HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-2014 Rangers Prospects Thread *Part IV* (Player Stats in Post #1; Updated 6/17)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-30-2014, 02:26 PM
  #251
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,530
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
Third player signed from that 2013 draft. Looking reaaaaaal good right now.

He's earned that deal. Happy for him. Expect to see him back in the Dub next year though.
I'd be really surprised if the Rangers didn't sign every pick they made last year. Pretty impressive.

Trxjw is offline  
Old
05-30-2014, 02:33 PM
  #252
ecemleafs
Registered User
 
ecemleafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 10,429
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I'd be really surprised if the Rangers didn't sign every pick they made last year. Pretty impressive.
graves, duke, skaps already signed? buch will definitely be signed if he wants to sign. it would be funny if we signed out last 4 picks from 2013 before our first pick in the draft.

ecemleafs is offline  
Old
05-30-2014, 02:35 PM
  #253
Raspewtin
Early To The Party
 
Raspewtin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Howard Beach, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,897
vCash: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
graves, duke, skaps already signed? buch will definitely be signed if he wants to sign. it would be funny if we signed out last 4 picks from 2013 before our first pick in the draft.
Buch still has a year left on his KHL deal so I don't see him signed yet.

Tambo might get a contract before June 1st. Don't see it happening though.

__________________
Raspewtin is offline  
Old
05-30-2014, 02:56 PM
  #254
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,530
vCash: 500
Buch won't sign until his KHL deal is up after this upcoming season.

Tambo will go back for another year in the dub. He needs it. Interesting blend of size and skill, but he's going to need to get much stronger if he's ever going to be a top-six forward.

Trxjw is offline  
Old
05-30-2014, 02:59 PM
  #255
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,083
vCash: 500
how did buch play this year? i havent been keeping up.

Inferno is offline  
Old
05-30-2014, 03:09 PM
  #256
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,530
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
how did buch play this year? i havent been keeping up.
Very well considering he's a 18/19 y/o in a men's league where kids don't see a lot of ice time. Performed well at the WJC, but also had that celebration incident. However, he's just a kid and will mature as he develops.

Kid is definitely a dynamic talent. He also has the type of talent that would fit very well into the type of offense we now have.

Trxjw is offline  
Old
05-30-2014, 03:11 PM
  #257
Raspewtin
Early To The Party
 
Raspewtin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Howard Beach, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,897
vCash: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Buch won't sign until his KHL deal is up after this upcoming season.

Tambo will go back for another year in the dub. He needs it. Interesting blend of size and skill, but he's going to need to get much stronger if he's ever going to be a top-six forward.
If he doesn't get to at least 195-200 pounds he'll never make the NHL. Way too weak.

Raspewtin is offline  
Old
05-31-2014, 04:22 AM
  #258
m4tt145
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,236
vCash: 500
What do you think about Lindbergs chances next season?

m4tt145 is offline  
Old
05-31-2014, 05:14 AM
  #259
SoftEuro4thLiner
Registered User
 
SoftEuro4thLiner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Country: Austria
Posts: 2,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
If he doesn't get to at least 195-200 pounds he'll never make the NHL. Way too weak.
I have no doubt he will. Guy has found a nastiness in his game this year. His timing when throwing checks has been outstanding for most of the year. He's pissing people off as well. Can hold his own against veterans and he just turned 19. About 180 pounds already according to Eliteprospects, I have no doubt he will be at around 190 when the puck drops in Cherepovets. The ceiling here is a 30 goal scoring dangler who agitates the opponent. Will also go into dirty areas and drive home rebounds. There's not a lot of that breed in the NHL. Excellent pick.

