HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who Is Your Favourite Commentator In The NHL?

Old
05-23-2014, 02:04 PM
donghabs98

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
houde is amazing

too bad he only does french
I remember watching a show on the NHL network on play by play guys and they did an episode on Houde and in that episode it showed a clip of him calling a Habs game in English. It was pretty strange to hear.

Here is a clip of the episode

donghabs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2014, 11:17 AM
Runner77

vCash: 500
"Again ... it was a great effort by the Blue-Blonk-Roushhhh." - Knuckles Nilan

"Louis Leblanc est toujours un kid locale." - PJ Horseface Stock

Runner77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2014, 11:28 AM
eFFeRR
Major League Hockey

1) Bob Cole
2) Doc Emrick
3) Gord Miller

I still love Cole even though he can't get names right. All he has to do is talk nonsense and he has my attention. I am.so happy Emrick is going to be the voice of NHL 15.. going to be awesome.

Gord Miller has grew on me recently. I find him entertaining when the World Juniors come around.

eFFeRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2014, 12:03 PM
RC51

I am 100% bilingual and by that I mean 100%, my French and English skills are are 100%. I have NO accent in either language. I needed to say this because I think it important if you want to assess this issue.
Clearly both Cole and Houde are the two best. Houde has a better description of the play without adding or subtracting any language twist or bias. Houde describes the play from either team with the same attention and emphasis on each play as he sees it. Cole is also very good and I am not saying Cole is just an ordinary play by play describer, he is the best of all the English play by play guys, Houde is just a bit better.

RC51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2014, 12:16 PM
Runner77

The worst jeckyl-and-hyde act has to be Mitch Melnick, who makes a completely rational assessment one minute and the next, engages his sidekicks into creeper sex topics during an afternoon radio show ... where Chez Parée is a sponsor.

Cherchez les erreurs.

Old
06-01-2014, 12:46 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner77 View Post
The worst jeckyl-and-hyde act has to be Mitch Melnick, who makes a completely rational assessment one minute and the next, engages his sidekicks into creeper sex topics during an afternoon radio show ... where Chez Parée is a sponsor.

Cherchez les erreurs.
I thought you were going to say that he would make a completely rational statement one minute only to follow it up with completely jumping the shark the next.

Also I listen to sports radio to hear sports radio, not whatever ****** music he feels like shoving down my throat that day.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2014, 12:53 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
I am 100% bilingual and by that I mean 100%, my French and English skills are are 100%. I have NO accent in either language. I needed to say this because I think it important if you want to assess this issue.
Clearly both Cole and Houde are the two best. Houde has a better description of the play without adding or subtracting any language twist or bias. Houde describes the play from either team with the same attention and emphasis on each play as he sees it. Cole is also very good and I am not saying Cole is just an ordinary play by play describer, he is the best of all the English play by play guys, Houde is just a bit better.
I can't claim that my french is at 100% like when I was a kid, I lost some growing up, but I really don't care what language I watch hockey in. I choose to watch on RDS because of Houde.

Cole doesn't know what's going on half the time. Doesn't know the players. Calls **** wrong too much. I'm also not overly fond of any of the color commentary associated with Cole. Whether it's millen or galley. A resounding meh for both those guys.

I'll admit it was a slightly tougher decision when Brunet and Pednault were still on RDS, but I still thought Houde was the best option even then. Now with Denis, probably one of the best color commentators in all of hockey broadcasting... choice is very easy for me.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2014, 01:05 PM
Runner77

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Also I listen to sports radio to hear sports radio, not whatever ****** music he feels like shoving down my throat that day.
And that too. Does he not realize the obscure songs he plays will not be heard within a mile of another human ear, EVER again? Most of that stuff is written by people way late to the party, trying to recreate the 60s. I don't even think it's music -- sounds more like a cry for help by random desperados who can't find a day job. Radio panhandling.

Old
06-03-2014, 06:40 AM
thewall

Hughson.. Randorf.. Romanuk and Cole signed by Rogers to be their broadcasters...im a bit disapointed.. not a huge fan of Randorf and Romanuk... but then again they are way better then Mark Lee.

thewall is offline   Reply With Quote