HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

what strategy should keenen take with luongo n jokien

Closed Thread

Old
08-18-2005, 05:21 PM
PanthersFanatic12

vCash: 500
what strategy should keenen take with luongo n jokien

Luongo in my view is irreplacable and we should pay him what he wants, cuz we will never find a goalie like that to play for the panthers. Keenen could give in b4 arbitration and pay luongo what he wants OR take him to arbitration, plays the year , if the panthers make the playoffs, then at the end of next season offer him the deal he wanted.
also what should keenen do about jokien and hes 4 mil per year demand ?

Old
08-18-2005, 05:51 PM
DW3

vCash: 500
While Louie is darn near one of the best goalies, he still hasn't proven he's worth the money his agent's asking, especially long term. I'd have offered him a 4-5 year deal, starting around $4 mil. and working up to $6 mil. by the end of it. If he still didn't like it, I'd point out Rosso's article in the Sun-Sentinel where he points out that if the Panthers cant sign the goal scorers it needs to raise the cup if Louie has all the money.

As for Jokinen, IMO a few good seasons doesn't make a superstar (similiar to Louie), especially when neither of them has even been to the playoffs, let alone the Finals. Give him about $mil/ season and call it done. If he doesn't like it, trade him.

Closed Thread