HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who would you want to be coach?

Closed Thread

Old
04-24-2014, 10:35 AM
Shockmaster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
This was a tweet Tocchet just sent out like 5 minutes ago...

"Continue to use your D for point shots with traffic . Columbus collapses low , so be patient and don't force things that aren't there."

He's watching, he's paying attention.
Mario has Tocchet in his suite at CEC often. At some point you'd have to figure those two share their thoughts on the team. I would love a coaching combo with Laviolette as the head coach and Tocchet as an assistant. Those two would never let this team become soft and easy to play against.

Old
04-24-2014, 11:15 AM
joeyjake5

Look at Berube and what he did for the flies. With that D corp, he made them into a decent defensive unit. He is definitely in the running for coach of the year.

There got to be a Berube out there for the pens!!!!

Old
04-24-2014, 11:22 AM
Coach John McGuirk
ヽ(。_)ノ

Give me Laviolette (HC), Martin and Tocchet as a staff. Make the appropriate moves to fix the junkyard that is the roster, and we're ****ing grand.

Old
04-24-2014, 01:04 PM
Onan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adams27 View Post
I here enough fire Dan Bylsma rants on here to make one go crazy, so who do you think would make a good fit as the new coach of the penguins? if the this is true I would like to see Adam Oates http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...202101970.html
I tell your Adam Oates idea to Ray Shero next time i meet him.

Old
04-24-2014, 03:15 PM
specialized

When the pens get booted from the playoffs and they fire DB and Shero begs Mario for one more chance with his guy and his guy is Barry Trotz...we'll be asking for DB back...lol

Old
04-24-2014, 03:59 PM
AquaticBirdman

Thinking outside the box here: Guy Boucher

Old
04-24-2014, 04:06 PM
Shady Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaticBirdman View Post
Thinking outside the box here: Guy Boucher
Nah. We don't need the 1-3-1

Old
04-24-2014, 04:09 PM
66-29-33

**** it, let's just hire Trotz. Dunno if Lav will want to come here, he hates this team IIRC. Let's just see where Trotz can take us with someone like Halak who CAN HANDLE THE PUCK WELL!! would also help out the D with a puck moving goaltender.

Old
04-24-2014, 04:12 PM
66-29-33

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyjake5 View Post
Look at Berube and what he did for the flies. With that D corp, he made them into a decent defensive unit. He is definitely in the running for coach of the year.

There got to be a Berube out there for the pens!!!!
Reading Flyers board some already want the guy fired.

Old
04-24-2014, 04:14 PM
WVP

I'd like both of Trotz and Tocchet on the bench.

Old
04-24-2014, 04:16 PM
66-29-33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kharkov View Post
Except Predators have great goaltending and def.
We have awesome D aswell. When our top 4 were out, the young guys were doing an awesome job. There was no 'breakdowns" like the buffoons we have do every shift.

Old
04-24-2014, 04:20 PM
MrBurghundy
Relax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockmaster View Post
Mario has Tocchet in his suite at CEC often. At some point you'd have to figure those two share their thoughts on the team. I would love a coaching combo with Laviolette as the head coach and Tocchet as an assistant. Those two would never let this team become soft and easy to play against.
Speaking to that end, I heard Tocchet talking on Madden's show the other day saying all the things he'd do differently with this team and how he'd get Crosby and Malkin going and didn't make it sound like he liked what Bylsma is doing without actually coming out and saying that. If him and Mario are together often, you have to wonder if Mario is about fed up with Bylsma as well.

Old
04-24-2014, 04:31 PM
Coach John McGuirk
ヽ(。_)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66-29-33 View Post
**** it, let's just hire Trotz. Dunno if Lav will want to come here, he hates this team IIRC. Let's just see where Trotz can take us with someone like Halak who CAN HANDLE THE PUCK WELL!! would also help out the D with a puck moving goaltender.
Not sure how much you'd have to hate a team in order to turn down big money, and the chance to mold a winning franchise with Sid and Geno as your starting points.

I don't know if he'd turn that down.

