HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game Thread : Exhibition , Habs Vs Wild

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-02-2003, 05:30 PM
  #1
Maithz
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Game Thread : Exhibition , Habs Vs Wild

According to Rds the lineup will be :

Marcel Hossa -- Mike Ribeiro -- Donald Audette
Jan Bulis -- Yanic Perreault -- Michael Ryder
Niklas Sundstrom -- Jo Juneau -- Andreas Dackell
Grdie Dwyer -- Chris Higgins -- Jason Ward

I hope Higgins and Ryder will have more icetime .

I predict 2-1 Habs

 
Old
10-02-2003, 06:19 PM
  #2
caper13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: cape breton nova scotia
Posts: 392
vCash: 500
why do they keep putting ward and higgens on the forth line they will never show their talent with no ice time

caper13 is offline  
Old
10-02-2003, 11:47 PM
  #3
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban
 
Team_Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,955
vCash: 500
Without Carpatier , Traverse and Dhykuis it should be fine

That game Vs the Leafs was a real pain to watch .

I feel bad for Plekanec , he was very good so far ... he outplayed both Higgins and Juneau .

Team_Spirit is offline  
Old
10-03-2003, 02:49 AM
  #4
Breenger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: St. Henri
Country: Canada
Posts: 326
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by caper13
why do they keep putting ward and higgens on the forth line they will never show their talent with no ice time
Because that is the line they are auditioning for, CJ is just trying to see if they would have any chemistry with Dwyer, if so, this is where you will see them opening day. I think he's already decided that if they are to make the team, this is the line that they will be on.

Breenger is offline  
Old
10-03-2003, 04:15 AM
  #5
fatmax
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Mirabel, Qc
Posts: 457
vCash: 500
I'll say habs 3 wild 1, last goal in an open net!

But it sucks that Higgins is, again, playing with Gordie Dwyer, I like the way he plays but damn, can he put it in the net when he have the chance!! maybe I'm asking too much from him, but I'm sure that if Higgins have another winger, this line will be better!

As for the people who think that Higgins playing on the 4th line will bring him fourth line ice time, my opinion is: this is preseason and everybody gets the same ice time (except players who play on PP and PK)!

fatmax is offline  
Old
10-03-2003, 04:46 AM
  #6
Habber
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Saskatoon, Sask.
Posts: 2,030
vCash: 500
Higgins and Plekanec are battling for the 4th line spot, so why not play them at that spot? I imagine Higgs will play tonight and Pleks tomorrow and one of them will stay up and take the 4th line centre spot until Kilger or Saku comes back.

One thing that is stupid is Dackell on the third line. Ward should definately be ahead of him on the depth chart and is ideally suited for a third liner, penalty killer.

Habber is offline  
Old
10-03-2003, 05:17 AM
  #7
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole
 
Munchausen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Stuck in traffic
Posts: 5,330
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekanec
Because Gainey still has'nt been able to trade Perreault and Julien do know that if he gives solid wingers to Higgins with second line ice time, he will produce and be more effective than Perreault... Then, fans wont be to patient with Perreault and they will ask for Higgins on the top lines!
Right... It's a conspiracy to make sure Higgins does not look better than Perreault.

Sorry Plekanec but this has to be the most ridiculous explanation I've heard so far. I don't know if I should laugh or cry...

Munchausen is offline  
Old
10-03-2003, 05:48 AM
  #8
NWT Habs Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,046
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habber
Higgins and Plekanec are battling for the 4th line spot, so why not play them at that spot? I imagine Higgs will play tonight and Pleks tomorrow and one of them will stay up and take the 4th line centre spot until Kilger or Saku comes back.

One thing that is stupid is Dackell on the third line. Ward should definately be ahead of him on the depth chart and is ideally suited for a third liner, penalty killer.
Strictly based on past performance and suitability, I would see why CJ would match Joey and Dackell. They have played for a while together over the past few years. Based on the potential upside that Ward showed last year, moving him to the third line makes sense. The problem is that I really haven't heard much about either so far in camp or in the pre-season. So CJ may still be playing a bit in pre-season to find where the chemistry exists amongst the remaining healthy players.

As for Pleks, he has been receiving good reports so far and would be a reasonable addition against a very defensive team like Minny...always good to have a shifty playmaker and skater when you are trying to beat the trap. Oh well, I guess he will see the Sens tomorrow.

NWT Habs Fan is offline  
Old
10-03-2003, 06:00 AM
  #9
Habber
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Saskatoon, Sask.
Posts: 2,030
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWT Habs Fan
Strictly based on past performance and suitability, I would see why CJ would match Joey and Dackell. They have played for a while together over the past few years. Based on the potential upside that Ward showed last year, moving him to the third line makes sense. The problem is that I really haven't heard much about either so far in camp or in the pre-season. So CJ may still be playing a bit in pre-season to find where the chemistry exists amongst the remaining healthy players.
Even more of a reason to play Ward on the 3rd line. We all know what Dackell can do on the third playing with Juneau (which is not a lot IMO) so why not let Ward show what he can do? Unless it's a similar situation to Higgs/Pleks where CJ is maybe auditioning one tonight and one tomorrow for the spot. I would be very dissappointed if Ward started the season on the 4th line when Dackell is on the third.

Ryder is being given a golden opportunity tonight and hopefully he has a strong game.

I wish RDS would post the D and tender as well.

Habber is offline  
Old
10-03-2003, 06:09 AM
  #10
boilerrm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 31
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABS-65
According to Rds the lineup will be :

Marcel Hossa -- Mike Ribeiro -- Donald Audette
Jan Bulis -- Yanic Perreault -- Michael Ryder
Niklas Sundstrom -- Jo Juneau -- Andreas Dackell
Grdie Dwyer -- Chris Higgins -- Jason Ward

I hope Higgins and Ryder will have more icetime .

