HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Shea's Mad

Old
04-09-2014, 10:54 AM
Jarnberg

vCash: 500
Shea's Mad

Quote:
"Nobody likes losing. It's frustrating," he said, pausing for a second. "I don't know. I don't know what to say. It sucks. I hate it. Everyone in here hates it, and it's not a good feeling. Something's got to change. We have to get better, and we have to find a way to get into the postseason."
http://www.tennessean.com/story/spor...hopes/7493379/

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2014, 11:12 AM
Montross
Favoritism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
He might be getting a big change soon:

http://rinksidereport.com/2014/04/09...shville-bench/

Montross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2014, 11:23 AM
Drake744
Keep Seth Jones

vCash: 325
I didn't even know Trotz's contract was up. He's definitely gone. Hire Laviolette.

Our game needs some jam and some giddy up and go.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2014, 11:24 AM
Smilodon

Those comments alone just fueled the "He doesn't want to play there" trade thread junkies for the rest of his career.

Smilodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2014, 11:35 AM
pekkaslap

Trotz contract being up is huge. They dont have to fire him, just no contact renewal. If they actually had to fire him, i dont know that he'd be gone this year.

pekkaslap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2014, 11:37 AM
Byrddog

vCash: 534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
I didn't even know Trotz's contract was up. He's definitely gone. Hire Laviolette.

Our game needs some jam and some giddy up and go.
If Trotz is fired Laviolette is not a good choice at this time. When the team gets rid of the poor contracts it would be good to see him build an offense to go with the defense. I don't think he would even consider the job here for that reason. He and Trotz will be the top tickets for other teams to fill there vacancies.

If I were betting I would take Randy Carlyle. And Trotz may well land in Toronto as well.

Byrddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2014, 11:40 AM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
If Trotz is fired Laviolette is not a good choice at this time. When the team gets rid of the poor contracts it would be good to see him build an offense to go with the defense. I don't think he would even consider the job here for that reason. He and Trotz will be the top tickets for other teams to fill there vacancies.

If I were betting I would take Randy Carlyle. And Trotz may well land in Toronto as well.
Why on earth would they take Carlyle? He couldn't do anything with his team, even with the upgraded offense compared to here. 2 years with Carlyle with this team will definitely put us picking #1 over all for both years.

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2014, 11:44 AM
roseyc

I think Poile would be interested in the Vancouver situation they need an overhaul with some movable parts .. can you see this act moving to the great northwest

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2014, 12:05 PM
Byrddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
Why on earth would they take Carlyle? He couldn't do anything with his team, even with the upgraded offense compared to here. 2 years with Carlyle with this team will definitely put us picking #1 over all for both years.
Carlyle is similar to Trotz but is more open in his offense system. He has won a cup. He also took the Ducks to two conference finals aside from the cup year. He will fit better with the current roster that will not be dramatically different next year.

Changing the coach is not going to make the difference that many think it will with the current roster. If DP is retained he must pull a few tricks like Jarnkrok and FF to get this offense moving. Two or three 20 goal forwards are not going to get a team past round one now. Theres zero chance that the Preds can make it to playoffs in the division and will rely on the wildcard for a couple years at least.

Even replacing Trotz will not change the fact the competition is still far superior to what the current team can compete with.

Old
04-09-2014, 12:14 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Carlyle is similar to Trotz but is more open in his offense system. He has won a cup. He also took the Ducks to two conference finals aside from the cup year. He will fit better with the current roster that will not be dramatically different next year.
I'm going to agree here. It's a slightly more open system. I don't think we need to go too drastic, so maybe this would work.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2014, 12:23 PM
Drake744
Keep Seth Jones

Quote:

That's all well and good.....if he's fired. Which is obviously a possibility but I don't think it's as much of a done deal as it seems a lot of people do.

Old
04-09-2014, 12:35 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:

Changing the coach is not going to make the difference that many think it will with the current roster. If DP is retained he must pull a few tricks like Jarnkrok and FF to get this offense moving. Two or three 20 goal forwards are not going to get a team past round one now. Theres zero chance that the Preds can make it to playoffs in the division and will rely on the wildcard for a couple years at least.

