HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Random Eklund rumors NYI/VAN and Spezza

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-07-2014, 11:16 AM
  #76
The B3ast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 657
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
The isles may well make a major trade involving top prospects or their top five pick. However, IMO it won't be to land 30 something year olds ,making close to $7m each, with sharply declining stats.

I do not know how anyone can try to make the argument , that the Sedins are putting up elite numbers or worth their salaries.
They were PPG players until this year. If they are back to PPG players or close to PPG players next year, they are definitely worth the money.

With the salary cap going up to probably 70 M, just wait and see what FAs get this summer.

The B3ast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2014, 11:29 AM
  #77
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 29,086
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The B3ast View Post
They were PPG players until this year. If they are back to PPG players or close to PPG players next year, they are definitely worth the money.

With the salary cap going up to probably 70 M, just wait and see what FAs get this summer.
They will be 33/34 going into next season.
Isles are not giving up their top prospects for 30 something year olds, who's best years are behind them and who each make $6.7m.
Isles will reportedly be a middle of the cap team. Eklund's rumormongering vs. Snow's own comments+ the comments from sources like Friedman/Staple....I am gonna go with Snow/Friedman/Staple.

When Bob McKenzie/LeBrun/Staple/Friedman report they have sources, who are saying the isles are pursuing the Sedins, I will stop scoffing

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2014, 11:38 AM
  #78
The B3ast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 657
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
They will be 33/34 going into next season.
Isles are not giving up their top prospects for 30 something year olds, who's best years are behind them and who each make $6.7m.
Isles will reportedly be a middle of the cap team. Eklund's rumormongering vs. Snow's own comments+ the comments from sources like Friedman/Staple....I am gonna go with Snow/Friedman/Staple.

When Bob McKenzie/LeBrun/Staple/Friedman report they have sources, who are saying the isles are pursuing the Sedins, I will stop scoffing
How in the world do you know that their best days are behind them?

Look at the return Martin St. Louis fetched when he is 38.

Did I say anything about this trade happening or not. All I said was that its possible.

Why wouldn't teams give their top prospects for top line players who still have 5-7 years left?

The B3ast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2014, 11:50 AM
  #79
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 29,086
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The B3ast View Post
How in the world do you know that their best days are behind them?

Look at the return Martin St. Louis fetched when he is 38.

Did I say anything about this trade happening or not. All I said was that its possible.

Why wouldn't teams give their top prospects for top line players who still have 5-7 years left?
How do you know these 32/33 year olds, each on pace for less then 50 pts, have another 5-7 elite years left?
You are dreaming if you are thinking their best years are still ahead of them.

Get back to me when someone credible reports they have sources, indicating the isles are pursuing the Sedins.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2014, 12:09 PM
  #80
The B3ast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 657
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
How do you know these 32/33 year olds, each on pace for less then 50 pts, have another 5-7 elite years left?
You are dreaming if you are thinking their best years are still ahead of them.

Get back to me when someone credible reports they have sources, indicating the isles are pursuing the Sedins.
On pace for 50 points while both missed 10+ games on a very bad team and both got injured at separate times so they wrent playing toghther for 20 games.

Where did i say elite 5-7 years. LoL. Also, where did I say that their best years are ahead of them?

What if they put up 55-75 points for next 5-7 years.

Why are you even in this thread if you dont think Sedins to NYI is possible.

I didnt know people on HF Boards can predict future.

The B3ast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2014, 12:19 PM
  #81
Tripod
Registered User
 
Tripod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 9,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The B3ast View Post
1- Sedins had one bad year, that includes Daniel/Burrows/Henrik all getting injured.

2 - Islanders will NEVER trade Tavares unless he wants to leave NYI which I doubt.

3 - The Sedins have been over PPG players for last 8 years.

4- People who are saying Islanders are not a good fit, adding Sedins without giving Okposo, they would have a top line of JT and Okposo and Sedins on the 2nd line.

5 - No one knows if Sedins would waive to go NYI or not.

So anything is possible.
Why not be honest instead of sugarcoating things we all see?

