HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

P.K. Subban

Old
05-08-2014, 04:10 AM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
Yay eyes. It's not like we're talking secondary assists here. PK's OT winner. Two great feeds to Vanek in game 2 (the first one especially). The electric out the penalty box breakaway. His brilliant flip passes to Bourque. That highlight play on Gallagher's goal against TB where what's his name catapulted himself straight into hundreds of gifs for years to come.

Defense is hard to judge but he'd have to be really awful defensively to erase that kind of production as well as having us losing. neither have been the case.

Price has been amazing but it's not like we've been heavily leaning on him. He's stole a few but otherwise he's had great support.
great post man lol

reading you bring up every moment hes had this playoffs was playing back in my head and i practicaly blacked out for a min

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 09:18 AM
MasterDecoy
Lo Pan's lovechild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
Oh yeah, I'm sure those were Therrien's intentions all along.

He was saving PK's energy because he is known to lack the necessary endurance come playoff time... Seriously?!
Decided against posting sarcastic. Is it really all that to imagine that therrien might actually know what he's doing? Two great seasons and so far he's out coached a jack Adams finalist and fat whiny face

Is it also a coincidence that only now is therrien publicly praising subban? He went out of his way to criticize him during the season

I'm on team therrien bro

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 09:43 AM
MasterDecoy
Lo Pan's lovechild

On the bruins board, they have a looooot of nice things to say about him. Love this rivalry

Old
05-08-2014, 09:55 AM
S Bah

Pk Subban taking to heart the advice of the immortal Jean Beliveau certainly has caught the Hab Fever!!!.......... Once you've caught it, it never goes away believe Dat!!!

S Bah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 12:48 PM
Lebowski
El Duderino

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
Decided against posting sarcastic. Is it really all that to imagine that therrien might actually know what he's doing? Two great seasons and so far he's out coached a jack Adams finalist and fat whiny face

Is it also a coincidence that only now is therrien publicly praising subban? He went out of his way to criticize him during the season

I'm on team therrien bro
I simply don't buy it. Therrien has done nothing but trying to restrain Subban since coming to Montréal. How convenient is it for him to blame Subban when things aren't going so well, and to get the praise when Subban plays well?

Subban needs leash, and needs confidence, to play well. Therrien struggled to give him that at times, and it reflected in Subban's play. Now that he feels dependent on Subban to get through the Bruins, he gives him more responsibilities, and as a result, Subban is playing better hockey.

Some players need to be coached through things. Subban isn't one of them. I put as much blame on Therrien - if not more - as Subban for PK's relatively average season, but I won't praise Therrien for the way Subban plays right now. This is the Subban we could have had a while ago if Therrien put his ego aside and let the kid have fun out there.

As some other posters brought up, Monctonscout line of thinking is that Therrien sheltered Subban "on purpose" so that he'd have energy come playoff time, which is just ridiculous considering he surtaxed his older, and known to struggle in the playoffs, Markov all season long.

I like the fact Therrien is now trusting Subban a little more, even to protect the lead in the last minute of a game. My issue is that he should have done that a while ago.

Last edited by Lebowski: 05-08-2014 at 01:10 PM.
Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 01:02 PM
Lozela

If Bergy waits too much...

PK will receive an offer sheet.

Lozela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 01:13 PM
Runner77

vCash: 0
I have no doubt Bergevin will get PK signed. Habs can afford to pay market value -- pay one of the best players in the game accordingly, should be a no-brainer.

Runner77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 01:17 PM
PricePkPatch*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozela View Post
If Bergy waits too much...

PK will receive an offer sheet.
PK has to sign an offer sheet for it to be relevant

PricePkPatch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 01:23 PM
overlords
youmyboyblou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
PK has to sign an offer sheet for it to be relevant
There were a lot of rumours going around last time that PK refused an offer sheet from philly. I can't say I'm super confident in him doing it for a second time if negotiations go sour.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 01:30 PM
Genesis76

vCash: 50
Subban or Vanek ?

Genesis76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 01:31 PM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis76 View Post
Subban or Vanek ?
Is this a real question?

