HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

4/1: AV returns to Vancouver (McDonagh injury "not serious")

View Poll Results: 3 stars pls
Hank 107 83.59%
Hagelin 4 3.13%
D-Step 7 5.47%
Nash 20 15.63%
MSL finally (yes, I'm allowing him to be in the poll tonight) 68 53.13%
Richards 3 2.34%
Dom Masterton Moore 10 7.81%
Zucca 23 17.97%
Brassard 14 10.94%
Pouliot 43 33.59%
Boyle 7 5.47%
Carcillo 22 17.19%
Dorsett 5 3.91%
Staal 6 4.69%
Stralman 4 3.13%
McDonagh 26 20.31%
G 11 8.59%
Diaz 4 3.13%
Klein 3 2.34%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
04-02-2014, 10:28 AM
Ail
Kidmograph tho.

vCash: 500
McD frustrates players, everyone knows he is their best defensemen, and player not named Lundqvist. He's too good against their top offensive lines and they want him gone. I don't blame people for trying to hurt him when he does that to their offenses. We just have to hope they never succeed.

Old
04-02-2014, 10:34 AM
The Life of Pavel
TLOP

When Callahan separated his shoulder last year I believe the prognosis was 10-14 days. If the McDonagh injury is similar, he'd be back right in time for the playoffs.

Old
04-02-2014, 10:38 AM
SnowblindNYR

I just got dumber reading the Flyers' thread. Apparently the Rangers overachieved this season. The team has one of the best Ds and goalies in the league so their top 5 GAA can't be it. I guess it's their bottom half of the league GFA that has them overachieving. What ********. The amount of games this team lost while outplaying the opposition and the few games they won while being outplayed, sure screams overachieving to me.

Last edited by SnowblindNYR: 04-02-2014 at 10:49 AM.
Old
04-02-2014, 10:39 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien Valuating View Post
When Callahan separated his shoulder last year I believe the prognosis was 10-14 days. If the McDonagh injury is similar, he'd be back right in time for the playoffs.
We can kiss home ice against the Flyers goodbye. Raphael Diaz as the #2 left D-man.

Old
04-02-2014, 10:42 AM
Sticky Fingers
Hayes dangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmjt4160 View Post
None of our players ever took questionable hits or got injured when we had Bic, Prust, and Rupp!!
Just not true. At all.

Old
04-02-2014, 10:43 AM
Antithesis
Member Todd White?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
I just got dumber reading the Flyers' thread. Apparently the Rangers overachieved this season. The team has one of the best Ds and goalies in the league so their top 5 GAA can't be it. I guess it's their bottom half of the league GFA that has them overachieving. What ********. The amount of games this team lost while outplaying the opposition and the few games they won, sure screams overachieving to me.
We're just gearing up for a playoff series. This happened with the Caps every year until they got tired of seeing us and just sort of went through the motions.

Old
04-02-2014, 10:48 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
Just not true. At all.
I thought he was being sarcastic but who knows.

Old
04-02-2014, 10:48 AM
aufheben
Global Moderator
#FreeClendening

vCash: 69
I don't understand why people go to the Devils and Flyers boards to read about the Rangers, do you expect to find some objective analysis? Hah

Old
04-02-2014, 10:51 AM
Levitate

Girardi actually elbowed Burrows hard in the back of the head after the hit on McDonagh so he kind of did "go after" Burrows even if he didn't then keep it up and punch him more or something

Old
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Hybrid icing

Quote:
Originally Posted by aufheben View Post
I don't understand why people go to the Devils and Flyers boards to read about the Rangers, do you expect to find some objective analysis? Hah
You get some objective views on the boards of teams we rarely play, but on rivals' boards, I think people just go to see what they comment about a Rangers win.

Old
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Yup. That's just how it goes. If you read this board during Devils games, Martin Brodeur is an average goaltender and they're an AHL-caliber team. People aren't usually objective when evaluating rival teams.

It's just pain.
Old
04-02-2014, 10:52 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
No, not at all. It was just so blatantly stupid and based on nothing. Probably based on not having star power on offense. But if you watch the Rangers play, games like yesterday where they get significantly outplayed are rare and even rarer when they win these games, games like the San Jose game and to a smaller extent the Calgary game (albeit a sloppy-ass game) where they significantly outplay the opposition and lose are much more common. Also the same poster said "I want to see them without him". I feel like the old "the Rangers aren't good except for Lundqvist" now has been replaced by "the Rangers aren't good except for McDonagh and Lundqvist". The Penguins aren't good except for Crosby, Malkin, Neal, Kunitz, and sometimes Letang.

Old
04-02-2014, 10:52 AM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
I am glad Girardi did not blow a fuse and attack Burrows. It would accomplish nothing. Last thing we need is him picking a fight he can't win or getting suspended/hurt. You guys are nuts if you think pummeling Burrows would change a single thing about this team. They are playing well and they're winning, that's all that matters to me.

Old
04-02-2014, 10:53 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megustaelhockey View Post
You get some objective views on the boards of teams we rarely play, but on rivals' boards, I think people just go to see what they comment about a Rangers win.
I was curious if they'd be celebrating the McDonagh injury or not.

Old
04-02-2014, 10:55 AM
aufheben
Global Moderator
#FreeClendening

vCash: 69
Just go to the Main board if you want some objectivity.

Old
04-02-2014, 10:58 AM
FultonReed
derailer of threads

Ulf, tho

Old
04-02-2014, 11:01 AM
Antithesis
Member Todd White?

