HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is Martin Havlat what montreal needs:

Closed Thread

Old
10-02-2003, 06:02 PM
oli500

vCash: 500
Is Martin Havlat what montreal needs:

For the past few months havlat and the ottawa senators have tried to come to an agreement but nothing as come true yet. And today havlat is even ready to sit out a hole year. Next year if there is no hockey havlat would go a very long time before playing another nhl game. He could be out for 2 years. (rerember he his only 22) it could hurt is developpement. From what ive heard is that havlat was currently playing hockey in concordia university. And he also has an apartment in montreal because he dosent want to go back to his native country. It seems that he likes the city. This kid is big at 6-1(something that gainey is looking for), has great speed and a great offensive minded player. Im not going to put up a trade proposal because I know the sens wont part with him or their going to ask for to much but boy he would look good in a bleu-blanc-rouge, sweather. Rerember last year we allways complaint that we could never find the player that would complament koivu and zednik. I think he would be the missing peice of the puzzle for the habs. If I were gainey I would call the sens and ask what there interested for.

Old
10-02-2003, 06:13 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

well, he's not what we need... But of course he would be great to watch with Saku, the duo would be spectacular as hell. In term of effectiveness as a team, he's prolly not what Gainey is looking for. Also, the sens won't deal him or will ask ridiculously too much for a offense-first player (who's not physical nor good defensively).

Old
10-02-2003, 06:30 PM
Habsaku

Havlat is a special talent who can use his size sometimes and can be very dominant. I can easily see him get 40 goals and 90 points in the next few years. Hes a phenomenal player to watch and I would easily give up our prospects for him because he's practically prospect age!

Old
10-02-2003, 06:39 PM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
The habs dont have what it takes to get a Martin Havlat. The habs are rebuilding while the Sens are a contender.....the habs dont have the pieces that the Sens would want to make their team better NOW to take a run for the cup.

Old
10-02-2003, 07:03 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
You never know. I am not saying that we should or will probably happend. We do have Hossa younger brother, and I have heard they are spectacular together. I think we would have to give up more then that, but we wouldn't lose a step in gaining Havlat and loosing Hossa, but again depeding what the other player or players are. We sure do have plenty of kids, a lot will never get the opportunity with the habs, why not take a chance and deal them, while they have that high "potential" then when taht potential falls?

Old
10-02-2003, 07:09 PM
theo6060

No offence but there's no way that the Sens would trade Havlat to the Habs. If they did, we would have to overpay dearly. Problem is, we have very few pieces that we can afford to overpay with. Havlat is an emerging star and even has the potential to one day lead the league in points (maybe I'm dreaming, but he could be close). Anyways, the Sens would never trade a player like that to a division rival, especially since he's as good as he is at the age he is.

Old
10-02-2003, 08:07 PM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Quote:
Originally Posted by theo6060
No offence but there's no way that the Sens would trade Havlat to the Habs. If they did, we would have to overpay dearly. Problem is, we have very few pieces that we can afford to overpay with. Havlat is an emerging star and even has the potential to one day lead the league in points (maybe I'm dreaming, but he could be close). Anyways, the Sens would never trade a player like that to a division rival, especially since he's as good as he is at the age he is.
Yep...exactly what I was thinking. No way we see Havlat in Montreal. He's good, and He'll still be pretty cheap when he's signed.

Old
10-02-2003, 08:17 PM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

I don`t really understand the whole "is havlat what montreal needs" for what...to make the playoffs??? eitherway as good as Havlat would look with the habs I don`t think we have the players that could land him here in Montreal. As others have said Ottawa is a cup contender and were trading prospects and picks (gleason etc etc) for guys that could contribute for a playoff run. The sens probably wouldn`t be willing to deal for a package of prospects, and giving up guys like Zednik, Markov, etc would probably hurt us more in the long run. I can`t see us getting Havlat

