HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Lines for 2005/06

Closed Thread

Old
08-19-2005, 08:15 AM
AG9NK35DT8*

vCash: 500
Lines for 2005/06

Now I would assume Sather is done signing vets, he has signed a couple guys like Immonen and Prucha.Well he actually hasnt signed Immonen yet but im usre he will Im hoping atleast. So now with all these vets in the lineup and the core of young guys thats including Prucha and Immonen to makethe squad, where does this leave guys like Lundmark,Balej Giroux, Murray Ortmeyer, Moore etc. I could see something like this. I think what sather did was sign one vet to many , not expecting the 2 guys Prucha and Immonen to come over because of contrract problems. now it seems like no one fits in where they should.And I mean I would prefer to see Immonen get 2nd line time and Lundmark 1st line time, but with Prucha playing so well with Jagr b4 its almost a must to put them together as it might help out Pruchas confidence. i think these lines some what make sense cause besides the 4th line it gives a vet with all the kids.I also dont think that one year on the lower lines for the likes of Prucha or Immonen will hurt but for layers like Lundmark it will.

Overall i wanted to see Giroux get 3rd line time, as for Lundmark and Balej top 6 fowrds minutes,the same for Prucha and Immonen. I guess since most of these guy signed are only for 1 year or will be dealt by the deadline for picks and/or prospects its ok to have them get use to the NHL and even on the 3rd line for Immonen and maybe Prucha it could work out, then hopefully they show some good talent and get some time next year in a top 6 role. It would be wonderful if Prucha became a Hejduk/Tanguay, what a steal ,they are similar in size but that dont mean a thing , thats the only reason for me saying I hope he turns out like Hejduk/ or even Tanguay. Both Czechs and similar in size with Hejduk weighing like 10 more lbs.

Like I said Im not making a comparison as to what Prucha will be like more or les what I hope would happen NYR deserves to get a diamond in the rough and hopefully it could be Prucha, he does have the talent, I beleive.

Prucha/Lundmark-Nylander-Jagr
Rucinsky/Lundmark-Straka-Balej
Lundmark/Rosie-Immonen- Nieminen
Murray/Giroux/Betts/Ortmeyer/Sturdwick

Poti and Malik
Kaspar and Tyutin
Rullier/Lampman/Pock/Kondratiev/signed vet/Sturdwick

Weekes
Lundqvist.

Old
08-19-2005, 08:30 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Straka's gonna be with Jagr, Rucinsky probably will to but I am hoping they don't lock up that spot without giving a rookie a chance.

Lundmark-Straka-Jagr
Nieminen-Nylander-Balej
Rucinsky-Immonen-Prucha
Murray-Hollweg-Ortmeyer
Strudwick

Thats just me. I definately don't hand Balej and Lundmark top 2 line spots, as they gotta earn it. But really, if I'm the Rangers and have Jessiman and Dawes on tap with others coming in I put them-speaking of Balej and Lundy- on a top line and see if they sink or float ASAP. Find out to keep them or get rid of them. I'm missing Giroux, Moore, and Betts because of a lack of grit and toughness for the whole lineup. To compensate, you have Murray and Hollweg who hit and fight and Ortmeyer who hustles and hits. If Immonen proves worthy and shows his stuff, you trade Nylander for a prospect or pick, move Immonen to second C, and slide Moore or Betts into the lineup as 3rd line center. Jessiman and Dawes get looks when they prove worthy in HFD. When there are injuries they can get quick cups of coffee with the team.

Poti-Malik
Kaspar-Tyutin
Rullier-Kondratiev
Purinton

Because of our team looking like it will be pushed around, Rullier makes the team IMO over Lampman. Any other day the spot goes to Lampman, but we need Rullier. I especially don't want anything to do with Purinton too.

Weekes
Lundqvuist

Montoya needs the time right away in HFD.

Old
08-19-2005, 09:18 AM
Taz

Rucinsky - Straka - Jagr
Lundmark - Nylander - Balej
Giroux - Immonen - Niemeinen
Strudwick - Murray - Prucha

to start with, i believe they said Lundmark would get 2nd Line ice time, and Nylander would be 2nd line center for now so i guess he is wing,

Old
08-19-2005, 09:19 AM
Potted Plant

Send a message via AIM to Potted Plant
I think you're going to see something of a carousel, with different players getting looks at different times while others are in Hartford. As for Balej and Lundmark, it is incumbent on them to prove this year that they belong in the NHL. Otherwise, they are likely out the door with our other offensive prospects coming up behind them. I think Prucha and Immonen will likely start the season in Hartford, along with Jessiman. They should spend some time getting acclimated to the North American pro game.