99GoHabsGo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 01:34 PM
Genesis76

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99GoHabsGo99 View Post
Is this a real question?
Well it is if you hate Subban, you most likely wont have both at 8-9 mils per year each.

Old
05-08-2014, 01:39 PM
Brainiac

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
There were a lot of rumours going around last time that PK refused an offer sheet from philly. I can't say I'm super confident in him doing it for a second time if negotiations go sour.
Say he signs a 7x8M offersheet ---> Bergevin has to match. If it's what it takes to get it done.

Not sure Subban himself would be doing that, as you said he didn't last time. But with his agent, you never know.

Anyways, I can't possibly imagine Molson letting a player like Subban go. If Bergevin can't get a deal done, he should be fired.

Brainiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 01:55 PM
MasterDecoy
Lo Pan's lovechild

Quote:
I simply don't buy it. Therrien has done nothing but trying to restrain Subban since coming to Montréal. How convenient is it for him to blame Subban when things aren't going so well, and to get the praise when Subban plays

Some players need to be coached through things. Subban isn't one of them. I put as much blame on Therrien - if not more - as Subban for PK's relatively average season, but I won't praise Therrien for the way Subban plays right now. This is the Subban we could have had a while ago if Therrien put his ego aside and let the kid have fun out there.
When things are not going well? Minus the series against Ottawa. Things have NEVER gone not well since therrien took over.

And two: letting the kid have fun is not how you win playoff series.

And subban definitely needs to be coached through things, every player - especially young ones...

He did well under Martin but has struggled under his next coach.
I don't think that's entirely in the coach. As southernhab likes to say, it's a team sport and he has to fit in, not the entire team fitting around him.

And besides, the entire team is plying great, he's playing great, I don't get why the guy in charge of everything can't get my praises here.

The internet requires no accountability

Old
05-08-2014, 02:07 PM
Habit11

Pretty laughable to hear some of the talking heads on various networks saying PK should have gotten a penalty or a penalty shot awarded at the end of game 3 the last few days. These same exact people argued against the Tbay tripping penalty that led to Max's series winning goal because, "you don't call a penalty that late in the game in the playoffs".

You'd think people in the media would be acutely aware of when they are directly contradicting themselves, especially when it is much harder to determine PK's intent on that play compared to blatantly tripping a guy causing a turnover.

Habit11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 02:14 PM
Lebowski
El Duderino

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
When things are not going well? Minus the series against Ottawa. Things have NEVER gone not well since therrien took over.
I'm not talking about the team in general. I'm strictly speaking of Subban and the way the organization (even all the way up to Bergevin) managed Subban since taking over.

Quote:
And two: letting the kid have fun is not how you win playoff series.
That's exactly what Subban is doing right now. He's playing HIS brand of hockey. Are you really telling me you don't see the difference from earlier this season, where he was constantly playing on his heels afraid of making a mistake, compared to now, or during his Norris season, for that matter? This right now is Subban having fun out there. And this is Therrien forgiving him for his mistakes and encouraging him to go back out there. During the season, he would have been benched after his penalty and nearly injuring Vanek. Not this time. For this reason, like I said, I give props to Therrien. But again, my issue with it is that Therrien waited so long to understand how a guy like Subban works.

He's not Pacioretty or Eller. He doesn't need someone constantly pushing him in the back for him to come prepared to a game. He's a born gamer. You don't guide these guys by constantly holding their hands and giving them a tap on the fingers every time they make an error. You tell him go back out there and redeem yourself and that's what he's going to give you.

Quote:
And subban definitely needs to be coached through things, every player - especially young ones...
You're taking my words to the letter here, but try to interpret what I'm saying a bit more. Obviously, every player needs to be coached, but some less than others. With Subban, you can bring small adjustments, but don't try to reform the way he plays the game. That's what Therrien tried to do with him. Trying to get him to play a more laid back style of play that clearly doesn't fit him. Subban said it himself. He's played the same way since he left for Belleville as a 16 years old and it always worked out fine for him. He even won a Norris playing that way. So why try to turn him into something he clearly isn't?

