HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

CSTV Hockey Opener

Closed Thread

Old
10-02-2003, 04:50 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
CSTV Hockey Opener

The NCAA 24 hr sports channel kicks off a new season tomorrow night. St. Lawrence vs Miami Ohio at 8 pm. I'll be watching and taping the game, as I will keep an eye on #44 Ryan Glenn from St. Lawrence.

Anyone else I should look out for?

Old
10-03-2003, 06:37 AM
canadahockeygirl*

Damn, that's a channel I wish I got.

I'll give you the biased report since I am a St. Lawrence alum and tend to follow ECAC/Hockey East more than any other conferences. I think if you haven't seen Glenn before, you will be impressed by him (watch him have a horrible game now that I've said something!). Overall he's a solid D-man with good eyes for open space and he makes play. He's big and uses his body to his advantage.

For SLU:
19- Rich Peverley, C. Gritty player, works well with the team. Put up good numbers last year on a team that didn't do much.

8- Jim Hakewill, D (Calgary). Solid player-- will get physical, quick skater. He is a little small (at least what I remember of him) but effective.

12- John Zeiler, F (Phoenix). A very promising young player. I think he's only a Sophomore this year, but he put up good numbers last season and the Saints will look to him to be their goal scorer.

I'm not sure who they'll go for with goalies, but I'd expect either McKenna (Nashville) or Ackley (assuming he was able to fully rehab from his injury last year). I'd be surprised if Hall gets it, but it might be something they give him since it's not too deep in the season

I also wonder how many of the freshman will see ice time.

Old
10-03-2003, 03:26 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Thanks for the info. I started taping the game, looks good so far.

Old
10-03-2003, 06:58 PM
cagney
cdojdmccjajgejncjaba

I was very impressed with CSTV's coverage. I'll be looking forward to watching it each week.

Old
10-03-2003, 07:09 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagney
I was very impressed with CSTV's coverage. I'll be looking forward to watching it each week.

Yes I would say the same. The one announcer actually sounded like he knew hockey. The game was ok, but alittle sloppy. Too many calls on both sides. 3rd goal was kindy ify cause it looked like a penatly but I was rooting for St Lawrence so I can't complain.

St. Lawrence's goalie played well, so did Bob Hartly's kid #33, both goalies made some good saves.

Old
10-08-2003, 08:40 PM
Belanger25
ZUES!

Camera Man was awful

Closed Thread