HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Buffalo Bills 2014 Draft: Rd1#4 WR Sammy Watkins; Rd2#44 C. Kouandjio; Stevie traded

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-14-2014, 04:35 PM
  #101
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked
 
Sports Enthusiast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middle of nowhere
Posts: 18,111
vCash: 500
The only guy they have kept in recent memory is the one they shouldn't have, Stevie Johnson. He may have the 3 1,000 yard seasons but he was about the only guy they had. Now they really don't need him. Hes never been big in key moments either unless you count that short pop fly from the Panthers that anyone in this league should have caught.

Sports Enthusiast is offline  
Old
04-14-2014, 04:44 PM
  #102
Leelee Phoenix
Registered User
 
Leelee Phoenix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Hamlet of Ebenezer
Country: Kyrgyzstan
Posts: 1,960
vCash: 50
The Byrd situation has been brushed aside, but it makes little sense to franchise him last year, yet not to do so again unless they had good reason to move on. Of course, the team's buttkissers mock us for suggesting that Byrd was faking the plantar fascitis injury. Sad situation.

Leelee Phoenix is offline  
Old
04-14-2014, 05:00 PM
  #103
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked
 
Sports Enthusiast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middle of nowhere
Posts: 18,111
vCash: 500
Anybody see this?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ld-go-to-jail/

Lol worthy in my opinion. Everything has a loophole...it's just being smart enough to find it.

Sports Enthusiast is offline  
Old
04-14-2014, 06:12 PM
  #104
whiplash
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 5,811
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFTC Addict View Post
Anybody see this?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ld-go-to-jail/

Lol worthy in my opinion. Everything has a loophole...it's just being smart enough to find it.
Yeah, the loophole is that billionaires don't go to jail. Bottom line, if a rich enough person/group wants to move the team, it's getting moved. Maybe not until 2019 but after that, if they don't have a Golisano or someone like him, I'd put the odds they leave at, say, 11 to 5

whiplash is offline  
Old
04-14-2014, 09:09 PM
  #105
Leelee Phoenix
Registered User
 
Leelee Phoenix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Hamlet of Ebenezer
Country: Kyrgyzstan
Posts: 1,960
vCash: 50
Quote:
Much attention has been paid to that $400 million penalty, but in reality, it’s only a fallback protection for public officials aiming to keep the Bills in Buffalo.
I'm curious about this part. The loophole that the lease can be broke in 2020 for $28M or whatever seems so shady to me, and it's hard to find any explanations on this.

Leelee Phoenix is offline  
Old
04-14-2014, 09:11 PM
  #106
Beerz
Registered User
 
Beerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 23,942
vCash: 500
I think getting "The Donald" as an owner would be fantastic for Buffalo ..

I could see him investing in developing the city.

Beerz is offline  
Old
04-14-2014, 09:16 PM
  #107
Top Pair Imposter
False Defenseman
 
Top Pair Imposter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Ras al-Khaimah
Posts: 13,311
vCash: 50
Trump is an egotistical blowhard with questionable stances and practices but none of that really matters in an ownership capacity. I'd watch the apprentice every year if it meant he'd keep the team in Buffalo .

Top Pair Imposter is offline  
Old
04-14-2014, 11:43 PM
  #108
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked
 
Sports Enthusiast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middle of nowhere
Posts: 18,111
vCash: 500
Oy vey:

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bi...ffalo-20140414

I cant see Trump caring if he gets the team. I cant picture things changing. I highly doubt most of these NFL guys(players) know who he even is.

Likely would be a sideshow.

Sports Enthusiast is offline  
Old
04-15-2014, 12:22 AM
  #109
Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔
 
Paxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Laurel, MD
Country: United States
Posts: 24,873
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFTC Addict View Post
Oy vey:

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bi...ffalo-20140414

I cant see Trump caring if he gets the team. I cant picture things changing. I highly doubt most of these NFL guys(players) know who he even is.

Likely would be a sideshow.
I pretty much guarantee most players know who Donald Trump is, not that it really matters

Paxon is offline  
Old
04-15-2014, 01:27 AM
  #110
msm29
Was htsportplaya
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,969
vCash: 500
My biggest issue with Trump is that the recent history of egotistical billionaires owning NFL teams hasn't been so hot (see Snyder, Daniel & Jones, Jerry).