Even replacing Trotz will not change the fact the competition is still far superior to what the current team can compete with.
I agree, if anything, Carlyle to NSH, Trotz to CAR (Kirk is GONE)

EDIT: and no **** Shea is mad. Team just got knocked out of the playoffs.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2014, 01:33 PM
egd27
#freethebigpicture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
That's all well and good.....if he's fired. Which is obviously a possibility but I don't think it's as much of a done deal as it seems a lot of people do.
There's a group of us driving him to the airport on Sunday. Can someone there pick him up?

egd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2014, 01:43 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
I mean, really every player we get ends up looking exactly the same. For players to score they have to be creative, to be creative you have to take some chances, we never do, ever. Is the reason we don't score due to lack of talent or lack of coaching. "Radulov proves...." he did, for one season, but was constantly blasted in the media by Trotz much like Legwand and Erat. Why is Sullivan never called out? I'm glad he's not but he seems to get a pass from Trotz. Dumont doesn't get that pass, why not? It's not like Sully is a good defensive player either.

I differ from most, I think we have much better talent than we show. And I think Trotz chokes it sometimes.

I'd just like to see us more aggressive offensively. I'd like to see the top lines get top line minutes and top offensive players (Wilson) moved to the top offensive lines.
Well, I guess my opinion hasn't changed much... The above quote is from 3 years ago.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2014, 01:51 PM
Byrddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Well, I guess my opinion hasn't changed much... The above quote is from 3 years ago.
Funny to go back and read the stuff and see nuttin has really changed. Dumont was given a rough deal, his least year stuck on the 3rd and 4th line mostly and still was in top 4 if I remember in points on the team. The Let go with a year left, he could have been a better asset.

Also 3 years ago and were still waiting on Wilson. I hope the sun has set on him and he is moved for picks in next years draft. Unless we pick top three some how I can really care less about the upcoming draft.

Old
04-09-2014, 02:26 PM
Drake744
Keep Seth Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by egd27 View Post
There's a group of us driving him to the airport on Sunday. Can someone there pick him up?
Oh I'm sure we could work something out. Maybe you can pick up Trotz if we send him up there.

Old
04-09-2014, 02:51 PM
TootooTrain
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
I agree, if anything, Carlyle to NSH, Trotz to CAR (Kirk is GONE)

EDIT: and no **** Shea is mad. Team just got knocked out of the playoffs.
My thoughts exactly. I honestly think Carlyle would be a good fit IF, he's let go. It's a more offensively driven mindset than with Trotz, but he still wants to see guys forcheck and finish checks. Wouldn't be the biggest leap in terms of learning another system, but is much more liberal towards letting the skilled players do their thing in the right situation.

As for Shea. I'd be angry too. Your season is over a month earlier than it should.

TootooTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2014, 03:31 PM
PredsFanFromla

The management better listen to shea weber,because you don't wanna see angry shea weber

PredsFanFromla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2014, 03:37 PM
RCola88

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsFanFromla View Post
The management better listen to shea weber,because you don't wanna see angry shea weber
Yeah I don't want him to demand a trade, with Trotz and Leggy gone, we don't have anything anymore. We need Weber & Rinne for the rest of their career, as a brand.

Personally, I wouldn't mind Tortorella, doubt MDZ would like that haha. But none the less, we should look for a coach with a similar mind to Trotz but more offensive minded. I dont like Carlyle, but there won't be any better options, so we will see.

These next few weeks will be very interesting...

RCola88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2014, 03:45 PM
ILikeItILoveIt

What NHL coach could have won anything with this roster? None. Trotz is a good coach and a great man. When he's had the pieces, and even sometimes when he hasn't, we've won. If he has to be the scapegoat, so be it.

The real architect of our downward spiral is Poile.

When he mismanaged Suter and Weber's contracts, he lost one and forced ownership to pay ridiculous money for the other. Both should have been signed to long term deals years before UFA time.