My lines to start the season are thus:

Rosie/Straka/Jagr
Nylander/Lundmark/Balej
Giroux/Murray/Niemenen
Strudwick/Hollweg/Ortmeyer

The six dmen will be poti, Malik, Kaspar, Tyutin, Lampman, and Kondratiev. The goalies are as expected, but don't be surprised if Lundquist and Montoya are on a carousel.

Old
08-19-2005, 09:28 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlyRegardedRookie
I think you're going to see something of a carousel, with different players getting looks at different times while others are in Hartford. As for Balej and Lundmark, it is incumbent on them to prove this year that they belong in the NHL. Otherwise, they are likely out the door with our other offensive prospects coming up behind them. I think Prucha and Immonen will likely start the season in Hartford, along with Jessiman. They should spend some time getting acclimated to the North American pro game.

My lines to start the season are thus:

Rosie/Straka/Jagr
Nylander/Lundmark/Balej
Giroux/Murray/Niemenen
Strudwick/Hollweg/Ortmeyer
Both Immonen and Prucha in HFD could be good in a way as it gets Moore/Betts(taking out Strudwick, sliding Murray in his spot, and moving one of them in) in the lineup. But I don't believe Immonen will be in HFD. He's produced in FIN and is somewhat of a veteran. Aside from playing in NA, everyone knows what he has done. What I mean is he's more of a known than say Dawes.

Whats the deal with HFD and sending guys down there? What happens if Immonen and Prucha make the team and Moore/Betts/Giroux/Murray are left off the roster, do we lose them to waivers?

Old
08-19-2005, 10:12 AM
NYC Aim 4588

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej's Dance
Straka's gonna be with Jagr, Rucinsky probably will to but I am hoping they don't lock up that spot without giving a rookie a chance.

Nieminen-Nylander-Balej

Thats just me. I definately don't hand Balej and Lundmark top 2 line spots, as they gotta earn it. But really, if I'm the Rangers and have Jessiman and Dawes on tap with others coming in I put them-speaking of Balej and Lundy- on a top line and see if they sink or float ASAP. Find out to keep them or get rid of them. I'm missing Giroux, Moore, and Betts because of a lack of grit and toughness for the whole lineup. To compensate, you have Murray and Hollweg who hit and fight and Ortmeyer who hustles and hits. If Immonen proves worthy and shows his stuff, you trade Nylander for a prospect or pick, move Immonen to second C, and slide Moore or Betts into the lineup as 3rd line center. Jessiman and Dawes get looks when they prove worthy in HFD. When there are injuries they can get quick cups of coffee with the team.

Poti-Malik
Kaspar-Tyutin
Rullier-Kondratiev
Purinton

Because of our team looking like it will be pushed around, Rullier makes the team IMO over Lampman. Any other day the spot goes to Lampman, but we need Rullier. I especially don't want anything to do with Purinton too.

Weekes
Lundqvuist

Montoya needs the time right away in HFD.
I agree with basically everything you say, yes I would much rather see a young guy on the top line but realistically it wont happen with Sather here atleast, but Renney is the coach and is good with young kids, I also somewhat agree with Lund and Balej having to earn there spot especially with Prucha and Immonen ready to take them, but I do not feel that will happen and I do feel that NYR has good hopes for Balej and he will definilty get a spot same for Lundmark its make or break in a sense, unless J.L or J.B comes into camp a complete mess which I doubt. So I dont agree fully with them having to earn spots, but it will basically be given to them, to an extent.

I assume if Immonen does step up it can hopefully cause Sather to move a center and not nessesarily Nylander it could very well be Straka for the fact Straka is only this year and might be easier to move unless some one is willing to take Nylander and his salary for a total of this year and next. Either one could be moved just not sure which one. Plus I think it would be better to keep Nylander since he is more of a playmaker and could be great for setting up any of Lundmark, Prucha or Balej.

I do see Rullier getting a spot but why so much give Kondratiev a spot over Lampman as NYR had a spot for Lampman till he got injured. I think both Kondratiev and Lampman are both equally ready to be called up but which one will be more valuable to the club is the ?, I think Sather just wants to give the spot to Kondratiev but I also feel Lampman has just a good shot to be given it as well. So it should be a battle of who out plays who between them two and one will win its a close call.Very close IMO, you dont want to really back track anyone production wise so hopefully who ever makes it makes and who ever dont, it doesnt affect them.

I was also very high on Giroux getting a 3rd line spot this kid is very well deserving of it and could be a very solid addition to the big club, could be come somewhat a leader. Im high in general on Murray and Giroux and some what Hollweg, not so much Ortmeyer and Moore. Though i do think Ortmeyer will be a great PK'er. Well thank god most vets are on one year contracts and some will possibly be moved at the deadline for some picks and/or prospects, hopefully Jagr is one of the 2 or 3 moved.