Then again, if he keeps the team in Buffalo and does a little bit for the area, it's no the worst-case scenario.

msm29 is offline  
Old
04-15-2014, 01:56 AM
  #111
Digable5
Registered User
 
Digable5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: B-Lo
Country: United States
Posts: 3,953
vCash: 500
If you read my posts you are probably aware that I am almost always a fan of trading down in the 1st round. Moving up is typically reserved for contenders missing one piece and for obtaining QBs in my drafting strategy. There will always be guys worth drafting later in the first round and in the second round where you would now have two draft picks. Using Walter Football's multiple round Mock draft for what players would be available http://walterfootball.com/draft2014.php here is what I would like to see the Bills do in the draft:

Round 1: (Trade with Cowboys - Cowboys move up to draft Jake Matthews)
Bills pick #16 - ILB CJ Mosley or OT Taylor Lewan
Round 2a: Troy Niklas TE
Round 2b: Cyrus Kouandjio OT or Jordan Matthews WR
Round 3: Bashaud Breeland CB
Round 4: Aaron Murray QB
Round 5: Andre Williams RB

I think Walter Football did a good job by taking the Bills needs and visit list into consideration. I am not as confident in my list as I have been in more recent seasons. Mostly because I think the Bills did a better job adding veteran starters/depth in many of their high need positions than before.

Trading back and still being able to get Lewan could be too good to pass up, but having a good LT already, I think it is too high to draft a RT especially when the position is deep this year. Therefore I select CJ Mosley. Spikes is only signed for one year and the Bills have nothing behind him. An injury, poor performance, suspension or leaving at the end of the season from Spikes could make Mosley an important player to have now and in the very near future.

Niklas is visiting and a likely upgrade over Chandler. I love his size and has the potential to be a good receiver and blocker. Jace Amaro and S.-Jenkins are potentially nice options too.

Because I passed on OT earlier, now would be the good time to target RT. Based on Walter's Football I wrote Kouandjio, but I trust Marrone and Whaley will pick a good prospect here.

Breeland has the size I think Marrone likes in a CB and was a recent visit. With 5 CBs visiting I think there is a good chance we grab one early just as Walter Football describes and it makes total sense to me.

Rounds 4 and 5 are strictly my choosing. With the importance of the QB position, Manual unproven and potentially injury prone and Murray having 1st round talent if he wasn't injured, I would love to see the Bills take a flyer on him here. Its late enough that you aren't missing on definite starters for next season and you add a potential difference maker at the game's most important position.

The Bills have some decisions to make at RB next year because of age/contracts. They have already brought in 4 RBs for visits. A personal favorite of mine is Andre Williams. I saw him play a few times and the kid is tough to take down. I realize that is college, but I think he could be a nice north-south runner in the NFL. In my experience with Marrone/Hackett they tend to have a straight line runner and a more elusive back option. Assuming Spiller is here for a few more seasons, Williams would be a good replacement for Fred although those are big shows to fill.

6 and 7 could then be G and DE to close out the draft.

Digable5 is offline  
Old
04-15-2014, 10:40 AM
  #112
sabresfan129103
So it begins...
 
sabresfan129103's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Amherst, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 19,675
vCash: 500
Jim Kelly's nephew sounds like a real piece of work. He was just kicked off the Clemson football team.

sabresfan129103 is online now  
Old
04-15-2014, 10:55 AM
  #113
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity
 
HockeyH3aven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Buffalo NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,234
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFTC Addict View Post
It would kill the current homefield advantages. But at the sametime...
There is none. Our QB is from California, our RB from Florida, WR's from Kentucky, Texas, SoCal, etc etc.

Players move so quicky and there's so much change this is now a myth.

HockeyH3aven is offline  
Old
04-15-2014, 11:25 AM
  #114
buffswords
Registered User
 
buffswords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Hamburg NY
Country: United States
Posts: 235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digable5 View Post

Round 1: (Trade with Cowboys - Cowboys move up to draft Jake Matthews)
Bills pick #16 - ILB CJ Mosley or OT Taylor Lewan
Round 2a: Troy Niklas TE
Round 2b: Cyrus Kouandjio OT or Jordan Matthews WR
Round 3: Bashaud Breeland CB
Round 4: Aaron Murray QB
Round 5: Andre Williams RB



Rounds 4 and 5 are strictly my choosing. With the importance of the QB position, Manual unproven and potentially injury prone and Murray having 1st round talent if he wasn't injured, I would love to see the Bills take a flyer on him here. Its late enough that you aren't missing on definite starters for next season and you add a potential difference maker at the game's most important position.


.
If Murray was 2 inches taller I think he would be the #1 rated QB coming out this year. I watched him a lot the past few years and he is a great passer and makes great decisions with the ball. I'd be thrilled if they took him.

buffswords is offline  
Old
04-15-2014, 01:26 PM
  #115
Leelee Phoenix
Registered User
 
Leelee Phoenix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Hamlet of Ebenezer
Country: Kyrgyzstan
Posts: 1,960
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresfan129103 View Post
Jim Kelly's nephew sounds like a real piece of work. He was just kicked off the Clemson football team.
He really is. Definition of a spoiled brat who thinks he's above everyone.

