HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2014 Draft Thread Part Five

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-09-2014, 05:42 PM
  #76
McTankel
HFBoards Sponsor
 
McTankel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Hamburg, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,019
vCash: 500
A few of those I've seen though. Reinhart, Bennett, Mackinnon, Lindholm, Monahan, Horvat, Galchenyuk, Scheifele, Seguin. I swear there were a few others, but it seems like lots of people like comparing prospects to JT.

McTankel is offline  
Old
04-09-2014, 05:50 PM
  #77
1972
Registered User
 
1972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,013
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank For Reinhart View Post
A few of those I've seen though. Reinhart, Bennett, Mackinnon, Lindholm, Monahan, Horvat, Galchenyuk, Scheifele, Seguin. I swear there were a few others, but it seems like lots of people like comparing prospects to JT.
I've never seen a single scout compare 3/4 of those players to Toews, sure the odd fan might but that's always going to happen.

--------------------------------------

I love reading through the Leafs thread, they are all talking about what it would take to get Bennett, Reinhart or Ekblad and how awesome it would be to get one of them. It's nice to finally be in position to get one of the top guys. Usually we miss out on the top guys, this year we are going to be passing on the top players.

1972 is offline  
Old
04-09-2014, 05:51 PM
  #78
McTankel
HFBoards Sponsor
 
McTankel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Hamburg, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,019
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1972 View Post
I've never seen a single scout compare 3/4 of those players to Toews, sure the odd fan might but that's always going to happen.

--------------------------------------

I love reading through the Leafs thread, they are all talking about what it would take to get Bennett, Reinhart or Ekblad and how awesome it would be to get one of them. It's nice to finally be in position to get one of the top guys. Usually we miss out on the top guys, this year we are going to be passing on the top players.
Yeah I was talking about fans, not scouts. Forgot to clarify that.

McTankel is offline  
Old
04-09-2014, 06:52 PM
  #79
ottsabrefan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: kanata, ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1972 View Post
I love reading through the Leafs thread, they are all talking about what it would take to get Bennett, Reinhart or Ekblad and how awesome it would be to get one of them. It's nice to finally be in position to get one of the top guys. Usually we miss out on the top guys, this year we are going to be passing on the top players.
Completely agree. I stole this from Scott99 on the Islanders board who said:

'Hell, if you didn't know hockey and about the McDavid hype, and watched highlights of Sam Bennett and McDavid, you really don't see much difference. Bennett has sick skills with great hockey sense, as does McDavid. Hell, McDavid has a lot more help on Erie than Bennett had on Kingston, and their stats weren't that much different (Bennett is 6 months older). Not saying Bennett will be better, I just don't think there is that much difference between the 2 as people are saying (talent wise).'

It's hard not to get excited when reading these thoughts knowing we should be either picking up Bennett or Reinhart.

ottsabrefan is offline  
Old
04-09-2014, 07:03 PM
  #80
cybresabre
Crabby Seer
 
cybreSabre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: wNY
Posts: 7,228
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to cybresabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjci View Post
Mock Drafts 2013 Result (Even = 3pts; +/- 1 = 2pts; +/- 2 = 1pts)

1. Bob McKenzie (TSN) : 28 pts
0. cybresabre (hf) : 31 pts

$ubscribe to my new$letter!

cybresabre is offline  
Old
04-09-2014, 07:42 PM
  #81
B U F F A L O
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybresabre View Post
0. cybresabre (hf) : 31 pts

$ubscribe to my new$letter!


B U F F A L O is offline  
Old
04-09-2014, 09:54 PM
  #82
McTankel
HFBoards Sponsor
 
McTankel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Hamburg, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,019
vCash: 500
Medicine hat is matching up the best defensive forwards+ top 2 dman against Reinhart at every opportunity in this series. This has led to a lower scoring series compared to the first as well as the Reinhart line getting shut down. They are also 0-10 on the powerplay this series.

McTankel is offline  
Old
04-09-2014, 10:36 PM
  #83
1972
Registered User
 
1972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,013
vCash: 500
Todd Gill on Sam Bennett

www2.tsn.ca/window/podcastcentre/#podcastid=30532&id=13

1972 is offline  
Old
04-09-2014, 11:08 PM
  #84
McTankel
HFBoards Sponsor
 
McTankel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Hamburg, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,019
vCash: 500
As soon as I said that Reinhart gets 2 assists tonight and the Ice win 3-1. 19 points in 9 games. They lead the series 2-1.