Old
08-19-2005, 10:15 AM
AXN

These are my lines as of right now:

Rucinsky-----Straka-----Jagr
Giroux-------Nylander----Lundmark
Nieminen----Immonen----Balej
Murray------Moore------Ortmeyer

Betts insurance.
They can use Purinton on defense if they need a fighter.
This gives them a good fourth line. They going to need it.

Last edited by AXN: 08-19-2005 at 11:08 AM.
Old
08-19-2005, 10:18 AM
NYC Aim 4588

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AXN
These are my lines as of right now:

Rucinsky-----Straka-----Jagr
Giroux-------Naslund----Lundmark
Nieminen----Immonen---Balej
Murray------Moore------Ortmeyer

Betts insurance.
They can use Purinton on defense if they need a fighter.
This gives them a good fourth line. They going to need it.
Naslund, he has signed in Vancouver, Im sure. A little back tracked on things I would say. Anyway Naslund is a RW not a center.

Old
08-19-2005, 10:23 AM
AXN

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC Aim 4588
Naslund, he has signed in Vancouver, Im sure. A little back tracked on things I would say. Anyway Naslund is a RW not a center.
I forgot we only have Nylander. Thanks for reminding me.

Old
08-19-2005, 10:26 AM
NYC Aim 4588

vCash:

Old
08-19-2005, 11:22 AM
AXN

This is my second option for those who don't like Lundmark at right wing.

Rucinsky-----Straka------Jagr
Nieminen-----Nylander----Immonen
Giroux--------Lundmark----Balej
Murray-------Moore-------Ortmeyer

Old
08-19-2005, 12:23 PM
NYR fan 2

Send a message via AIM to NYR fan 2
Rucinsky- Straka- Jagr
Nieminen- Nylander- Balej
Lundmark- Immonen- Prucha
Ortmeyer- Murray- Ward

Kasparitis- Tyutin
Malik- Poti
Kondratiev-Lampman

Weekes/ Lundqvuist (splitting time kind of like richter and vanbiesbrouck back in the day)

Old
08-19-2005, 06:06 PM
Onion Boy

Not necessarily what I want, but what I expect:

Prucha-Straka-Jagr
Rucinsky-Nylander-Lundmark
Nieminen-Immonen-Balej
Ortmeyer-Hollweg-Ward

Poti-Malik
Kasparaitis-Tyutin
Rullier-Kondratiev

Lundqvist
Weekes

I expect Renney to try to catch lightening in a bottle with that top line, reuniting the trio that played well together at the WCs. I personally don't think Prucha's ready for top minutes, but I certainly expect that line to play alot in camp. Lundmark will finally get a chance to prove himself on the second line, whether he earns it in camp or not. I expect Lundmark to disappoint again and I wouldn't be suprised to see him gone by the deadline. Immonen will be given a shot to make the club and he'll probably be paired up with fellow Finn Niemo with Balej on the wing. I actually like that third line alot because it's very balanced with a banger, playmaker, and scorer. Hollweg will earn a spot on the fourth line in camp as will Ortmeyer. Jason Ward seems like a Slats project and I wouldn't be surprised to see him on a higher line.

You just wait to see Poti-Malik as the first pair. I guarantee it's gonna happen and it's gonna be hell to watch. Kaspar and Tyutin should make a nice 2nd pair. My understanding was that Rullier has a one-way contract so he should be on the big club as will Kondratiev. Purinton should be the extra if he doesn't disappear in the waiver draft.

I got a gut feeling that Lundqvist will beat out Weekes for the starting job in camp, though how he actually plays during the season is up in the air. I truly believe he's a darkhorse for the Calder, but the Rangers porous defense might make him look worse than he is.

Old
08-19-2005, 08:44 PM
CoolDude*

Rucinsky - Straka - Jagr
Prucha - Nylander - Balej
Nieminen - Immonen - Lundmark
Ortmeyer - Murray - Ward

Tjutin - Kaspar
Malik - Kondratiev
Poti - Lampman/Strudwick/Purinton/Rullier/Pock/Grenier

Old
08-20-2005, 08:13 PM
jcrangerno1

Just a thought but...

Here is how I see the lines early on

Rucinsky-Straka-Jagr
Lundmark-Nylander-Balej
Niemenen-Immonen/Moore-Prucha
Giroux-Ward/Betts-Ortmeyer

Poti-Rullier/Grenier
Tyutin-Kondratiev
Kasper-Malik

I believe they will give Prucha and Immonen a shot early on. Yes there will be competition among Moore/Murray/Hollweg and Betts - but I can see Immonen as the 3rd C and either Ward or Betts as the 4th. Way to early - but it is fun to speculate.

