HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sat., Apr. 5, 2014| Flyers 2 at Bruins 5

Old
04-05-2014, 03:24 PM
Garbage Goal

vCash: 500
Another "interesting" fact with the Giroux point gap is that we don't even have a player top thirty in goal scoring and likely won't have a 30 goal scorer this season. The top thirty is interesting too. Just glancing at it there's most of the elite teams on there and it's mostly playoff teams with players in the top thirty. The top goal scorer is at around 50 goals.

The Flyers have nobody on that list and likely won't have a thirty goal scorer. Just a thought.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 03:26 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
Maybe they're playing Grossmann so they can trade him in the offseason?

If he's never a healthy scratch maybe you can get more for him.
Not logical. I don't believe this, I didn't believe they were playing Mez for this reason either. Team's don't do that when in a position like the Flyers are. And they especially won't give that player 20 min a game like Grossmann has been if that truly is the case.

The coaching staff/organization obviously thinks Grossmann is their best option. It doesn't make it any less stupid though.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 03:27 PM
Wrubez

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
That's about as ridiculous of a comment as the ones blaming him right now.

He has a long way to go before making that type of statement.
Why because I'm not harboring the negativity that exudes from this board half the time and actually formulating a bold opinion? Claude Giroux will be a hall of famer. It's my opinion and I feel strongly about it. Bold prediction? Sure. But not without substance.

Wrubez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 03:29 PM
Striiker
Orange and Black

We better wreck both the Sabres and Panthers.

Striiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 03:30 PM
MadFerIt95*
Im Just Gonna Jake

Simmonds-Raffl-Hartnell
Giroux-Hall-Read
Coots-BSchenn-Downie
Voracek-Vinny-Rosehill

MadFerIt95* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 03:31 PM
Striiker
Orange and Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon Cornelius View Post
I don't give a **** how many points Claude Giroux has got in the last umpteen games, when the Flyers are barely clinging on to a playoff position, I don't want to ever see my Captain shy away from the dirty spots on the ice (repeatedly today) make blind passes or reverses which lead to turnovers (repeatedly today) lose his man in coverage (repeatedly) or ever give up on a play (twice)

I also don't give a **** today about Vinny or Grossmann and their defensive ineptness, the Schenn Bros complete lack of hockey acumen or Matt Read's seemingly complete lack of stones, Claude Giroux is the Captain, the leader and by far and wide, the best player on the roster. As he goes, so does the team.

He played an awful game when we needed him most. if pointing that out is reactionary, than so ****ing be it. Accountability always begins with the Captain.

Striiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 03:32 PM
Harold Bingo
what

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankM95149 View Post
Simmonds-Raffl-Hartnell
Giroux-Hall-Read
Coots-BSchenn-Downie
Voracek-Vinny-Rosehill
After today, the fact that you don't have Rosehill on your top line is appalling.

Harold Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 03:32 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankM95149 View Post
Simmonds-Raffl-Hartnell
Giroux-Hall-Read
Coots-BSchenn-Downie
Voracek-Vinny-Rosehill

Old
04-05-2014, 03:33 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Why? I can't think of a player that didn't get better after his first full season in the NHL or after the age of 22 (among players with significant NHL careers).

On a somewhat related note, everyone knew coming into this season the team was a work in progress. It's gonna be a little while before the young guys get their **** together/for the team to develop into a contender. I don't know why so many are having trouble with this now.
You're a smart guy so don't behave oblivious. People are pissed because, like me and Beef said, they keep doing stupid crap that ends up screwing them over that normal people can see from a mile away. Keeping Laviolette to start, playing Lecavalier and a defensively inept second line for a D-zone face-off in a crucial situation, the Gustafsson and Gill stuff, always being at the top in minor penalties, always being bad at shootouts, the Lecavalier contract, etc. We can just go back in time further too. It's a bunch of stupid crap that shouldn't happen in the first place that keeps happening.

Aside from that it's a four game losing streak at the end of the season when they had 2nd or 3rd almost guaranteed practically now they've ****ed it up and are in danger of some bad stuff for the season. They're not elite but it's not like they're rebuilding either and they shouldn't be with Giroux in his prime. They're putting themselves in danger of missing the playoffs (even though it'll probably never happen) or falling into a WC position (the last WC will get Boston too, yay). That's unacceptable. All of it is. There's reason to be pissed. The game just ****ing ended for crying out loud.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 03:35 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrubez View Post
Why because I'm not harboring the negativity that exudes from this board half the time and actually formulating a bold opinion? Claude Giroux will be a hall of famer. It's my opinion and I feel strongly about it. Bold prediction? Sure. But not without substance.
Uhm I don't think you know how hard it is to get into the Hall? There's many players who were dominating at their craft for an 8-10 year span that are still waiting to get in. It has nothing to do with being negative or positive it's just being realistic.

It's nothing against Giroux but the chances of him making the Hall are heavily tilted as a no right now.

I wouldn't even call Crosby a future hall of famer at this point & his resume is miles & miles better than Giroux's.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 03:36 PM
MadFerIt95*
Im Just Gonna Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
I put all of their names in a hat and that was the result. Probably wouldnt do any worse than today

Old
04-05-2014, 03:38 PM
MadFerIt95*
Im Just Gonna Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by OgbertTheNerd View Post
After today, the fact that you don't have Rosehill on your top line is appalling.
These were lines were completely randomized; pulled them from a hat. It's just destiny that he is on the fourth line I guess

Old
04-05-2014, 03:42 PM
Harold Bingo
what

Rosehill is the scorer Giroux's line has been needing. And he's been wasting away in the press box for most of this season; typical Berube.