SoftEuro4thLiner is offline  
Old
05-31-2014, 07:41 AM
  #260
kovazub94
Enigmatic
 
kovazub94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 809
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftEuro4thLiner View Post
I have no doubt he will. Guy has found a nastiness in his game this year. His timing when throwing checks has been outstanding for most of the year. He's pissing people off as well. Can hold his own against veterans and he just turned 19. About 180 pounds already according to Eliteprospects, I have no doubt he will be at around 190 when the puck drops in Cherepovets. The ceiling here is a 30 goal scoring dangler who agitates the opponent. Will also go into dirty areas and drive home rebounds. There's not a lot of that breed in the NHL. Excellent pick.
I think he was talking about Tambo, not Butch. Otherwise I'd also disagree with his assessment.

kovazub94 is offline  
Old
05-31-2014, 08:32 AM
  #261
SoftEuro4thLiner
Registered User
 
SoftEuro4thLiner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Country: Austria
Posts: 2,556
vCash: 500
uh yeah, seems like it. Me stoopid.

SoftEuro4thLiner is offline  
Old
05-31-2014, 11:25 AM
  #262
Raspewtin
Early To The Party
 
Raspewtin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Howard Beach, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,897
vCash: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftEuro4thLiner View Post
I have no doubt he will. Guy has found a nastiness in his game this year. His timing when throwing checks has been outstanding for most of the year. He's pissing people off as well. Can hold his own against veterans and he just turned 19. About 180 pounds already according to Eliteprospects, I have no doubt he will be at around 190 when the puck drops in Cherepovets. The ceiling here is a 30 goal scoring dangler who agitates the opponent. Will also go into dirty areas and drive home rebounds. There's not a lot of that breed in the NHL. Excellent pick.
That comment was in response to Adam Tambellini, not Buch.

Raspewtin is offline  
Old
06-01-2014, 08:47 AM
  #263
richardsequalscup*
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,262
vCash: 500
Don't expect much from Tambellini. To me I would rate our prospects as follows.


1. Miller
2. Duclair
3. Lindberg
4. Skjei
5. McIlrath
6. Allen
7. Graves
8. Nieves
9. Buchnevich
10. Fast

The fact Duclair wasn't ranked ahead of Grigorenko on the top 50 list was laughable. Duclair was the dominant player on his team by a mile. Not Grigorenko. Lindberg is one of those guys nobody talks about but he produces very well on every level. Reminds me of how Hagelin got no attention from the media. I think people will really see what McIlrath will bring to the NHL next year. His game is not made for the AHL or juniors. It's made for the NHL. Everytime McIlrath seemed to have a huge hit in the minors and because he's so tall and his shoulder would hit the guys head, they suspended him. That won't happen in the NHL unless he leaves his feet. The biggest probelm McIlrath had when called up was not knowing when to get rid of the puck quick or be patient and hold onto it. He'll learn that with experience. HF has always vastly overrated European prospects. They love those talented guys who don't show up every night and have no idea how to score goals in front of the net.

richardsequalscup* is offline  
Old
06-01-2014, 09:27 AM
  #264
Frolov of Wraparound
Knighted
 
Frolov of Wraparound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Midland
Posts: 60
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lundqvististheking View Post
Don't expect much from Tambellini. To me I would rate our prospects as follows.


1. Miller
2. Duclair
3. Lindberg
4. Skjei
5. McIlrath
6. Allen
7. Graves
8. Nieves
9. Buchnevich
10. Fast

The fact Duclair wasn't ranked ahead of Grigorenko on the top 50 list was laughable. Duclair was the dominant player on his team by a mile. Not Grigorenko. Lindberg is one of those guys nobody talks about but he produces very well on every level. Reminds me of how Hagelin got no attention from the media. I think people will really see what McIlrath will bring to the NHL next year. His game is not made for the AHL or juniors. It's made for the NHL. Everytime McIlrath seemed to have a huge hit in the minors and because he's so tall and his shoulder would hit the guys head, they suspended him. That won't happen in the NHL unless he leaves his feet. The biggest probelm McIlrath had when called up was not knowing when to get rid of the puck quick or be patient and hold onto it. He'll learn that with experience. HF has always vastly overrated European prospects. They love those talented guys who don't show up every night and have no idea how to score goals in front of the net.
Fast is way too far down on that list. Many of these players haven't even seen AHL time, while Fast has proven to be a more than capable defensive forward, at least, in the NHL. Also, I admittedly didn't see any Remparts games this year, but Grigs still produced very well for not playing many games. I thought his projected pace would have had him slightly under Duke's totals if they played the same amount of games. With all his tools, Grigs is still the better prospect. And finally, there's no way Nieves isn't at the bottom of this list.