Neither Sedin has had a PPG in any of the past 3 years. They are not PPG players anymore. They are still good(at times). But they are definately trending downward.

But I agree, no one can see the future and who knows if they can bounce back. Bu I know I would bet against it if I had to choose as the last 3 years have shown this.

Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2014, 12:33 PM
  #82
The B3ast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 657
vCash: 500
Henrik Sedin

2010-2011 = 82 GP 19G 75A 94 Points
2011-2012 = 82 Gp 14G 67A 81 Points
2012-2013 = 48 Gp 11G 34A 45 Points
2013-2014 = 66 Gp 10G 37A 47 Points

That is 0.96 PPG including this terrible season they are having.
If you dont count this season, 1.04 PPG.

Not saying they will produce like this for next 5-7 years but they will definitely put up 55+ points.

The B3ast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2014, 12:36 PM
  #83
The B3ast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 657
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
Why not be honest instead of sugarcoating things we all see?

Neither Sedin has had a PPG in any of the past 3 years. They are not PPG players anymore. They are still good(at times). But they are definately trending downward.

But I agree, no one can see the future and who knows if they can bounce back. Bu I know I would bet against it if I had to choose as the last 3 years have shown this.
Thats 8 years combined LoL...My bad.

The B3ast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2014, 12:45 PM
  #84
Moore Money
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,889
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashin for President View Post
Sedins are so soft and always hurt. Strome and first round pick? LOL. Strome looking so comfortable lately Isles would look dumb giving up on him for these 2 clowns that havent won anything. I like Big Buff but hes very one dimensional and plays 0 defense. Is he an upgrade? Absolutely, but not for a heavy pricetag. Only moves Isles should be making is for a solid veteran defenseman that can give this D some direction and a goalie. I think Trevor Daley is a perfect example of what the Isles could use. Signed long term and has excellent hockey sense very durable. Trade for Holtby or sign an above average goalie and I think we are in good shape.
yeah the Sedins aren't durable at all. always freakn injured..

Moore Money is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2014, 12:49 PM
  #85
PRNuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,289
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
How do you know these 32/33 year olds, each on pace for less then 50 pts, have another 5-7 elite years left?
You are dreaming if you are thinking their best years are still ahead of them.

Get back to me when someone credible reports they have sources, indicating the isles are pursuing the Sedins.
They're actually the same age. Twins, even.

PRNuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2014, 01:51 PM
  #86
jammyrft
Registered User
 
jammyrft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Up North eh
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,978
vCash: 500
It's pretty brutal as a fan to hear the Sedin's still being bashed relentlessly around the league. Yes they're not bruisers, we all understand that. But believe it or not there's more to the Sedin's then being "soft". I don't need to start listing their achievements to prove these two brothers are world class hockey players and even better human beings.

If you don't want them on your team that's fine, but you don't need to try and bash them to prove your point. Regardless on what you might try and tell yourself, having the twins on your team makes your hockey club better.

jammyrft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2014, 02:19 PM
  #87
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!
 
BiPolar Caps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 5,771
vCash: 500
Floated the following on the Caps board last Friday, April 4th:

One of the teams I think that could be a possibility would be the Islanders. If Wang does sell, couple the new owners coming in (injection of cash) plus moving to Brooklyn in 2015 and with a high Russian population in Brighton Beach in Brooklyn, Ovechkin would be an obvious attraction to putting fannies in the seats at the Barclay Center. The current Islanders Cap obviously is not a problem.

As much as it may sound like heresy for many Caps fans, I think it's time to move in a different direction not just with management/coaching but with corps players as well. I'd send the Russian trio (Ovechkin/Orlov/Kuznetsov) + Johansson to the Islanders for the likes of:

Ovechkin for either Taveras straight up or Strome plus 2014 and 15 1st rounders plus
Orlov/Kuznetsov/MAJO for either de Hann or Hamonic plus Clutterbuck and Okposo.

