HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #77|Sat., Apr. 5, 2014| Flyers at Bruins | 1:00 p.m. ET

Closed Thread

Old
04-04-2014, 01:57 PM
dats81

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker View Post
Why would you play your backup against the best team in the league instead of against the worst... that makes no sense.
The easy explaination would be they want to make sure they get away with points against Buffalo and Florida with a rested Mason in net. Those are must wins.

Boston is more of an extra game. Any points gained against them are bonus points but not expected.

But maybe it's just some kind of odd strategy or gut feeling...

Old
04-04-2014, 02:19 PM
OzFlyer
Registered Boozer

I was at the Flyers practice today and no Simmonds. Anyone here anything?

Old
04-04-2014, 02:26 PM
Coffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzFlyer View Post

Reading some tweets from the writers saying Simmonds and MacDonald where given the day off.

Old
04-04-2014, 02:35 PM
Appleyard

This team has not been top 10 in NHL scoring 3 years in a row through sheer bloody luck. (well, 12th this year after the last game dropped them out of the top 10... they will very likely finish top ten though.)

It is not luck that they could quite feasibly finish the year with 7 20 goal scorers.

It is arguably luck (bad at that) that in the last three games they have obliterated good opposition in shots and lost those games... looking better than the best 2 teams in the NHL in the first 2 of the 3 games.

Old
04-04-2014, 03:54 PM
chupanibre
Registirad Uzer

Yeah I hear you guys. Just wanna see us score. So demotivated after the Blue Jackets game. ****in sucked

Old
04-04-2014, 03:55 PM
Curufinwe

Quote:
Meltzer said him and Mac had maintenance days.

Old
04-04-2014, 04:43 PM
OzFlyer
Registered Boozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
Meltzer said him and Mac had maintenance days.
Cool. Berube was working them hard today!

Old
04-04-2014, 08:06 PM
TheKingPin

Quote:
Cool. Berube was working them hard today!
Were they running forecheck drills?

Old
04-04-2014, 08:08 PM
TheKingPin

I really don't get these starts by emery. Especially when it's the leagues best and worst team back to back.

You going to start emery against Boston in the playoffs berube? Mason needs these games, good or bad.

Mason going against a historically low scoring buffalo team and emery against a top Boston team is just dumb

Old
04-04-2014, 11:02 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPin View Post
I really don't get these starts by emery. Especially when it's the leagues best and worst team back to back.

You going to start emery against Boston in the playoffs berube? Mason needs these games, good or bad.

Mason going against a historically low scoring buffalo team and emery against a top Boston team is just dumb
Flyers absolutely need to win Sunday's game against a very bad team so logically you play Mason. Emery played pretty well against the Bruins last game so they're playing him again. If you start Mason against the best team in the league and lose (a likely outcome regardless of which starter is in net) then start your backup against the worst team in the league and he ***** the bed the team comes away from this weekend with no points. That's something they simply can't afford.

I knock Chief plenty for his lineup decisions but this certainly isn't one of them.

Old
04-04-2014, 11:20 PM
Striiker
Orange and Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Flyers absolutely need to win Sunday's game against a very bad team so logically you play Mason. Emery played pretty well against the Bruins last game so they're playing him again. If you start Mason against the best team in the league and lose (a likely outcome regardless of which starter is in net) then start your backup against the worst team in the league and he ***** the bed the team comes away from this weekend with no points. That's something they simply can't afford.

I knock Chief plenty for his lineup decisions but this certainly isn't one of them.
I get that but they should be able to beat Buffalo with a sack of potatoes in the crease If that game really comes down to which goalie we start we're in trouble.

Old
04-04-2014, 11:25 PM
LegionOfDoom91

The Flyers will likely beat Buffalo on Monday but they won't be a push over especially if the offense continues to go dry.

They're a bad team but they're not the type to lay down & take it easy bad team. They just gave Detroit a run for their money tonight.

If the Flyers come into that game with the same mindset as the fans they're walking out of the building with a loss on Monday.

Old
04-04-2014, 11:26 PM
hockeyfreak7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker View Post
I get that but they should be able to beat Buffalo with a sack of potatoes in the crease If that game really comes down to which goalie we start we're in trouble.
This is the NHL. You should know you can't have this mentality against any team. Buffalo just gave Detroit and St. Louis pretty tough games.