McTankel is offline  
Old
04-10-2014, 06:40 AM
  #85
TakeThatTootoo
Gare's "Partner"
 
TakeThatTootoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank For Reinhart View Post
As soon as I said that Reinhart gets 2 assists tonight and the Ice win 3-1. 19 points in 9 games. They lead the series 2-1.
What a dope. Clearly lacking.

TakeThatTootoo is offline  
Old
04-10-2014, 07:27 AM
  #86
BananaSquad
Registered User
 
BananaSquad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Niagara
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,212
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank For Reinhart View Post
As soon as I said that Reinhart gets 2 assists tonight and the Ice win 3-1. 19 points in 9 games. They lead the series 2-1.
That would be amazing if they made it to the Mem Cup.

BananaSquad is offline  
Old
04-10-2014, 09:32 AM
  #87
26CornerBlitz
1970
 
26CornerBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 3,991
vCash: 500
Prospector Files: Like father, like son for Reinharts
Quote:
Former NHL defenseman Paul Reinhart has a pretty good idea what it takes to reach the next level.

He spent 11 seasons in the League with the Calgary Flames and Vancouver Canucks and is the father of three successful hockey-playing sons: Max, Griffin and Sam.

Max was a third-round pick (No. 64) of the Flames in 2010 and Griffin was selected No. 4 by the New York Islanders in 2012. Sam's turn will come at the 2014 NHL Draft at Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia.

26CornerBlitz is offline  
Old
04-10-2014, 09:36 AM
  #88
Sabretooth
Registered User
 
Sabretooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 714
vCash: 50
5 days to the lottery! Most exciting day to be a sabres fan this year since the trade deadline. If the season ended today, with NJD in 19th place, we would have a 25.278% chance of winning the lottery. NJD could lose out and slip to as low as 23rd, giving us a 23.934% chance of winning the lottery so... gotta squeak out every last fraction of a percent we can! Let's go Toronto, Nashville, Ottawa, and Vancouver!

Sabretooth is offline  
Old
04-10-2014, 09:53 AM
  #89
McTankel
HFBoards Sponsor
 
McTankel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Hamburg, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,019
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BananaSquad View Post
That would be amazing if they made it to the Mem Cup.
Would have to beat the Edmonton Oil Kings if they win this round, doubt that happens. That team is to good.

McTankel is offline  
Old
04-10-2014, 10:42 AM
  #90
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔
 
Rob Paxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: corfu, ny
Country: United States
Posts: 17,151
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank For Reinhart View Post
Would have to beat the Edmonton Oil Kings if they win this round, doubt that happens. That team is to good.
Probably, but the team has shown it can punch above its weight class.

Rob Paxon is offline  
Old
04-10-2014, 01:28 PM
  #91
labbatt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 65
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank For Reinhart View Post
Would have to beat the Edmonton Oil Kings if they win this round, doubt that happens. That team is to good.
They'll have to beat Portland Winterhawks I think they are the team to beat in the west.

labbatt is offline  
Old
04-10-2014, 01:34 PM
  #92
Huffman
Registered User
 
Huffman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottsabrefan View Post
Completely agree. I stole this from Scott99 on the Islanders board who said:

'Hell, if you didn't know hockey and about the McDavid hype, and watched highlights of Sam Bennett and McDavid, you really don't see much difference. Bennett has sick skills with great hockey sense, as does McDavid. Hell, McDavid has a lot more help on Erie than Bennett had on Kingston, and their stats weren't that much different (Bennett is 6 months older). Not saying Bennett will be better, I just don't think there is that much difference between the 2 as people are saying (talent wise).'

It's hard not to get excited when reading these thoughts knowing we should be either picking up Bennett or Reinhart.
McDavid is waaaaay better than any player in this draft. Put them on the same team and Mcdavid will outplay everyone badly. Just look at the U18 WC tournament last season where Reinhart & Mcdavid played on the same line, it was not close.

Huffman is offline  
Old
04-10-2014, 01:37 PM
  #93
1972
Registered User
 
1972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,013
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffman View Post
McDavid is waaaaay better than any player in this draft. Put them on the same team and Mcdavid will outplay everyone badly. Just look at the U18 WC tournament last season where Reinhart & Mcdavid played on the same line, it was not close.
We of course he isn't but I don't think that's his point. His point was that we are still getting a potential all star caliber player.

