HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Yakupov to Pittsburgh

Old
04-10-2014, 08:15 PM
aqsw
PM

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by supert View Post
NO from the Oilers , Keep your struggling goalie , we have our 2 goalies signed for next year .
Wow! Too funny!

aqsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2014, 08:18 PM
Natepollock92

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diatomic View Post
Yeah I doubt it... Oilers fans are notorious for overrating trash like their current goaltending and defensive core.
MMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDD

As for the OP we don't need a goalie and no pens fan wants to move Maatta so it just wont work. Yak to pens I've been saying since his horrible season started this would be the best place for him to go, playing with a Russian superstar(Geno) that has bought into the system and knows what it takes to win, it would help his maturity a lot.

Natepollock92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2014, 08:36 PM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

vCash: 50
Easy no. I wouldn't do Yakupov alone for that

5RingsAndABeer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2014, 08:55 PM
chunkylover53

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassbangers View Post
Everybody who took my message serious should be ashamed. I think it was obvious that I was joking.
Seems like a trend now

chunkylover53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2014, 08:55 PM
A91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dying Alive View Post
Just as there is no need for the Pens to trade their starting goalie for another D prospect they don't need. It goes both ways. And that doesn't change the fact that you can't just ignore a player in a proposal who you don't need as if he counts for nothing when you'd be getting him anyway.

So simplify it. Yakupov for Maatta. The Pens still say no.
Fair enough reasoning.
If it's Yakupov for Mattaa the Oilers say no as well.

A91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2014, 09:08 PM
penguins2946*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post
Easy no. I wouldn't do Yakupov alone for that
I wouldn't trade Maatta alone for Klebom and Yakupov, so we agree that the OP is bad.

Edmonton fans want a return based on what he could become, and other teams fans want to offer based on what he has done so far. His actual value is somewhere in the middle. Just as you can't ignore that he was a highly touted 1st overall pick, his horrendous play this year can't be ignored when rating his value. Edmonton would be best to hope he rebounds, because he won't bring back what you want right now.

The most I'd offer for Yakupov is Sutter and Despres, and I feel like that's an overpayment. Our top-6 would be set with:

Kunitz-Crosby-Yakupov
Bennett-Malkin-Neal

penguins2946* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2014, 09:14 PM
DaftCaptain

YAK Trade =

DaftCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2014, 11:49 PM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natepollock92 View Post
MMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDD

As for the OP we don't need a goalie and no pens fan wants to move Maatta so it just wont work. Yak to pens I've been saying since his horrible season started this would be the best place for him to go, playing with a Russian superstar(Geno) that has bought into the system and knows what it takes to win, it would help his maturity a lot.
Maybe if Bylsma was gone next year, if he's still around he'd just dick Yakupov around the same way Eakins has.

Zen Arcade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 11:38 AM
Homesick

Quote:
Everybody who took my message serious should be ashamed. I think it was obvious that I was joking.
If you think the whole world is crazy and you're the only sane one; I have bad news for you. These boards are full of morons that overrate their players. Try a better delivery next time then, or this ""

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diatomic View Post
Yeah I doubt it... Oilers fans are notorious for overrating trash like their current goaltending and defensive core.
A Leaf fan trolling another teams current goaltending and defense
Comments like this is why I'm glad the Leafs are back where they belong.

Anyways,

Pens fans rag on Fleury but he's still an excellent goaltender, and most likely going to get better.
I can see why Maatta is highly regarded in Pittsburgh. He's a great player but not ready to be a #1 guy with five #3-8 guys behind him.
Yakupovs value is low and thats why the board is full of proposals for him(rarely started by Oilers fans I might add).
I'm biased towards Klefbom. I hated the pick (I wanted Morrow) and still have lingering resentment towards him but he's been so good in a short stretch.

The deal makes sense for the Oilers but not for Pittsburgh.

oh, and beat it if you think the Oilers will trade Yakupov for Despres

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 11:54 AM
JxStaalx11
#BeauKnows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vokouna Maattata View Post
I wouldn't trade Maatta alone for Klebom and Yakupov, so we agree that the OP is bad.

Edmonton fans want a return based on what he could become, and other teams fans want to offer based on what he has done so far. His actual value is somewhere in the middle. Just as you can't ignore that he was a highly touted 1st overall pick, his horrendous play this year can't be ignored when rating his value. Edmonton would be best to hope he rebounds, because he won't bring back what you want right now.

The most I'd offer for Yakupov is Sutter and Despres, and I feel like that's an overpayment. Our top-6 would be set with:

Kunitz-Crosby-Yakupov
Bennett-Malkin-Neal
Kunitz - Crosby - Bennett
Neal/Yakupov - Malkin - Yakupov/Neal.

Dont think Yak would play with sid.

JxStaalx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 11:56 AM
CanadienShark

Quote:

Kunitz-Crosby-Yakupov
Bennett-Malkin-Neal

You're joking, right?

CanadienShark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 12:42 PM
Hail Stannis

If you think the Penguins would move Maata for the laughing-stock that Yakupov has been made out to be I want some of whatever you are on. Not only that but we're giving up Fleury on the HOPE that we sign a FA goalie like Miller? No thanks pal.

Hail Stannis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 01:41 PM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqsw View Post
Wow! Too funny!
Is it really ? Take a look at your goalies record and stats the last few playoffs . You will then see how funny it is .

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 02:17 PM
penguins2946*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JxStaalx11 View Post
Kunitz - Crosby - Bennett
Neal/Yakupov - Malkin - Yakupov/Neal.

Dont think Yak would play with sid.
That would be stupid. Neal and Yakupov would serve the same purpose. Either put Neal or Yakupov with Crosby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post

You're joking, right?
I'm not willing to pay any more for a young offensive winger that's struggling to hit 30 points. I don't particularly give a crap where he was drafted or where his potential is. If we could get him for cheap, I'd do it. Otherwise, hell no. He has done nothing to justify bringing back a big return.

Old
04-11-2014, 02:23 PM
Pens1566

Quote:
Originally Posted by supert View Post
Is it really ? Take a look at your goalies record and stats the last few playoffs . You will then see how funny it is .
Key word there is "playoffs". And maybe "few" if you want to get picky.

Pens1566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 02:24 PM
Zaddy Zads

These threads always make me laugh. Thanks guys, I needed it.

Actually I might revisit this thread in a few years for an even better laugh.

Zaddy Zads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 06:45 PM
Rick16

Quote:
Nope. We don't need Fleury, Scrivens and Fasth are both better and Klefbom is as good as Määttä. If Pens wants Yakupov, Malkin is coming back.
loll is that guy serious?

Rick16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 06:48 PM
dustybreaks

Quote:
Nope. We don't need Fleury, Scrivens and Fasth are both better and Klefbom is as good as Määttä. If Pens wants Yakupov, Malkin is coming back.
You've got nothing going for you in this post. Nothing.

dustybreaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 06:55 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

Yeah, I wouldn't do this as a Pittsburgh fan.

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 06:57 PM
Leafswillrulesometim

Quote:

Kunitz-Crosby-Yakupov
Bennett-Malkin-Neal
LOL. Homerism right der.

That's not even close as far as value for value is concerned. A fresh start with 2 of the best players in the world could easily shoot Yakupov to new levels. No way Oilers give him away for scraps...

Leafswillrulesometim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 07:38 PM
penguins2946*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafswillrulesometim View Post
LOL. Homerism right der.

That's not even close as far as value for value is concerned. A fresh start with 2 of the best players in the world could easily shoot Yakupov to new levels. No way Oilers give him away for scraps...
The Oilers can't demand based on what Yakupov would do. And Sutter and Despres are hardly scraps.

I'm also tired of hearing how much Sid and Geno raise the point totals of their wingers. For every Dupuis or Neak, there are 2 of Satan, Boychuk, Tangradi, or Jeffery.

Old
04-11-2014, 07:50 PM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafswillrulesometim View Post
Perhaps. But Dupuis's first 40+ point season, Crosby only played 22 games. During the 10-11 and 11-12 seasons, if you look at Dupuis PPG during games where Crosby is playing, and where Crosby isn't playing... it's .048 PPG (4 points over 82 games). And don't say it was Malkin, because Dupuis almost never plays with Malkin.

Do I think Yak could do wonders with Crosby (where he'd likely slot), yes. But his trade value is really hard to nail down. He had a great rookie season, then really stunk the joint up this year. Not the first young player to have a slump (more so when the team is sucking too), but it doesn't really lead to getting a massive return if he's moved.

Edmonton's best bet is to either trade him for a top 3 pick in this draft (then draft Ekblad and Bennett/Reinhart), or hang onto him and hope that he develops like everything thinks he does. But any trade for him will not bring in a top level player, but a package.

04-11-2014, 08:03 PM
jgoud*

Quote:

Anyway, hell no to the OP. Yakupov would be benched in a millisecond in Pittsburgh, and we have no need for Klefbom. I'm also not moving Maatta in any deal unless a significant winger is coming back. A young struggling 30 point winger that has no interest in grinding or playing defensively (2 must haves to play under Bylsma) isn't who I'd move Maatta for. Hell, Bennett grinds and is committed defensively, but he still gets benched by Bylsma.
Yeah because all the stars on Pittsburgh are so committed to playing d You can keep Maata, the oilers wouldn't trade yak for a strictly offensive d anyway as we already have Schultz. Maata is also slow as hell.

jgoud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 08:08 PM
penguins2946*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoud View Post
Yeah because all the stars on Pittsburgh are so committed to playing d
There's a difference between benching 2 franchise players capable of 100 points and a young struggling 30 point winger.

Quote:
You can keep Maata, the oilers wouldn't trade yak for a strictly offensive d anyway as we already have Schultz. Maata is also slow as hell.
Clarification: I have no idea who Maatta is, so I'm just going to make up stuff to pump my own team's tires.

Maatta would instantly be your best D, but I guess a team with no D and only offensive wingers can win a cup, right?

Old
04-11-2014, 08:46 PM
jgoud*

Quote:
There's a difference between benching 2 franchise players capable of 100 points and a young struggling 30 point winger.

Clarification: I have no idea who Maatta is, so I'm just going to make up stuff to pump my own team's tires.

Maatta would instantly be your best D, but I guess a team with no D and only offensive wingers can win a cup, right?
Yakupov hasn't even played 2 full seasons in the NHL yet. It's fair to say you would play it safe and keep Maata but Yakupov holds a lot more value than him despite struggling this year. Just like Galchenyuk and Huberdeau are worth more than Maata as well.

Maata also wouldn't be our best defensemen if we traded for him. Klefbom and Marincin are just as good a him, they're just better at playing D and not strictly offensive defensemen. Clarification: I don't actually watch the oilers, I just look at their D's production.

Also, Maata is slow. Most pen fans can see that through their homer goggles.

jgoud* is offline   Reply With Quote