I don't care for Murray. He's another 1-read, half the field guy who's skittish in the pocket.

If Garoppolo is there at 41, I'll be begging for the Bills to take him.

Leelee Phoenix is offline  
Old
04-15-2014, 02:45 PM
  #116
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked
 
Sports Enthusiast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middle of nowhere
Posts: 18,111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paxon View Post
I pretty much guarantee most players know who Donald Trump is, not that it really matters
Well in terms of recruiting I suppose this could help.

Sports Enthusiast is offline  
Old
04-15-2014, 02:48 PM
  #117
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked
 
Sports Enthusiast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middle of nowhere
Posts: 18,111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffswords View Post
If Murray was 2 inches taller I think he would be the #1 rated QB coming out this year. I watched him a lot the past few years and he is a great passer and makes great decisions with the ball. I'd be thrilled if they took him.
I think he is Stafford 2.0 really. His injury didn't help either with his rating.

Sports Enthusiast is offline  
Old
04-15-2014, 02:52 PM
  #118
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked
 
Sports Enthusiast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middle of nowhere
Posts: 18,111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by msm29 View Post
My biggest issue with Trump is that the recent history of egotistical billionaires owning NFL teams hasn't been so hot (see Snyder, Daniel & Jones, Jerry).

Then again, if he keeps the team in Buffalo and does a little bit for the area, it's no the worst-case scenario.
Cant comment on Snyder but Jones is also the GM. True they both have egos but it sounds like Jerry is too involved. I'm guessing with other businesses you will be lucky if Trump I even at all the games. Where Jerry is like Cowboys 365. Snyder just spends a lot of money. Not smartly but loves the spotlight that brings I guess.

Sports Enthusiast is offline  
Old
04-15-2014, 07:56 PM
  #119
CraniumCram
cram it
 
CraniumCram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Western NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,096
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digable5 View Post

Round 1: (Trade with Cowboys - Cowboys move up to draft Jake Matthews)
Bills pick #16 - ILB CJ Mosley or OT Taylor Lewan
Round 2a: Troy Niklas TE
Round 2b: Cyrus Kouandjio OT or Jordan Matthews WR
Round 3: Bashaud Breeland CB
Round 4: Aaron Murray QB
Round 5: Andre Williams RB


Niklas is visiting and a likely upgrade over Chandler. I love his size and has the potential to be a good receiver and blocker. Jace Amaro and S.-Jenkins are potentially nice options too.
This is definitely a nice looking draft that gives us a lot of depth. Wouldn't mind trading down if the players available at 9 are underwhelming, but I would be perfectly fine with picking Ebron who should still be there. However, I would rather go with Amaro or ASJ than Niklas in your scenario, he's just proven so little that I don't think he goes until the 3rd or later. Totally down with grabbing an OT in the 2nd or later, this draft is exceptionally deep with talented tackles that Marrone could groom.

As for Murray, sign me up if we can grab him in the 4th and have filled the holes we need to fill in the earlier rounds. He's just a baller and could end up as the perfect backup or even take over the starting job eventually, which wouldn't shock me.

Good looking mock if these players are available in those spots.

CraniumCram is offline  
Old
04-15-2014, 10:05 PM
  #120
Djp
Registered User
 
Djp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Seattle,WA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,358
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digable5 View Post
If you read my posts you are probably aware that I am almost always a fan of trading down in the 1st round. Moving up is typically reserved for contenders missing one piece and for obtaining QBs in my drafting strategy. There will always be guys worth drafting later in the first round and in the second round where you would now have two draft picks. Using Walter Football's multiple round Mock draft for what players would be available http://walterfootball.com/draft2014.php here is what I would like to see the Bills do in the draft:

Round 1: (Trade with Cowboys - Cowboys move up to draft Jake Matthews)
Bills pick #16 - ILB CJ Mosley or OT Taylor Lewan
Round 2a: Troy Niklas TE
Round 2b: Cyrus Kouandjio OT or Jordan Matthews WR
Round 3: Bashaud Breeland CB
Round 4: Aaron Murray QB
Round 5: Andre Williams RB

I think Walter Football did a good job by taking the Bills needs and visit list into consideration. I am not as confident in my list as I have been in more recent seasons. Mostly because I think the Bills did a better job adding veteran starters/depth in many of their high need positions than before.

Trading back and still being able to get Lewan could be too good to pass up, but having a good LT already, I think it is too high to draft a RT especially when the position is deep this year. Therefore I select CJ Mosley. Spikes is only signed for one year and the Bills have nothing behind him. An injury, poor performance, suspension or leaving at the end of the season from Spikes could make Mosley an important player to have now and in the very near future.

