HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Political Discussion - "on-topic & unmoderated"
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Political Discussion - "on-topic & unmoderated" Rated PG13, unmoderated but threads must stay on topic - that means you can flame each other all you want as long as it's legal

Rob Ford 6: Here Comes Mayor Boo Boo (Ford taking a leave of absence)

Closed Thread

Old
04-08-2014, 11:23 AM
MsWoof

vCash: 500
I can't do much from my phone but Ford Nation's FB page is advertising a date with Krista Ford, Doug's daughter, as a prize for people going to a Ford fundraiser in May. I kid you not.

Old
04-08-2014, 12:08 PM
Free Torts

vCash: 883
Send a message via MSN to Free Torts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
I can't do much from my phone but Ford Nation's FB page is advertising a date with Krista Ford, Doug's daughter, as a prize for people going to a Ford fundraiser in May. I kid you not.
I just saw that one on the MayorFrod account - wasn't Krista the one who said women who were getting sexually assaulted shouldn't dress like *****?

Old
04-08-2014, 03:28 PM
Moose Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Torts View Post
I just saw that one on the MayorFrod account - wasn't Krista the one who said women who were getting sexually assaulted shouldn't dress like *****?
Really? She played in the lingerie football league for ****s sake.

Old
04-08-2014, 03:29 PM
Doppler Drift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Head View Post
Really? She played in the lingerie football league for ****s sake.
I wonder if SHE eats at home?

Old
04-08-2014, 04:02 PM
Johnnywhite

Quote:
Yes, yes she was. I don't honesty or consistency is strong in the Ford genes.

Old
04-08-2014, 04:02 PM
MsWoof

OMG, make it stop!!! So first of all, Doug is livid and will be going after these people that wrote the supposedly fake post on the pro-Ford facebook page (that has been around since 2012).

Here is the post:

Quote:
EXCLUSIVE FORD NATION CONTEST: All those attending the first Rob Ford Fund-raiser on May 8th will be entered into a draw to win a date with the Mayor's beautiful niece Krista Ford !!!

HELP ROB FORD STOP THE GRAVY TRAIN FROM RETURNING TO CITY HALL!
May 8th, 2014 - 7:00pm
Riveria Parque Banquet and Convention Centre
2800, Highway 7, Concord, ON

Tickets: $300 (You will receive a $225 rebate from the city of Toronto, actual cost $75).
And there is this:

Quote:
Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 1h

He also said people have hacked Deco's computers, gone after his mother and girls, and threatened to "sodomize" one of his children.
So has Doug gone to the cops over all these allegations? I'm quite sure Daniel Dale's parents were distraught when Rob chased him down with his fist cocked, threatening to beat the hell out of him and watching him deal with both Rob and Doug falsely calling him a stalker and worse. I'm sure Pam McConnell's family isn't happy with the way Rob ran over her in council, forcing her to receive treatment (which is still ongoing). Sucks, doesn't it? Too bad, so sad, you are finally reaping what you have sown!

But it gets better! Rob Ford just had Ben Johnson, you know, the drug user who brought Canada shame in 1988, in his office. Ben, along with a Trailer Park Boy who I've never heard of, have been introduced to the media as being part of Rob's campaign team. I know, April 1 was a few days ago but this is no joke.

Quote:
Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 22m

I asked if this doesn't remind people of Ford's own drug use. Ford explained to Johnson that I am from the Star and am getting personal.
And the day isn't over yet!

Old
04-08-2014, 04:46 PM
MsWoof

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_hal..._park_boy.html

Quote:
By: Daniel Dale City Hall, Published on Tue Apr 08 2014

Rob Ford, known internationally for his illegal drug use, emerged from his office on Tuesday afternoon to announce a new member of his campaign team: disgraced former sprinter Ben Johnson, known internationally for his steroid use.

Johnson was stripped of the gold medal he had won for Canada at the 1988 Olympics with the help of a banned substance. He received a lifetime ban from competition after a second failed test in 1993.

