HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Important dates between now and season opener

Closed Thread

Old
08-25-2005, 11:25 AM
BringBackNeilSmith

vCash: 500
Important dates between now and season opener

Getting spoiled by all the Ranger news the last little while and feeling impatient for the "next thing", whatever that is. Having trouble today finding any doc on what milestones lie between now and the start of the NYR preseason schedule on 9/20 (and Hartford's on 9/27). Was wondering if any of you folks could help piece together whatever might be of interest... I can't even find a date for the opening of camp, though I see Sather's specified that it'll be at MSG. Also any more arcane stuff... I've seen here, for example, that yesterday was a deadline for certain international signings... and elsewhere that the Rangers would likely have a "rookie" camp for young guys who weren't allowed to participate in the "prospects" camp due to contract status. It'd be great to have a few dates to look forward to over the next month from which additional news might emanate.

Old
08-25-2005, 11:31 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackNeilSmith
Getting spoiled by all the Ranger news the last little while and feeling impatient for the "next thing", whatever that is. Having trouble today finding any doc on what milestones lie between now and the start of the NYR preseason schedule on 9/20 (and Hartford's on 9/27). Was wondering if any of you folks could help piece together whatever might be of interest... I can't even find a date for the opening of camp, though I see Sather's specified that it'll be at MSG. Also any more arcane stuff... I've seen here, for example, that yesterday was a deadline for certain international signings... and elsewhere that the Rangers would likely have a "rookie" camp for young guys who weren't allowed to participate in the "prospects" camp due to contract status. It'd be great to have a few dates to look forward to over the next month from which additional news might emanate.

The training camp will be held at the MSG training facility in Tarrytown, NY if thats what you were referring to.. IM guessing itll start sometime in the first or second week of September.

Old
08-25-2005, 11:34 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Training Camp should start the 1st week in Sept. I would say the 5th.

Old
08-26-2005, 01:46 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
Training Camp should start the 1st week in Sept. I would say the 5th.
I read on the HR site that its on sept 12th according to an interview of Petr Prucha. That gives them a full week before the first game on the 20th.

"So you're going to leave to go to [Rangers] training camp for sure?"

Prucha: It begins September 12. So I'll leave by that time.

http://hockeyrodent.com/R1293.HTM

Old
08-26-2005, 02:18 PM
frisland

from newyorkrangers.com:
The 2005 New York Rangers training camp begins with players reporting to New York by midnight, Sunday, September 11. All players will go through physical testing at the Madison Square Garden Training Facility on Monday, September 12 with the first on-ice workouts slated for Tuesday, September 13.

Old
08-26-2005, 09:48 PM
Fish

There is also apparently a rookie camp in there somewhere...I've seen two separate reports that it will be immediately before the training camp starts.

Old
08-27-2005, 09:17 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish
There is also apparently a rookie camp in there somewhere...I've seen two separate reports that it will be immediately before the training camp starts.
The rookie camp was decided upon after the NHLPA decided to not allow members of PA to participate in the prospect camp

Old
08-27-2005, 09:51 PM
Fish

No doubt...just don't know what the dates are

Closed Thread