HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

P.K. Subban

Old
05-04-2014, 09:22 PM
Draft

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deluded Puck View Post
Good Lord. Talk about a lack of self-awareness.
"The B's don't play the embellishment card" ....

To be fair though, they're full of compliments regarding his abilities and off-ice behaviour.

I really think Subban is this franchise's hope for the next +10yrs (outside of the net). Obviously a big game player and such a talent. I'd love for us to find him someone that would compliment his playing style like Seabrook-Keith.

Draft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2014, 09:24 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

It's a good thing that he's strong and athletic, because it helps him recover from poor body positioning defending the crease pretty much every other shift.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2014, 09:26 PM
yianik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deluded Puck View Post
Good Lord. Talk about a lack of self-awareness.
Been brainwashed on a mass scale. My bet its some CIA experiment. Julien is the key to keep them in this state.

yianik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2014, 10:25 PM
SouthernHab
Go Habs Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I think you have a hard time understanding yourself buddy. Either that or you're just not expressing your thoughts well.
I have already expressed myself on this topic at least 50 times.

It is not about Either Subban or Vanek.

It is not about Either Vanek or Subban.

It is not about only Subban.

It is not about only Vanek.

It is about having the combination of the two and with that, salaries will have to be managed.

After saying all of that, I am sure you will continue on with your misinterpretation and more annoying, your misrepresentation of my posts.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2014, 10:36 PM
Saintpatrick*

Talk about class in the face of internet cowards.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...024/story.html

Saintpatrick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2014, 10:48 PM
Mr. Hab

Why can't someone change the title of this thread?!!

Best player we've ever had and the title is about his struggles?
What the ****.

Some people here act like it's a new discovery...Subban playing great hockey in playoffs.
First time we saw him against Wash/Pitts (2011? my memory is bad!) he was amazing back then and he's amazing now.

A few still doubt Subban? I really don't ****ing get it, so yes...I'll have to say it's racism...hate playing the racist card but how can you not LOVE Subban? how? (and from day 1). I love the way he plays defense...I love how he always sees someone coming at him from a mile away so as not to be decapitated...he does everything and also gets out of the way of violent bodychecks...very very smart player...very smart/crafty defense. If you can move the puck and avoid bodychecks...you will have a longer career. Brilliant.

So many dmen can learn so much from Subban.
Gorges and Markov can learn a lot from Subban (not the other way around...trust me!), but sometimes it's just a matter of having it or not. Subban has it all (he even has a colorful/full of life personality).
And those crediting the coaching staff, trust me...the coaching staff are on their knees kissing Subban's ***. Subban is Subban...has nothing to do with coaching!! No ****ing way. If anything...coaches have been unfair to him.

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 05-05-2014 at 12:25 AM.
Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2014, 10:50 PM
SouthernHab
Go Habs Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Why can't someone change the title of this thread?!!

Best player we've ever had and the title is about his struggles?
What the ****.

Some people here act like it's a new discovery...Subban playing great hockey in playoffs.

First time we saw him against Wash/Pitts (2011? my memory is bad!) he was amazing back then and he's amazing now.

A few still doubt Subban? I really don't ****ing get it, so yes...I'll have to say it's racism...hate playing the racist card but how can you not LOVE Subban? how? (and from day 1). I love the way he plays defense...I love how he always sees someone coming at him from a mile away so as not to be decapitated...he does everything and also gets out of the way of violent bodychecks...very very smart player...very smart/crafty defense. If you can move the puck and avoid bodychecks...you will have a longer career. Brilliant.

So many dmen can learn so much from Subban.
Gorges and Markov can learn a lot from Subban (not the other way around...trust me!), but sometimes it's just a matter of having it or not. Subban has it all (he even has a colorful/full of life personality).
And those crediting the coaching staff, trust me...the coaching staff are on their knees kissing Subban's ***. Subban is Subban...has nothing to do with coaching!! No ****ing way. If anything...coaches have been unfair to him.
PK did struggle down the stretch during the regular season.

I agree with you regarding the title. Let the past be the past.

Old
05-04-2014, 10:56 PM
JLP
Refugee

"The Bs don't play the embellishment card"

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2014, 11:01 PM
Lebowski
El Duderino

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
"The Bs don't play the embellishment card"

They are one brainwashed bunch, that's for sure.

Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2014, 11:18 PM
FF de Mars

vCash: 50
Subban's physical strenght, paired with skills and above average skating... impairs me : he's special.

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2014, 12:16 PM
BRAD HABSFAN

Saw this in an old Hockey Inside out Iinterview with Hal Gill. Do not know if this was brought up in an earlier post..here is Gil answering about PK---So back to P.K.?

