arbitration, can only sign a one-year deal, however, Ottawa can negotiate a longer deal after January 1, 2006.

I expect Redden and Chara to sign similar contract extensions at some point during the season. Havlat and Spezza will no doubt be back in the fold next season. Unfortunatly, I can't say the same about Marian Hossa; his contract situation really worries me.

Old
08-23-2005, 08:43 AM
c_mak

Guess so.. I have beeen flipping through sportsnet, tsn, and the score... so far no news.. call me a pessimist but i think that is bad .. not hearing could mean the arbitration is draggin on which could lead to hard feelings between the Sens and Hossa. ah well there is always hope

Old
08-23-2005, 08:47 AM
brucegarrioch

Quote:
Originally Posted by south end super star
Guess so.. I have beeen flipping through sportsnet, tsn, and the score... so far no news.. call me a pessimist but i think that is bad .. not hearing could mean the arbitration is draggin on which could lead to hard feelings between the Sens and Hossa. ah well there is always hope
I have a feeling it's a lengthy process; by no means would it be wrapped already. However, it does signal how far apart both parties are in terms of financial value.

Old
08-23-2005, 08:55 AM
jamiebez

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG
I have a feeling it's a lengthy process; by no means would it be wrapped already. However, it does signal how far apart both parties are in terms of financial value.
I believe its scheduled for the entire morning (till noon).

According to CJOH last night, the arbitrator's decision must be handed down within 24 hours, so we'll likely know tonight or early tomorrow.

Old
08-23-2005, 08:59 AM
c_mak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG
That's what worries me most... and for the most part I have never thought of Hossa as a greedy player. I hope a) he hasn't changed in the year away or b) he's getting bad advice from his agent, or c) is looking to get out of ottawa and see's this year as his ticket to free agency

Old
08-23-2005, 09:02 AM
Egil

We have had many players file for arbitration, We have settled with quite a few (Phillips, Chara) but have gone the whole way with a few including Wade Redden and Radek Bonk.

Old
08-23-2005, 09:12 AM
Egil

HOSSA SIGNED!!!!!

3years according to sportsnet

Old
08-23-2005, 09:14 AM
Pancake Repairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egil
HOSSA SIGNED!!!!!

3years according to sportsnet
$18 Million

Old
08-23-2005, 09:16 AM
armani
Guy Likes

vCash: 1300
3 year, $18 million.

Stiff price to pay (blame Lecavalier/Nash signings), but I am glad that he is finally signed.

He will have his best season yet and would finally cash in for his performances.

Old
08-23-2005, 09:23 AM
sensfan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by miser
I can't be bitter about this stuff anymore. Arbitration and contract negotiations aren't the best side of the game. However, put his name on a contract and everyone will jump back on the Hossa bandwagon.
Exactly, everyone needs to relax and realize that it is part of the game now. Everyone in Boston was ready to give up on Thorton a couple weeks ago and now he is there for another 3 years. Everyone needs to quit the mudslinging and just let it be what it is and let the professionals do their jobs. My prediction is he'll be awarded 4.5 mil. Then they will work out a long term deal, 4 yrs 21 mil or something to that extent. I'm not sure as to why so many people come down on the player so hard, this is basically between the agent and the GM, if you want to curse someone curse the agent. Or even Muck for that matter, as crazy as the Ignila/Thorton demands, Muckler's low ball offers to his best forward are almost as equally insulting.

Old
08-23-2005, 09:28 AM
sensfan18

Thank god! As big of a hossa fan as i am, I find the price a little steep. Now he just has to go out and prove to everyone that he is worth it.

Old
08-23-2005, 10:52 AM
o-dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensfan18
Thank god! As big of a hossa fan as i am, I find the price a little steep. Now he just has to go out and prove to everyone that he is worth it.
I firmly believe he will earn every penny this season. Just from the steady progress made in the last few years to being dominant in Europe during the strike, I think Hossa will show that he is one of the truly special players this year.

Closed Thread