Frolov of Wraparound is offline  
Old
06-01-2014, 09:52 AM
  #265
kovazub94
Enigmatic
 
kovazub94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 809
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lundqvististheking View Post
Don't expect much from Tambellini. To me I would rate our prospects as follows.


1. Miller
2. Duclair
3. Lindberg

4. Skjei
5. McIlrath
6. Allen
7. Graves
8. Nieves
9. Buchnevich
10. Fast

.
No way there's a 7 spot difference between Duke and Butch, or between Lindberg and Fast.

kovazub94 is offline  
Old
06-01-2014, 09:59 AM
  #266
cwede
Registered User
 
cwede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 343
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lundqvististheking View Post
Don't expect much from Tambellini. To me I would rate our prospects as follows.
1. Miller
2. Duclair
3. Lindberg
4. Skjei
5. McIlrath
6. Allen
7. Graves
8. Nieves
9. Buchnevich
10. Fast

.
No love for Kristo, eh?
I agree with Frolov that Nieves hasn't shown enough; but for guys who are not blue-chip players, junior year in college is the year to establish as top 6 and NHL potential. This applies to Fogarty too, there's room for righty-center with size and a 2-way game.
The other guy everyone underestimates is Tommy Hughes.
I believe there's a bias here against guys who are undrafted.
But a player is way closer to what he will become at 21, than at 18 or 19.

Hughes has size, comes from a winning environment, and shoots Right. Could follow the Dan Girardi path, while not all the way to All-Star and league-leading ice-time, but to an established career.

In the 40+ years I've been a fan, shooting Right has never been more valued. There were lots of articles about how the Bruins built these Cup-contending teams around 4 righty wings, 4 lefty wings. 2 righty centers and two lefties, and 3 righty, 3 lefty D.
The trade of the younger, highly drafted Del Zotto for the older, lower-ceiling Klein was all about a reliable Righty on 3d pair. (no need for del zotto insults here, my point is NYR might've gotten more, or a younger player, but filled particular need that was a priority to the coach, for a Righty)

cwede is offline  
Old
06-01-2014, 11:07 AM
  #267
Rust Heisenberg
Registered User
 
Rust Heisenberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,817
vCash: 500
I have a few prospects that I really think can be NHL players, if not difference makers.

I don't have a top 10 ranking system like most on here do, I break them down into tiers of success.

Difference Makers (Top Tier):
-Miller
-Kristo
-Skjei

Solid Contributors (Middle Tier):
-Duclair
-McIlrath
-Buchnevich
-Lindberg

Depth Players (Lowest Tier):
-Allen
-Graves
-Fast
-Hrvik
-Tambellini
-Bourque
-Nieves

I think those are the players that have a the best chance of an NHL career. Each tier has players I believe will be best in descending order... so I guess if you were to take away my 3 tier headlines the numerical order of my prospects would be:

1) Miller
2) Kristo
3) Skjei
4) Duclair
5) McIlrath
6) Buchnevich
7) Lindberg
8) Allen
9) Graves
10) Fast
11) Hrvik
12) Tambellini
13) Bourque
14) Nieves

