HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jarred Tinordi Appreciation

Old
04-05-2014, 11:48 PM
Beendair Donedat

vCash: 500
Jarred Tinordi Appreciation

The big man has been solid the last couple of games. His huge hit on Hemsky cued a quick Habs rally last night and his fight with Gryba served notice that roughing up his teammates would be tolerated. Tonight he cleared the crease well and added two assists! I think we've got a really good player here that will be the backbone of this Defense for a long time. There will be some growing pains but I like what Tinordi provides for this group.

Beendair Donedat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2014, 12:00 AM
Rapala
Chasin'TheCup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
The big man has been solid the last couple of games. His huge hit on Hemsky cued a quick Habs rally last night and his fight with Gryba served notice that roughing up his teammates would be tolerated. Tonight he cleared the crease well and added two assists! I think we've got a really good player here that will be the backbone of this Defense for a long time. There will be some growing pains but I like what Tinordi provides for this group.
He's doing well.
2 steps forward 1step back.
Unfortunately he was left to languish too long in H.
We kept insisting on going with D who's deficiencies we knew well.
Essentially we already knew what they couldn't do.
i would much rather of had him playing here since his first call up.
That 2 step 1 step ratio could have played huge dividends in the real season.

Rapala is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2014, 12:03 AM
HabsRockBruinsChoke

Good d-man, he really can be a full time third pairing left D. Beaulieu is good too but he has advantage for his speed and not physicality.

Line of succession in terms of our left Ds should be (in order):

Markov
Emelin
Gorges
Tinordi
Beaulieu
Murray
Bouillon

HabsRockBruinsChoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2014, 12:35 AM
theboss*

Subban, Tinordi, Beaulieu will become the big 3

theboss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2014, 12:57 AM
Tyson

Tinordi moves very well for a big kid! He has a bright future. He will make mistakes but he will learn from them.
He will be a full time player next season.

Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2014, 01:22 AM
Habskrieg

Kid still has some learning to do, which is normal.
He doesn't look out of place. He'll be a regular in no time. Hopefully, he gets to see some ice in the playoffs and that he can perform up to the level.

Habskrieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2014, 01:28 AM
dreamingofdrouin*

This may end up being that big defensive left handed number 2 we want with PK

dreamingofdrouin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2014, 01:41 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

I've always been a huge fan of Tinordi. There aren't many guys his size, who play his mean brand of hockey, that can skate like him and move the puck like he can. His decisions with the puck are actually quite advanced.

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2014, 01:45 AM
FrontierPsyCHiatrist*
Master Pleks

The kid will constantly destroy anything next season. This summer's gonna do him wonders!

FrontierPsyCHiatrist* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2014, 01:46 AM
Playmaker09
Valar Morghulis

He's still very raw.

I'd rather see him play another season in Hamilton getting 25 minutes a night and polishing his game than being a rotational 3rd pairing guy for us which is about all he's consistently capable of right now.

That's not to say I question his upside or don't appreciate what he can bring to the table.

Playmaker09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2014, 01:51 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

He's a regular next year, no way he isn't.

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2014, 02:40 AM
Jeffrey

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
I think him and Beaulieu still need more polishing in the ahl but at least they are showing improvements!

Jeffrey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2014, 08:04 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
I've always been a huge fan of Tinordi. There aren't many guys his size, who play his mean brand of hockey, that can skate like him and move the puck like he can. His decisions with the puck are actually quite advanced.
yeah despite his gaffes, I'm really surprised at how well he does with the puck on his stick. I'm actually thinking he can put up some solid points in a few years.

Definitely showing way more to his game then initially advertised when we originally drafted him. Trading up to get him was quite a coup by PG.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2014, 08:11 AM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmaker09 View Post
He's still very raw.

I'd rather see him play another season in Hamilton getting 25 minutes a night and polishing his game than being a rotational 3rd pairing guy for us which is about all he's consistently capable of right now.