We were built to have Pekka and Suts/Webs up the middle, with the D-pair playing 30 minutes a night. Think of the luxury of putting Josi on your 2nd pairing. When DP lost Suter, we lost our competitive advantage. We matched up 20/6 against every high-scoring line in the league. When we were locking down one-goal leads, 20/6 made it happen. This wasn't Trotz's fault.

The signing of 3rd and 4th liners this past off-season was the bonehead move of the century. We would have been better off pooling all that money and vastly overpaying one true superstar forward. We have guys in our system to play the roles played by Nystrom, Hendricks, Stalberg, and Cullen for a fraction of the cost.

Maybe the ticket buyer revolt will force ownership's hand on Trotz, but Patrick Roy would have lost with this team too.

ILikeItILoveIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2014, 03:55 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
From what I've seen of the Leafs under Carlyle, he would utterly destroy this team. Unless he learns from this season and learns fast, he shouldn't be considered at all.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2014, 03:58 PM
PFL615

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeItILoveIt View Post
What NHL coach could have won anything with this roster? None. Trotz is a good coach and a great man. When he's had the pieces, and even sometimes when he hasn't, we've won. If he has to be the scapegoat, so be it.

The real architect of our downward spiral is Poile.

When he mismanaged Suter and Weber's contracts, he lost one and forced ownership to pay ridiculous money for the other. Both should have been signed to long term deals years before UFA time.

We were built to have Pekka and Suts/Webs up the middle, with the D-pair playing 30 minutes a night. Think of the luxury of putting Josi on your 2nd pairing. When DP lost Suter, we lost our competitive advantage. We matched up 20/6 against every high-scoring line in the league. When we were locking down one-goal leads, 20/6 made it happen. This wasn't Trotz's fault.

The signing of 3rd and 4th liners this past off-season was the bonehead move of the century. We would have been better off pooling all that money and vastly overpaying one true superstar forward. We have guys in our system to play the roles played by Nystrom, Hendricks, Stalberg, and Cullen for a fraction of the cost.

Maybe the ticket buyer revolt will force ownership's hand on Trotz, but Patrick Roy would have lost with this team too.
Don't think Trotz didn't have his hands in on Poile decisions on players this year and past especially FA's.

Trotz is a great man and a good coach but his time has long passed in Nashville. I hope he always get's the respect he deserves and i hope the Predators Organization honors what he has done for this franchise. With that said this is not personal it is a sports franchise where changes are made in an attempt to better an organization. Change is obviously needed and thank goodness it appears it is finally going to happen.

PFL615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2014, 04:05 PM
ILikeItILoveIt

If renewals are down, coupled with no playoff revenue for two years and the $13mm for Webs upcoming, ownership will definitely part with Barry. He will be sacrificed in return for "Hope and Change". I don't like it but I get it.

Follow the money. These owners, along with the Front Office above Poile, are not Pred Lifers. They see a coaching change reviving the STHer base.

Which raises the question, if we do offer Trotz to the Bridgestone gods, will STHers who have not renewed reverse course and renew?

ILikeItILoveIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2014, 04:08 PM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeItILoveIt View Post
If renewals are down, coupled with no playoff revenue for two years and the $13mm for Webs upcoming, ownership will definitely part with Barry. He will be sacrificed in return for "Hope and Change". I don't like it but I get it.

Follow the money. These owners, along with the Front Office above Poile, are not Pred Lifers. They see a coaching change reviving the STHer base.

Which raises the question, if we do offer Trotz to the Bridgestone gods, will STHers who have not renewed reverse course and renew?
Nope. I did not renew due to the Ticket Sales Department, not Trotz.

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2014, 04:29 PM
Datsyukian Deke

It definitely needs to happen, and Poile needs to be on a part of that equation as well in my opinion. A much needed fresh start, an upbeat system, new ideas, is probably just what the doctor ordered for this franchise. I hope it takes place.

Datsyukian Deke is offline   Reply With Quote