1972 is offline  
Old
04-10-2014, 01:54 PM
  #94
Superhero
Registered User
 
Superhero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Amherst(Buffalo), NY
Posts: 303
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottsabrefan View Post
Completely agree. I stole this from Scott99 on the Islanders board who said:

'Hell, if you didn't know hockey and about the McDavid hype, and watched highlights of Sam Bennett and McDavid, you really don't see much difference. Bennett has sick skills with great hockey sense, as does McDavid. Hell, McDavid has a lot more help on Erie than Bennett had on Kingston, and their stats weren't that much different (Bennett is 6 months older). Not saying Bennett will be better, I just don't think there is that much difference between the 2 as people are saying (talent wise).'

It's hard not to get excited when reading these thoughts knowing we should be either picking up Bennett or Reinhart.
So Bennett is 6 months older than McDavid & 6 months younger than Rienhart?

Superhero is offline  
Old
04-10-2014, 01:57 PM
  #95
haseoke39
**** Cycle 4 Eichel
 
haseoke39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 6,012
vCash: 500
I feel like this is a real Betty v. Veronica situation.

They're both so beautiful.

haseoke39 is online now  
Old
04-10-2014, 02:01 PM
  #96
haseoke39
**** Cycle 4 Eichel
 
haseoke39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 6,012
vCash: 500
If only Jughead defers on Big Ethel, and then I could trade in Big Ethel and Cheryl in for Veronica and then marry them both, I could be a happy man.

haseoke39 is online now  
Old
04-10-2014, 02:56 PM
  #97
Djp
Registered User
 
Djp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Seattle,WA
Posts: 5,881
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjci View Post
Mock Drafts 2013 Result (Even = 3pts; +/- 1 = 2pts; +/- 2 = 1pts)

1. Bob McKenzie (TSN) : 28 pts
2. Hockey Center Ice : 24 pts
3. The Hockey Writers : 23 pts
4. International Scouting Services : 18 pts
4. Craig Button (TSN) : 18 pts
4. The Hockey News : 18 pts
4. Future Considerations : 18 pts
5. McKeen's : 17 pts

http://www.hockeycenterice.com/mockdraft/2014
So the leader board is preety downright poor then right???

If I am reading the scoring correctly---3 pts for exact sport, 2 pts for missing by 1 spot, and 1 spot for missing by 2 spots.

Last years top 10 was pretty much a concessous who would get picked--the issue was where exactly. ...if you were off by 1 on a few, right on a few, and off by 2 on a few then this would mean something around 20 pts at least---and that is just in the top 10.

Djp is offline  
Old
04-10-2014, 03:14 PM
  #98
boredmale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 23,205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
So the leader board is preety downright poor then right???

If I am reading the scoring correctly---3 pts for exact sport, 2 pts for missing by 1 spot, and 1 spot for missing by 2 spots.

Last years top 10 was pretty much a concessous who would get picked--the issue was where exactly. ...if you were off by 1 on a few, right on a few, and off by 2 on a few then this would mean something around 20 pts at least---and that is just in the top 10.
Probably the easiest way to rate it would how much are they off with every pick, add it all up and whoever has the lowest score wins(all that being said you might want to put a limit of how much you count if a guy drops(ie if somebody rated 30 gets picked say 90th, maybe instead of 60 just limit it to like 10 or 25)

boredmale is offline  
Old
04-10-2014, 03:26 PM
  #99
sjci
Registered User
 
sjci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 1,542
vCash: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by haseoke39 View Post
I feel like this is a real Betty v. Veronica situation.

They're both so beautiful.
Cheryl Blossom

sjci is offline  
Old
04-10-2014, 05:14 PM
  #100
ZeroPT
Beast
 
ZeroPT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,344
vCash: 500
I've only seen him play twice but Kempe is one of my favorite prospects in this draft.

He reminds me so much of Girgensons it's not even funny. His potential is of a good middle six scorer who plays a super physical game and is solid defensively but he's also really likely to be an NHLer at any rate.

He reminds me of De La Rose from last year. If we could nab him with our 2nd or Stl's pick I'd be elated.

ZeroPT is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:34 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.