Niklas is visiting and a likely upgrade over Chandler. I love his size and has the potential to be a good receiver and blocker. Jace Amaro and S.-Jenkins are potentially nice options too.

Because I passed on OT earlier, now would be the good time to target RT. Based on Walter's Football I wrote Kouandjio, but I trust Marrone and Whaley will pick a good prospect here.

Breeland has the size I think Marrone likes in a CB and was a recent visit. With 5 CBs visiting I think there is a good chance we grab one early just as Walter Football describes and it makes total sense to me.

Rounds 4 and 5 are strictly my choosing. With the importance of the QB position, Manual unproven and potentially injury prone and Murray having 1st round talent if he wasn't injured, I would love to see the Bills take a flyer on him here. Its late enough that you aren't missing on definite starters for next season and you add a potential difference maker at the game's most important position.

The Bills have some decisions to make at RB next year because of age/contracts. They have already brought in 4 RBs for visits. A personal favorite of mine is Andre Williams. I saw him play a few times and the kid is tough to take down. I realize that is college, but I think he could be a nice north-south runner in the NFL. In my experience with Marrone/Hackett they tend to have a straight line runner and a more elusive back option. Assuming Spiller is here for a few more seasons, Williams would be a good replacement for Fred although those are big shows to fill.

6 and 7 could then be G and DE to close out the draft.
I'm perfectly fine with trading down in the draft to the someone around 13-17 and then draft from there and then get another 2nd.

I think Buffalo biggest needs over the first 3 rounds would be: TE, OT, LB, S

Djp is offline  
Old
04-17-2014, 08:46 AM
  #121
Takeo
Registered User
 
Takeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 20,029
vCash: 500
Draft Tek's analysis is spot on. They mock Matthews to the Bills (to help protect Knee-J Manuel). Alternate pick #1 Ebron. Alternate pick #2 Ealy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
I think Buffalo biggest needs over the first 3 rounds would be: TE, OT, LB, S
DE

Takeo is offline  
Old
04-17-2014, 09:20 AM
  #122
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked
 
Sports Enthusiast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middle of nowhere
Posts: 18,111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo View Post
Draft Tek's analysis is spot on. They mock Matthews to the Bills (to help protect Knee-J Manuel). Alternate pick #1 Ebron. Alternate pick #2 Ealy.



DE
Too early for best player available? Something about a linemen just spell blah. Theres a lot of linemen available where as these other positions the talent drop off is significant the farther you hit a draft. Linemen are somewhat to use an NBA term...dime a dozen type players. They all have the size it's the technic they need to work on. It's not like WR do they have the height, speed and good hands for example.

Sports Enthusiast is offline  
Old
04-17-2014, 09:39 AM
  #123
Leelee Phoenix
Registered User
 
Leelee Phoenix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Hamlet of Ebenezer
Country: Kyrgyzstan
Posts: 1,960
vCash: 50
Only 3 more weeks of hearing 'draft some offensive guy to help EJ'.

Really, do people think drafting Matthews or Lewan will do that. Odds are whatever RT you draft won't be better than a healthy Pears in '14, which is when we're supposed to make the decision on EJ (which we won't, there's more scapegoats for next year, Stevie). Not that a RT would do much in pass pro anyway.

Leelee Phoenix is offline  
Old
04-17-2014, 09:46 AM
  #124
Takeo
Registered User
 
Takeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 20,029
vCash: 500
I would put odds near 100% that Matthews would be better than Pears next year, healthy or otherwise. Just me. In fact, I'd rather see Matthews at LT and Glenn moved to RT.

From Draft Tek:
Quote:
I like Matthews better than Robinson for the Bills for four reasons: 1) his pocket awareness with a mobile QB (see Football, Johnny) is outstanding; 2) Matthews' scheme recognition is more sophisticated, 3) he's quicker to adjust to blitzes and Bills were 4th-worst in sacks; and 4) at least for now, Matthews is the more technically-sound pass protector.
Establishing bookend tackles should always be a priority regardless of the QB situation. The 49ers improved once they prioritized their OL. Just one example.

Takeo is offline  
Old
04-17-2014, 03:15 PM
  #125
CraniumCram
cram it
 
CraniumCram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Western NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,096
vCash: 500
We can grab a tackle in the 2nd or 3rd. Go for the best upgrade available. Personally, the biggest upgrade I see at 9 is Ebron. Matthews would certainly be an upgrade at RT, but I don't think the need is pressing enough for a top 10 pick.

CraniumCram is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:59 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.