HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tue., Apr. 1, 2014| Flyers 0 at Blues 1 (0-2 in the shootout)

Old
04-01-2014, 11:07 PM
Striiker
Orange and Black

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoBlues View Post
I agree with the person who quoted you. You guys looked freaking great tonight. You got a point against the best team in the West on "away" ice. Good job.
Yeah, and I'm happy about getting points off of both of the top 2 team in the league, but I don't want the game decided by the shootout (win or lose). I just hate it. Anyway, good game, glad to get a much needed point, and good luck to the Blues.

Striiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
Should he start Thursday then ? Anyone who questioned him starting was basing it on his GAA and Svptg and play. Those numbers and his deteriorating body is why I don't want him playing anymore vs top teams.

Glad he played well though
No he shouldn't play Thursday but that spell he gave mason will help down the line with mason. Also we tend to forget emery has familiarity with the west. Mason can't play every game. Berube did a great job of understanding the game and who to call upon

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Curufinwe

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker View Post
The Emery white knights need to settle, nobody blamed him...
Maybe next time he is going to start you can spare us all from this type of nonsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker
Yep, Gus finally get's his looooong overdue chance to come back in and Emery is going to **** it all up. I guarantee that he lets in at least 2 really weak goals that will be 100% his fault but somehow Gus will be blamed. The ONLY way we win this game is if the offense and defense play out of their minds, they're not getting and support from the goalie tonight.

Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2014, 11:09 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
They may have carried the play, but we really limited their high quality chances
The Flyers defense did a good job but St. Louis wasn't exactly putting on an accuracy display with their shots tonight neither.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2014, 11:09 PM
bennysflyers16

Anyone see Sid embellish a punch to the head,,,,,,,

By the Lineman !

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2014, 11:12 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

These horrifying anti-smoking commercials make me want to go huff down a cigar out of spite for making me see them.

04-01-2014, 11:13 PM
illninofan*
Jimmies = Unrustled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
I agree. They really need a star forward to take them over the top. They dont have it.
Vladimir Tarasenko. Can't stress how much of a different team we are with him in the lineup.

illninofan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2014, 11:14 PM
Curufinwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
These horrifying anti-smoking commercials make me want to go huff down a cigar out of spite for making me see them.
The NHL Network has so many ads for trans-vaginal mesh lawsuits. Who do they think is watching that channel?

Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2014, 11:15 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 0
Quote:
Start small, an intermediate suggestion:

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2014, 11:15 PM
Tripod

We just went 6-2-2 in a 10 game stretch in which we only had 2 games against teams with less points than us. And we won those 2 games.

To take that further:

Last 20 games we are 13-4-3 in which we had 7 games against teams worse than us.

We should be very happy with this stretch of games.

Emery has 6 goals against in his last 4 starts.

Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2014, 11:19 PM
Jtown

Quote:
I thought Giroux and Couturier had down games overall. Rinaldo, aside from a shift in the 1st where he tried to be Voracek, had the best game I can recall from him in a while, and Voracek was great too. Coburn was also quietly solid. The rest of the D group took turns either being good or being bad .
I agree about G and Coots. I don't even think it was St. Louis that impacted G's game that much I just felt like he was not in the right frame of mind. Coots has looked slower as of late. I think he is waring down again. WHen he skates through the neutral zone he labors.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2014, 11:22 PM
Garbage Goal

Ryan Miller stole it, Emery got exposed in the shoot out but did as hoped in regulation. Got a point so I'm cool with it considering the standings and circumstances .

This Ray Emery talk sounds eerily similar to the Michael Leighton talk in the SCF year in a way. Key phrase there is "in a way", before anyone jumps on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
they really need to separate SOW from RW
ROW.