BiPolar Caps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2014, 03:22 PM
  #88
CodeE
Registered User
 
CodeE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedingFrenzy View Post
Sharks will trade you Niemi and Boyle... Get the goalie you need plus a PPQB to groom the youngsters.
What will you offer in return??
You do realize in less than 3 months Boyle is an unrestricted free agent? Shouldn't expect more than maybe a 5th for his rights at the draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiPolar Caps View Post
Floated the following on the Caps board last Friday, April 4th:

One of the teams I think that could be a possibility would be the Islanders. If Wang does sell, couple the new owners coming in (injection of cash) plus moving to Brooklyn in 2015 and with a high Russian population in Brighton Beach in Brooklyn, Ovechkin would be an obvious attraction to putting fannies in the seats at the Barclay Center. The current Islanders Cap obviously is not a problem.

As much as it may sound like heresy for many Caps fans, I think it's time to move in a different direction not just with management/coaching but with corps players as well. I'd send the Russian trio (Ovechkin/Orlov/Kuznetsov) + Johansson to the Islanders for the likes of:

Ovechkin for either Taveras straight up or Strome plus 2014 and 15 1st rounders plus
Orlov/Kuznetsov/MAJO for either de Hann or Hamonic plus Clutterbuck and Okposo.
I think the worst part of the Vanek trade is every single fanbase thinking they can gut our entire prospect pool (or just get Tavares straight up) if they offer up their decent middle-aged forward whose been regressing as of late.

You never see Chicago fans offering Toews straight up for Tavares... you never see Islander fans offering Tavares in any sort of trade... funny how that works...


Last edited by CodeE: 04-07-2014 at 03:28 PM.
CodeE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2014, 03:34 PM
  #89
Benedict Kovalchuk
Kovalchuk: A spy?
 
Benedict Kovalchuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: CASCADIA NOW
Country: Malta
Posts: 2,816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiPolar Caps View Post
Ovechkin for either Taveras straight up or Strome plus 2014 and 15 1st rounders plus
Orlov/Kuznetsov/MAJO for either de Hann or Hamonic plus Clutterbuck and Okposo.
Terrible. We are not trading our superstar on a great contract and just entering his prime, for your aging superstar on massive contract with his best years firmly behind him. As for the second part, we give up most of the better parts and get killed in value. Orlov is worth less than either de Haan or Hamonic, and no point in trading Okposo for Kuznetsov hoping he'd become as good as Okposo, nevermind adding Clutterbuck. MoJo does not make up the difference.

This looks like an attempt to dump your problems on the Isles and rob them blind in the process while convincing them it is a good idea. The idea that the Brighton beach russian population could somehow make this a good idea for a trade is ridiculous and a stretch at best.

Benedict Kovalchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2014, 03:52 PM
  #90
CodeE
Registered User
 
CodeE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benedict Kovalchuk View Post
Terrible. We are not trading our superstar on a great contract and just entering his prime, for your aging superstar on massive contract with his best years firmly behind him. As for the second part, we give up most of the better parts and get killed in value. Orlov is worth less than either de Haan or Hamonic, and no point in trading Okposo for Kuznetsov hoping he'd become as good as Okposo, nevermind adding Clutterbuck. MoJo does not make up the difference.

This looks like an attempt to dump your problems on the Isles and rob them blind in the process while convincing them it is a good idea. The idea that the Brighton beach russian population could somehow make this a good idea for a trade is ridiculous and a stretch at best.
It's still better than the Jets fan who, unironically, made a "I know your management team would much rather have our guy on the trade block (Kane) than any of your young studs (Reinhart, CDH, Nelson, Pulock) and would be happy to trade any of them because of how badly they want Kane" post.

CodeE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2014, 04:13 PM
  #91
The B3ast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 657
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benedict Kovalchuk View Post
Terrible. We are not trading our superstar on a great contract and just entering his prime, for your aging superstar on massive contract with his best years firmly behind him. As for the second part, we give up most of the better parts and get killed in value. Orlov is worth less than either de Haan or Hamonic, and no point in trading Okposo for Kuznetsov hoping he'd become as good as Okposo, nevermind adding Clutterbuck. MoJo does not make up the difference.