I really wanted to play with P.K. The problem was with P.K. is that everyone wanted to fix him. P.K. is P.K. You dont fix him. You have to just keep him focused and on the ball. Thats why I thought I had a good relationship with him were going up the ice and Im yelling at him to go, yelling at him. And hes like, Oh yeah, okay

We had Randy Ladouceur and Perry Pearn coaching him and I was his partner. I think it was a lot. I told P.K., Theres a lot of people all over you. If you want to talk, come and talk to me. If I see something on the ice, Ill tell you, but Im not going to bother you.

I thought he was awesome, Id talk to him a lot. In the Buffalo airport, as I was leaving for Detroit after the trade, he called me and talked to me for five minutes. Hes a really good kid. He just needs to play the game. Thats all it is.

Hes got to learn to focus. Hes so gifted, he just kinda goes and does his thing, thats what hes always done. He goes out there Its my turn? Im going to jump on the ice and be awesome. Just focus. Hes a young kid. When you first get to the NHL, youre thinking, Its my first year, Im going to be awesome. Your second year comes around and its, Im awesome, Im just going to do what I do. Well, it doesnt work that way.

BRAD HABSFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2014, 01:31 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
I have already expressed myself on this topic at least 50 times.

It is not about Either Subban or Vanek.

It is not about Either Vanek or Subban.

It is not about only Subban.

It is not about only Vanek.

It is about having the combination of the two and with that, salaries will have to be managed.

After saying all of that, I am sure you will continue on with your misinterpretation and more annoying, your misrepresentation of my posts.
You were talking of priorities, saying Vanek is more important of a signing. Your argument to support this idea? That we had not won a cup with PK.
Why do you think it's sparked a conversation??? You think people here would have argued against you if you said we need to sign both PK and Vanek?? Who here would be against that? Find me one poster.

The discussion was about who you prioritize and you were trying to argue that Vanek was a bigger piece of the puzzle.

If I'm totally wrong about this, then please, tell me. But then, I have no idea how a conversation would have ensued.

Last edited by Kriss E: 05-05-2014 at 01:46 PM.
Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2014, 06:35 PM
Mr. Hab

edit

Old
05-05-2014, 06:36 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
PK did struggle down the stretch during the regular season.

I agree with you regarding the title. Let the past be the past.

Yup, but it doesn't change the fact that Subban (with Price) is/are the best we've had since '93...imo.

Subban could win another Norris, a Cup, and this thread title (''struggles'') will still be up!!!???? (so ****ing insulting, imo).

What the ****!!!.

Subban has been one of the best players (top 5) in the NHL '14 playoffs...time to change the ****ing title of this thread!!!

Cheers!

Old
05-05-2014, 06:48 PM
SouthernHab
Go Habs Go!

Quote:
You were talking of priorities, saying Vanek is more important of a signing. Your argument to support this idea? That we had not won a cup with PK.
Why do you think it's sparked a conversation??? You think people here would have argued against you if you said we need to sign both PK and Vanek?? Who here would be against that? Find me one poster.

The discussion was about who you prioritize and you were trying to argue that Vanek was a bigger piece of the puzzle.

If I'm totally wrong about this, then please, tell me. But then, I have no idea how a conversation would have ensued.
A conversation happens when two (or more) people engage in a discussion about ideas, thoughts or opinions.

It degrades into nothing when a person involved in the conversation misrepresents what another person says.

Kriss, I dont know how much more clearly I can say this without the risk of you building another strawman to tear down.

This team has had PK Subban on the roster and we have not won a Cup. The priority for management is to get a top-line forward (like Vanek was in the regular season before his mysterious drop-off in play--another thread) to improve our talent level and take advantage of having a DMan like Subban AND a high-scoring forward. And the reality is that salaries have to be managed accordingly to sign a top line forward.

But, of course, you somehow took that to mean that I want to dump Subban.

Are you ready to have an intellectually honest conversation now?

Old
05-05-2014, 07:06 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
A conversation happens when two (or more) people engage in a discussion about ideas, thoughts or opinions.

It degrades into nothing when a person involved in the conversation misrepresents what another person says.

Kriss, I dont know how much more clearly I can say this without the risk of you building another strawman to tear down.

This team has had PK Subban on the roster and we have not won a Cup. The priority for management is to get a top-line forward (like Vanek was in the regular season before his mysterious drop-off in play--another thread) to improve our talent level and take advantage of having a DMan like Subban AND a high-scoring forward. And the reality is that salaries have to be managed accordingly to sign a top line forward.

But, of course, you somehow took that to mean that I want to dump Subban.