Old
04-05-2014, 03:50 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
You're a smart guy so don't behave oblivious. People are pissed because, like me and Beef said, they keep doing stupid crap that ends up screwing them over that normal people can see from a mile away. Keeping Laviolette to start, playing Lecavalier and a defensively inept second line for a D-zone face-off in a crucial situation, the Gustafsson and Gill stuff, always being at the top in minor penalties, always being bad at shootouts, the Lecavalier contract, etc. We can just go back in time further too. It's a bunch of stupid crap that shouldn't happen in the first place that keeps happening.

Aside from that it's a four game losing streak at the end of the season when they had 2nd or 3rd almost guaranteed practically now they've ****ed it up and are in danger of some bad stuff for the season. They're not elite but it's not like they're rebuilding either and they shouldn't be with Giroux in his prime. They're putting themselves in danger of missing the playoffs (even though it'll probably never happen) or falling into a WC position (the last WC will get Boston too, yay). That's unacceptable. All of it is. There's reason to be pissed. The game just ****ing ended for crying out loud.
I completely get all that, I wasn't talking about any of that. I'm just as pissed for the constant stupid/questionable decisions. I'm mostly talking about the lack of patience being exhibited by many (saying they should have traded Schenn + for Kesler is one example). Sure some of those moves would help now but not in the near future but people are so impatient. All this even though, like I said above, we all knew this team isn't/wasn't a contender coming into this season but is heading in the right direction.

Old
04-05-2014, 03:51 PM
Halifaxhab*

Tough break on the game today. But that was a beauty hit by Rinaldo on Lucic.

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 03:52 PM
WelcomeToGirouxSalem

Schenn-Giroux-Voracek
Hartnell-Vinny-Read
Raffl-Couturier-Downie
Rinaldo-Hall-Rosehill

Timonen-Coburn
Streit-Macdonald
Gus-Schenn

WelcomeToGirouxSalem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 03:55 PM
Cuiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarley zelepukin View Post
It's hard to say just how ridiculous this post is, and not just because he had 3 points (2 goals) in 4 games in the NJ series where you're insinuating he didn't score enough. Yeah, forget the 55 points in 50 playoff games, that doesn't matter when he hasn't shown up the last 5 regular season games! Oh wait, he has 4 points in the last 5 games? Nvm I guess.
Claude was nothing special in the NJ series. In fact he was so frustrated by being shut down he ended up getting suspended and missed the last game....

Also, if your fine with the way the Captain's been playing over the past 4 or 5 games then you really need to stop drinking the cool aide.

Cuiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 03:55 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelcomeToGirouxSalem View Post
Schenn-Giroux-Voracek
Hartnell-Vinny-Read
Raffl-Couturier-Downie
Rinaldo-Hall-Rosehill

Timonen-Coburn
Streit-Macdonald
Gus-Schenn
Did we cut Simmonds?

Old
04-05-2014, 03:57 PM
Cuiff

Quote:
I don't give a **** how many points Claude Giroux has got in the last umpteen games, when the Flyers are barely clinging on to a playoff position, I don't want to ever see my Captain shy away from the dirty spots on the ice (repeatedly today) make blind passes or reverses which lead to turnovers (repeatedly today) lose his man in coverage (repeatedly) or ever give up on a play (twice)

I also don't give a **** today about Vinny or Grossmann and their defensive ineptness, the Schenn Bros complete lack of hockey acumen or Matt Read's seemingly complete lack of stones, Claude Giroux is the Captain, the leader and by far and wide, the best player on the roster. As he goes, so does the team.

He played an awful game when we needed him most. if pointing that out is reactionary, than so ****ing be it. Accountability always begins with the Captain.
Totally agreed! !!

Cuiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 04:00 PM
Harold Bingo
what

Quote:
Did we cut Simmonds?
Scratched for Rosehill.

Old
04-05-2014, 04:01 PM
flyershockey

Quote:

This same dumb mentality that continually runs star players out of town. In case you missed it, hockey is a team game. Claude has carried the offensive load all season, and now is the last time to crucify him for only putting up one assist against the strongest defensive club in the league. Have a beer and relax.

flyershockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 04:03 PM
WelcomeToGirouxSalem

Quote:
Did we cut Simmonds?
Rosehill is more of a pure goal scorer that we need.

To be honest, completely forgot about him haha

WelcomeToGirouxSalem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 04:07 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
This same dumb mentality that continually runs star players out of town. In case you missed it, hockey is a team game. Claude has carried the offensive load all season, and now is the last time to crucify him for only putting up one assist against the strongest defensive club in the league. Have a beer and relax.
When did fans get that type of power here?

Old
04-05-2014, 04:08 PM
boodangleroo28

Just got home from the hospital for a lovely surprise appendectomy, why the hell was emery playing?

boodangleroo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2014, 04:10 PM
flyershockey

Quote:
When did fans get that type of power here?
Ed Snider has often followed along with the same dumb/impatient mentality that a lot of fans have. Don't kid yourself.

flyershockey is offline   Reply With Quote