This looks like an attempt to dump your problems on the Isles and rob them blind in the process while convincing them it is a good idea. The idea that the Brighton beach russian population could somehow make this a good idea for a trade is ridiculous and a stretch at best.

Agree that I wouldnt do Tavares for Ovechkin but you saying Ovechkin is an 'aging superstar on massive contract with his best years firmly behind him.' =

The B3ast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2014, 04:41 PM
  #92
WonderTwinsUnite
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: North Delta, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,603
vCash: 500
Why exactly would the Sedins waive for NYI?

WonderTwinsUnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2014, 04:58 PM
  #93
PATCHESx67
Registered User
 
PATCHESx67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: West Island MTL
Country: Portugal
Posts: 1,399
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHB View Post
The Sedins just signed new contracts which kick in next year I believe.

1) Why are they waiving to come to the Isles?

2) The Islanders would have to pay an obscene amount to afford them. Not one of Strome or Reinhart. Start with Okposo or Tavares.
no Sedin's are not too far from retirement and Tavares is just entering hes prime AND much better then the twins

PATCHESx67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2014, 06:36 PM
  #94
SpezDispenser
Registered User
 
SpezDispenser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 14,521
vCash: 500
JVR for Spezza + small piece please and thank you.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2014, 02:43 AM
  #95
The Eternal Rebuild
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Long Island
Posts: 14
vCash: 500
I would start at Strome, Reinhart and a 1, and could probably negotiate down to Strome, Cizikas and a 2.[/QUOTE]

I would give up Strome, Cizikas and a 2nd for the Sedins. Seems like a pretty fair trade to be honest. Canucks get to rebuild and clear cap with the Islanders top prospect (Strome should turn into above average 2nd line center) and the Isles get all the offense they'll ever need with JT, KO, and the Sedins.

The Eternal Rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2014, 02:58 AM
  #96
LOLKarlsson*
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,564
vCash: 500
If I'm GM, I'm jumping up and down at the idea of dumping the Sedins.

LOLKarlsson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2014, 03:01 AM
  #97
iFan
McDavid to Virtanen
 
iFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4,164
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brog View Post
If I'm GM, I'm jumping up and down at the idea of dumping the Sedins.
Linden loves the Sedins and their good friends, Linden will not move them nor would the Sedins waive.

iFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2014, 03:13 AM
  #98
LOLKarlsson*
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iFan View Post
Linden loves the Sedins and their good friends, Linden will not move them nor would the Sedins waive.
Sure they would. Ask them nicely. Might even have to get a little nasty, but anyone can be coerced into waiving.

The Sedins are a problem. The biggest mistake Gillis made in his entire tenure imo was not the goalie debacle, torts hiring, the ballard trade. None of it. His biggest mistake was reupping the Sedins to that handcuffing contract.

LOLKarlsson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2014, 11:54 AM
  #99
blinkman360
CdH for Norris
 
blinkman360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Lawn Guyland
Country: United States
Posts: 9,044
vCash: 500
Wait... even if Tavares demanded a trade, why the hell would we trade him for the Sedins? Nothing against them, they are great players, but moving Tavares basically means another rebuild. Snow would be adding two 34/35 year old players(depending on when he demands the trade), as well as an extra $9.5M in salary per season. It makes absolutely no sense.

Especially not when they could most likely move him to a team like Anaheim for something like Gibson, Lindholm, +. Players that fill bigger needs, are much cheaper and will be around for the long haul.

My apologies if there was more to this trade than Tavares-Sedins, but I'm going off of what I've read on this last page. Makes 0 sense for the Islanders, even if Tavares actually wanted out(which doesn't appear to be the case).

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2014, 12:06 PM
  #100
Goon42
Registered User
 
Goon42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brog View Post
Sure they would. Ask them nicely. Might even have to get a little nasty, but anyone can be coerced into waiving.

The Sedins are a problem. The biggest mistake Gillis made in his entire tenure imo was not the goalie debacle, torts hiring, the ballard trade. None of it. His biggest mistake was reupping the Sedins to that handcuffing contract.
is this y2k's alternate account? The sedins are worth every penny and deserve to retire here.

Goon42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:14 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.