HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2014 Draft Thread Part Five

Closed Thread

Old
04-09-2014, 05:42 PM
McTankel
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
A few of those I've seen though. Reinhart, Bennett, Mackinnon, Lindholm, Monahan, Horvat, Galchenyuk, Scheifele, Seguin. I swear there were a few others, but it seems like lots of people like comparing prospects to JT.

Old
04-09-2014, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank For Reinhart View Post
A few of those I've seen though. Reinhart, Bennett, Mackinnon, Lindholm, Monahan, Horvat, Galchenyuk, Scheifele, Seguin. I swear there were a few others, but it seems like lots of people like comparing prospects to JT.
I've never seen a single scout compare 3/4 of those players to Toews, sure the odd fan might but that's always going to happen.

--------------------------------------

I love reading through the Leafs thread, they are all talking about what it would take to get Bennett, Reinhart or Ekblad and how awesome it would be to get one of them. It's nice to finally be in position to get one of the top guys. Usually we miss out on the top guys, this year we are going to be passing on the top players.

Old
04-09-2014, 05:51 PM
McTankel
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1972 View Post
I've never seen a single scout compare 3/4 of those players to Toews, sure the odd fan might but that's always going to happen.

--------------------------------------

I love reading through the Leafs thread, they are all talking about what it would take to get Bennett, Reinhart or Ekblad and how awesome it would be to get one of them. It's nice to finally be in position to get one of the top guys. Usually we miss out on the top guys, this year we are going to be passing on the top players.
Yeah I was talking about fans, not scouts. Forgot to clarify that.

Old
04-09-2014, 06:52 PM
ottsabrefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1972 View Post
Completely agree. I stole this from Scott99 on the Islanders board who said:

'Hell, if you didn't know hockey and about the McDavid hype, and watched highlights of Sam Bennett and McDavid, you really don't see much difference. Bennett has sick skills with great hockey sense, as does McDavid. Hell, McDavid has a lot more help on Erie than Bennett had on Kingston, and their stats weren't that much different (Bennett is 6 months older). Not saying Bennett will be better, I just don't think there is that much difference between the 2 as people are saying (talent wise).'

It's hard not to get excited when reading these thoughts knowing we should be either picking up Bennett or Reinhart.

Old
04-09-2014, 07:03 PM
cybresabre
Crabby Seer

Send a message via ICQ to cybresabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjci View Post
Mock Drafts 2013 Result (Even = 3pts; +/- 1 = 2pts; +/- 2 = 1pts)

1. Bob McKenzie (TSN) : 28 pts
0. cybresabre (hf) : 31 pts

$ubscribe to my new$letter!

Old
04-09-2014, 07:42 PM
B U F F A L O

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybresabre View Post
0. cybresabre (hf) : 31 pts

$ubscribe to my new$letter!

Old
04-09-2014, 09:54 PM
McTankel
HFBoards Sponsor

Medicine hat is matching up the best defensive forwards+ top 2 dman against Reinhart at every opportunity in this series. This has led to a lower scoring series compared to the first as well as the Reinhart line getting shut down. They are also 0-10 on the powerplay this series.

Old
04-09-2014, 10:36 PM

Todd Gill on Sam Bennett

www2.tsn.ca/window/podcastcentre/#podcastid=30532&id=13

Old
04-09-2014, 11:08 PM
McTankel
HFBoards Sponsor

As soon as I said that Reinhart gets 2 assists tonight and the Ice win 3-1. 19 points in 9 games. They lead the series 2-1.

Old
04-10-2014, 06:40 AM
TakeThatTootoo
Gare's "Partner"

Quote:
As soon as I said that Reinhart gets 2 assists tonight and the Ice win 3-1. 19 points in 9 games. They lead the series 2-1.
What a dope. Clearly lacking.

Old
04-10-2014, 07:27 AM
BananaSquad

Quote:
That would be amazing if they made it to the Mem Cup.

Old
04-10-2014, 09:32 AM
26CornerBlitz

Prospector Files: Like father, like son for Reinharts
Quote:
Former NHL defenseman Paul Reinhart has a pretty good idea what it takes to reach the next level.

He spent 11 seasons in the League with the Calgary Flames and Vancouver Canucks and is the father of three successful hockey-playing sons: Max, Griffin and Sam.

Max was a third-round pick (No. 64) of the Flames in 2010 and Griffin was selected No. 4 by the New York Islanders in 2012. Sam's turn will come at the 2014 NHL Draft at Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia.

Old
04-10-2014, 09:36 AM
Sabretooth

vCash: 50
5 days to the lottery! Most exciting day to be a sabres fan this year since the trade deadline. If the season ended today, with NJD in 19th place, we would have a 25.278% chance of winning the lottery. NJD could lose out and slip to as low as 23rd, giving us a 23.934% chance of winning the lottery so... gotta squeak out every last fraction of a percent we can! Let's go Toronto, Nashville, Ottawa, and Vancouver!