Are you ready to have an intellectually honest conversation now?
Funny you keep telling me how I don't understand and then say ''I took that to mean you want to dumbp Subban''. Hmmm...Where did I say this? You shouldn't have a problem providing that proof seeing how I kept skewing your words right? So please, show me where I said that?

I never did. Even in the post you quoted, I specifically mentioned prioritizing. So again, what the heck are you talking about me saying you want to dump him?

Both Vanek and PK end their contracts after the POs. We need to re-sign both, ideally. But which of the two you need to sign first (hence prioritize), it's PK. Something you argued against. You said Vanek is more important. That's what the discussion was about. And you're argument as to why Vanek was more important, was that PK never won a cup. It doesn't mean you don't want both. I'm talking about prioritizing.

Old
05-05-2014, 07:22 PM
SouthernHab
Go Habs Go!

Quote:
Funny you keep telling me how I don't understand and then say ''I took that to mean you want to dump Subban''. Hmmm...Where did I say this?

It really doesnt matter though since I think you are just trolling for sport.

03-28-2014, 03:48 PM

Quote:
My point is that Vanek will have a bigger positive impact on winning games than PK Subban will.

The Canadiens have not been missing PK Subban from the lineup because he has been in the lineup.

The Canadiens have been missing a big, elite winger who is a goal scorer.
This is when you began building the strawman.

03-29-2014, 01:11 AM

Quote:
And?
Remove Subban from 2010, give us Vanek, we don't make it to the Finals either.
I'd argue we'd have even less ''success''. So what's your point?

If your point is to say that we need both players, then you can simply say ''we need both''.
And that was after countless posts of my saying that it was not either or. It was about having both.

Keep at it though.

Old
05-05-2014, 07:31 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
It really doesnt matter though since I think you are just trolling for sport.

03-28-2014, 03:48 PM

This is when you began building the strawman.

03-29-2014, 01:11 AM

And that was after countless posts of my saying that it was not either or. It was about having both.

Keep at it though.
Again what are you trying to say?

That the biggest need of the Habs was an elite forward at the deadline? Damn, nobody knew that, but how does this mean ''Vanek will have more positive impact on winning games than PK will''???

I hope these playoffs are showing you how wrong you were there. Vanek does have a bigger impact on winning, but how about putting this to rest, who do you think is more important, PK or Vanek? Who do we prioritize for signing?

Last edited by Kriss E: 05-05-2014 at 07:38 PM.
Old
05-05-2014, 07:33 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
No need to prioritize between Vanek and Subban since neither impact eachother's signing. Priority is between our talent and scrubs making too much money.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2014, 07:37 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
No need to prioritize between Vanek and Subban since neither impact eachother's signing. Priority is between our talent and scrubs making too much money.
They might if management intended on re-signing Gio and Markov.

Old
05-05-2014, 07:43 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:
They might if management intended on re-signing Gio and Markov.
I'd put Gionta in the non-talent category. It's prioritizing between guys like: Gionta/Bourque/Briere/Moen/Prust/Murray/Boullion and guys like: Markov/Vanek/Subban.

I think it's an easy answer though, the salary structure of most contenders suggests the salary cap should be going to talent first and depth is secondary.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2014, 07:45 PM
SouthernHab
Go Habs Go!

Quote:
Again what are you trying to say?

That the biggest need of the Habs was an elite forward at the deadline? Damn, nobody knew that, but how does this mean ''Vanek will have more positive impact on winning games than PK will''???

I hope these playoffs are showing you how wrong you were there. Vanek does have a bigger impact on winning, but how about putting this to rest, who do you think is more important, PK or Vanek? Who do we prioritize for signing?
Already answered that question multiple times, endured your strawmen and I am done with trying to have a conversation with you on this issue.

Go Habs Go!!!

And lets change the title of this thread!!!!

Old
05-05-2014, 07:46 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I'd put Gionta in the non-talent category. It's prioritizing between guys like: Gionta/Bourque/Briere/Moen/Prust/Murray/Boullion and guys like: Markov/Vanek/Subban.

I think it's an easy answer though, the salary structure of most contenders suggests the salary cap should be going to talent first and depth is secondary.
Yes, and we've done the opposite for quite some time now, or least mixed it all up.

Old
05-05-2014, 07:49 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Already answered that question multiple times, endured your strawmen and I am done with trying to have a conversation with you on this issue.

Go Habs Go!!!

And lets change the title of this thread!!!!
You have? Was it in the same post you said we should trade PK if he helds out for arbitration?
Or in the post where you called him selfish?

Old
05-05-2014, 08:00 PM
Mr. Hab

Subban's amazing play

I just thought since there's a thread called ''Subban's struggles'' I'd make one that is more appropriate...more respectful towards our PK Subban. Thanks.

Go Subban Go!!
Go health Go!!