Old
04-24-2014, 04:37 PM
66-29-33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach John McGuirk View Post
Not sure how much you'd have to hate a team in order to turn down big money, and the chance to mold a winning franchise with Sid and Geno as your starting points.

I don't know if he'd turn that down.
I heard he hates this team from this thread, been posted a few times. I don't actually know if he hates us, except when he played us that is and we whooped his ass and he wanted to fight Bylsma. But i want Shero to build this team through speed, puck possession and when we don't have the puck we hound the other team down untill we get it. THAT'S how THIS team should be (and coached that way too) since we got the 2 best players in the game who love to do that, or did....Bylsma has worn off on a lot of players.

Old
04-24-2014, 04:39 PM
cheesedanish87

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66-29-33 View Post
I agree with hiring Trotz, if not him it has to be a defensive first coach.

Old
04-24-2014, 05:19 PM
Coach John McGuirk
ヽ(。_)ノ

Trotz seems like a fantastic guy, but he terrifies me as a coaching candidate. For one, he fits into Shero's idealistic dream of emulating the Preds' approach to running a franchise. Secondly, he's never had experience with top-flight talent, let alone proven he's successful at utilizing it. He seems an awful lot like Bylsma 2.0 to me, and that's horrifying.

Old
04-24-2014, 09:19 PM
Jacob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach John McGuirk View Post
Trotz seems like a fantastic guy, but he terrifies me as a coaching candidate. For one, he fits into Shero's idealistic dream of emulating the Preds' approach to running a franchise. Secondly, he's never had experience with top-flight talent, let alone proven he's successful at utilizing it. He seems an awful lot like Bylsma 2.0 to me, and that's horrifying.
More like Bylsma than Laviolette? Bylsma and Laviolette think similarly enough that DB wanted Lavs to be his assistant on team USA.

I just don't see the similarities between Trotz and Bylsma. He's much more no-nonsense, experienced and tactical.

Old
04-24-2014, 09:27 PM
mpp9

If we have an assistant who understands how to get the best out of Sid/Geno, I have no problem with Trotz.

If Mario has a say in the offseason plans, I could see Tocchet ending up here. Every interview he's given on local radio, I come away thinking he has a damn good understanding of Sid and Geno's playoff issues.

Old
04-24-2014, 09:31 PM
WVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
If we have an assistant who understands how to get the best out of Sid/Geno, I have no problem with Trotz.

If Mario has a say in the offseason plans, I could see Tocchet ending up here. Every interview he's given on local radio, I come away thinking he has a damn good understanding of Sid and Geno's playoff issues.
Same here, always spot on and thoughtful analysis. Certainly knows our team's strengths and weaknesses, from all angles really since he works the Philly side as well.

Old
04-24-2014, 09:38 PM
Fordy
the kid signify

laviolette + fitzgerald martin tocchet

look out world

Old
04-24-2014, 09:41 PM
mpp9

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVP View Post
Same here, always spot on and thoughtful analysis. Certainly knows our team's strengths and weaknesses, from all angles really since he works the Philly side as well.
And he could provide that kick up the backside and get away with it with his past in the organization. And especially if it's known that Mario had a hand in bringing him in.

That would limit the need for a guy like Laviolette. And from there, I'd honestly rather have a more defensive minded HC. Trotz is as good as any that'd be available this summer.

Old
04-24-2014, 09:43 PM
Fire Shero*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockmaster View Post
That would be fantastic. Bring in a new GM and this team would head into the right direction instead of continuing to regress.

Old
04-24-2014, 09:46 PM
PKV Jungle Friends
Gonna Be a Gas...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesedanish87 View Post
I agree with hiring Trotz, if not him it has to be a defensive first coach.
Kevin Constantine

Old
04-24-2014, 09:51 PM
66-29-33

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post

Trotz- Head Coach
Tocchet - Assistant
Martin - Assistant
Ulf or Keenan - Assistant

Trotz, Martin, Keenan is an all star coaching staff. Definatly be no "buddy buddy" going on, Keenan is an *******, but that's what we need.

Old
04-24-2014, 10:00 PM
hiptanaka

What about John Hynes?

Closed Thread