HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamilton Bulldogs & Wheeling Nailers 2014-2015 Part 4

Closed Thread

Old
04-24-2014, 10:11 AM
HCH

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I don't know, I hope there's something he's doing to develop. I guess one issue with hiring a high end junior coach like Boucher is that they'll be poached from the AHL almost immediately like Boucher was while Lefebvre is unlikely to be hired by anyone. So many players Boucher coached that season with Dogs improved their game almost immediately that season to the following year:
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/l...007912010.html
It is true that a great number of guys who played under Boucher went on to become successful, Boucher was a bit of a flop as an NHL coach. Personally I think the coach in Hamilton should be looked upon as a guy who can develop players and not as the potential future coach for the Canadiens. The last time that was successful was when Julien coached Hamilton and we all know how that worked out.

Old
04-24-2014, 10:29 AM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

Article about Leblanc: http://www.rds.ca/hockey/lah/leblanc...core-1.1138373

Old
04-24-2014, 12:04 PM
Tim Wallach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
In English:

Louis Leblanc is back in Montreal, but not in the context he wished . And perhaps - who knows? - For the last time .

Leblanc patina since Tuesday with the Black Aces , a group of a dozen players from the Hamilton Bulldogs invited to join the entourage of big club since the end of their season in the AHL.

Confined to the role of insurance , the first round pick of the Canadiens in 2009 , who played eight games in the National League this season, yet maintains the hope of playing a ninth .

"You never know what can happen," he repeated several times as he left the ice after his first training session of the week in Brossard . But while the Habs expect to know the identity of his opponent for the second round of the playoffs , the chances of the 23- years to participate actively in the success of the team that drafted by the end of its spring term seem unrealistic .

In fact, it is not unreasonable to ask whether Leblanc played his last game for the Canadiens organization . His first professional contract , a three-year pact signed in 2010 , expires and unless his services are retained by then, it will become a restricted free agent July 1.

Without dwelling on the subject, Leblanc admits , after a short hesitation, that the question has crossed his mind .

"My goal is to come back and continue , but it's out of my control . I played my three years here , I played 50 games with the Canadiens , so ... hopefully I 'll be able to have a future contract here . With the business , you never know what will happen . "

Arrived in the National League in 20 years in a context of great upheaval , Leblanc played 42 games in his rookie season under the direction of Jacques Martin and Randy Cunneyworth . But progress has slowed dramatically thereafter. Affected by an ankle injury early in the following season, he has since been unable to regain its achievements and quietly dropped in rank in the hierarchy of hopes CH .

But the native of Pointe- Claire wants to continue to fight and does not feel a change of scenery it is necessary to climb to reach new levels that lead to the NHL.

"In my first season , it had been great , I loved it . It was a dream to play for the Canadiens. I had ups and downs in the last two, but right now , my focus is on the series . We will let the season finish and see when this is finished. "

Finishing problems

Leblanc has amassed 28 points in 70 games this season in Hamilton. This is a more Christian Thomas, who nevertheless played 15 fewer games , and his 13 goals placed him fifth in the ranking of top scorers of the club , tied with Nick Tarnasky .

Deciding to ignore the statistics , coach Sylvain Lefebvre still believes that his center player has found a way to approach the NHL.

"At our level, some players are put in situations where they are more likely to be used in the National League. Louis has sometimes filled offensive missions , but has also been called upon to play a more defensive role . It was often used shorthanded or on the trio responsible for counter top opposing elements. We put in all kinds of situations , and Louis had a very good attitude. He worked very hard, I have no complaints at all . "

"It was better than last season, console meanwhile the principal party , without hesitation this time . I improved my defensive game, I learned a lot of things offensively working with Stephan Lebeau and I played big minutes in several situations. So sure that I've improved . "

But Leblanc is aware that its figures do not help to make a good impression . Author of 28 goals in 60 games in the USHL before being drafted 18th overall in 2009 , he also had a season to 26 goals in 51 games in his only season at the junior level . But in the American League , he struggles to maintain an average of a goal in five games.