That's not to say I question his upside or don't appreciate what he can bring to the table.
I was sad when I heard we had called him back last time because he was taking off in Hamilton, developing his offensive game. He is not developing that much here in Montreal in this role.

Des Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2014, 08:48 AM
Habbybirthday
"I ****ing LOVE it"

He is looking really good.

I don't want to see him fighting too much. Although he looks good at it I would rather him have a long successful hockey career with this club.

Habbybirthday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2014, 08:52 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbybirthday View Post
He is looking really good.

I don't want to see him fighting too much. Although he looks good at it I would rather him have a long successful hockey career with this club.
for sure.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2014, 09:21 AM
DAChampion

Will he have a better career than Komisarek?

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2014, 09:35 AM
yoteshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Well... I don't see him ever going to the all-star game, so no...

yoteshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2014, 09:43 AM
zzoo

I may be the only one that thinks he's not that good, and Beaulieu is better. He's afraid to make a play, he just avoids to make a mistake.

zzoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2014, 09:55 AM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
One of the most overrated habs player of all time. No puck skills at all, not a good skater...Not even a great fighter and his lack of skating agility meant he had difficulties landing big hits (although everyone remembers the Thornton hits along the boards). I still liked him because he brought size to the table and was mean in front of the net and a good fit with Markov but he was REALLY limited.

Tinordi has puck skills and he skates really well, not just for a big man. From the fights I've seen Tinordi do, he's already much better at it than Komisarek ever was. Have you seen the Tinordi highlight reel goal in the AHL from just before he was recalled ? It's quite something to watch a big man skate like that and drive the net. Komisarek never would/could have done that in a million years.

Tinordi is the full package, I think sky is the limit for him. He doesn't have a flaw that would prevent him from being one of the best. He has size, speed, good shot, good pass, good understanding of the game and he seems to have heart and desire. He has potential to be a truly dominant player. But he needs to put it all together and consistently make the right decisions and be in the right place. That might never happen. I'd bet on him becoming a truly dominant player. He's shown flashes of putting it all together. I don't know if he banked that shot off the boards intentionally last night but it looked like he saw his options and went for that. That's a solid play.

But even if he doesn't put it all together, I think he'll be a steady bottom 6 guy at the very least. At worse he'll be better than Komisarek ever was IMO.

Old
04-06-2014, 09:58 AM
clarke19

I'd rather the kid be helping us win in Montreal than in a losing atmosphere like Hamilton. If we still had a capable team/system down there I'd be all for him taking the long route.

clarke19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2014, 10:14 AM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarke19 View Post
I'd rather the kid be helping us win in Montreal than in a losing atmosphere like Hamilton. If we still had a capable team/system down there I'd be all for him taking the long route.
He's a better player now than before his last stint in the minors, so regardless of the atmosphere or lack of whatever down there, something made him improve. That's all that matters.

Fozz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2014, 10:17 AM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarke19 View Post
Tons of players become great after playing big minutes for loser teams. Sakic, Yzerman, etc.

There are advantages to playing big minutes for a losing teams. Mistakes are much less important and aren't as likely to destroy someone's confidence, and you get to play big minutes and get experience.

I could be wrong but I think Tinordi would have benefited more from playing 25 min+ in Hamilton than 14 min 1 game out of two in Montreal.

Old
04-06-2014, 10:32 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

He is not very raw at all, that is stupid. Yes, he does make mistakes which is normal and has lots to learn but he can play at NHL level and produce. Big, mean, carries the puck well and stands up for his teammates.

Him and Emelin are my 2 favorite dmen.

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2014, 10:33 AM
Habstract

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
I may be the only one that thinks he's not that good, and Beaulieu is better. He's afraid to make a play, he just avoids to make a mistake.
?!

He is a rookie and mostly not a puck carrier type D. Beaulieu is an offensive minded defenseman and has been "carrying" the puck for his teams since he is a kid.

I like both Tinordi and Beaulieu but in the long run, I believe Tinordi will have a bigger impact on the team. I love what I'm seeing from both of them.

Habstract is online now   Reply With Quote