Ford is seeking the redemption never granted to Johnson. Asked about Johnson’s past, he returned to his familiar refrain about forgiving errors.

“You know what? I support Ben 100 per cent,” Ford said. “We’ve all made mistakes in life. I’ve supported him from day one. And that’s the bottom line.”

He brushed off a question about whether Johnson’s presence would remind voters of his own drug use.

“If you want to get personal from the Toronto Star — this is the Toronto Star you’re going to get,” he explained to Johnson.

Joining them was Sam Tarasco, an actor from Trailer Park Boys, a popular television comedy about petty criminals.

Johnson and Tarasco are the first prominent people to sign on to Ford’s team other than brother and campaign manager Doug Ford. Rob Ford said they would be joining him at events.

Johnson said only the words “full support,” and he declined to take questions about the reason for his endorsement. Tarasco also said little.

Under city rules, Ford is not allowed to use his office for campaign purposes.
I can't stress enough how awesome Daniel Dale is!

Old
04-08-2014, 04:47 PM
Free Torts

Sam Tarasco's character arc in Trailer Park Boys involved his character running for park supervisor but losing after he inadvertently ate magic mushrooms.

Old
04-08-2014, 04:52 PM
Johnnywhite

Quote:
Sam Tarasco's character arc in Trailer Park Boys involved his character running for park supervisor but losing after he inadvertently ate magic mushrooms.
Wasn't he Barb Lahey's ardent, secret admirer?

Old
04-08-2014, 04:55 PM
Free Torts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnywhite View Post
Wasn't he Barb Lahey's ardent, secret admirer?
Yeah, on multiple occasions. First during the supervisor run and again at the (first) end of the series, if I remember correctly.

Old
04-08-2014, 05:31 PM
PanthersPens62
#KidK

Quote:
http://www.thestar.com/news/city_hal..._park_boy.html

I can't stress enough how awesome Daniel Dale is!
Wow. This just gets crazier & crazier. I know have criticized Dale to you in the past, but he was on top of his game in the piece you quoted.

I stand by what I told you the other day.......I think he is going to become more & more reckless & belligerent now that he thinks he is in the free and clear because of the OPP decision last week. Your best bet is that he does something crazy/stupid enough that he will have no choice but resign or actually be arrested.

Though I know he'd never agree to it, I'd love to see him go on Dr Phil & have Phil rip him to shreds!

Old
04-08-2014, 08:22 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersPens62 View Post
Wow. This just gets crazier & crazier. I know have criticized Dale to you in the past, but he was on top of his game in the piece you quoted.

I stand by what I told you the other day.......I think he is going to become more & more reckless & belligerent now that he thinks he is in the free and clear because of the OPP decision last week. Your best bet is that he does something crazy/stupid enough that he will have no choice but resign or actually be arrested.

Though I know he'd never agree to it, I'd love to see him go on Dr Phil & have Phil rip him to shreds!
He won't ever resign so that's not even an option. One of the women at the sit in told me she thinks he is doing this because deep down, he doesn't want the job. I dismissed this but I have been coming around to her way of thinking. He loves the title but what does he do as mayor? He votes against everything in council unless it's his idea. He shows up late to everything, he hates the media who are outside his office all day. I'm sure he also hates having a driver because he can't take off anymore and with so many people now watching him on twitter, he can't sneak off. When he does, Doug or Graeme or Dan show up to babysit him.

If Dr. Phil rips him to shreds he won't even notice. Teflon mayor!

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 6m So here is the story of how Ben Johnson, Trailer Park Boys actor Sam Tarasco, and Rob Ford came to meet each other today. 1/

Tarasco is an employee of an events company called The Substance Group. He also grew up in Etobicoke and has ties to Ford. 2/

The Substance Group is planning some mystery project with Johnson and wanted to recruit Ford. So Tarasco set up a meeting. 3/

Ford is not yet confirmed for the mystery project, but he had a "bond" today with Johnson, the company owner says 4/4.