While I know that Marc Staal is more than capable of playing close to 30 minutes a night, it's still a huge relief that McDonagh didn't break his collarbone there. Staal doesn't have the same offense, he's a pure shutdown guy and losing McDonagh would take away any offense and puckmoving ability from our blueline. We'd have to play a righty, or John Moore on 2nd pairing left side.

He's had a few scares, remember the boarding penalty in overtime last year? That looked bad too and he ended up OK.

Old
04-02-2014, 11:05 AM
dmjt4160

So we clinch with a win on Thursday and any loss by the Caps against the Devils on Friday? Cool

Old
04-02-2014, 11:05 AM
Miamipuck
Al Swearengen

I am sorry, but no matter how the <insert name for people that don't believe in fighting and frontier justice in hockey> here say a nuclear option doesn't make a difference, a nuclear option, does.

Nobody wants a Scott, well most don't. It's a total bs argument a Ranger, that will take an opponents head off if they cheapshot another NYR player won't make a difference. No, they can not prevent every injury from a cheap play, but they do prevent the habitual headhunting.

The next time a Ranger gets hurt by a questionable hit and McIlrath steps up and pummels that guy, yes, the other team will have more respect. I have played for many years and enforcers that can play, on the other team or mine, make a huge difference to the psych and/or mindset of the team.

Again, an enforcer that is a solid player, isn't a cure all, but they sure as hell make a difference.

Last edited by Megustaelhockey: 04-02-2014 at 11:12 AM. Reason: natd
Old
04-02-2014, 11:09 AM
Antithesis
Member Todd White?

While I won't agree with the sort of pointless name-calling of people who disagree with my opinion, it's clear that 99% of NHL hockey players want to keep fighting. It isn't something that injures many guys compared the the actual run of play, nor is it something, in my opinion, that keeps many people away from the game.

I'm not going to rah-rah with the monster truck, WWE, rodeo loving folks but it should be kept in.

Old
04-02-2014, 11:12 AM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
Kinda like if a Columbus fan comes to our boards, only to see people post that all people from Ohio and are hicks, and since their team has been bad they obviously know nothing about hockey.

Old
04-02-2014, 11:29 AM
tbonenc*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
help seperate player from puck. two guys on one in that situation, jar the puck loose work the puck tot he front see what happens.

Again, that's Burrows. He's going to throw that hit a minute into the game, in the 2nd period and with less than a minute to go.

I like that kind of player. I like a physical brand of hockey. I prefer to have our guys finish off checks then peel away.

Especially in the offensive zone. Hits like that wear defenceman down. Hits like that are meant to hurt the opponent. Something I do not, nor have I ever had a problem with.

Hurting a guy with a check and trying to injury a guy to me are not one and the same.

An elbow to the head like Murray on Kostka tonight in the TB-MON game is a deliberate attempt to injure. This hit by Burrows was intended to hurt McD.

To me, there's a difference. Some may not see the difference, that's ok.
I was clearly a dirty play. Burrows intent was to take a run at McDonagh.

The problem that I have is that no Ranger tried to separate Burrows' head from the rest of his body.

Old
04-02-2014, 11:32 AM
Jackson Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ail View Post
McD frustrates players, everyone knows he is their best defensemen, and player not named Lundqvist. He's too good against their top offensive lines and they want him gone. I don't blame people for trying to hurt him when he does that to their offenses. We just have to hope they never succeed.
Last week Simmonds slashes McD's wrist/hand and then last night Burrowes throws a hard hit at McD. Both late in the game with the Rangers up. Coincidence? Or are other teams starting to target him because he is very valuable to the Rangers?

Old
04-02-2014, 11:35 AM
Crazed Beaver

Clowe was supposed to address our roster imbalance and unfortunately it didn't work out. He is injured again I believe, point is that sather knows what we lack but those players cost resources we don't have. Mutually assured destruction was important when the league was nastier but the days of the pure goon are limited IMO.

In the NFL the fans thrive on the violence, mma with it's growing popularity as well. So we want huge hits, knockout etc yet we don't want a hockey player who hits to hurt? For some reason people can't accept that hockey is a violent sport nor acknowledge that violence plays a significant role, especially in playoffs. Make no mistake, two men on skates smashing into one another at high rates of speed is a violent act regardless if they drop the gloves or not.

I like our team, not sure I want anyone to sit for more aggressive alternative because we don't have any that can play outside maybe mcilrath who according to most isn't ready.

Remember what happened when Boyle dared to face wash karl from ott in playoffs? If ott felt inclined to kill boyle over a face wash what in gods name would they have done last night? Its sad and funny but mostly sad lol. Mcdonagh is our karl/subban. Mcdonagh has been targeted numerous times this yr and it's going to get worse in playoffs, he's going To be pounded. Its frustrating to watch the mcdonagh hit with no response, any other team in the league and its entirely diff response. Hes our best player and we cant do a ******* thing about it.I don't want Mac to come up just to be obligated to face a thug like rosehill. That doesn't solve anything, however, if the refs go into total let em play mode during playoffs we will get pummeled into submission and none of us want to see that, especially from a trash team like Philly.

Our pp can be a huge deterrent if we get decent officiating but we've seen how those corrupt ****s in Toronto conduct business.

Last edited by Crazed Beaver: 04-02-2014 at 11:50 AM.
Old
04-02-2014, 11:37 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
He's had a few scares, remember the boarding penalty in overtime last year? That looked bad too and he ended up OK.
The worst was that goal he scored against the Caps last year where he dragged the puck around a guy going down to block the shot and then got the shot off awkardly before collapsing on the ice and for all the world looked like he had just blown out his knee entirely.

Closed Thread