HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Hamilton Bulldogs & Wheeling Nailers 2013-2014 Part 4

Old
04-27-2014, 11:58 AM
HCH

vCash: 500
With Jack Nevins, Connor Crisp, Jacob de la Rose and Daniel Carr all ready to jump to the pros, the left wing position could look very different for the Bulldogs next year. Maybe the Habs will use de la Rose at center but he seemed to spend a lot of time at LW during the WJC.

Depending on how he looked, Sorkin could also be in the mix. I haven't seen enough games so I am not sure if Andrighetto plays the majority of his games at LW or RW but if it is LW, the depth at the position has gone from very thin to very deep in one year.

Again, depending on how the team expects to use de la Rose, center is a position where the team could use more depth. With a little more talent around him St Pierre could be the guy everyone hoped he would be... that is if the team decides to bring him back.

After that it is a hodge podge of guys including Macenauer, Dumont, Nattinen and Czarnik. With that group it is no wonder the team struggled. Personally, I would like to see Nattinen and Dumont given one more year. I don't foresee Czarnik or Macenauer back with the team. That is why I would like to see the team sign Vail and a really strong veteran.

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2014, 10:04 PM
FazChenyuk

Yeah, we need to fix Hamilton and the new wave of young players will help instead of playing guys like Czarnik, Courtnall or Owens.

The numbers our prospects are putting there are really low and it's not normal. Holland had an awful year and Thomas and Leblanc too. Good years for Ghetto or Pateryn though.

FazChenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2014, 04:48 AM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
With Jack Nevins, Connor Crisp, Jacob de la Rose and Daniel Carr all ready to jump to the pros, the left wing position could look very different for the Bulldogs next year. Maybe the Habs will use de la Rose at center but he seemed to spend a lot of time at LW during the WJC.

Depending on how he looked, Sorkin could also be in the mix. I haven't seen enough games so I am not sure if Andrighetto plays the majority of his games at LW or RW but if it is LW, the depth at the position has gone from very thin to very deep in one year.

Again, depending on how the team expects to use de la Rose, center is a position where the team could use more depth. With a little more talent around him St Pierre could be the guy everyone hoped he would be... that is if the team decides to bring him back.

After that it is a hodge podge of guys including Macenauer, Dumont, Nattinen and Czarnik. With that group it is no wonder the team struggled. Personally, I would like to see Nattinen and Dumont given one more year. I don't foresee Czarnik or Macenauer back with the team. That is why I would like to see the team sign Vail and a really strong veteran.
Hamilton Bulldogs will really take on the appearance of a Marc Bergevin team next season, mirroring the parent club in all aspects. Except the forwards, many will of course but the jumbo sized Crisp and tough as nails Nevins, Thrower, Deitz, McIvor and Fournier will be a core group that the Habs will mirror in a few yrs. along with McCarron.

Players like Hudon, Thomas, Andrighetto, Dumont & Holland are going to be the smaller playmaking sparkplugs that keep the engine churning, while the grinding tough forwards and defencemen will make room for their star teammates to perform their magic. Carr being more of a PWF/Scorer, the Bulldogs will have all the shooters necessary for a change and a top flight goaltending trio with Tokarski, Condon and Dubnyk becoming a solid goalie brigade with Fucale still coming.

Mac Bennett will be a rookie Dman in the AHL and could help to make the Bulldogs PP one to be feared playing alongside his old partner on defence in Michigan Greg Pateryn whose offensive prowess blossomed in Hamilton over his first two yrs. as a Pro in the AHL.

The Bulldogs should make some real headway to becoming a force to reckon with after the last two dismal seasons. With new GM Bergevin's draft choices and free agent signings, I expect a very different look to the Habs farm team. One that is very hard working team that plays a disciplined Hab system based on a 200 ft. game of punishing hitting & checking their opposition to frustrating proportions.

While being able to transition to offence for quick strikes when the opponents cough up the puck. Stephane Lebeau will have their PP running smoothly in his 2nd season as the offensive coach, and the return of Sven Andrighetto with Charles Hudon & Jacob De la Rose giving him some first class offensive players to coordinate his attack and the aforementioned Bennett & Pateryn on the points, Lebeau will have serious firepower and some elite playmaking to work with.

It's going to be a fun year for Bulldogs fans of that I can assure them, and with Crisp, Nevins, Thrower, Fournier, Deitz, McIvor and Tarnasky the Bulldogs will have bite like their name suggests.

S Bah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2014, 11:52 PM
ForsbergForever
Red Rocket

Any news on when/if the Habs plan on signing Vail? I mean honestly they'd be crazy not to with his potential only just beginning to emerge. Also will Fucale be making the jump to Hamilton next season?

ForsbergForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 06:31 AM
Treb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergForever View Post
Any news on when/if the Habs plan on signing Vail? I mean honestly they'd be crazy not to with his potential only just beginning to emerge. Also will Fucale be making the jump to Hamilton next season?
Fucale is too young, he can't.

Treb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 10:31 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergForever View Post
It's still far to early for Bergevin's focus to be off of the progress of the Habs, Montreal's caught the Hab Fever in a huge way and everything else is kind of secondary, IMHO. Vail has shown his stuff, Bergevin is aware of this I'm confident he will be in Hamilton come August or after the Habs Camp.

Old
05-08-2014, 01:41 PM
EveryDay

I know its early but just for fun......

Hudon-Andrighetto-Holland
Thomas-DLR-Carr
Sorkin-Dumont-Leblanc
Nevins-Crisp-Fournier

*Bozon???

Bennett-Pateryn
Dietz-Ellis
Chouinard-Drewiske
Thrower

Tokarski
Mayer/Condon

*** Too many rookies up front right?

EveryDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 02:01 PM
ForsbergForever
Red Rocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post

Thomas-DLR-Carr
Sorkin-Dumont-Leblanc
Nevins-Crisp-Fournier

*Bozon???

Bennett-Pateryn
Dietz-Ellis
Chouinard-Drewiske
Thrower

Tokarski
Mayer/Condon

Since I was just asking about him, you don't have Vail in your line-up, I'd also like to see Tarnasky return next season, the game I saw him at the Bell Centre he was hitting, fought and scored a goal, plus having a veteran like him would be good for the young roster. Also what about Joonas Nattinen?

ForsbergForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 04:20 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:

Thomas-DLR-Carr
Sorkin-Dumont-Leblanc
Nevins-Crisp-Fournier

*Bozon???

Bennett-Pateryn
Dietz-Ellis
Chouinard-Drewiske
Thrower

Tokarski
Mayer/Condon

has there been any news on Sorkin whether he's going to stick around?

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 10:40 PM
Treb

Quote:

Thomas-DLR-Carr
Sorkin-Dumont-Leblanc
Nevins-Crisp-Fournier

*Bozon???

Bennett-Pateryn
Dietz-Ellis
Chouinard-Drewiske
Thrower

Tokarski
Mayer/Condon

Andrighetto - MSP - UFA AHLer scorer
Thomas - DLR - Leblanc
Hudon- Dumont - Holland
Sorkin - Crisp - Carr
Nevins/Fournier (1 in ECHL)

Bozon in the CHL to recover from meningitis

Beaulieu or Tinordi (whoever doesn't make it at camp) or real AHL vet D- Pateryn
Bennett - Dietz
Drewiske/Thrower/Ellis

Tokarksi
Condon

Mayer to hell

Old
05-09-2014, 06:12 AM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:

Thomas-DLR-Carr
Sorkin-Dumont-Leblanc
Nevins-Crisp-Fournier

*Bozon???

Bennett-Pateryn
Dietz-Ellis
Chouinard-Drewiske
Thrower

Tokarski
Mayer/Condon

Looks like the kind of AHL team I have all the time in 'Be a GM'

I think it's a way too young and inexperienced lineup, when Dumont and Pateryn are the veterans, there's something weird, I'd be very surprised if they don't plug 2 or 3 veterans in the team.

Vasculio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2014, 07:29 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:

Thomas-DLR-Carr
Sorkin-Dumont-Leblanc
Nevins-Crisp-Fournier

*Bozon???

Bennett-Pateryn
Dietz-Ellis
Chouinard-Drewiske
Thrower

Tokarski
Mayer/Condon

That lineup will NOT make the playoffs again. You need some vets in there. All great to be there to be prepared for the NHL team, but there's a freakin limit to teach how to lose...

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2014, 11:18 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Assuming Tinordi makes the Habs, Blunden get signed, Leblanc is let go, and Vail isn't signed:

Sven Andrighetto - UFA C - Christian Thomas
Charles Hudon* - Gabriel Dumont - Mike Blunden
Connor Crisp* - Jacob De La Rose* - Patrick Holland
Justin Courtnall/Daniel Carr*/Jack Nevins* - UFA C - Stefan Fournier

Nathan Beaulieu - Greg Pateryn
Davis Drewiske - Morgan Ellis
Mac Bennett* - Darren Dietz/Dalton Thrower*/UFA D

Dustin Tokarski
Mike Condon*

Not much younger than most AHL teams. Lot of 2nd/3rd year pros, most of the rookies will be playing limited roles outside maybe Hudon/DLR.