Old
10-03-2003, 04:48 AM
Habs4ever

I wouldn't trade for Havlat!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli500
For the past few months havlat and the ottawa senators have tried to come to an agreement but nothing as come true yet. And today havlat is even ready to sit out a hole year. Next year if there is no hockey havlat would go a very long time before playing another nhl game. He could be out for 2 years. (rerember he his only 22) it could hurt is developpement. From what ive heard is that havlat was currently playing hockey in concordia university. And he also has an apartment in montreal because he dosent want to go back to his native country. It seems that he likes the city. This kid is big at 6-1(something that gainey is looking for), has great speed and a great offensive minded player. Im not going to put up a trade proposal because I know the sens wont part with him or their going to ask for to much but boy he would look good in a bleu-blanc-rouge, sweather. Rerember last year we allways complaint that we could never find the player that would complament koivu and zednik. I think he would be the missing peice of the puzzle for the habs. If I were gainey I would call the sens and ask what there interested for.

And we don't need him, as we've already got similar talent in Kostitsyn and if we were to get Havlat we would atleast have to give up our top ten pick in draft pick along with hossa, and descent player and that doesn't address our need, we need size upfront more like pyatt as a power forward, we've already got plenty of talented soft forwards prospects in Plekanec, Kostitsyn, Perzhogin, Locke, and graduated Ribeiro as well, if anything we need to avoid smallish fprwards from this point on, its our biggest weakness lets not dig hole for yet another softish getting thrown around without protection.

Old
10-03-2003, 05:16 AM
mcphee

Yeah we need Havlat. We also need Thornton and Lidstrom though.

Old
10-03-2003, 05:27 AM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by theo6060
Couldn't say it better myself!

Old
10-03-2003, 07:38 AM
Volchenkov

The canadiens would be better off trading for mike fisher, as he fulfills their "needs" much more effectively.

Old
10-03-2003, 07:53 PM
Kerberos

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOMO_ROCKS
The habs dont have what it takes to get a Martin Havlat
What about Dykhuis and Traverse.

Old
10-03-2003, 07:54 PM
Kerberos

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by strummerman
I still say we should ask for ID and fingerprints when a Senator fan enters our forum :mad:
, so what crawled up your ass and died today?

Old
10-04-2003, 04:50 AM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerberos
What about Dykhuis and Traverse.
Thats confirms my thoughts on your hockey knowledge! kidding

I'd say Havlat won't be traded to the Habs for many reasons. First, if the Sens are willing to deal him, they probably are searching for guys that like make their team even better than Havlat did. While we do have guys that have decent value in the league, Gainey clearly he wasn't going to try dealing guys in our player core. Most of them have had career-high season and are expected to continue improving.

On the other hand, if Bob excludes guys like Koivu, Markov and Zednik, etc of a possible deal, there's not much left on the Habs roster that has value around the league, except, perhaps our prospects. Plus, as previous posters said, I can't see Ottawa send one guy that will be an offensive threat in the future to a team that's in the same division. Better luck next time, and keep dreaming on.

Old
10-04-2003, 07:56 AM
Corey

I really dislike this type of "suppose" thread. Asking the Senators for Havlat would be like asking someone if he would divorce his wife so you could marry her. It makes me think how annoyed we would be if posters on other boards started discussing the Habs in terms of which players they could pry away because it might suit their team's needs.

Old
10-04-2003, 04:46 PM
theo6060

Quote:
Originally Posted by strummerman
I still say we should ask for ID and fingerprints when a Senator fan enters our forum :mad:
Hehe. Well, he's got a point. Fisher would be a huge addition to the Habs and would cost less than Havlat. I wouldn't mind seeing Mike in a Habs uni!

Old
10-04-2003, 06:36 PM
Histrion

Send a message via MSN to Histrion
Havlat is definitly the kind of the player we could use, he's a darn good fight-winger and we don't have much depht there (nor do we have any depht of quality player at left wing... or at center...).

However, I can't see the Senators dealing us such a promising forward for anything less than a massive overpayment.

Closed Thread