" I need to improve the quality of my work around the net , he says. I had a lot of scoring chances , finishing games this season, but I could not put the puck in it. "

The correct course

In a text signed earlier this week by Brother Robert Laflamme, Canadian Press , Alex Killorn , the Tampa Bay Lightning had not refuted the theory that Leblanc, a good friend and former teammate with the Harvard Crimson , jumped steps leaving the varsity team a year after integrated for joining the QMJHL.

"It's easy to say now , but we can not go back and we 'll never know . For me, the past four years there have made ​​all the difference . It was the best thing that could happen to me " , had raised Killorn , a neighbor Leblanc offseason .

But even with hindsight, Leblanc would not alter decisions that have hitherto traced its course.

" I had a plan . I played junior and I made the Canadian team at the age of 20 , it has been great . These are experiences that I can not regret it and if I had stayed four years at Harvard, I may never have played in the National League would . One never knows . The four years in college, it worked well for Alex , but it's different for each person. "

Old
04-24-2014, 04:47 PM
FazChenyuk

If we add some veterans, Hamilton will be a sick sick team.

WIth GHetto and the additions of Carr, Crisp, Nevins, Maybe Sorkin, maybe Vaill and with Holland, Leblanc, Pateryn, Thrower... a great group of young guys.

Old
04-24-2014, 06:13 PM
Ezpz
No mad pls

I imagine Leblanc won't be back next year. More than likely going to request a trade after pooping the bed this year. They asked him to step up and he did not. Maybe he's got character though and is willing to try and prove himself.

Old
04-24-2014, 06:33 PM
Ghetto Sangria
Pura Vida

I just wonder who is going to play the center position in Hamilton. The habs have a lot of depth on the wings, but there aren't very many centers... especially if Vail doesn't get signed.

Old
04-24-2014, 09:08 PM
Draft

So what does the roster look like for next year?

Carr, Leblanc(?), Andrighetto, Thomas, DLR, Holland, Fournier, Nattinen(?), Crisp, Czarnik(?), Vail(?)..... Any word on vets sticking around (Blunden, St.P, Tarnasky)?

I agree with DertyDonglz, not a lot of offensively skilled centre depth.

Old
04-24-2014, 09:29 PM
Whitesnake
Mediocre Stability

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post

Carr, Leblanc(?), Andrighetto, Thomas, DLR, Holland, Fournier, Nattinen(?), Crisp, Czarnik(?), Vail(?)..... Any word on vets sticking around (Blunden, St.P, Tarnasky)?

We need 1 or 2 Centermen vets. I'd target Travis Morin in a trade. Or try to get Pascal Pelletier, Ben Street. Or I do have another solution.....Scott Gomez.

Old
04-24-2014, 09:32 PM
Habnot

Quote:

Don't forget Hudon, Nevins

Old
04-24-2014, 10:49 PM
Tyson

Condon with 6 shut outs in his last 9 games. Amazing in any league

Old
04-24-2014, 11:20 PM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
All of a suden we have a good goalie depth witch Condon, Tokarski, Dubnyk (doubt we keep him) and Fucale all behind Peter and Carey.

Old
04-25-2014, 01:02 AM
Alexdaman
Wolfman

vCash: 50
I don't like:

Quote:
My goal is to come back and continue , but it's out of my control . I played my three years here , I played 50 games with the Canadiens , so ... hopefully I 'll be able to have a future contract here . With the business , you never know what will happen
If he thinks its out of his control its because he thinks he has been good enough to play on this team or in the NHL. If he cannot feel the urgency of the commitment he needs to show in the AHL and that his fate is not in his hands then he wont ever make the league.

The reason why hes not on this roster has nothing to do with business. I bet thats what his friends and family tell him.

Old
04-25-2014, 08:09 AM
Treb

vCash: 867
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
That guy should have been in the AHL this year. Obviously, too strong for ECHL.,

Old
04-25-2014, 08:25 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! BOOOOO!

vCash: 50
Quote:

Blunden will likely be replacing Vanek on the top line if Vanek signs elsewhere.

Old
04-25-2014, 08:35 AM
WeThreeKings
Retired.

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Condon is beginning to halak the echl.

That's a good sign. Mike condon does a lot of work between periods.

Old
04-25-2014, 10:19 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habnot View Post
Don't forget Hudon, Nevins
I could see Nevins starting the year in the ECHL, though he's making a case for himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FazChenyuk View Post
If we add some veterans, Hamilton will be a sick sick team.

