HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bettman on mike and the angry puppy.

Closed Thread

Old
08-18-2005, 03:55 PM
CosmoKramer

vCash:
Bettman on mike and the angry puppy.

m & c had gary on today to speak of the new deal.They say oln is in about 65mil homes compared to espn's 85mil homes.Gary said oln will have exclusive rights to the opening night rangers/flyers game.He also said basically that someway somehow the ny fans will get the game.Gary was classy and said gl to espn but m and c were egging him on by saying things like"espn's brass said no way will they pay that much for a non money making nhl" and how espn said "they were better off last year having wnba and poker on and it was better fianancly for espn that they had the lockout".Again gary was classy and said "well thats how they negoiate and the nhl does not use those kind of techniques.

Old
08-18-2005, 04:48 PM
Diamond Dan 5150

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Diamond Dan 5150
I think the more accurate truth is OLN is available in 65 million homes, not necessarily on or viewed in 65 million homes.

Old
08-18-2005, 05:45 PM
blitzkriegs

24 mins

http://www.wfan.com

It would have been nice if Big Gulp & Puppy would have questioned GB about the dispersal of players in various markets...

I think 6-8 minutes on Bert.

Last edited by blitzkriegs: 08-18-2005 at 06:08 PM.
Old
08-18-2005, 06:03 PM
tool123

Hockey needs to re-group and I think this is a great start. No one said it will be easy to come back from this lockout.I bet in 2 years, Espn will be in the picture again. Hockey will never be as popular as football, baseball or basketball in this country but I feel this is a good step forward. Is it October yet????

Old
08-18-2005, 07:52 PM
LetsGoIslanders

I think the good part about the NHL heading to OLN is that chances are that they'll really be devoted to the league. I think we'll see about 80% more hockey-related programming than there ever was at ESPN. For example, an NHL2Night every night and some general hockey talk programs. Whatever, ESPN, stick to the WNBA, poker, and bowling. What a snooze-fest.

Old
08-19-2005, 05:24 AM
Isles72

well , it might take awhile for comcast/oln to become ''more available'' across the u.s -if they land the NFL thursday and sunday night games you get bet your mamma's cabbage rolls it'll get added quickly to all cable co's in u.s

Closed Thread