I also really think they will keep Tyutin and Kondratiev together. Finding the partner for Poti will be interesting; unless they decide to put Kasper with Poti.

Old
08-20-2005, 10:28 PM
Pinion

Why does everyone assume Nylander will no longer play with Jagr? I thought he did well last season...?

Old
08-20-2005, 11:26 PM
Rodent

Just relating what Tom Renney said at a recent town hall meeting with mini-plan subscribers:

"Jamie Lundmark is a center. That's where he is going to play."

I might be wrong. But I interpreted that to mean he will sink or swim at center. But there will be no more experiments with him at wing.

Old
08-21-2005, 01:31 AM
JCProdigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodent
Just relating what Tom Renney said at a recent town hall meeting with mini-plan subscribers:

I might be wrong. But I interpreted that to mean he will sink or swim at center. But there will be no more experiments with him at wing.
Bleh. Renney definitely knows more then me but I, along with others think that Lundy has shown his best skills at the off wing when playing in the NHL. He had a beauty of a one timer that he releases rather quick and he was succesful in getting open WITHOUT THE PUCK. I just don't see the overall attributes that is needed to be a top two center in the league.

Old
08-21-2005, 01:32 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCProdigy
Bleh. Renney definitely knows more then me but I, along with others think that Lundy has shown his best skills at the off wing when playing in the NHL. He had a beauty of a one timer that he releases rather quick and he was succesful in getting open WITHOUT THE PUCK. I just don't see the overall attributes that is needed to be a top two center in the league.
I dont see the overall attributes needed to be a top two anything at this point. He obviously has a lot to prove, regardless of what position he plays.

Old
08-21-2005, 02:03 AM
JCProdigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20
I dont see the overall attributes needed to be a top two anything at this point. He obviously has a lot to prove, regardless of what position he plays.

Not saying that I disagree just saying that you want to put him in a position that would maximize his chances at being successful and to me that would be playing him on the wing.

Old
08-21-2005, 02:32 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCProdigy
Not saying that I disagree just saying that you want to put him in a position that would maximize his chances at being successful and to me that would be playing him on the wing.
I think that was the Rangers thinking originally. I'm not sure what their thinking is now...

Old
08-21-2005, 08:17 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodent

So, if Immonen comes over and plays well, and Lundmark plays well enough to win a spot, what's the point of having both Nylander and Straka? Or does Straka move to LW, with Nylander settling between Straka and Jagr, Lundmark grabs the 2nd line center with Rucinsky and Balej, and Immonen plays between Niemenen and Prucha?? But what about Wiseman? Giroux ?? Moore??? I think the people who say the roster could be in a constant state of flux, with players being mixed and matched are probably correct.

Old
08-21-2005, 08:19 AM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

Wouldn't be surprised that if Immonen comes over, Straka will play LW, which he did very often in Pittsburgh or they even play Lundmark at centre.

I think they want a big year from Jagr...expect this

Straka- Nylander- Jagr

Old
08-21-2005, 09:51 AM
AXN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseenpunk
Wouldn't be surprised that if Immonen comes over, Straka will play LW, which he did very often in Pittsburgh or they even play Lundmark at centre.

I think they want a big year from Jagr...expect this

Straka- Nylander- Jagr
Straka is a center. Thats where he had his big years.
Not using Rucinsky Straka Jagr is plain dumb.

Old
08-21-2005, 11:06 AM
NYC Aim 4588

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrangerno1
Here is how I see the lines early on

Rucinsky-Straka-Jagr
Lundmark-Nylander-Balej
Niemenen-Immonen/Moore-Prucha
Giroux-Ward/Betts-Ortmeyer

Poti-Rullier/Grenier
Tyutin-Kondratiev
Kasper-Malik

I believe they will give Prucha and Immonen a shot early on. Yes there will be competition among Moore/Murray/Hollweg and Betts - but I can see Immonen as the 3rd C and either Ward or Betts as the 4th. Way to early - but it is fun to speculate.

I also really think they will keep Tyutin and Kondratiev together. Finding the partner for Poti will be interesting; unless they decide to put Kasper with Poti.

I see Poti with Malik since he is so bad defensively and Malik seems to be very well defensively, I also see a chance of Tyutin and Kondrats, but I also dont think Sather actually Renney would leave to rookies together all season. As for the rest of your lines are pretty good. I prefer to see Murray in the lineup instead of Moore, Betts or Ortmeyer. I dont want to see Ward either but thats Sather new project so you can expect to see him.

Closed Thread