WIth GHetto and the additions of Carr, Crisp, Nevins, Maybe Sorkin, maybe Vaill and with Holland, Leblanc, Pateryn, Thrower... a great group of young guys.
They need a real coach first.

Old
04-25-2014, 11:15 AM
Whitesnake
Mediocre Stability

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
I don't like:

If he thinks its out of his control its because he thinks he has been good enough to play on this team or in the NHL. If he cannot feel the urgency of the commitment he needs to show in the AHL and that his fate is not in his hands then he wont ever make the league.

The reason why hes not on this roster has nothing to do with business. I bet thats what his friends and family tell him.
He's probably just saying that RIGHT NOW, it's the Habs decision to offer him something or else he's going UFA. So it's really out of his control whether he signs or not. But yes, if he would have take matters in his own hands and play better...he would have helped his faith. Pretty sure that's not what he meant though.

Old
04-25-2014, 12:17 PM
Foxhole Fred

I've been a Leblanc fan, and have been pulling for him. I think he could fill a need on the RW on even C in the bottom 6. Obviously, he hasn't shown that he's likely to be a top 6 NHLer but for those that have watched him all year in the A, is there anything to say he could and should be a dependable bottom 6 for the Habs?

From what I've seen he's lacked the consistency and skating for everyday duty in this role. Anyone have more insights on this?

Old
04-25-2014, 01:19 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

I see Dumont, Blunden, Tarnasky returning. Leblanc will be dealt imo.

Old
04-25-2014, 02:22 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Mike condon does a lot of work between periods.

Old
04-25-2014, 04:47 PM
S Bah

Any player's thinking of careers with the Habs, should be aware that young inexperienced players like Jacques Lemaire, Guy Lafleur, Marc Tardif, Rejean Houle and Pierre Mondou just in the early 70's went through growing pains. Some in the WHA and some in Nova Sotia Voyageurs, but they all served an apprenticeship somewhere.

The process made better players out of each one, more complete players, ones the coaches could trust in most circumstances. It wasn't aimed at breaking their confidence, but at what bad habits they had learned, before falling into the laps of professional players that had eked out careers in the NHL.

The fallacies that most people live under is talented players will always succeed so easily. This isn't the case unfortunately and many players can't cope with the pressures others put on them, or the ones they have for themselves. The ones that do persist and become pros with prolonged careers, can also be great tutors/coaches to help the prospects in coping with the realities of life in hockey or using what they learn in all aspects of life outside of hockey.

It takes a very caring and hardened person to be able to cope with and see the successes and failures of these dreams. Coaches and GM's are the people that have to speak the hard truths needed. I don't know about other people but no pay could be offered that would entice me, other than helping ease the truth to some of the young hopefuls. In this way they would learn ways to be helpful in society and that might be enticing?

Good Luck to all of our prospects and I believe the Habs pick the strongest character types for these reasons. Their leadership qualities either in hockey or society will hold them in good stature in either case.

Old
04-25-2014, 06:07 PM
odishabs

Andrighetto - Jones - Holland

Carr - Dumont - Blunden

Hudon - De La Rose - Thomas

Crisp - Czarnik - Nevins

**Blair Jones

Last edited by odishabs: 04-25-2014 at 06:48 PM.
Old
04-25-2014, 08:01 PM
dcal64

Quote:
Originally Posted by odishabs View Post
Andrighetto - Jones - Holland

Carr - Dumont - Blunden

Hudon - De La Rose - Thomas

Crisp - Czarnik - Nevins

**Blair Jones
The Habs will not resign Czarnik, was a healthy scratch for most of the games.

Old
04-25-2014, 08:39 PM
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon

DLR-St.Pierre-Andrighetto
Hudon-Dumont-Blunden
Leblanc -Carr-Thomas
Crisp-Nattinen-Nevins

Looks good to me, but I am far from a expert

Old
04-25-2014, 09:09 PM
Habs Icing
Formerly Onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Condon is beginning to halak the echl.

That's a good sign. Mike condon does a lot of work between periods.
When you say periods do you mean his or his girlfriend's?

Closed Thread