Old
04-08-2014, 08:34 PM
MsWoof

Ben Spurr ‏@BenSpurr

Rob Ford and his sad cart of 10,000 Easter eggs. Now that he's uninvited from the parade, he'll donate them

LOL @ sad cart of 10,000 Easter eggs and LOL even more at the look of disappointment on Ford's face. Does he not get it? No Santa Claus parade, no private box at the ACC, no Easter Bunny. Nobody wants you near them you buffoon!

Old
04-08-2014, 08:47 PM
MsWoof

A guy on twitter who lives on Ford's street says

Will Vojtisek ‏@WillontheRadio 15m

@CP24 I live down the street from Rob Ford's house - TONS of cop cars there.. what is going on? #TOpoli

and

Will Vojtisek ‏@WillontheRadio 31s

@ryanfeeley Driving on my way home. 4 cop cars. 2 cops outside. No lights on. Will be walking my dog back up the street in a bit if allowed

and

Will Vojtisek ‏@WillontheRadio 2m

I will also mention Rob Ford's neighbors were outside as well when i drove by. Something went down for sure. NO BS! #TOpoli

Edit: Cops now gone, as is Ford's escalade. Where does this guy go at this hour?

Last edited by MsWoof: 04-08-2014 at 09:45 PM.
Old
04-08-2014, 08:55 PM
Ilkka Sinisalo
Amazing American

Look for all these "no politician" rules to go away as soon as the city has a respectable mayor again.

Old
04-08-2014, 09:25 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Ivor Tossell ‏@ivortossell 3m

Doug Ford is now backpedalling on Ben Johnson as having been at city hall for unrelated business; was caught by Rob "on the way out."
Quote:
RT @ivortossell: Doug Ford on Ben Johnson: "Media wanted to spin that around and make it sound like he's the new campaign manager.
Yes, it's the media's fault! Jesus.

Last edited by MsWoof: 04-08-2014 at 09:31 PM.
Old
04-08-2014, 09:49 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilkka Sinisalo View Post
Look for all these "no politician" rules to go away as soon as the city has a respectable mayor again.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2014...free_zone.html

Quote:
“I’ve complied every time they’ve asked me to,” he said. “I don’t think it’s me or (Prue) that (Begley) is talking about.”

Prue agreed, saying the only issue he’s heard of at the parade involved a “little bit of an altercation with the mayor last year.”

“He just whips (candy) from the road,” Prue said. “He hit a couple kids in the face and some of the parents were complaining.”

“It’s hoopla with him wherever he goes,” McMahon said. “I’m not sure if it’s that specifically or what it is, but it’s a community event and you’re painting everyone with the same brush.”

Begley declined to speak about specific incidents and denied the timing was related to this year’s municipal election, saying candidates have always been denied participation in the past and only elected officials received “courtesy invites.”

While Ford told reporters Tuesday he respected the decision, he wished he’d been told sooner since he bought 10,000 chocolate eggs for the parade last week.

“They don’t want to turn it political and I understand that,” he said. “It’s a service club, it’s for the kids.”

I am howling at the thought of him whipping candy at the kids!

Old
04-09-2014, 01:09 AM
canucksfan

vCash: 990
You can't make this stuff up.

Old
04-09-2014, 08:26 PM
MsWoof

When we last spoke, Ford had introduced Ben Johnston and the TPB actor to the media as campaign members. Doug later blamed the media for spinning it and said Johnston was at city hall for another matter. We've since learned that the TPBs have a movie coming out later this month which is likely why the TPB actor went to see Ford, it's likely just a publicity stunt.

Today at city hall, Ford showed up looking worse than ever. He then went to the opening of some soccer place and looked like this:

Really healthy looking, eh? Earlier in the day, a controversy (shocking, I know) took place in which someone at Soccerworld made fun of Ford and his druggie ways:

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/04...ce-with-mayor/

Later in the day, Ford showed up at City Hall, as did a shipment of new bobbleheads! Unlike the first 2 rounds of robbie bobbie's, these will not be sold for charity purposes but will fund their campaign. Notice that Chow, Tory, Soknacki and Stintz are not selling merchandise for campaign purposes.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/04...h-merchandise/

This time we will have bobbleheads where a very slimmed down, Doug-looking-Rob is wearing the infamous NFL tie he wore in November during one of his many incidents, and there is a second one where he is wearing the chain of office. I am not sure if any of this is legal as there are rules regarding campaign money. I am also unsure of the legalities where the chain of office is concerned since it actually belongs to the city.

Anyway, there you have it. What will tomorrow bring?

Edit: Did I mention the football tie bobbleheads go for $100 each? And there are only (only!!) 500 of them? Do they not realize that many, many, people bought the bobbleheads as a joke at $20 but won't be spending $100?

Last edited by MsWoof: 04-09-2014 at 08:35 PM.
Old
04-10-2014, 12:11 AM
canucksfan

vCash: 990

Old
04-10-2014, 02:11 PM
MsWoof

Ford was supposed to have a presser at 2:45 to take credit for the unemployment numbers improving, but with the death of Jim Flaherty, he's postponed it. Doug said they would be out shortly to talk about Flaherty. Expect tears. Also, expect a meltdown to come out of this sooner rather than later.

Edit: Presser cancelled, possible scrum to follow. 20-30 media peeps outside his office.

Last edited by MsWoof: 04-10-2014 at 02:27 PM.
Old
04-10-2014, 02:16 PM
Doppler Drift

Quote:
When we last spoke, Ford had introduced Ben Johnston and the TPB actor to the media as campaign members. Doug later blamed the media for spinning it and said Johnston was at city hall for another matter. We've since learned that the TPBs have a movie coming out later this month which is likely why the TPB actor went to see Ford, it's likely just a publicity stunt.

Today at city hall, Ford showed up looking worse than ever. He then went to the opening of some soccer place and looked like this:

Really healthy looking, eh? Earlier in the day, a controversy (shocking, I know) took place in which someone at Soccerworld made fun of Ford and his druggie ways:

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/04...ce-with-mayor/

Later in the day, Ford showed up at City Hall, as did a shipment of new bobbleheads! Unlike the first 2 rounds of robbie bobbie's, these will not be sold for charity purposes but will fund their campaign. Notice that Chow, Tory, Soknacki and Stintz are not selling merchandise for campaign purposes.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/04...h-merchandise/

This time we will have bobbleheads where a very slimmed down, Doug-looking-Rob is wearing the infamous NFL tie he wore in November during one of his many incidents, and there is a second one where he is wearing the chain of office. I am not sure if any of this is legal as there are rules regarding campaign money. I am also unsure of the legalities where the chain of office is concerned since it actually belongs to the city.

Anyway, there you have it. What will tomorrow bring?

Edit: Did I mention the football tie bobbleheads go for $100 each? And there are only (only!!) 500 of them? Do they not realize that many, many, people bought the bobbleheads as a joke at $20 but won't be spending $100?
Jesus he looks awful.

Old
04-10-2014, 02:20 PM
Epsilon
#TeamHolland

The bobbleheads will probably get sold, but 90% of them will be on Ebay before the end of the day.

Old
04-10-2014, 02:51 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon View Post
The bobbleheads will probably get sold, but 90% of them will be on Ebay before the end of the day.
I wonder if the $100 bobbleheads will. He has 4 coming out now to go along with the 2 from before. I have to laugh at how skinny the bobbleheads are compared to the real thing!

Old
04-10-2014, 02:53 PM
Doppler Drift

When is Jimmy Kimmel going to be on Ford Nation? That should be worth a few giggles.

Closed Thread