Old
04-10-2014, 09:53 AM
McTankel
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BananaSquad View Post
That would be amazing if they made it to the Mem Cup.
Would have to beat the Edmonton Oil Kings if they win this round, doubt that happens. That team is to good.

Old
04-10-2014, 10:42 AM
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Quote:
Would have to beat the Edmonton Oil Kings if they win this round, doubt that happens. That team is to good.
Probably, but the team has shown it can punch above its weight class.

Old
04-10-2014, 01:28 PM
labbatt

Quote:
They'll have to beat Portland Winterhawks I think they are the team to beat in the west.

Old
04-10-2014, 01:34 PM
Huffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottsabrefan View Post

'Hell, if you didn't know hockey and about the McDavid hype, and watched highlights of Sam Bennett and McDavid, you really don't see much difference. Bennett has sick skills with great hockey sense, as does McDavid. Hell, McDavid has a lot more help on Erie than Bennett had on Kingston, and their stats weren't that much different (Bennett is 6 months older). Not saying Bennett will be better, I just don't think there is that much difference between the 2 as people are saying (talent wise).'

It's hard not to get excited when reading these thoughts knowing we should be either picking up Bennett or Reinhart.
McDavid is waaaaay better than any player in this draft. Put them on the same team and Mcdavid will outplay everyone badly. Just look at the U18 WC tournament last season where Reinhart & Mcdavid played on the same line, it was not close.

Old
04-10-2014, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffman View Post
McDavid is waaaaay better than any player in this draft. Put them on the same team and Mcdavid will outplay everyone badly. Just look at the U18 WC tournament last season where Reinhart & Mcdavid played on the same line, it was not close.
We of course he isn't but I don't think that's his point. His point was that we are still getting a potential all star caliber player.

Old
04-10-2014, 01:54 PM
Superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottsabrefan View Post

So Bennett is 6 months older than McDavid & 6 months younger than Rienhart?

Old
04-10-2014, 01:57 PM
haseoke39
**** Cycle 4 Eichel

I feel like this is a real Betty v. Veronica situation.

They're both so beautiful.

Old
04-10-2014, 02:01 PM
haseoke39
**** Cycle 4 Eichel

If only Jughead defers on Big Ethel, and then I could trade in Big Ethel and Cheryl in for Veronica and then marry them both, I could be a happy man.

Old
04-10-2014, 02:56 PM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjci View Post
Mock Drafts 2013 Result (Even = 3pts; +/- 1 = 2pts; +/- 2 = 1pts)

1. Bob McKenzie (TSN) : 28 pts
2. Hockey Center Ice : 24 pts
3. The Hockey Writers : 23 pts
4. International Scouting Services : 18 pts
4. Craig Button (TSN) : 18 pts
4. The Hockey News : 18 pts
4. Future Considerations : 18 pts
5. McKeen's : 17 pts

http://www.hockeycenterice.com/mockdraft/2014
So the leader board is preety downright poor then right???

If I am reading the scoring correctly---3 pts for exact sport, 2 pts for missing by 1 spot, and 1 spot for missing by 2 spots.

Last years top 10 was pretty much a concessous who would get picked--the issue was where exactly. ...if you were off by 1 on a few, right on a few, and off by 2 on a few then this would mean something around 20 pts at least---and that is just in the top 10.

Old
04-10-2014, 03:14 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
So the leader board is preety downright poor then right???

If I am reading the scoring correctly---3 pts for exact sport, 2 pts for missing by 1 spot, and 1 spot for missing by 2 spots.

Last years top 10 was pretty much a concessous who would get picked--the issue was where exactly. ...if you were off by 1 on a few, right on a few, and off by 2 on a few then this would mean something around 20 pts at least---and that is just in the top 10.
Probably the easiest way to rate it would how much are they off with every pick, add it all up and whoever has the lowest score wins(all that being said you might want to put a limit of how much you count if a guy drops(ie if somebody rated 30 gets picked say 90th, maybe instead of 60 just limit it to like 10 or 25)

Old
04-10-2014, 03:26 PM
sjci

vCash: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by haseoke39 View Post
I feel like this is a real Betty v. Veronica situation.

They're both so beautiful.
Cheryl Blossom

Old
04-10-2014, 05:14 PM
ZeroPT
Beast

I've only seen him play twice but Kempe is one of my favorite prospects in this draft.

He reminds me so much of Girgensons it's not even funny. His potential is of a good middle six scorer who plays a super physical game and is solid defensively but he's also really likely to be an NHLer at any rate.

He reminds me of De La Rose from last year. If we could nab him with our 2nd or Stl's pick I'd be elated.

Closed Thread