Quote:
He did well under Martin but has struggled under his next coach.
I don't think that's entirely in the coach. As southernhab likes to say, it's a team sport and he has to fit in, not the entire team fitting around him.
I think that has a LOT to do with the coach. Therrien's punitive methods simply weren't the way to go with a guy like Subban. Like I've said a hundred times already, and like Therrien said himself the day he was hired by the Habs, Subban is a thoroughbred. Why not use him the way a thoroughbred is meant to be used, then? He's clearly sending him a message when he sends Alex friggin' Emelin and Markov protect the lead instead of him.

Quote:
And besides, the entire team is plying great, he's playing great, I don't get why the guy in charge of everything can't get my praises here.
Again, I'm not commenting on the team as a whole, the topic of interest here is how Subban is being handled, and that's where I disagree the most with the current coaching staff. They have been giving him more leash in the playoffs to this point, and so far, judging by the way Subban has handled things, it only confirms my beliefs as well as the belief of many fellow Habs fans on this board.

Last edited by Lebowski: 05-08-2014 at 02:21 PM.
Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 02:19 PM
Rapala
Chasin'TheCup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habit11 View Post
Pretty laughable to hear some of the talking heads on various networks saying PK should have gotten a penalty or a penalty shot awarded at the end of game 3 the last few days. These same exact people argued against the Tbay tripping penalty that led to Max's series winning goal because, "you don't call a penalty that late in the game in the playoffs".

You'd think people in the media would be acutely aware of when they are directly contradicting themselves, especially when it is much harder to determine PK's intent on that play compared to blatantly tripping a guy causing a turnover.
Any call that can advantage a Hab and vice versa.
First they cry put the whistle away.
Then they cry why aren't they calling anything.

The hilarious thing is if you watch their coverage of other matchups they are very subjective

Rapala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 02:23 PM
Rapala
Chasin'TheCup

Quote:
I'm not talking about the team in general. I'm strictly speaking of Subban and the way the organization (even all the way up to Bergevin) managed Subban since

Again, I'm not commenting on the team as a whole, the topic of interest here is how Subban is being handled, and that's where I disagree the most with the current coaching staff. They have been giving him more leash in the playoffs to this point, and so far, judging by the way Subban has handled things, it only confirms my beliefs as well as the belief of many fellow Habs fans on this board.
He had to yell at JJ early against Tampa
Basically telling him I Got This Man...

Classic

Rapala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 02:24 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis76 View Post
Well it is if you hate Subban, you most likely wont have both at 8-9 mils per year each.
It's very possible to have PK, Vanek, Markov at 20-22M unless you are too lazy to move Bourque/Briere/Gionta.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 02:42 PM
PricePkPatch*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
It's very possible to have PK, Vanek, Markov at 20-22M unless you are too lazy to move Bourque/Briere/Gionta.
Bourque & Briere aren't moving

PricePkPatch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2014, 03:19 PM
Brainiac

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Bourque & Briere aren't moving
Well, if it's what it takes to have Subban/Markov/Vanek, yes they are. Either via a trade or buyout. GMs always make room when they have to.

Anyway, it's possible to sign them even without moving Bourque or Briere.

Brainiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2014, 11:03 AM
AmeriHab

Probably not the place, but PK has brought it to another level and matured. I'll say it again, he's got captain material and respected by several how he handled the tweets. Even on the bruins board they're praising him. IMO.... It's time

AmeriHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2014, 11:06 AM
overlords
youmyboyblou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapala View Post
He had to yell at JJ early against Tampa
Basically telling him I Got This Man...

Classic
Anybody have a video of this? I think I missed it when it happened.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2014, 11:49 AM
Gally11

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
It's funny makes you wonder how many players have turned down crazy offer sheets.. GMs want players to take less salary in a salary cap world, but then you get *******s like Holmgren that mess everything up for everyone

Gally11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2014, 01:04 PM
Genesis76

22:52 mins

instead of going up they're going down.

wtf