Old
04-04-2014, 11:42 PM
Gert B Frobe

I think they come out with a solid 60 minute effort and win convincingly tomorrow.

Old
04-04-2014, 11:51 PM
Striiker
Orange and Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
This is the NHL. You should know you can't have this mentality against any team. Buffalo just gave Detroit and St. Louis pretty tough games.
Just joking around...

Old
04-05-2014, 04:05 AM
dats81

Please don't get blown out against Boston!

I don't care if they edge them in OT or even a close game in regulation but they need to keep the confidence level till the playoffs start and start scoring goals again...

Old
04-05-2014, 06:51 AM
NavS
Rookie User

Just put $200 on the flyers to win $350.. You're comments aren't making me feel confident anymore ahah lets go flyers !

Old
04-05-2014, 08:10 AM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
The Flyers will likely beat Buffalo on Monday but they won't be a push over especially if the offense continues to go dry.

They're a bad team but they're not the type to lay down & take it easy bad team. They just gave Detroit a run for their money tonight.

If the Flyers come into that game with the same mindset as the fans they're walking out of the building with a loss on Monday.
I agree and the Buffalo game is Sunday which makes it worse obviously. If they put in a good effort today, which I sincerely hope they do, the Flyers could be pretty damn tired tomorrow. The fatigue level coupled with some bad goaltending (more likely to get that from Emery then Mason) and the team very well could lose.

You can't look past anyone at this point.

Old
04-05-2014, 09:09 AM
TheKingPin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post

I get that but as Appleyard has proven they need to basically lose out to really have a shot at losing that 3rd spot. If they go 3-3 they can will all but lock that spot up, if not lock it. So basically you are looking at a 3rd spot or second as your only real options. The second spot in CRITICAL in this matchup. Makes sense to go for both wins which can get us something rather than getting at least one win which realistically protects us from nothing. Add to that trying to get Mason ready to go against them and other top teams rather than sitting him all the time for emery. Unless berube is trying to see if he wants emery in the playoffs, this is stupid.

Glad downie is back, id put him with couts and bet he ends up there at the end of the game. Raffl would do better with schenn and simmonds anyway.

Don't give up 2-3 goals in the first and we may have a shot.

Old
04-05-2014, 09:15 AM
flyershockey

Make no mistake, this game will be much tougher in Boston without the last change. It's gonna take virtually mistake free hockey to pull it out, and the neutral zone play will ultimately determine this one, imo. I think they come out hungry after losing to Columbus the other night and then watching them lose last night. A win today could make them really tough to catch.

Old
04-05-2014, 09:27 AM
SuchySays

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavS View Post
Just put $200 on the flyers to win $350.. You're comments aren't making me feel confident anymore ahah lets go flyers !
that doesn't seem like a smart bet. you won't even double your money if they win? wat

Old
04-05-2014, 09:29 AM
Cmoneyflyguy

good move with emery
tomorrow's win is more critical as it is more likely
last i checked, Razor had a SO in his last start

Old
04-05-2014, 09:44 AM
Justified
Amaro out

3 points this week would be great.

04-05-2014, 10:11 AM
BWAVgal
Chief = Idiot

vCash: 50
Thank you Hawks for beating the Jackets in regulation. I was watching that game closely. So we need to at least get a point today and we should get 2 for sure tomorrow night.

Old
04-05-2014, 10:14 AM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPin View Post
I get that but as Appleyard has proven they need to basically lose out to really have a shot at losing that 3rd spot. If they go 3-3 they can will all but lock that spot up, if not lock it. So basically you are looking at a 3rd spot or second as your only real options. The second spot in CRITICAL in this matchup. Makes sense to go for both wins which can get us something rather than getting at least one win which realistically protects us from nothing. Add to that trying to get Mason ready to go against them and other top teams rather than sitting him all the time for emery. Unless berube is trying to see if he wants emery in the playoffs, this is stupid.

Glad downie is back, id put him with couts and bet he ends up there at the end of the game. Raffl would do better with schenn and simmonds anyway.

Don't give up 2-3 goals in the first and we may have a shot.
In order to go 3-3 they need to win tomorrow's game. It's a must. Bruins, Lighting and Pens will be very tough games and I don't think anyone should be counting on a win in those games. I'm not saying they can't win them but they're very much in the air.

Closed Thread