Rust Heisenberg is offline  
Old
06-01-2014, 03:44 PM
  #268
nrf83
Registered User
 
nrf83's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: golf course
Country: United States
Posts: 784
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Bones View Post
I think Calle going to EV Zug is great, IMO. It's just like the SHL in play style, so I think this will be good for him. It has an NHL-out clause by the 15th of June so there was probably a glitch in negotiations that they needed some more time to figure out. All we need to do is sign him, see how he does over in Switzerland and then evaluate his status. I just think it's a bit weird to think that the organization was really liking how he was progressing last year and then completely do a 360 on how they think about his development. It was also rumored a week or two ago that NYR was trying to get him signed.
http://snyrangersblog.com/prospects/...lle-andersson/

done

nrf83 is offline  
Old
06-01-2014, 05:11 PM
  #269
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 23,419
vCash: 500
Awards:
I just don't see a whole lot in Kristo.

__________________

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline  
Old
06-01-2014, 05:27 PM
  #270
bobbop
Henrik's Pop
 
bobbop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Suburban Phoenix
Country: United States
Posts: 4,835
vCash: 500
I am hearing much better things from my hockey friends about Tambellini than I am reading here

bobbop is offline  
Old
06-01-2014, 05:46 PM
  #271
Zil
Registered User
 
Zil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 4,160
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I just don't see a whole lot in Kristo.
Yeah, I don't get the love for him. His only asset is offense and his offense isn't that great. To me Skjei is our clear top prospect and after that it all comes down to preference.

Miller, Fast, and Lindberg are the closest to being ready, but have 2nd-3rd tweener ceilings (which is nothing to sneeze it). Duclair and Buchnevich have probably the most upside of any of our forward prospects, but they're both more boom or bust-type guys than the AHL group. I'd rate Nieves a notch lower because of his poor season, but he's another boom or bust. The speed, size, and skill are all there if he ever gets "it" and we could definitely use a fast top-six center.

I'm not sure what to think of the rest of the system. McIlrath keeps making strides, but he's still not close to a finished product. I like Graves and he's probably a ways away, but he could be solid. The newly added college free agents intrigue me, especially Haggerty, but nobody's seen enough to know what we have in them. Tambellini, Andersson, Noreau, and St. Croix are total lottery tickets.

The system's not great right now thanks to all of the traded picks, but I do think we have some good pieces. Clark and Gorton continue to dig up interesting guys in the later rounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
I am hearing much better things from my hockey friends about Tambellini than I am reading here
Any specifics?

Zil is online now  
Old
06-01-2014, 07:05 PM
  #272
cwede
Registered User
 
cwede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 343
vCash: 500
Bodie is real interesting case, he's small at 170#, but I saw Union play often (really. Family connection) and he's a creative, aggressive, good hockey-sense player.
Has a shot at a dan boyle/brian campbell/torey krug type career, as a smaller offensive d-man. Or he may be way over his head.
Wont know 'til he's playing against pros come the fall.

cwede is offline  
Old
06-01-2014, 08:52 PM
  #273
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 10,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I just don't see a whole lot in Kristo.
Certainly not what Rust/Ken sees. His rankings for Kristo and Fast both stick out like sore thumbs (in opposite directions) on that list.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline  
Old
06-01-2014, 08:54 PM
  #274
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 10,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
I am hearing much better things from my hockey friends about Tambellini than I am reading here
Interesting. Good to hear. The dichotomy between his performance at NoDak and at Calgary is certainly enough to prompt debate. I'm glad that the better play came later - and that the pros you know thought highly of it.

Curious to see if he can step it up another level next year - we could really use an offensively talented 6'4" center...

BrooklynRangersFan is offline  
Old
06-01-2014, 11:25 PM
  #275
Zil
Registered User
 
Zil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 4,160
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Interesting. Good to hear. The dichotomy between his performance at NoDak and at Calgary is certainly enough to prompt debate. I'm glad that the better play came later - and that the pros you know thought highly of it.

Curious to see if he can step it up another level next year - we could really use an offensively talented 6'4" center...
I thought he was a left wing. Did he play center this season?

Zil is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:54 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.