They really need a star C and someone other than just Andrighetto to be scoring on W. Maybe Thomas becomes as good as Palushaj and fills that role.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2014, 12:48 PM
larrypacman8167

is delarose a sure thing for ahl next year ór you guys are just assuming

larrypacman8167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2014, 02:47 PM
S Bah

Quote:

Thomas-DLR-Carr
Sorkin-Dumont-Leblanc
Nevins-Crisp-Fournier

*Bozon???

Bennett-Pateryn
Dietz-Ellis
Chouinard-Drewiske
Thrower

Tokarski
Mayer/Condon

Very nice 4th line, but they might be one high scoring, heavy hitting bunch, throw in McIvor with Thrower as a defence pairing & Dubnyk in nets and that's a real AHL lineup. One that gives the Bulldogs more of a Pitbull type of mentality, a little push with the bite to back it up. This is not to say Pitbulls are nasty, cause mine is like a *****cat lapdog, it's all about the owner. In Hamilton's case having Lefebvre as coach (former NHL Dman hard working) appreciates the finer aspects of hockey, while also knowing the value in protecting those assets.

Having a team that can bark, while also having the bite to back it up, will change the attitude of many teams. Most of which have made hay off of the Bulldogs in this manner for many years now, thank GM Bergevin for instilling the necessary muscle and talent it takes to win in the AHL and then the NHL. It's coming Hab and Bulldog fans, take my word on that if you doubt the intentions of Bergevin & his Front Office.

Gone are the days of trying for the quick strike Stanley Cup teams, and now for the real McCoy's, built with the strongest Management team hockey has known since the Sammy Pollock days of the 60's & 70's. Montreal won't be the same again for a long time, with a team that will be threatening to win the SC every season, Hab Fever will be prevalent all year long as it was in the 70's.

Hang on for the ride of your life, is my advice to those fans that haven't witnessed Montreal with the Habs winning the Stanley Cup. It's coming and calling it Hab Fever may not do the spirit justice, just my opinion, but I've witnessed at least 15 SC triumph's by the Habs it might be 17 but you get the idea, watching the progress of the players coming from the Nova Scotia Voyageurs in the 70's. Which was no easy matter on the west coast in those days, before internet, I bought every hockey magazine and Montreal newspapers to stay on top of every prospect's progress on whatever team they were on, since the 60's, so I understand a little bit about building a winning team.

The Habs & Bulldogs are both headed for the top echelon's and intend to stay there for a long time, enjoy it while you can it won't always be this great, believe Dat!

Old
05-09-2014, 11:32 PM
Good Luck Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrypacman8167 View Post
is delarose a sure thing for ahl next year ór you guys are just assuming
He signed an ELC, it's expected he'll play this season in the AHL and next in the NHL.

Good Luck Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2014, 01:05 AM
deandebean

De La Rose COULD surprise many people next season. Bergevin is known to give the chance to a kid to prove himself with the big club. De La Rose has the attributes to be that guy. I want to see what he brings at the big camp.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2014, 02:08 PM
Treb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Luck Chuck View Post
He signed an ELC, it's expected he'll play this season in the AHL and next in the NHL.
That's nowhere near a sure thing. He may need more than 1 year in the AHL. Of course, he could make the habs right out of camp too, we never know, especially with euro prospects.

Old
05-10-2014, 05:42 PM
Good Luck Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treb View Post
That's nowhere near a sure thing. He may need more than 1 year in the AHL. Of course, he could make the habs right out of camp too, we never know, especially with euro prospects.
The second year of his deal is a 1 way NHL deal.

Good Luck Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2014, 05:45 PM
Ezpz
No mad pls

Quote:
No it's not. You can't get 1-way ELCs.

Ezpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2014, 05:46 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Nope.

bcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2014, 05:49 PM
Treb

Quote:
Even if it was the case, what would prevent him from being in the AHL?

Old
05-11-2014, 11:43 AM
Guilliam

Quote:
I think you're thinking of Tokarski. His 2nd yearis a one way. But like Treb pointed out that doesn't mean he won't be in the AHL.

Guilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2014, 01:29 PM
ChoseLa

It'd be great if both sweds made the big club out of camp. DLR and Nygren could help this club a lot.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2014, 02:08 PM
Bullsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilliam View Post
I think you're thinking of Tokarski. His 2nd year is a one way. But like Treb pointed out that doesn't mean he won't be in the AHL.
Same for Pateryn's deal I believe, 1-way in the second year

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote