HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anyone interested in some fantasy hockey?

View Poll Results: Live or Auto? Head to head or rotisserie?
Live Draft 27 87.10%
Auto Draft 6 19.35%
Head to Head 15 48.39%
Rotisserie 13 41.94%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
08-19-2005, 07:13 PM
sabresfan65
Vegas Wants Hockey!!

vCash: 500
I'm in! Live draft and rotissorie

Old
08-20-2005, 08:56 AM
joechip

Send a message via Yahoo to joechip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot
AQ(os) = Ace Queen, off-suit right? Texas Hold 'em?
Yup. The bane of ESPN bashers is one of my favorite past-times. Not that I'm any good or anything. But, I do love a good $10 No-Limit Sit and Go.

Ta,

Old
08-20-2005, 08:57 AM
joechip

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdoak
Don't worry about it, i was just checking to see if you posted on a poker forum
I don't do that... but I'll run that reference by my friend (a much better player than me) who does.

Ta,

Old
08-20-2005, 09:27 AM
Hobey Baker

Send a message via MSN to Hobey Baker
I'm in, folks.

Team Name: Thee Northern Lights

Last edited by Hobey Baker: 08-20-2005 at 09:55 AM.
Old
08-20-2005, 12:02 PM
signalIInoise
killed by signal 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by joechip
Yup. The bane of ESPN bashers is one of my favorite past-times. Not that I'm any good or anything. But, I do love a good $10 No-Limit Sit and Go.

Ta,
I'm with you on that one -- though by and large it makes for pretty dull television. I think they haven't figured out how to shoot it yet.

I dropped $80 last night at my regular game (normally I'm up about that much so I can't complain) ... which leads to the old joke:

Q: What's the difference between a poker player and a large pizza?

A: A large pizza can feed a family.

Old
08-20-2005, 12:45 PM
Buffalo Stylee

Head-to-Head is way better than rotisserie (however you spell it) IMO. A lot more competitive.

Old
08-20-2005, 01:00 PM
Ghost of Dale Hunter

I'm in if you'll have me.

Old
08-20-2005, 08:33 PM
Rowley Birkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsandsabres
easy for you to say when the US Dollar is in the toilet
10 bucks US is like 84 pence...
yeah.... but, that means i only get 16.80p if i win, assuming there is 20 players, and assuming everyone is willing to pay. Call it a round 15.

Then, i'll have to pay, say, a third of that amount, just to get all those $$$s converted back into real money And then think of the time i will spend tending to my squad, i'm bound to lose some earnings because of that.

So it will leave me with enough for two, maybe three beers? Which will be drunk in celebration of winning in the first place...

only one team left to fill. let us know what the league name and pass is, etc.

Old
08-20-2005, 08:44 PM
TehDoak
I Like Eich

vCash: 903
Quote:

Ta,
I play mostly 3/6 limit hold'em cash games online. Sit+Go are fun, cash games are better. What site does your friend post at?

Old
08-21-2005, 07:11 AM
joechip

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdoak
I play mostly 3/6 limit hold'em cash games online. Sit+Go are fun, cash games are better. What site does your friend post at?
Nice! 3/6 limit. Solid accomplishment there. My friend had worked himself up to 3/6 but couldn't quite make money yet doing it. So, I think he's still doing 2/4. I don't have the patience for a limit cash game, sad but true. I prefer .25/.50 NL or PL. And, I don't have the money or the time right now to learn PL Omaha the way I'd like to, that's the game I really like. I haven't quite learned how to take the swings in stride yet to play with any consistency. My real preference is a live game then it doesn't matter what we're playing.

I think he hangs out mostly on bonuswhores.com.

Ta,

Old
08-21-2005, 07:15 AM
joechip

Quote:
Originally Posted by signaliinoise
I'm with you on that one -- though by and large it makes for pretty dull television. I think they haven't figured out how to shoot it yet.

I dropped $80 last night at my regular game (normally I'm up about that much so I can't complain)
I'm usually up (small) when we play, but our game is never more than a $30 buy-in. The hard part is finding a regular game. But, sometimes the cards just hate you and there's not much you can do except ride it out.

I think ESPN's poker coverage is sub-par but I really liked the WPT for a while, and not just for Shana Hiatt.

Ta,

Old
08-21-2005, 09:52 AM
jpb

Quote:
I think ESPN's poker coverage is sub-par but I really liked the WPT for a while, and not just for Shana Hiatt.
Yup. Mostly because I dislike Norm Chad. I much prefer Sexton/Van Patten over McCaron and Chad.

I didn't watch it, but one of the local NY sports stations (FSNY I believe) televised the final table of a tournament from Turning Stone unedited and live with Howard Lederer commenting. Ran about 8 hours, and supposedly Howard was very insiteful.

Old
08-22-2005, 05:46 PM
joechip

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpb
Yup. Mostly because I dislike Norm Chad. I much prefer Sexton/Van Patten over McCaron and Chad.

I didn't watch it, but one of the local NY sports stations (FSNY I believe) televised the final table of a tournament from Turning Stone unedited and live with Howard Lederer commenting. Ran about 8 hours, and supposedly Howard was very insiteful.
I would expect him to be, he's that kind of player. Thoughtful and deliberate. I'd love to hear Dan Harrington do color as well. His book on Tournament Hold 'em is really good.

Ta,

Old
08-30-2005, 10:34 AM
signalIInoise
killed by signal 2

Guys -- sorry, but I'm going to have to beg out of this after all -- I've got too much stuff going on at present to find the time to devote. Numerous high-profile deadlines at work are coming to a head, and I can devote time in about 10-15 minute chunks at this time.

Sorry.

Old
08-30-2005, 11:11 AM
Digable5

Hey guys! I had already created a league on yahoo.com before this thread went up. Since Freezer Burn's league seems to be full, I thought I'd open mine up to anyone that doesn't get in his. The name of the league is Sabre Dance. I have it password protected, so Private Message me if you want to join. (Maximum 15 teams and 2 are already reserved).

I prefer the live draft as most of you do, but it is too difficult for me considering my schedule. So, mine is an auto pick. You can pick the order in which the computer selects your players, but other then that it is out of your control. I've set it up for a full roster 4LW 4C 4RW 6D 2Utility 2G and 6 Bench(basically one spot for each position). It will be scored in rotiserie style. Let me know what you think.

Old
08-30-2005, 11:51 AM
Freezerburn

My league is not full yet. Anyone who hasn't joined yet and has the password, join. Anyone who wants in, PM me, I'll send the info your way.

Dig, I'd be interested in yours as well.

Old
08-30-2005, 11:59 AM
Digable5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezerburn
My league is not full yet. Anyone who hasn't joined yet and has the password, join. Anyone who wants in, PM me, I'll send the info your way.

Dig, I'd be interested in yours as well.
No problem. I'll send you the info in a moment.

I also wanted to let you know, if you don't already, that you can do an offline draft. You could probably just run it through HFBoards and then post the results onto yahoo.com when you can. The adding of the information is a bit time comsuming, but if you update it as often as possible its not that bad.

Just a thought.

Old
08-30-2005, 11:59 PM
hiscoresboards

I'd be interested in joining the fantasy league .
Also, if youve joined the aforementioned leagues and would like to join another one I have a fantasy league on Yahoo. its head to head and is an autodraft. Youre all more than welcome to join. Just PM me if you want to join.

Old
09-08-2005, 09:20 PM
TVanek26*

Send a message via AIM to TVanek26*
bump....

yahoo really sucked,disconnecting every 3 picks after the 10th round...anyway,gl to everyone.

Old
09-08-2005, 09:26 PM
Rowley Birkin

yep, i had just drafted Mika and it booted me out. maybe it was trying to tell me something.

anyway, i've just got back on and a couple of rounds have passed, and i think it just takes guys of your pre rankings, so its not too bad.

Old
09-08-2005, 10:07 PM
lecherous

Send a message via AIM to lecherous
Wow, I did awesome for the pre-ranks that I set. wooohooo I can't wait for this season to start, both my fantasy teams look fantastic.

Old
09-08-2005, 10:15 PM
Buffalo Stylee

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielBriere48
bump....

yahoo really sucked,disconnecting every 3 picks after the 10th round...anyway,gl to everyone.
Yeah no kidding. After round 10 I couldnt get back to the draft so I gave up. I'll probably just drop all my guys and everyone else in the league can pick them up on waivers. What a waste.

Old
09-09-2005, 12:11 PM
lecherous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fake Plastic Sabre
Yeah no kidding. After round 10 I couldnt get back to the draft so I gave up. I'll probably just drop all my guys and everyone else in the league can pick them up on waivers. What a waste.
Please don't...seriously. It's one thing to re-arrange your bottom half of the draft, but there's no reason to cut any of the top 10 round guys.

Old
09-09-2005, 03:07 PM
Freezerburn

Well, I royally ****ed up with this thing. I couldn't make it to the draft because I was too involved with other things. Heck, I didn't even remember I had to a draft to do until today. But nevertheless, I'll see what I can do with my roster...

Old
09-09-2005, 11:46 PM
lecherous

Am I the only one happy with my roster? Heh. I wasn't even at the draft, I just put a 70-something player pre-rank list on and it turned out pretty well.

Feel free to offer me up some trades if you want. I prefer younger players to veterans, so keep that in mind. Zednik, Selanne, Vrbata, or Leclerc can be packaged with a DMan like Hannan or Colaiacovo for an upgrade somewhere...so send me some offers.

Closed Thread