I predict 2-1 Habs
i see they have audette on the 1st line again,can someone explain to me why.he's played in most if not all the ex games on the 1st line,,pp unit and still to me does nothing while higgins and ward play on the 4th line

boilerrm is offline  
Old
10-03-2003, 06:30 AM
  #11
NWT Habs Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,046
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habber
Even more of a reason to play Ward on the 3rd line. We all know what Dackell can do on the third playing with Juneau (which is not a lot IMO) so why not let Ward show what he can do? Unless it's a similar situation to Higgs/Pleks where CJ is maybe auditioning one tonight and one tomorrow for the spot. I would be very dissappointed if Ward started the season on the 4th line when Dackell is on the third.

Ryder is being given a golden opportunity tonight and hopefully he has a strong game.

I wish RDS would post the D and tender as well.
Valid points, the only good thing is that Higgs gets a much better linemate in Ward than those he has been seeing so far this pre-season. I hope CJ sticks with rolling all four lines to give those guys decent ice time (and not just since I will be at the game tonight!!).

NWT Habs Fan is offline  
Old
10-03-2003, 06:48 AM
  #12
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole
 
Munchausen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Stuck in traffic
Posts: 5,330
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by boilerrm
i see they have audette on the 1st line again,can someone explain to me why.he's played in most if not all the ex games on the 1st line,,pp unit and still to me does nothing while higgins and ward play on the 4th line
Because they probably want to see what he can do with Ribeiro. They're probably not thrilled with the idea of putting him on the 1st line with Koivu where Zednik would do a much better job and Audette simply cannot play in a checking role so if they consider giving a chance to Ribeiro on the 2nd line, it's logic to play Audette with him there to see if there's some chemistry. We're in the last tweakings here...

Munchausen is offline  
Old
10-03-2003, 10:24 AM
  #13
Bruinster*
 
Bruinster*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Behind the enemy lin
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,367
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Bruinster*
I will be at the Bell center tonite, i anticipate a snooze fest, someone give a pair of free ticket in the 124 section . i hope a couple of fight or good hit, but its very improbable !!!

Bruinster* is offline  
Old
10-03-2003, 12:57 PM
  #14
StanleyCH25
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by caper13
why do they keep putting ward and higgens on the forth line they will never show their talent with no ice time
Because that's the line that requires a lot of work, grit and also shows you how to learn defense.

We already know that Higgins is an offensive weapon and this can help refine some of his defensive abilities before throwing him up on a scoring line.

StanleyCH25 is offline  
Old
10-03-2003, 03:02 PM
  #15
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole
 
Munchausen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Stuck in traffic
Posts: 5,330
vCash: 500
I'm listening to the game online and it seems there's been a slight modification in the lineup originally anounced. Might want to update it in the 1st post HABS-65 for future references.

Hossa - Ribeiro - Audette
Bulis - Perreault - Ryder
Sundstrom - Higgins - Dackell
Dwyer - Plekanec - Ward

Markov - Rivet
Souray - Quintal
Bouillon - Brisebois

Garon

Munchausen is offline  
Old
10-03-2003, 03:17 PM
  #16
Blunt182
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 29
vCash: 500
Sounds like a real sleeper....7 shots aside...no penalties...and surprise surprise...no goals!

Blunt182 is offline  
Old
10-03-2003, 03:18 PM
  #17
ceber
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Wyoming, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,500
vCash: 500
Is there television coverage of the game up there? (over there, I guess )

ceber is offline  
Old
10-03-2003, 03:28 PM
  #18
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole
 
Munchausen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Stuck in traffic
Posts: 5,330
vCash: 500
Mini 1-0.

goal on the PP (Zolthok from Bouchard and Marshall)

Munchausen is offline  
Old
10-03-2003, 03:35 PM
  #19
Cayouche5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,741
vCash: 500
2-0
guess what Daigle scores

Cayouche5 is offline  
Old
10-03-2003, 03:35 PM
  #20
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole
 
Munchausen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Stuck in traffic
Posts: 5,330
vCash: 500
Mini scores

2-0

On an other PP

Daigle has it from Veilleux and Zolthok.

Munchausen is offline  
Old
10-03-2003, 03:35 PM
  #21
AK-47
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 612
vCash: 500
Make it 2-0...

Daigle scores on the powerplay.

This team can't do anything right...this pre-season.

AK-47 is offline  
Old
10-03-2003, 03:36 PM
  #22
Vicious
Registered User
 
Vicious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,691
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Vicious
I know it's offseason and all that.. but I am really starting to get worried now.

Vicious is offline  
Old
10-03-2003, 03:38 PM
  #23
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole
 
Munchausen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Stuck in traffic
Posts: 5,330
vCash: 500
Gigantic hit from Ryder on ?

Habs on the PP.

Munchausen is offline  
Old
10-03-2003, 03:39 PM
  #24
AK-47
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious
I know it's offseason and all that.. but I am really starting to get worried now.

Considering they can't score and seem to alloy the odd goal, it's isn't looking very good. Just look at the schedule we have to start the year, we could be out right from the get go.

AK-47 is offline  
Old
10-03-2003, 03:41 PM
  #25
AK-47
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Komisarek
Will you people shutup already!

"Oh my god im really worried guys! we can't score in pre-season!!, what are we gonna do!!"

blah blah blah, why don't you cry about it, or WAIT til the REAL season begins. kthx



The season starts next week and the team can't buy a goal. So, in my mind, there is a problem here.

AK-47 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:06 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.