I know what you mean, but that's what ROW does. Logistically you can't separate shoot out wins from regular wins in the normal standings without doing a three point system and the league will likely never do that.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2014, 11:25 PM
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
Anyone see Sid embellish a punch to the head,,,,,,,

By the Lineman !
oh yeah. It's all over facebook.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2014, 11:27 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
Start small, an intermediate suggestion:

Yes, this involves less nausea than chugging a cigar. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
I agree about G and Coots. I don't even think it was St. Louis that impacted G's game that much I just felt like he was not in the right frame of mind. Coots has looked slower as of late. I think he is waring down again. WHen he skates through the neutral zone he labors.
I saw the same thing, STL forwards were hounding him and catching him in the neutral zone.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2014, 11:29 PM
FrankM95149
Im Just Gonna Jake

Let's just all take a moment to laugh at the Crapitals. SOoo glad they are going to miss the playoffs. Garbage team

FrankM95149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2014, 11:36 PM
Striiker
Orange and Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
Maybe next time he is going to start you can spare us all from this type of nonsense.
Do I need to put a couple of these after every post to make sure you don't think I'm being 100% literal and serious?

Quote:
Yep, Gus finally get's his looooong overdue chance to come back in and Emery is going to **** it all up. I guarantee that he lets in at least 2 really weak goals that will be 100% his fault but somehow Gus will be blamed.
Again, not 100% literal, nearly every time I mention Gus I exaggerate and joke about him and here I used Emery to do it. A bunch of people joke about how every time somebody does something wrong Gus gets blamed, since I didn't expect Emery to be amazing tonight he was the most likely person to ruin Gus's career (not literally ).

Quote:
The ONLY way we win this game is if the offense and defense play out of their minds, they're not getting and support from the goalie tonight.
The is pretty obvious, we were about to play one of the best teams in the league, they had no chance if they didn't play great and since Emery had been horrible in his last two starts there was no reason to think that he would play much better against a better team. The only way they were winning this game was if the offense and defense played great because obviously our goalie wasn't going to outplay Miller. And I was right, the team played great but Miller was perfect. Emery played fine but he didn't have any incredible saves like Miller did. For the most part the Flyers had much better quality chances. Did I literally think they would get zero support from him tonight? Obviously not, but I can see how you would think that I am since you take everything 100% literally.

Old
04-01-2014, 11:38 PM
Stizzle

The boys are really playing well. Our defense actually looks very respectable. There is a lot to be pleased about right now. They are playing in playoff-style games against the best and going toe-to-toe. Overall, I'm just super happy about the last couple of weeks. The Flyers are going to be a tough out in the playoffs if they keep playing like this.

Stizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2014, 11:39 PM
flyersfan018

Got 2 points out of the top 2 teams in the league. Can't really complain. Just wish they'd get rid of the ****ing shootout.

flyersfan018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2014, 11:43 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan018 View Post
Got 2 points out of the top 2 teams in the league. Can't really complain. Just wish they'd get rid of the ****ing shootout.
A stat was cited which stated that there has been only one other instance the Flyers played consecutive games against 50+ win teams and that was early 80s against the Islanders (both games).

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2014, 11:45 PM
Striiker
Orange and Black

The best part about their recent games is that they're peaking at the perfect time, they're starting to play a lot of really good teams and sticking right with them right before the playoffs start. If they can keep this up they're going to be dangerous.

Old
04-02-2014, 12:01 AM
Flyerfan4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
Btw, the defense was excellent tonight. No second chance opportunities and very quick, crisp breakouts. Well done by that unit.
weird... Gus returns to lineup, and the Defense plays excellent...

anyone see the corelation ???

Flyerfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2014, 12:03 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Happy with the intensity the Flyers have shown against two elite teams. Content with 1 point against each. Wish we were better in shootouts. Emery was very good the whole game but I knew in the shootout he would have a tough go of it...sure enough.

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2014, 12:06 AM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan4life View Post

Yes. Berube thinking, "Man, if Timonen had played we would have won. Gus, get back to the press box!"

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2014, 12:11 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Yes. Berube thinking, "Man, if Timonen had played we would have won. Gus, get back to the press box!"
Berube's next thought, immediately after that:

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2014, 12:12 AM
Striiker
Orange and Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan4life View Post

Our hero has returned, he single handedly stopped every STL chance and was only 3 goals from a hat trick, pretty solid. No doubt he's sitting again next game if Timonen is back...